[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many people hate Winnipeg? Not just the Jets but the city?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: mts_centre.jpg (265 KB, 1200x700) Image search: [Google]
mts_centre.jpg
265 KB, 1200x700
Why do so many people hate Winnipeg?
Not just the Jets but the city?
>>
I just see people complaining about how boring it is.
>>
I'd imagine it has something to do with preconceived notions that are the direct result of some sort stereotype.
>>
Weather is miserable, people are miserable and ugly. It's just like the Midwest.
>>
>>66018864
Montreal is a ridiculously fun city
>>
nobody hates Winnipeg. Manitoba is so irrelevant nobody even knows anything about it
>>
>>66018722
It's a really shitty city overall. Starting with the weather, in the winter it goes to -35C (-31F) which is actually -50C (-58F) with the wind chill. Basically for a few months of the year you don't go outside except when absolutely necessary. In the summer it can get unbearably hot, 35+ (95F). Due to the geography, the river and the nearby lakes there are swarms of mosquitoes in the summers as well.

There is a large injun population in the city. These are the niggers of Canada. They're all drunks and drug users who just cause problems. Crime rate is higher than it should be in a place like that.

And overall, it's just a "no place" kinda place. Nothing happens there. The prairies are flyover areas just like the midwest in the US is.
>>
>>66021436
I never can guess if someone's Canadian desu, they sound kinda like Pacific Northwesterners
>>
natives
>>
>>66021635
I've been called Canadian abroad, I have a Minnesota accent so I guess I sound like I'm from up there
>>
>>66018864

Toronto is a New York-lite but still really fun

Montreal is seriously goat, especially if you're young

Vancouver is overrated, fuck this place
>>
>>66018864
Ontario fag here. Montreal is GOAT, french girls Toronto is Chicago with New York's financial district, Vancouver has incredible ocean views, and its close to Whistler which is also GOAT. Winnipeg is shit because its freezing 8 months a year, and there's no nightlife.
>>
>>66021635
then you must not be around that many canadians. I can tell them right away living in south florida. its always a couple of words and saying eh' alot
>>
>>66021136
this

I never think of winnipeg ever. If it werent for the Jets i wouldnt know they were a city.
>>
>>66021436
Depends, Ive been to 35 states or so because of baseball and all the regions in the US have different accents. Texas, Ohio/Indiana, Tennessee, Alabama, Massachusetts, New York are all distinctly different.
>>
>>66021844

Yeah, this lady at work said Vancouver was the most beautiful place she'd ever been to with its mountainous ocean views, said if she could move anywhere in the world it'd be there.
>>
>>66021436
it's really, really easy to identify an American if they're not from a big city. Less so if they are.
>>
>>66021865
yeah maybe it's because their from Vancouver kek
>>
>>66021787

I always heard the best comparison was Chicago.
>>
>>66018722
it's a dirty fucking shit hole.

only 3 cities matter in canada: toronto, vancouver and montreal
>>
File: Macho-FordF-150.jpg (49 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Macho-FordF-150.jpg
49 KB, 620x349
>>66021436
The Canadians in tx are easy to spot
They the only white people who don't have accents
And the women all look like dykes
And they take machismo to a comical level with their 6 wheel trucks and shit
>>
>>66018722
Its just basically a much worse Calgary. Probably even worse than edmonton.
>Colder
>hotter
>Mosquitoes
>injuns
And too top it all of you arent even close to the mountains
>>
Montrealer here.
I fuck 1 to 2 new french girls every single week
fun city indeed
>>
>>66022941
You can get a lot better money doing the same jobs in Texas than Canada
And retirees come in droves
Big over-the-top masculine to the point of it being homoerotic droves
>>
>>66018722
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLlsjEP7L-k
>>
The Canucknuckleheads that come to NYC are Asian tier in shit tourist category
>>
http://youtu.be/LR9HfF6Agg8
Anyone who lives in Winnipeg will confirm this accuracy
>>
>>66023527
i cant imagine a male canadian [non french] canadian can ever manage to seduce a woman. its gotta be the least sexy accent in the world. not saying its ugly or bad just i kinda like it, its just more funny/derpy than sexy
>>
File: 1456418929860.jpg (678 KB, 3192x2124) Image search: [Google]
1456418929860.jpg
678 KB, 3192x2124
>>66029459
>derpy
>>
>>66022941
>>66025257
snowbirds come and retire in texas because cheap hockey and no state income tax
>>
>>66018722
Winnipeg has the largest population of natives living in a city in Canada, that should give you some kind of an idea why we hate it

Also irrelevancy, it's the equivalent of a flyover city/state in the U.S.
>>
literally where?
>>
File: 41278941.jpg (223 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
41278941.jpg
223 KB, 1600x1200
>mfw winniniggers lose their hockey team AGAIN
>>
>>66029600
Derpy was created on 4chan
>>
>>66029621
Yeah but sales taxes are high, the roads, people, and social services are shit, and the weather sucks
>>
>>66029953
What's the redman like?
>>
I remember I was at a Devils game and all these Winnipegers were there. This was when the Thrashers were still a team. They were going to all the "small market" team games to protest to get the Jets back. I've hated Winnipeg ever since
>>
>>66029459
You think all Canadians sound like the stereotype? Those are the east coast fisherman you're think of. The big city Canadian has an accent similar to what you'd hear on American news broadcasts.

tl;dr - you don't know shit, pikey
>>
>>66031111
It's funny. Winnipeg has flown under the radar, but they are one of the worst fanbases out there. And this isn't recent either.

I'm usually against relocation, but I'd laugh if they wind up getting moved to Vegas or something.
>>
>>66031055
I'm from Toronto, so they are very rare around here, so rare that I don't think I've ever met one, and I'm close to 40. That being said, I used to be a debt collector, so I've spoken to them alot. Think blacks, but less intelligent, lazier, less violent, and much more prone to addiction.
>>
>>66030993
the weather is amazing compared to the frozen wastelands of cucknada. Social services are fine unless you are a nigger sponge who never intends to get off welfate
>>
>>66032030
>le racism xdddd
fuck off to rebbit kid u gotta be 18 to post here
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.