[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The next two World Cups are in Russia and Qatar The next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 11
File: file.png (933 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
file.png
933 KB, 960x540
>The next two World Cups are in Russia and Qatar

The next two World Cups will be properly terrible. They are in bonafide shitholes. Not tourist friendly shitholes like South Africa or Brazil, just genuine, miserable shitholes.

Since Blatter, Platini etc are BTFO, why hasn't this shit been overturned now that everyone knows the entire process was rigged?

Give it to literally anyone other than those crapstains. USA, England, the Faroe fucking Islands... literally anyone

I wonder what they'll come up with for 2026. Best Korea?
>>
Blatter just a patsy. The people lined up to profit still remain, only the boogeyman has been ousted.
>>
World Cup in Serbia/Croatia/Montenegro/Kosovo etc would be pretty cool
>>
>>65959792
that's how it works here, but i really feel like blatter was the main asshole
>>
>WC in Russia
>CA in the USA
Why are these memes allowed? Who the fuck thinks 4000 km trips are a good idea

2030 WC Argentina-Uruguay will be GOAT by the way
>>
>>65959792

This. The guy who has just taken over and promised to change the whole thing was formerly the head of UEFA which has just as much shady, blatantly corrupt issues as FIFA does.

And even if he was a decent guy, which he definitely isn't, there's nothing he can do to stop the World Cup now. They've already spent millions and started building the stadiums.
>>
Who gives a shit if you're not personally attending?
>>
>>65959847
>Qatar WC will be in Janaury
That's objectively bad
>>
>>65959847

that's the thing, I want to attend them, but I don't want to go to those countries (been to Russia, will never go back).

I'n only now at the age where I have the money to travel for these things. I am SEEEEEEEETHING that I will be into my 30's by the time there is possibly a decent World Cup I can go to.

That is, if they don't fuck 2026 up as well
>>
USA would be an amazing place for it.. think of the size of the stadiums and how much of a budget it would get
>>
Russia is objectively less bad than both Brazil and South Africa. Perfectly safe for tourists, hot girls, lots to see in between matches. Was it rigged? Yes, so was Germany 2006 but that turned out okay.
>>
Russia might be alright tßh. Qatar will be utter garbage, much worse than 2002 even.
>>
>>65959859
Why? A winter world cup sounds comfy to me.
>>
But that's good. These countries are top memers.
>>
>>65959890

>t. never been to Russia

literally hell on earth. Admittedly I only stayed in Moscow, but Im sure the rest is shit as well.
>>
>>65959907
>Qatar
>winter
lol

Also, all Asian/Australian competitions are shit beacuse of the timezones
>>
>>65959921

Dont think theres a single good place in Asia for a soccer world cup anyway

Japan I guess but they had one barely over a decade ago.

Does China have the infrastructure?
>>
>>65959921
I was obviously talking about winter in my country, and Qatar is only 2 hours ahead of CET, 3 ahead of GMT.

Move to a better continent.
>>
>>65959950
But China is also a long ass country, it's never good for players to travel 10 000 kms in a month

I'd go for Turkey if I had to host it in Asia
>>
>>65959915
actually i have and it was my best vacation ever. Sure there are problems, most Russians dont speak English for instance. But Russia in an amazing country and their stadiums are great too
>>
Russia is lovely though. Maybe you should take your tongue out of the western medias crusty arsehole. Believe it or not they have an agenda!
>>
>>65959975
>it's never good for players to travel 10 000 kms in a month

kek I dont get this meme

they aren't walking 5,000 km, they catch a 2-3 hour plane flight every now and then

wow its literally nothing
>>
>>65959994
>Russia is lovely though
Nice1 m8
.can't believe you trust their lies. Russia is a shithole.
>>
>>65960008
I've been there, multiple times, it is lovely. The OP is judging it off one city, England is a shithole that needs to be nuked if we judge it off London.
You're the one here believing media when you've never even been there.
>>
>>65959719

Because the other candidatures, especially USA, were also just as rigged and corrupt as the others but failed because there can only be one supreme corrupt candidate winner.
>>
>>65959719

>Hating on based Putin

He's the only world leader who wants to remove kebab and degeneracy
>>
>>65960082
Spain has understood how it works.

I can't believe the delusional people here who think USA Germany or Englel are saints.
>>
St Petersburg is the most beautiful European city

fite me
>>
>>65960142

>European
>>
>>65959823
What about aus, ausbro? We had a legit campaign going for 2022
>>
>>65960142
Not even top10 in the baltics
>>
File: 1447712018001.jpg (103 KB, 409x540) Image search: [Google]
1447712018001.jpg
103 KB, 409x540
>>65960110

Time to stop posting Ivan.
>>
we can do it again
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1051x664) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1051x664
>>65960170

Few problems with >us

1) Shit time zone (tho this applies to Japan etc aswell) for Euros/BSA's

2) Most of our best stadiums are AFL/cricket ovals and not suitable for soccer. Pic related

How many stadiums do you need for a World Cup. Off the top of my head our rectangular grounds are:

>Stadium Aus (80k)
>Lang Park (52k)
>Football Stadium (45k)
>Newy (35k)
>Melbourne rectangular (30k)

Probably not enough. I guess they could use the MCG or Adelaide Oval for a game or two but it would be shit
>>
File: riomos.png (75 KB, 1085x715) Image search: [Google]
riomos.png
75 KB, 1085x715
>>65959915
how da fuck is brazil better? i guess they must've built nice potemkin villages for tourists...

>SAFETY WALKING ALONE IN DAYLIGHT
>LOW
>>
>>65960226
>that abortion rate
lmao
>>
The Qatar one is pure cancer.

That image of that fat, ugly, filthy sandshit cunt standing up and clapping after they won as if he was genuinely surprised.

Get the fuck away from our game.
>>
File: europe abortion.gif (238 KB, 1900x1500) Image search: [Google]
europe abortion.gif
238 KB, 1900x1500
>>65960276
>>
>>65960299

no wonder they have a declining population
>>
>>65960252
SFS 45k
Lang Park 52k
Stadium Australia 82k
Hunter Stadium 33k
Melbourne Rect 30k
Canberra Stadium 25k
Gold Coast 27k
Wollongong 24k

And that new one they're building in Parramatta

A few could do with extensions but there's enough capacity
>>
They should just give us both. We are literally the best hosts when it comes to WCs
>>
File: mexicotrinidad.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
mexicotrinidad.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>65960348
>>
>>65959719
Hey, it's true that we are the niggers of Europe and the government is corrupt as fuck, but there's a lot to see for tourists here.
>>
>>65960334
yep you already have more ready ones than we do lmao...
>>
>>65960253
peter, u forgot your proxy
>>
>>65959897
Got no issue with Russia being host. No worse than South Africa and Brazil which were both decent to visit.

Qatar on the other hand... garbage at the sport, terrible climate, nothing to do while there, no sightseeing, ridiculous alcohol laws, slave labour...
Outside of the 90 minutes spent watching the game in miserable stroke-inducing heat, there's no fun to be found. No party atmosphere. No soul.
>>
>>65960299

>Oslo
>>
>>65960453
i hope we dont qualify for qatar wc cuz 40 year old akinfeev will just die of heat stroke at his first match there
>>
>tfw worst timezone means no WC any time soon
>>
>>65959719
>Since Blatter, Platini etc are BTFO

Friendly reminder that Blatter didn't even want the world cup in Qatar and that if not for Platini it would have been in America and everything would have continued as before.
>>
>>65960490
>implying it's a bad thing
I'll go buy some champagne to celebrate after that.
>>
One positive argument I've heard for the winter world cup thing is that we're often forced to have a world cup where players are burned out and not at their best after a long and hard club season. The small travel distances in Qatar combined with only having played half a season might well give us the best quality World Cup we've ever seen.
>>
>>65959859
Isn't january a summer month in argentina?
>>
>>65960583
>>65959859

It will be too cold for him. A nigger like him needs a warm climate.
>>
>>65960771
>argentine summer
>too cold
wat
>>
>>65960253
Literally none speaks english in Moscow, nor do you have any signalization in english, not even in the fucking metro or even in the most touristic places, not to mention the city is ugly as fuck. Considering it's the capital, I can only imagine how shitty the rest of the country must be. St.Petersburg is a little better, but still shit.

Comparing these crime rate statistics is irrelevant, because during big events like the WC every country, no matter how safe or dangerous, will multiply safety measures by 1000x keeping security issues to a minimum.

If anything, Brazil was a perfect country since it was very unlikely that we would get shit like terrorist attacks during the WC, as opposed to Russia where an attack during the WC would be a perfect stage.
>>
>>65960855
40°C in the North and 0°C in the South

Argentina is a large country
>>
>>65960299
The fuck is going on in Lithuania?
>>
>Qatar
>a shithole
>>
>>65959950
>Does China have the infrastructure?
No, but that didn't stop them when hosting the Olympics.
They could easily host the WC, have all their stadiums built in the Beijing area (with the fanciest in Beijing itself), have some arround Shanghai and Guangzhou. Maybe re-use some of what they built for the Olympics too.
Then have all the teams fly from one stadium to the other to the detriment of regular public transportation but who cares? Protesters will either shut up or go on vacation for a very long time to a surprise destination.
>>
Tbh I'm quite excited for the WC in Russia since there will be WC games only few hundred kilometers away from me in St.Petersburg. Probably will go see few too.
>>
russia is not that strange choice
but qatar...
fuckin damn
>>
>>65965335
You don't get it, it's the *new land of football* where people can play when it's 40°c outside and the air is completely dry.
Also, could this WC mark the return of Russia and other slavic countries into football? Are they going to be good again? Are they going to help throw latin shits into the trash where they belong?
>>
>Union Jacks
>only flag you see consistently defending qatar world cup

I think we can connect the dots lads...
>>
>>65960299
>that based Moldova
JUST how?
>>
Russia is way better than Brazil and South Africa. And unlike Qatar, they have decent football history and qualify regularly to World Cups and Euros.
>>
>>65960299
Abortion is illegal in Ireland so there is an awful lot of dangerous criminals on the loose. Its still the greenest country in Europe.
>>
>>65960252
You are complaining about stadiums while suggesting Ex-yu (and even fucking Kosovo) in the previous post.

Have you seen the shit most of ex-yu stadiums are now days? No roof on most of them, most are fucking ovals too as they're also athletic stadiums with tracks, most are 60+ years old, etc.

And since there's no big central government like in commie Yugoslavia shit's never going to get improved/built like it was for the olympics. Never mind getting them to agree and work together when even a simple football match between them causes headaches.
>>
>>65959719

>South Africa and Brazil tourist friendly

ahahaha they both hellholes with mass rape and murder AGAINST white tourists

as white i would prefer Russia on every fucking Day m8
>>
Only thing Russia needs to worry about is racism, especially towards black players. Other than that, they will be fine host.
>>
>>65960380
everytime
>>
>Russia is bad
Not even a Putin shill or whatsoever, but you lad probably had a bad experience because of the bad weather, bad infrastructure (however Moscow has a very good metro system) and overly being non-tourist friendly (duh, what do you expect out of a huge-ass country that suffers economically and isn't exactly a tourist attraction and has never been, this is not Spain or Italy or Greece)

Probably some Russians made a couple of cheeky jokes on (You) and you couldn't handle it or people were just being overly cold, which is very typical for Eastern and Northern Europe

Also complaining about them not speaking English, that's just dumb. Cold War, WW2 and all that Russian pride was a thing, you know

I will go on cheeky trip to Russia during WC for sure, that's WAY better than favelaniggers and literal vuvuzela niggers
>>
I would feel way safer in Russia than in Brazil, and this is even after a bus I rode in Russia was bombed before the Sochi olympics
>>
File: brazilwc.webm (2 MB, 632x352) Image search: [Google]
brazilwc.webm
2 MB, 632x352
B-But WC went fine... ;_:
>>
Yeah, can you take it back please?
>>
>>65959975
Turkey belongs to the european confederation
>>
>why hasn't this shit been overturned now that everyone knows the entire process was rigged?
Because there wasn't a single world cup that wasn't bought.
>>
>>65964922
this
its very safe too, hardly any crime
>>
File: 14289734187630.png (453 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
14289734187630.png
453 KB, 803x688
>>65959719
>Russia
>bad
>>
>>65966863
m8
the family of an argie sports journalist was murdered in a robbery
your WC was the worst in history
>>
>>65972834
>argie "journalist"

Nothing of value was lost
>>
>>65972868
the fact that someone went there during the world cup for something related to it and was murdered still tells you how much of a massive shithole hueland is
>>
Im a black guy and I been to Saint Petersburg a few years back. I did run into a few racist but they were just young men. Besides that I didn't have any troubles. I have to say it was a nice city. Much better then Moscow, I did enjoy seeing a lot of the imperial palaces. I would never go to the middle east though.
>>
Honestly, Big Strong Americans should've gotten it.

>huge stadiums
>GOAT stadium food
>Sport is on the rise so a WC would help sawker's standing in the US
>amazing cities to visit around the stadiums
>>
>>65959823
It's like you literally want another war...
>>
>>65959719

>russia
>shithole

Better than Ausfailia
>>
File: 1453945539889.jpg (253 KB, 1080x1283) Image search: [Google]
1453945539889.jpg
253 KB, 1080x1283
>tfw I'll be going to Russia and probably Qatar as well and enjoy myself while autists on here start complaining
>>
Test
>>
>>65959719
I agree. FIFA needs to select a new host country for both 2018 and 2022. It's ridiculous that Qatar is hosting in 2022, when it's impossible for the players to play because it's too hot (50 degrees C=122 degrees F). It's not too late to move the 2022 World Cup somewhere else.
>>
File: likeakickinthenuts.jpg (8 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
likeakickinthenuts.jpg
8 KB, 226x223
>massive death tolls in Qatar
>Russia pushing illegal laws
>Qatar refusing to sell alcohol
>Russia banning gay athletes
>massive world cup boycotts occur
>sponsors mcdonalds, sony, apple abandon world cup
>panic sets in for FIFA
>USA steps in
>ready to host a world soccer tournament in a month
>Rose Bowl, Jerry World, Metlife Stadium, Michigan Stadium ready
>soccer powerhouses boycott World Cup and play in USA's tournament instead
>Qatar and Russia headlined by Peru, Ghana and North Korea
>tournament is the most profitable tournament since stadiums set
>USA forms new soccer organization
>United
>Soccer
>Association
>chants of USA USA USA spam /sp/
>mfw
>>
>>65973111
But you will get mugged by blacks.
>>
occasional reminder that Russia rigged it to beat the iberian candidature and england who came in third, while both had the stadiums built or almost built

occasional reminder than 2010 and 2014 were hosted in third world, and 2026 and 2030 are probably being host in USA and argentina avoiding a first world country to host the wc from 2006 to at least 2034, 28 fucking years
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 632x479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 632x479
Mfw Qatar makes it to the semi finals by rigging the World Cup harder than South Korea did
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.