[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NUNCA ENCONTROU RIVAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9
File: SL_Benfica_logo.svg.png (242 KB, 1041x1024) Image search: [Google]
SL_Benfica_logo.svg.png
242 KB, 1041x1024
NUNCA ENCONTROU RIVAL
>>
Don't even care anymore. Good luck against Zenith.
>>
File: lindelof.png (265 KB, 359x360) Image search: [Google]
lindelof.png
265 KB, 359x360
>>
BAILANDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: otavioo.jpg (123 KB, 544x750) Image search: [Google]
otavioo.jpg
123 KB, 544x750
leave benfica to me
>>
>>65999514
>hoping guimarães does anything besides parking the bus
They will get destroyed
>>
File: Untitled.png (15 KB, 573x332) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
15 KB, 573x332
>>65999514

>leave being behind 2 points to yourself
>>
>>65999616
>>65999652
Leave benfica also to me
>>
File: rafasilva.jpg (58 KB, 800x351) Image search: [Google]
rafasilva.jpg
58 KB, 800x351
>>65999752
forgot pic
>>
>8 posts
>4 unique posters
When will Alberto Barbosa learn to take his friends talk to facebook?
>>
File: Untitled.png (86 KB, 576x709) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
86 KB, 576x709
>>65999769
You better watch out

>>65999906
Wanna be my friend?
>>
>>65999906
they're benfica fans, all they do is brag
>lose 5/6 games agains rivals
>literally disappear
>win 1-0 not knowing how and being dominated the entire game
>WE ARE KINGS AND SHIT
>>
>leave Benficuck to me
>>
File: hulk.jpg (98 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
hulk.jpg
98 KB, 800x600
>>66001291
>>
>ruiz

oh my god
>>
>>66001208

Sporting literally JUST choked the league at home
>>
>>66001208
Except we do have higher stadium attendance than you even when we got 4th place.
Stay mad cuck.
>>
>>66001208
Dude it's not the end of the world, it's still 3 wins out of 4 ;)
>>
>>66001208
Objectively wrong, Porto fanbase is mostly made up of children who only saw their club win. Benfica and Sporting both went through long periods without titles and managed to retain the loyalty of their fans. I sincerely doubt Porto would be able to do the same after 10+ years of failure.
>>
>>66003506
One of the biggest failures of Pinto da Costa is exactly that one.

They created a winning culture and not a club culture.

Even win 30 years of Porto on top, Benfica still is the stronger force on that aspect.
Sporting has the most loyal fans out of the big 3, I mean they got to deal with choke after choke but they are still loyal.
>>
>>66003639
Even with*
>>
>>66003735
Some people in the North think it's a huge conspiracy to keep Porto down but it's just economics.

Benfica has a larger fanbase so they cater to it. If Benfica is on the cover of a sports newspaper, they're going to sell more. It sucks but that's just how it is, no need to take offense.
>>
>>66003735
>Jogo
>not pandering to Porto every chance they get
kek
>>
>>66003735
>nor the fact that every media outlet of this shithole godforsaken 3rd world piece of shit land apart from o Jogo or JN lobbies for Benfica and Lisbon

True, it has more to do with Lisbon than with Benfica. This country focuses a lot of it's resources there.
>>
>>66004215
>Porto based companies shill for Porto based teams
>Lisbon based companies shill for Lisbon based teams

I don't see what's the problem, it's only natural.

>t. nortenho
>>
>>66004343
kek
The delusion, correlating a sports team with the government and media.
>>
>>66002291
you are literally a child
>>
>>66004454
Keep reading that article dear.
>>
>tfw Sporting finished in 3rd place and balance is restored in the Universe
>>
>>66004454
Fucking move to Lisbon if you're that upset.
>>
>>66004689
Keep reading it.
>>
>>66004144
>>66004454
I don't know what to tell you friend, I really don't. You choose to ignore easily verifiable data and that article tells me nothing other than confirming what I have already stated.

Politicians pander to football clubs because they can garner sympathy from their fans. If you think this never happened north of Lisbon you're either blind, simple minded, or deluded.
>>
>>66004784
You'll have to read that thing and then read about what happened in the years prior to understand why the government did what it did.

>protip: Vale e Azevedo
>>
>>66004751
Good, we need less miserable, whiny bitches like you in this country.
>>
>>66004431
nice argument adult.
>>
>>66004751
>not trying to fix the problem
>chooses to leave the country and avoid the problem

Get out.
>>
Este thread fede
>>
>>66005019
fede a azia kek

>muh governo ajuda o benfica
>muh governo só quer saber de lisboa
>muh illuminati
>muh eu não sou racista mas lisboa é só pretos e ciganos
>>
>>66004751
>>66004784
I don't understand your point. That kind of shit happens literally everywhere
>>
>>66005116
you dense motherfucker
MY FUCKING TAXES ARE THE REASON PEOPLE ARE ABLE TO HAVE FUCKING HOSPITALS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING MOUNTAINS UP IN THE NORTH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY
>>
>>66005116
m8 I'm from the north too and I think you're fucked in the head

Of course more money is spent on Lisbon, it's also where all the money is. It's the fucking capital, for fuck's sake

Not to mention Lisbon is a top-tier city and Porto is ugly, grey, old, decayed and smells like piss.
>>
>>66005319
Tripeiro pls go
>>
>this thread
My sides
Portuguese threads are cemedy geld
>>
ITT:
The government of a country spends its budget on the capital that surprisingly holds 30% of the country's population.
>>
>>66004994
>You have nothing of value to say
No it's you that has nothing to say. You sound like another frothing at the mouth dumbass who does nothing but spin conspiracy theories and propaganda.

>This country had until the 1980's regional investment patterns typical of underdeveloped African shitholes
So did every other region. You think was only due to the 'Lisbon lobby' you're too stupid to understand the historical context and the reasons. The money has always been concentrated here, go blame the kings that decided Lisbon should be the capital.

>The scale and magnitude of Lisbon and Benfica's lobby in every sector of public life
Listen to yourself, 'every sector of public life', and please contact a psychiatrist.

>Salazar-epoch promotion of Benfica
Ah yes, this old meme. Never dies, despite having been debunked for years but I guess you're not interested in the facts, takes time away from slander and propaganda.

>>66005116
>I will not see a single cent of my work-money taxed to benefit you
This is funny because Lisbon is the biggest contributor to the national GDP. I have no problems with my taxes funding your health care and social security.
>>
>>66005510
more people in place X = more necessity to spend money in place X = people see that place X has money and jobs = people move there for money = more people in place X

It is a vicious cycle my friend.
Stop trying to be an outcast and move to Lisbon. :)
>>
DUDE
TAX MONEY
LMAO
>>
>>66005733
>Ah yes, this old meme.
>Salazar did not personally invest every fibre of national character into benefiting Benfica

Sporting literally did the fascist salute during the games.
Sporting literally became irrelevant after the fall of the dictatorship. (4 titles since 1975 LMAO)
Benfica kept winning.
Benfica went to the majority of its European finals during democracy (Lost them all LMAOING EVEN MORE CHOKE ARTISTS DUDE CURSES LMAO)
Benfica has the color of the COMMUNIST PARTY.
Benfica had DEMOCRATIC ELECTIONS during the DICTATORSHIP.
>>
>>66005866
Dude I'm not saying you are wrong. But it is a vicious cycle. There is nothing wrong with investing a lot in Lisbon, the problem is that we choose to build bridges that are barely used today instead of focusing the money on the real issues of the city. The problem is not investing in Lisbon is where we are doing it.
Now they are even thinking about a NEW bridge (to be honest the Vasco da Gama bridge should have been built in Barreiro instead, and a NEW airport. WE DON'T NEED THIS SHIT. And they also want to REBUILD 2ª ciruclar. Meanwhile, schools are decaying, public transportation is always packed. Metro/Subway stations old as fuck.

We need to spend it on the right places.
>>
File: pinto.jpg (29 KB, 634x476) Image search: [Google]
pinto.jpg
29 KB, 634x476
>>65998121
If We win today vs Braga, we will be champions. You can cap this if you want.

I have been wainting for Sporting to come back to reality and now that they have, they are luck in they end this season in 3rd.

>>66003639
This we were in good position to create a Club Culture, but tbqh Benfica and Sporting also have a winning culture. When they were in the shit the stadiums were always empty. People only go to the stadium when they know that their team is going to win.

>>66005639
>more people in place X = more necessity to spend money in place X = people see that place X has money and jobs = people move there for money = more people in place X

kek
>>
>>66005841
Benfica also stopped referring to themselves as vermelhos to avoid being associated with communists.
>>
>>66006027
Obviously, otherwise they would have been prosecuted by the state.
>>
>>66006058
Where is Benfica in "Deus, Pátria, Senpaiília"?
>>
>>66006017
>When they were in the shit the stadiums were always empty

Can't agree, I'm lazy to go and get the data but I have seen it at Primeira Liga's website more than once: When Benfica got 4th place not even 10 years ago it had the 2nd biggest attendance in the league next to Porto. Not to say Benfica doesn't have bandwagners, of course it does. Just point this fact out.
>>
>>66005733
>breakdown the post
>nothing but insults

You wound me sir but you haven't really addressed any of the points. I'll give you another shot before going out.

>Salazar did not personally invest every fibre of national character into benefiting Benfica
He didn't. Actually he even tried to suppress it and there are various and well documented instances. I'll just give you two, Benfica's stadium was built with club and fan money, Porto's was funded by the Salazar government. During the dictatorship, Benfica's stadium was never used for any national competition or event, Porto's stadium hosted the Cup Final several times.

>From the Media to every sector of government Lisbon is not constantly benefited in detriment of other regions
For the media you're going to have to give a little more proof and as we're talking about something more than football, sports media won't do. As for the country, I never denied there was a disparity in investment, but it's obvious why it exists and it has nothing to do with hatred or contempt to the North.

>This totally makes it ok to continue this African-style trend.
I never said it was ok, I actually said it is how it is in one of my earlier posts.
>>
>>66006250
I see plenty of news about my district (Aveiro).
>>
ITT: 12 year olds

which in Portugal just corresponds to an average adult
>>
>>66006250
I bet these are the easiest (you)'s of your life...

Coimbra? and Aveiro? Highway that connects Lisbon to Porto.
Alentejo? Highway that connects Lisbon to Algarve.
>>
>>66006404
>having helped create a national religion based around it
There you go again. This is a losing argument friend, there's absolutely no evidence to support he did this but tell me exactly how did he help Benfica?
>>
>>66006452
There's literally at least one report about my district every other day.
>>
>shitpost about Benfica
>thread turns into a discussion about economics
This is very entertaining to be honest, keep it going lads.
>>
>>66006559
Não sou o gajo a que respondes-te mas isso apenas demonstra que ele USOU o Benfica para seu proveito. O único benefício que aí vejo é o Eusébio ter ficado no Benfica muitos mais anos ajudando o clube a crescer ainda mais.
>>
>>66006559
>o regime salazarista não perdeu tempo a associar-se e explorar as vitórias europeias do slb
Read it again and think on this for a while. Salazar started to see some political use in Benfica AFTER if became successful, it became important to him as a propaganda tool.
He didn't help build anything, just capitalized on its success.

Fun fact: Benfica, despite being champion in 1956, didn't participate in the European Cup. The government chose Sporting to represent Portugal.
>>
>>66006643
If you say so, why are you so buttblasted to see Porto not get shilled? At least it has more coverage than Aveiro, according to you :^)
>>
>>66006703
>1961
>só 5 pessoas em Portugal têm TV
>Salazar passa o jogo em diferido todos os dias e está a BENEFICIAR o Benfica

Olha a RTP Memória passa futebol todas as semanas, estão a beneficiar quem?
>>
>>66006815
>Benfica benefits from this tremendously.
Ok with that I have to agree. But people spout that meme as if Salazar himself hanged the referees for not giving penalty kicks to Eusébio.
>>
>>66006404
Real Madrid in Spain, Juventus in Italy, Olympiacos in Greece, Colo-Colo in Chile...I could go on. Portugal isn't unique in any of these problems, you're just an underaged retard who has no experience of the world outside.
>>
>>66007200
Not the guy you answered but that's not the same.

In Spain, people from Valencia support Valencia and people from Bilbao support Athletic, etc. Same for Italy.
I have no idea about Greece and Chile though.

Here in Portugal, if you go to Porto you will see as many Benfiquistas as Portistas.
>>
>>66007476

>Chile is 3rd world
clueless
>>
>>66007542
>good 3rd world means 1st world
when will this meme end
>>
>>66006133
>at least 3 times more fans
>bigger stadium
>not first in attendance
Yeah, fifica fans are great, just wait until they mass shread their cards
>>
>>66007649
>Implying people from Bragança can aford to go to Lisbon everyweek to watch a game

Fanbase size doesn't mean jack shit when they are all poor as fuck.
You have to limit the number to the people surrounding the stadium which still leaves us with a big number.

>Benfica hires Quique Flores
>Benfica get 4th place
>Benfica say they will wave Quique Flores at the end of the season
>Benfica fans still applaud the man

>Porto hires Lotopegui
>Get 2nd place
>Porto fans wnat his head on a plate
>>
>>66007649
>porto loses a game
>fans insult the team and throw rocks at the team bus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecid2txU9mA&spfreload=10

horrible plastic fanbase
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.