[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Daddy, what was basketball like before Steph Curry? >Well
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9
File: curry.png (116 KB, 350x254) Image search: [Google]
curry.png
116 KB, 350x254
>Daddy, what was basketball like before Steph Curry?
>Well son it was a very different game back then. One of the things players used to do was fight for positioning close to the basket. Back then tall players had an advantage as they were able to get closer to the hoop. It wasn't uncommon to see guys over 6 and a half or 7 feet tall on the court in those days. Of course now everybody over 6'4" has to go through mandatory height-reducing surgery introduced under Hillary Clinton's privilege initiative. There was also a thing called passing. That was when you threw the ball to another person on your team. Also, most shots were only worth two points. I think that's still a rule, but nobody takes those anymore.
>>
Trying too hard
>>
"So it's all about skill now? What's wrong with that?"

>having your son call you daddy
lmao
>>
>under Hillary Clinton's privilege initiative
Oh god, stopped reading right there. The cringe is too real.
>>
>>66038352
>Implying its not gonna happen
>>
>making the game favour skill instead of the genetic lottery is bad thing
>>
>>66038265
>Of course now everybody over 6'4" has to go through mandatory height-reducing surgery introduced under Hillary Clinton's privilege initiative.
oh what the fuck come on man
>>
>>66038330
>>66038460

these two guys are right
>>
File: 1453233363570.jpg (66 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1453233363570.jpg
66 KB, 640x640
>Daddy, what was basketball like before Steph Curry?
>Well son it was a very different game back then. One of the things players used to do was bullrush the hoop while getting way with traveling, huck a layup, then flop like an italian nonce for a bonus free throw

ftfy
>>
File: 1251235155.jpg (2 KB, 120x98) Image search: [Google]
1251235155.jpg
2 KB, 120x98
>>66038511
this t.b.h.
>>
File: feels goodman.jpg (16 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
feels goodman.jpg
16 KB, 360x240
>>66038511
>>66038529
>mfw i haven't heard "drives to the hoop" all season
>>
>>66038460
this. apehoop era is shit
>>
>>66038265
t. redditor
>>
How does he do it?
>>
>>66038460
Just watch chess or motor """""""sports""""""" then
>>
>>66038551
That's only because you haven't watched a game all season. Having a meme team dominate the league will do that.
>>
>>66038265
>well my wife's son

Ftfy
>>
>>66038265
>son
You mean wife's son
>>
>>66038460
>Well son there used to be an era when you didn't have to be skilled just big as fuck so nobody can guard you so you can stand in front of the hoop and throw in high percentage shots instead of improving your skill. During that time you could literally not be able to shoot free throws (literally the most basic skill in the game) and still win multiple championships.
>>
>>66038992
>meme team
>outshooting opponents with accuracy is a meme
The only reason you get into the paint in the first place is to get high percentage shots.
If you get high percentage shots outside the paint why even drive?
>mfw there are literal retards that can't into change in meta and different styles
If the rest of the league could actually post up then maybe the fucking game wouldn't be about jacking 3's and driving and flopping for and ones.
>>
File: Curry.png (1 MB, 1080x998) Image search: [Google]
Curry.png
1 MB, 1080x998
>Hey Dad, why do you like Steph Curry so much?
>Well Ty'shawn Jr., your mother's boyfriend has been a huge Curry fan since 2015. He has all of Steph's "swag" *giggle*. Basically, son, I try to emulate everything Ty'shawn sr. does because he sets the standard for my relationship with your mother. She likes to be made love to in a certain way, and she says after a few years of watching her and Ty'Shawn make love, I can hopefully make love to your mother too. It's the same with Steph Curry, son. I used to think that NBA greats were Michael Jordan, Gary Payton, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, where defense, leadership, and ingrained greatness were on display. But Ty'Shawn says that Curry "hit dem 3's all day like 2k". He's right. I have changed my mind about NBA greatness, and I am changing ways to accommodate Ty'Shawn and your mother.
>>
Daily reminder that this GSW team is similar to Reggie Miillers pacers except they actually won.
Daily reminder that butthurt big market teams mad they drafted all the shit 7 footers who can't post up meme and big point guard memes.
>>
Why do compasses act funny near the basket and ball?
>>
File: magnets-550x327.jpg (41 KB, 550x327) Image search: [Google]
magnets-550x327.jpg
41 KB, 550x327
>>66039226
>>
why did you bring hillary clinton into this?
>>
File: AGh8oRGW.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
AGh8oRGW.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
>>66038511
>tfw in love with a sexy Italian nonce
>>
File: another liberal.gif (962 KB, 245x213) Image search: [Google]
another liberal.gif
962 KB, 245x213
>>66038265
>hillary Clinton
>president
>liberal
>president again.

Oh really cause that's a damn...
>>
>>66039161
>snuck Gary Payton into this otherwise perfect art.
>us 12s
>>
41 and 13 tn nigger
>>
>>66038460
Curry's dad played in the NBA, he was also a good shooter, his brother is in the NBA too, guess what? he's a decent shooter too.

Curry is the epitome of the term genetic lottery.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 250x308) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 250x308
>>66039161
>hit dem 3's all day like 2k
>>
>daddy what was basketball like before curry?
>well son, this huge fucking faggot named lebron hyped himself up as the king, stat padded in the regular season against a historically weak period in the league, and routinely got beat but old, geriatric, men when it mattered. Eventually he took the easy way and switched teams in a completely disgraceful way so he could play with multiple future hall of famers yet still routinely got beat by the now older men when it mattered. After two incredibly fortuitous wins that can about not because of him but rather despite him he went back to his team to continue to stat pad against the leastern conference but then started getting dominated by curry when it mattered. Soon after he faded to obscurity because he was too much of a dumb nigger to ever work on his post game
>>
>>66039161
Max kek
>>
>>66039589
exactly, he's the definition of privilege
>>
>>66039767
I seriously can't stand all the praise Curry gets. He's a fantastic shooter. No one can argue that. That being said, 75% of his shots are off screens or come before the defense is set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRny0PTCZsU

Look at how many times his defender is screened at the top of 3pt line. He even gets screens at halfcourt as he brings the ball up. If Curry was in any other system with any other team he wouldn't be as successful.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.