[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What sport burns the most calories? My son is a little plump
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5
File: Ob.png (324 KB, 720x644) Image search: [Google]
Ob.png
324 KB, 720x644
What sport burns the most calories? My son is a little plump and the school is cutting PE next school year due to budget cuts.
>>
Cycling
>>
>>66025292
Try swimming
>>
>>66025292
>my son

Am I in the right board right now?
>>
Any sport except for baseball. especially swimming or soccer
>>
>>66025292

Soccer. It's the perfect sport/daycare for your kids, they just run around on a field chasing a ball around and do nothing else. Then, if it turns out that he has any athletic ability, he can move on to basketball/football/baseball/hockey once he gets to middle school.
>>
>>66025292
>My wife's son
>>
File: ebensee-survivors.gif (39 KB, 320x239) Image search: [Google]
ebensee-survivors.gif
39 KB, 320x239
>>66025292
Holocaust
>>
>>66025329
This. Also tell your wife's son to lay off the fucking Doritos and mountain dew
>>
>>66025292
>the school is cutting PE next school year due to budget cuts.

only in America
>>
reminder that running is not a sport
>>
>>66025357

It's funny, because usually schools will cut everything else before sports.

>"Art, music, home ec, carpentry? Cut 'em all, we need a new football field."
>>
>>66025359
But it burns a lot of calories and is rewarding
>>
>>66025376
that doesn't make it a sport
>>
>>66025375
PE is different than sports. PE is for everyone, sports are for athletes.
>>
>>66025375
This mostly happens in the south and a few other places that are successful at football
>>
>>66025359
Running is one of the oldest sports in history.
>>
Ask >>>/fit/ and do exactly the oppsite of what they tell you.
>>
>>66025398
ignore him
>>66025292
gomad + ss
>>
Feed him a diet of real food with smaller portions.

Don't take away his video games or else he'll go into an autistic rage.
>>
>>66025388
Midwest same thing
Upper middle class Chicago suburbs specifically
They hire feelings counselors cuz they think gender issues is gonna make the entire student body an hero
Meanwhile they're cutting sports like crazy, even staples like gymnastics
>>
>>66025442
The Midwest also tends to be good at football, especially Ohio. At every level except pro where they a shit
>>
>>66025292
stop feeding him processed foods, sugars, corn syrup shit
>>
>>66025456
Who's good at college then
>>
>>66025357
American kids really aren't that fat. It's mostly the baby boomers and their kids who are the fucking fatasses. Nowadays it's mostly just the spic kids who are fat.
>>
Chess
E-Sports
Darts
>>
>>66025473
>Ohio State
>Mich State
>scUM
>PSU linebackers
pick one
>>
>>66025489
God damn where do you live
I was driving through Wichita on Saturday and saw the fastest white people I'd ever seen in my life

Des Moines legitimately had the hottest female population I'd ever seen so that countered all of the Wichita fatties
>>
>>66025473
The Ohio State University. GOAT football school.
>>
>>66025497
I meant in Ohio
Since buckeyes look horrible this year
>>
>>66025375
lies, my school sold all its football equipment for a piano
>>
>>66025516
That happens a lot in the US. You're in Canada so it's probably different.
>>
>>66025292
kek 11 million visits? That's like 200-300 a day, nobody has enough time for that. it doesn't even make sense. I could see going like once or twice a month tho
>>
>>66025548
>this is considered bait in America
>>
>>66025292
Calories?
Cycling and cross country skiing.

I used to burn trough 7000 kcal in one day on the bike.
>>
swimming. have you seen the amount of calories Phelps had to eat just to keep up with what his body needed from working out?
>>
>>66025507
I guess I'm probably biased
I've only lived in Colorado and in my college town in upstate new York.
I don't think I've seen a badly obese male classmate in my life
>>
>>66025686
this, it's one of the few sports that give every muscle in your body (or near enough) a work out
>>
>mfw an american was fat near me
>>
>>66025516
good decision
>>
Swimming for sure
>>
Squash
>>
>>66025687
The coasts/Rocky Mtn states don't have the same obesity rates as the rest of the country, the Midwest and the Deep South is fat people central

I visited in-laws in Michigan last year and was blown away by not only how many fat people there were but also HOW fat they were, just hundreds of circular people waddling through life, I don't understand it at all, and I'm from Georgia so I thought I knew what an obesity epidemic looked like, how wrong I was
>>
gotta do whatever it takes, eat big to get big CMON GODDAMMIT
>>
I'll agree with the swimming suggestions in this thread, and add water polo as a more sport oriented alternative. Cycling, boxing/martial arts, and squash are also good.
>>
Miami here. Few fat people but so many fit and beautiful people that it makes you self conscious. I consider myself to be good looking but it still makes me feel bad when there's literally hundreds of goddesses and Adonis' everywhere I look at the beach
>>
File: fattest-states-2014-big.jpg (685 KB, 1500x1169) Image search: [Google]
fattest-states-2014-big.jpg
685 KB, 1500x1169
>>66025839
Michigan is ridiculously fat.

>mfw the conservative states are fatter and the liberal states are skinnier, with the exception of Michigan and Utah
>>
>>66025894

It's pretty much impossible to compete in Miami, I grew up there and nearly every person I knew in HS (myself included) played a sport or went to the gym regularly.
>>
>>66025292
>What sport burns the most calories?

fire dancing?
>>
>>66025329
this
swimming has a pretty low risk of getting injurys and for me one the best way to prevent back problems

but you need to know swimming is kinda boring compared to other sports
>>
>>66025359

This post brought to you by the same country that brought us Roger Bannister, Seb Coe, Paula Radcliffe, and Mo Farah.

Running is your heritage, your country is better at running than any other sport and it's not even close. Get fucked.
>>
>>66025379

What constitutes "being a sport?" and why are your criteria superior?
>>
>>66025292
>My son

Missed an opportunity to meme there la
>>
>>66025687

Where in upstate NY? Buffalbro here.
>>
>>66025359
It is if you are running against competitors and have a clearly defined start point and end point.
>>
Put him in something that is fun.
If he can swim,good,but try to make him play soccer.
>>
>>66025514
>this year
Idiot
>>
>>66025329

Can conform OP. Get your little fatty doing swimming.
>>
Rugby. Cardio and strength required and it will make a man out if him not a bitch who swims or plays divegrass
>>
>>66025292
Lipo
>>
>>66025292
I've tried playing basketball with my wife's son but he's so much taller and more athletic than me that it isn't even a competition anymore
>>
Wrestling.
>>
>>66025292
cross country/winter track/spring track if they want to stay active year round

you can replace winter track with swimming
>>
File: cav.jpg (293 KB, 1150x768) Image search: [Google]
cav.jpg
293 KB, 1150x768
>>66025292

Cycling burns a fuckton of calories. And it's fun. Go explore new places. Bomb up hills. Bomb down hills. It's fucking awesome.

It's even better if you do it with other people, get your mates involved to make it competitive.
>>
>>66025548
I was about to post that, and it isnt 300 visits per day, its actually 30000, I mean WTF, literally impossible.

That picture is pure propaganda
>>
>>66026542
But the bikes are so expensive
>>
>>66026542

This.
Fuck running.
Cycling and swimming are the best forms of cardio
>>
File: Obvious.jpg (21 KB, 241x323) Image search: [Google]
Obvious.jpg
21 KB, 241x323
>>66025548
>>66026770
I suspect it might not mean 11 million visits per patient.
>>
Cross Country/Endurance skiing. Not even a contest. You'll need gear and the weather for it though.
>>
>>66027463

Cross country skiing is absolutely based. My wife and I go every weekend for a long Sunday AM ski followed by sauna for a bit then a nice big lunch.
>>
>>66026352
Jesus, can't believe it took this long for someone to say wrestling. Wrestling without a doubt. And you build strength, discipline, flexibility, and can beat the shit out of 95% of other men. I wish I had wrestled in high school, I had a lot of friends who did. It's pretty gay, but damnit they were fucking shredded. Swimming is solid too.
>>
>>66025839
Not all of the Midwest is fat. Having lived in various parts of Ohio all my life I've seen maybe 5 morbidly obese people ever. I think it's more concentrated in really cold areas like Wisconsin and areas that are basically the south
>>
>>66025325
Cycling. Seriously, stop reading here dickhead.
>>
Boxing. Buy a heavy bag and make it a father-son thing.
>>
>>66031019
Come to HAMILTON
Bring your knife
>>
>>66026542
X1000 this. I played soccer, bit of Aussie rules, rugby union, gridiron, tennis, squash, badminton and kitesurfed growing up and cycling has been the most rewarding. Exploring your state with your mates on bikes is unreal. Also it makes fat fall off your body.
>>
>>66025292
If you live near water, rowing will rock your caloric world. If you can afford a rowing machine, they are fantastic for working all muscle groups and cardio.
>>
No sport/exercise burns a significant amount of calories

Make him eat less calories in total
>>
Cross country/wrestling/tennis is the best combo for staying active year round in terms of effectiveness, safety and fun
>>
>>66025292
t. cuck
>>
>>66025914
Jesus. There's not one fucking state where less than 1 out 5 people is literally obese.
>>
Soccer, basketball, boxing
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.