[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What more does he have to do to get into the plane to France?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
What more does he have to do to get into the plane to France?
>>
stay hydrated
>>
A white flag? Who is this?
>>
>wilshere will literally be on the plane in a stretcher over drinky
>>
sign a sponsorship deal with Evian
>>
>>65977591
Danny Drinkwater, ie the best English midfielder in the Premiership
>>
>>65977522
>What more does he have to do to get into the plane to France?
>be 21 years old
>be pacy
>be black
>play for United/Arsenal
that should do the trick
>>
>>65977818
top kek
>>
>>65977818
Rashford confirmed in the England squad
>>
File: thumbhuy.gif (1 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
thumbhuy.gif
1 MB, 400x300
>>65977575
>>
>one decent season
HE'S THE BEST MIDFIELDER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
It's coming home with Drinky, Dier, and Alli desu
>>
>>65977522
Maybe vardy gets to bring some friends
>>
>>65978105
nobody plays for an eternity, but you should bring the best players in 2016 to a tournament in 2016
>>
>>65978261
It's more than just picking in-form players though and you should know this. How often were Klose and Podolski picked by Loew despite them being poor at club level, yet for Germany were top class?

Hodgson will be looking at a settled team that has worked together over the years and through the quali campaign rather than taking risks by inserting fresh faces into that off the back of a solitary decent season.
>>
>>65978358
The big difference is here is that Germany has produced results.

Why should you pick the same old crop when that same old crop spectacularly crashed out of the world cup?
>>
>>65977895
There are legitimate news articles saying this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35722783
>>
>>65977522
1. Have a normal name
2. Not be a system babby
>>
>>65978516
okay cletus
>>
>>65978419
But it's not "the same old crop" at all. It's the crop that broke records in the qualifying campaign by winning every game despite some claiming we'd struggle.
>>
>>65978539
t. flag that is ever more mediocre at soccer than us
>>
>>65978485
So they're just reporting Hodgson's comments then?
>>
>>65978564
I'm from Leicester, holiday's do exist senpai
>>
>>65978595
So am I
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicester,_Vermont
>>
File: payet[1].jpg (46 KB, 680x382) Image search: [Google]
payet[1].jpg
46 KB, 680x382
>>65977522
ask that guy
>>
>>65978543
> broke records in the qualifying campaign
stopped reading right there
>>
>>65978543
The world cup qualifying campaign was very good as well and look how that turned out.
>>
>>65978543
>broke records in the qualifying campaign
yes, >we managed to beat the mighty Slovenia, Estonia, Lithuania, and San Marino
>>
>>65978253
You don't get to bring friends.
>>
>>65978701
Okay, record equalling.

>>65978758
So what's your point, Mehmet? Pick fucking meme players who have a solitary decent season in their entire careers cos all the players that do well for England in the qualis don't play so well in the finals? Unnecessarily unsettle an established team with players who have no international experience and have not been in that set-up?

You're the same sort of 'tard that was calling for Ciro Immobile to be in the Italian first XI.

>>65978813
We can only beat what is put in front of us, so what's your point, and what are you adding to this discussion, Ahmed?
>>
>>65978949
>We can only beat what is put in front of us, so what's your point, and what are you adding to this discussion, Ahmed?
We won 9 out of 10 games in 2010 qualifiers in a much tougher group and look where that got us
>>
>>65978813
slovenia has some good players tbf
handanovic, oblak, cesar, ilicic, kampl
>>
>>65979026
Again, what's your point and does this add to the discussion?
>>
>>65978949
Yes, pick meme players. Do something. When a system isn't working you don't just keep everything the same and hope things magically improve.
Bring less proven players, take a risk and who knows what might happen. Can't be worse than usual tournament England.
>>
>>65979066
But the system is working as Spain is the only defeat we've suffered since the World Cup.

Hodgson has done something.
>>
>>65979057
That qualifying form doesn't translate into tournament results
>>
>>65979352
No one was saying it did. You're contributions are Robbie Savage-esque; obvious, pointless and utterly irrelevant.
>>
>>65978949
That you're a retarded fucking delusional bong who thinks beating minnows and remaining undefeated in that joke group means any progress.
>>
>>65979602
>yanks
>knowing anything about football

Stick to fucking niggerhoop, you clueless cunt. You clearly don't follow England.
>>
>>65978261
england picked random form players last time they were in a tournament and bombed

drinkwater's only been decent for a short time and only within a specific system and even then he's not been really that good
>>
>>65978758
Yeah they changed the team for the world cup and picked hype players like drinkwater is now
>>
>>65979675
Of course I dont. Why would I follow eternal mediocrity/1 (one) point/Land of the mosques a.k.a England?
>>
It baffles me what people think someone like Drinkwater would actually do for England, like he's somehow the missing piece we need to move onto the next stage.
>>
>>65979759
Then fuck off back to your niggerhoop threads, Ty'Rone.
>>
>>65979780
the missing link has been a holding midfielder

if only huddlestone was picked we'd have won everything!
>>
>>65979780
it's all about picking winners
look at germany, bayern + the flavour of the year = success
>>
>>65979808
No. I want to laugh at you, Ahmet
>>
>>65979780
He's clearly better than Milner or Henderson. So it's at least an improvement over shit players who are only good because they run a lot and can pass the ball sideways well.

I wouldn't take drinkwater over a fit wilshere(literally always performs for england and BTFO's spurs fans), alli or dier, but I would take him over milner, barklel, hendo or fucking cleverly.
>>
>>65979703
>even then he's not been really that good

yikes

people actually think this
>>
>>65979884
Germany who played a team where all the players had pretty much been part of the international setup for years, most of whom had tournament experience behind them?
>>
Will definitely be interesting to see Hogdson picks. I'd go with:

>GK
Hart, Butland, Forster
>DF
Rose, Baines, Walker, Clyne, Cahill, Smalling, Stones, Shawcross
>MF
>Alli, Dier, Wilshere, Drinkwater, Barkley, Carrick, Sterling, Walcott
>FW
Kane, Vardy, Rooney, Welbeck
>>
>>65979890
Henderson is terrible. Dire state of affairs when he has been a regular in the England team (when he is fit)
>>
>>65980000
none of them would have been part of the setup for years if they hadn't had success to back them up
except podolski ofc
>>
>>65980122
But the fact is, they were part of the setup and had been for a long time. It wasn't a case of just throwing a load of meme literal whos together for the WC2014. The team that was successful in Brazil had been together for years and years.
>>
>>65977818
You forgot Liverpool there la
>>
>>65980006
Swap Walcott for Albrighton.

On of the most overrrated players in PL history. He wouldn't look good in the championship.
>>
>>65980501
Albrighton creates too many chances
>>
>>65979486
how fucking dumb are you? you literally said that we should not call Drinkwater because the current team did so well and "broke records" in qualifiers
>>
>>65979486
what a mongo
>>
>>65980979
No, you fucking dense cunt. I was refuting the Kraut's assertion that we're picking the same "old crop" that flopped in Brazil. We aren't and the current crop is winning matches, which is what is expected.

So, no I didn't "literally" say we should not call Drinkwater because of the form in the qualifiers at all. Either follow the conversation, that had nothing to do with you in the first place, or fucking hari-kari, you semi-literate Downs fool.
>>
>>65981201
But the response was that the 'old crop that flopped in Brazil' were winning matches in the World Cup qualifiers against better opposition, and you responded saying that pointing that out adds nothing to discussion when that's all the current crop have done as well.
>>
>>65979051
kampl is ded
>>
>>65981282
I was responding to the ignorant Kraut's nonsense.
>>
>>65980501
Walcott's problem is that he suffers too many injuries. He'd turned a corner in 12/13 add started to look something like the quality forward we were promised.

Then he got injured again, came back and got injured again.
>>
File: tumbling tumbling down.webm (118 KB, 498x334) Image search: [Google]
tumbling tumbling down.webm
118 KB, 498x334
>>65981408
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.