[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me /sp/, what was the first sporting fixture you attended?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8
File: 5222679971_6f3d4060ef_z.jpg (186 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
5222679971_6f3d4060ef_z.jpg
186 KB, 640x480
Tell me /sp/, what was the first sporting fixture you attended?
>>
Borussia Mönchengladbach - Hansa Rostock
>>
Botafogo 2 x 0 Fortaleza 2005

you now remember Caio Ribeiro
>>
first one that I can remember was some divegrass game at the Sydney 2000 Olympics between Germany and Norway I think
>>
Zaragoza - Osasuna
>>
Marocco u21 - Chile u21 at the 2005 world cup. The same tournament that Messi dominated and officially marked him as a future superstar.
>>
My dad took me to Djurgårdens IF - IFK Göteborg in 1996. Djurgården was relegated that year, it was a rough first season as a supporter.
>>
1998 running of the boongs
>>
>>65871930
Pic related actually

QPR 1 - 1 Man Utd

Jew'd by a fergie-time goal from Giggs, hated poounited ever since
>>
>>65871930
Sweden-Hungary, don't remember if it was a friendly or some sort of qualifier.
>>
>>65872146

No other club has ever done that to QPR ever?
>>
MLS cup final, Rev vs Galaxy.

Went to see hometown hero Dempsey play, but we lost in extra time.

Hated bald keepers ever since.
>>
File: 1209638808.jpg (143 KB, 620x438) Image search: [Google]
1209638808.jpg
143 KB, 620x438
Sunderland 0-0 Bradford City, 1998

Only home 0-0 of the season in a season >we were promoted with 105 points. It was my birthday so I had my name in the match programme.
>>
Probably a Red Wings game when I was too young to know what was happening.
>>
First I properly remember was norwich city vs grimsby at the beginning of the 02-03 season. Went to some random rushden diamonds and dundee united games before that.
>>
>>65871930
I think it was a AA baseball game.
>>
>>65872428
>Norwich/Grimsby
>Rushden
>Dundee
Who is this person?
>>
Trenton Thunder 1996

If you count horse racing than that
>>
Derby 1-0 Blackburn in 1999

Think Derby won the first 4 or 5 games I went to see. I was like a lucky charm for a while
>>
File: Zuiderpark.jpg (401 KB, 900x587) Image search: [Google]
Zuiderpark.jpg
401 KB, 900x587
ADO Den Haag - SC Heerenveen (2-3) in 2005.

None of you probably know about ADO though because it's just some lower table club in the Dutch Eredivisie but I'll never forget that day for the rest of my life. We lost but I still remember the shivers I got as we slowly walked towards the stadium while other groups of people joined us and I could hear chants echoing in the background as I slowly saw the floodlights of the stadium emerging in front of me.

I was 9 years old at the time and the atmosphere was absolutely amazing, people roaring for 90 minutes long, 2 years later that stadium got demolished and a new stadium with the appearance of a tin can was built, just outside the city in an attempt to modernize and stabilize the club. But the atmosphere's never truly been the same and I feel like the club's lost a bit of its' character. All I am left with now is childhood memories and a heart that bleeds green and yellow.

/nostalgic rant
>>
i dont remember desu
>>
My father and uncle took me to a Reds vs Indians game
>>
Feyenoord - some team in 1995, can't remember which, I was only 5

The first one I can actually remember clearly was Feyenoord - FC Utrecht in 2000, which is when I got Ulrich van Gobbel's signature on my ticket.
>>
Bayern v. Werder Bremen in 2004. I'm a German living in America.
>>
Wolfsburg - sporting

Euro league
>>
my dad took me to kozani-eordaikos 1-1 1987

local rivals-greek 3rd division
>>
File: LSF.jpg (659 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
LSF.jpg
659 KB, 1024x682
Slugger Field in Louisville. Minor league Bats game. Can't remember much about it though.
>>
River Plate 4-2 Union 2002
>>
Some Hurling game maybe 20 years ago.
There was a brawl at the end I remember and my old man got involved.
Such a thing to see as a kid, your dad cracking heads.
>>
Santos Laguna (a football team)- Algodoneros Laguna (a baseball team)
>>
>>65871930
Expos v Cubs in Montreal
>>
It was a Detroit Vipers hockey game games at the Joe Louis
>>
File: 1411696786952.png (40 KB, 504x545) Image search: [Google]
1411696786952.png
40 KB, 504x545
12/22/96
Redskins vs. Cowboys
Final game at RFK Stadium

Redskins emerged victorious, 37-10. A lifelong love for the team and it's fans was born.

I helped my dad and his brother remove their 15 year old seats with a wrench so we could take them with us.

I still have a patch of the field framed in my office.

My father will give me the seat as well soon, I hope.

As far as the Redskins go, it's a >we situation in my opinion considering the amount of money >we have spent supporting this team and the decades worth of season tickets >we have purchased.
>>
>>65871930
Beating Atletico Madrid in 1990. I was 3 at the time.
>>
>>65872094
>Marocco u21
shitskin detected
>>
Luton 3 - 1 Oxford in 1993
>>
>>65873135
Look Sibusiso, it'd be fine if some Finn or some Pole said this
>>
>>65871930
Some Braves @ Giants game when I was like 6 months old.

I watched the home movie my dad made, it was mostly him giving play by play the whole time.

Shame he ended up going to drugs and booze, seems like a cool guy to have hung out with.
>>
Leeds 1 - 3 Nottingham Forest in 1996, I was 8.
>>
File: 1453746642965.jpg (91 KB, 599x637) Image search: [Google]
1453746642965.jpg
91 KB, 599x637
FC Utrecht - Willem II Tilburg in 2006, last Eredivisie weekend of the season.

Got tickets from a neighbor who won them, and couldn't go.

FC Utrecht had a very rocky season, especially when David di Tomasso, arguably one of the fan favorites, died of an heart attack the night after winning the derby against Ajax Amsterdam that year. di Tomasso was called the MVP of the match, which turned out to be his very last match. After that, the team got in a bit of a downward spiral, and didn't score or win for almost two months, before regaining their earlier season form and marched on towards a much converted 5th position, which would mean that FC Utrecht would automatically qualify for the UEFA Cup next year, and even could get a shot at the Champions League by the way of play-offs and qualifying rounds!

Meanwhile, the opponent was Willem II Tilburg, which were locked firmly into 17th place in the Eredivisie, and were thus locked into playing in the relegation/promotion play-offs after the season.

So the match started, the crowd enthusiasm was enormous, since after the match they would hold a memorial ceremony for David di Tomasso, along with introducing the David di Tomasso Trophy for the most valuable player of the year. And in the very first minute of the game, FC Utrecht scored, and the crowd went wild.

It went all downhill from there. FC Utrecht completely collapsed in the second half of the match after Willem II equalized just at half time. It ended 1-4, and Utrecht's dreams of playing European football died right there and then. Even the players themselves couldn't hold their tears back. In the first round for the UEFA Cup play-offs, FC Utrecht got fucking battered by FC Twente 1-5, and FC Twente would get demolished even harder 0-6 by FC Groningen in the following play-off round.

Even the Dutch NT losing the 2010 World Cup Final didn't hurt as much as that did.
>>
FK Zeljeznicar vs Newcastle in 2002 I was like 6. I fell asleep.
>>
>>65871930
some early 2015 regular season New York Red Bulls game.

Had to give up my season tickets for at least the next year; hopefully, by the time I re-subscribe, prices won't be NHL/NBA/NFL/MLB tier expensive
>>
>>65871930
Estudiantes 3 River 0 in the old wooden stadium, can't remember the year(prolly somewhere between 2000 and 2003) My uncle took the me there, I remember jumping on the tablones and watching a goal on the break. I can also recall leaving the stadium in the car and hearing the horns of all of the happy people.
>>
I used to go to Rays baseball games all the time with my dad in 98/99
>>
tottenham - derby in about 2001

we beat them 3-1, i think teddy sheringham scored
>>
Sheffield United 0-3 West Brom.
Yes, that one.
>>
Schalke - Stuttgart

God damn, the Parkstadion was a dump.
>>
Arsenal vs West Ham in September 1995. Ian Wright missed a penalty and scored another one.
>>
random Brewers games at County Stadium back when they still had Molitor and Yount.
>>
Eagles - Charges in 2001
>>
>>65871930
I believe a Leafs-Habs game, or a Leafs-Penguins game at Maple Leaf Gardens sometime in the early to mid-80's. Also went to a Jays game at Exhibition Stadium around the same time.
>>
Celtic vs Kilmarnock in 2010. Robbie Keane with a hat trick. Brilliant 3-1 game. Still have been to a Celtic match were we've lost yet.
>>
Devils - ??? Back in 2002. I was with my uncle and everyone was chanting "BULLSHIT" for like 5 minutes at some bad call and I did it, too. My mom found out later and I got grounded for it. Never saw a hockey game live again. Thanks, Mom.
>>
Celtic Kilmarnock 2010. Keano with a Hat trick in a brilliant 3-1 win. Still haven't been to a Celtic game that we've lost yet.
>>
>>65873046
Another mexibro from torreon? Neat

My first match was santos-america back in 2007. 4-0 in favor of the local team.
>>
>>65877686
Did your parents divorce? Why did he stop taking you? What did he do to you?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (155 KB, 2344x1492) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
155 KB, 2344x1492
>>65871930
I don't know, I was too young to remember. It was a Barcelona game at Camp Nou in the early 2000's, though
>>
Too young to remember. Maybe a cricket match.
>>
File: Dieter_Eilts.jpg (459 KB, 823x1024) Image search: [Google]
Dieter_Eilts.jpg
459 KB, 823x1024
Bayer Leverkusen vs. Werder Bremen in the mid 90s. Witnessed the goat.
>>
>>65871930
Manchester City vs West Ham in 2005. City won 2-1
>>
I went to see Hull City when I was about 5 years old. I didn't know which team was which so I supported one for the first half and the other for the second half
>>
Shamrock Rovers first match at the RDS in 1990. There were cheerleaders and about 25000 people there.
>>
>>65871930
When I was very young, with my dad (I didnt really get sport back then), going to see Leicester - I believe it was Man U, not entirely sure. Can barely remember that now, I dont think I really understood what was going on.
>>
Some charity match in 1998 at the Maracanã.

All I remember is that the blue team had Bebeto and the red team had R9, M. Schumacher and Zico as their front three.
>>
>>65872026
I went to an Atletico MG x Flamengo match at the Mineirao in like 2001 I think. I remember the Galo goalkeeper scored the game winning goal and it was nuts. Good times in HUE land
>>
Los Angeles Clippers @ Sacramento Kings, 1995

I thought each concourse entrance was a different game, that's how young and stupid I was. I thought it was just a coincidence that every game featured a white team playing a red team
>>
Didn't go to any as a kid. When I was like 16 I saw the Lions beat the Seahawks live. Fun game
>>
Tiger Stadium
I only sat behind the pillars once, CF upper deck was my favorite place to sit
>>
>>65871930
Ottawa Senators vs.Pittsburgh Penguins when I was 3 or 4

Ottawa had a 3-0 lead and blew it. Game ended in a 3-3 tie
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.