[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would Durant to the Warriors actually make them a better team?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4
File: durant warriors.jpg (51 KB, 580x580) Image search: [Google]
durant warriors.jpg
51 KB, 580x580
I don't see how Durant would actually add anything to the Warriors?
>>
>>65956776
To go to them he would have to take a pay cut. If he is willing to take a pay cut, he's probably willing to play into their system. He's much more skilled than Harrison Barnes, so it would only be fair.
>>
>>65956776
If he played the role barnes is playing for them ofcourse theyd be better, but you know hed want the ball way more than barnes gets it, so could mess up their chemistry a bit
>>
>>65956796
But everyone is gonna have to take a paycut. Not to mention that Ezeli will want to get paid.

Not to mention Durant doesn't play defense
>>
Also if Durant goes to GS, would it be Durant's team or Curry's team?

I feel like it should be Durant's team. He's been better longer
>>
>>65956919
Why would it be Durant's team if Curry won one (and maybe 2 by June) championships with the Warriors?
>>
>>65956776

He'd bring over the based god's curse an turn them into chokers.
>>
>>65956919
>I feel like it should be Durant's team. He's been better longer

nigger please, Curry lead his team to a ring.
>>
>>65956776

He wouldn't add anything they need. The Warriors have the perfect team, why on earth would you risk ruining that by adding Durant?
>>
>>65957092
Durant is more of a franchise player and more durable than Curry is.

Why wouldn't Durant be the franchise player? He'd be like Shaq going to the Lakers.
>>
>>65956776
>Durant will take a paycut so he can be the second option on a team that doesn't need him
>A team that may literally be the best team of all time is going to risk upsetting their perfect balance by adding another superstar and pushing one of their starters to the bench

Which genius started pushing this rumor?
>>
>>65957133
>He'd be like Shaq going to the Lakers.
Except when Shaq was going to the Lakers he was much better than Durant ever was and the team was 1st round fodder rather than a championship team that has a chance to beat the Bulls record.

Shaq was their franchise player because he achieved more than that Lakers team. Durant has achieved nothing compared to those Warriors
>>
>>65957116
Someone is going to pay Barnes $20 million/year. Durant would be $25 million/year

Why not get Durant for $5 million more?
>>
File: guaranteed replies.png (86 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
guaranteed replies.png
86 KB, 1024x1024
>>65957133
>>
>>65957230
Who would you rather have the face of your franchise?

>>65957192
Durant made the finals before the Warriors did
Durant has more playoff experience than every Warriors player
>>
>>65957259
The player who has won the MVP and the championship with the team, not the one who has been lately eclipsed by Russell Westbrook.
>>
lil b won't allow it to happen
>>
>>65957259
>Durant made the finals before the Warriors did
Why does that matter who made the finals before whom? What matters is that the Warriors won a championship without Durant and might end up as the best regular season team of all time without Durant.

Meanwhile Durant did not win a championship without the Warriors and got spanked by Lebron, the Spurs and the Grizzlies
>>
>>65957259
>Who would you rather have the face of your franchise?
The guy with the championship, not the beta who gets cucked in the playoffs every single year and who lebron makes his bitch every time they meet
>>
You have two options

Keep the team as it is and barring injury or unforeseen regression the team continues to compete for titles and set records

With acquiring Durant the team potentially gets a smidgen better... or it gets much worse with Durant wanting the ball, taking wild shots, ruining team chemistry....

The potential reward is not worth the risk.
>>
>>65957195

Because you don't need to rework your system to accommodate Barnes. Barnes won't expect to be the first option, or even the second. He won't iso over and over again, and he won't potentially upset the team's chemistry.
>>
Not enough shots to go around
>>
>>65957074
based god said the curse will be lifted if he goes to the bay or back home to dc
>>
>>65957259
>Who would you rather have the face of your franchise?

Are you serious? Curry is possibly the most charismatic player in the league right now. He's almost at Lebron levels of popularity already.
>>
>>65957340
>With acquiring Durant the team potentially gets a smidgen better... or it gets much worse with Durant wanting the ball, taking wild shots, ruining team chemistry....
>The potential reward is not worth the risk.

Finally, some sanity.
>>
>>65957373
Exactly, you have all the video game nerds salivating over 82-0 and winning by 50 nightly. What GS is doing currently may not be replicated for decades.
>>
>>65957341
So Barnes is worth $20 million?
>>
>>65957434
Keeping the team that will break the Bulls win record is worth $20m
>>
>>65957285
Durant has an MVP and isn't as injury prone as Curry

>>65957302
Durant has only missed the playoffs 3 times in his career. Curry has only made the playoffs 3 times in his career

>>65957323
Durant is more of an all-around player than Curry

>>65957454
Isn't the objective of sports to get better? staying pat might be bad
>>
>>65957470
>Durant isn't as injury prone as Curry

Sir, have you taken any time to follow a little bit the last year and a half of NBA basketball?
>>
>>65957192
The Lakers won 53 games the year before Shaq got there. What are you talking about?
>>
>>65957470
Durant has been in the league two more seasons than Curry, 6 seasons vs 8. Curry has made it to the playoffs 3 times vs Durant 5. They are pretty even in that regard seeing as how barring some massive shakeup GS won't be missing the playoffs for a while.
>>
>>65957470
>Durant has only missed the playoffs 3 times in his career. Curry has only made the playoffs 3 times in his career
Durant has no chips, Curry has a chip. Curry is the more accomplished player and there's no argument about that. Curry will also be a 2 time consecutive MVP by the summer

>>65957470
>Durant is more of an all-around player than Curry
What exactly is he better at? Curry scores more, Curry shoots better from every area of the court, Curry is a better passer and neither is a defensive force. Durant is a better rebounder and that's it

>Isn't the objective of sports to get better? staying pat might be bad
The objective of sports is to be the best. The Warrriors are the best right now and the potential reward of getting slightly better with Durant isn't worth the risk of upsetting the team's balance

Also Durant missed more games in his career than Curry.

>>65957526
And got bounced in the first round. How does that compare to the current Warriors?
>>
>>65957579
Durant has better defensive metrics than Curry and is better at pick and rolls and interior scoring than Curry
>>
How is Durant going to the Warriors different than Iguodala signing with them?
>>
Durant is going to Boston anyway so this is all moot.
>>
>>65957796
because Iggy doesn't give a shit if he averages 8 PPG
>>
>>65957994
This.

Durant doesn't seem like the person who would play like a team. The media and the public have given him all these expectations and praise, that he obviously wants to follow up on. He won't settle for just 8 points.

Fuck Kevin Durant.
>>
Warriors should get Kobe
>>
>>65956919
>I feel like it should be Durant's team
> 0 rings to Curry's 1, soon to be 2

fat fucking chance lmfao
>>
>>65958078
Durant has been better for longer and is a transformative force
>>
>>65958191
>Durant has been better
Curry right now is better than Durant ever has
>>
Daily reminder that the only reason Durant got Mvp was due to Lebron fatigue.
>>
>>65958265
Durant was the leading scorer and led PER in his MVP year tho
>>
>>65956776

MORE THREES
O
R
E

T
H
R
E
E
S
>>
>>65958074

this
>>
>>65957373

Why they fuck did you greentext the whole post? It wasn't even necessary. Could have just written your reply. Retard
>>
File: 1425373566446.jpg (137 KB, 910x713) Image search: [Google]
1425373566446.jpg
137 KB, 910x713
I hope he doesn't cause he'll ruin the thing the warriors have going on.

also

>superstar in his prime
>going to the best team in the league cause mah championship
>not wanting to work for it on his own

were did they go wrong /sp/, is it Lelbrons fault?
>>
>>65956919
This can't be a real question, can it?
>>
>>65956796
Cap is going up over the next two years. Curry is under contract cheap for like 11 mil. Really all there have to do is trade away an aging overpayed Bogut.
>>
Yeah, I'm sure bringing a player cursed by based god is a good idea
>>
Durant going to the warriors would be stupid and pointless

Why fix something that isn't broken?

The warriors chemistry is perfect and they play unselfishly. Durant would possibly fuck that up
>>
>>65971989
As a Dubs fan, I'd hope they would be smart enough to lock him in a gym with the Based God, so the game of 21 can be done with.
>>
>>65976240
>Warriors fan
>in Germany

yeah I bet you've followed them since the Run TMC days

get the fuck out of here nigga
>>
>>65976306
Fuck off, homeboy. I'm more loyal than you who doesn't know shit about his team but follows them anyway because >muh hometown and gay pride
>>
File: 1455941345906.png (107 KB, 335x375) Image search: [Google]
1455941345906.png
107 KB, 335x375
>>65957922
>>
>>65958265
No, D Rose won his MVP because of that.
>>
>>65957092

>NBA casuals that just started watching basketball last year actually believe this

Draymond had to guard the biggest threat(s), Lebron, and Iguodala was the most consistent player in the finals. Steph was completely invisible for 2.5 games.
>>
>>65956776
No, I hope this never happens. I don't want to see the Slim Reaper play for the Warriors.
>>
the Warriors should get a quality big man instead.
>>
>>65957116
>the perfect team
and perfection is fleeting, the franchise is trying to constantly improve, which is why they are planning on going hard after KD in free agency
>>
>>65957137
he won't need to take a paycut, almost every team in the league can offer him a max contract this summer
>>
>>65957340
>>65957373
not attempting to improve will make the warriors stagnate and they know it.
>>
complete casual here

I truly don't understand how there isn't an uproar how this would be completely unfair ... remember how there was complaining about how james harden was and westbrook and durant were too much for one team?
>>
>>65957579
>upsetting the team's balance
that's not a thing that front offices worry about, their job is to make the team better, and they will go after Durant, because their current success is untenable
>>
>>65989582
the league will attempt to lower the cap in the next cba but for now there's nothing to be done.
>>
>>65989262
Why would Durant take a paycut to be a Warrior? Sounds idiotic to me.
>>
>>65957470
Curry's having the best 30+ ppg season efficiency wise ever. That alone is better than anything Durant can do.
>>
>>65957350
I'd say he's surpassed it.
>>
>>65993346
How has Curry surpassed LeBron in popularity?

Curry has only been popular for 2 years while LeBron has been the NBA's #1 athlete since 2004
>>
>>65994493
curry is more popular, lebron is more famous
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.