[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've decided to definitely go to Leicester on my trip to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 10
I've decided to definitely go to Leicester on my trip to England this summer. Any of my fellow life long fans want to meet up. Be there all of July
>>
I hope you get Hosteled
>>
It's a minority white city. Enjoy the pakis m8
>>
Leicester is literally full of pakis

enjoy
>>
>>65863822
I will be emigrating to Leicester next month. I will devout my life for the foxes
>>
>>65863912
>>65863925
Is that true or exaggerated? I went into the Muslim part of Paris a few years ago and it was scarier the the niggiest part of any of our cities
>>
>>65863949
Leicester is like one of the worst cities in the UK for it.
>>
>>65863949
According to the 2011 census it was 50.6% white (including Poles and other shit). It's almost certainly less now
>>
>>65863949
Handy info graphic
>>
>>65863889
Hosteling is east Europe. In west Europe you get Taken
>>
>>65863956
>>65863972
>>65863973
That's a bummer. Maybe I won't go there that Paris experience fucked me up
>>
>>65863822
Best not chat shit m8
>>
>>65863949
CURRENT YEAR
>>
Queens road, go in the Clarendon, go in cambiasso's hangout barcelonetta and Dos hermanos. These are true fox holes where you won't get beaten to death.
>>
>>65863949

Bull shit.

There are no part of Paris that are scary if you're not a faggot.
Nothern surburbs, on the other hand...
>>
UK was my favorite country I visited

I went in autumn, was a warm evening, laying with my cousins in the grass (they live in Cambridge), very peaceful and nice
>>
How do Euros treat American tourists who go to the soccer games?

I go to a lot of Yankee games and when ever their are yuro or asian tourists there they get treated really well and people like buy them hats and try to teach them the rules
>>
>>65864075
>laying with my cousins
Stop trying to culturally enrich the Britbongs Cletus
>>
>>65864111
I'm like half British? my mom's an immigrant to the US
>>
>>65864013
Don't listen to these little queers. Leicester is cool m8, way less violent than it used to be. The centre is full of mongs but it's entertaining.

It's not like you're going to be touring the council estates, is it?
>>
>>65864096

I don't think anyone cares if your're american.
You won't have trouble for sure
>>
>>65864096
We ask them to clap for us and sing "that Fight and WIn song".
>>
>>65864096
You'll be sitting with other tourists most likely so not badly. Regular fans mostly don't mind foreign fans, don't hate them but don't love them either, and you'll certainly never be viewed as a """proper"" fan.

Perhaps it's more like supporting a particular college football team if you never went to the college than any professional American league.
>>
>>65864096
people who go to watch football are mostly poor people with chav accents senpai

dont even try to talk to someone unless they actually look normal
>>
When I back packed in Europe the worst people I met were Australians. They were terribly loud and would always wander into the hostel piss drunk making a ruckus.

I was afraid Americans were the most hated tourist butany people in France and Germany said they prefer Americans to Aussies
>>
>>65863822
I'm from right outside Leicester and I'm telling you, don't bother

It's full of Asians. And I don't mean peace-sings, gameboy Asians or even brown-skinned but pretty normal Asians. I'm talking about head to toe in burkha's, limited English, stinking Asians. And even if that doesn't bpther you, Leicester is pretty shite compared to most other cities in the UK.
>>
>>65864075
Cambridge is a nice place.. but it's incredibly expensive and not representative of the country as a whole
>>
>>65863822
What would you do there lol? Not like there'll be any football on if it's the summer.
>>
>>65864096

i went to london for a week on spring break with 3 friends in high school, caught an arsenal game, and we were talking shit with these black dudes in a 7/11 (convenience store) and they were absolutely fascinated with us

>"Are the red cups real?"
>show them pictures on our phone of parties
>respond the same way american blacks react to a sick dunk
>ask us for our tickets

bretty based
>>
>>65864096
>implying any nerds on /sp/ actually go to games
>>
>>65864222
They have 7/11 in Europe?
>>
>>65864180
I think most people in France and Germany couldn't even tell the difference.
>>
>>65864197
yeah i figured but it was still very nice, very idyllic
>>
>>65864258
No.
>>
>>65864258

don't think so, i meant it like how people say coke in the south for any soft drink
>>
>>65864222
When I was in England they were jealous that I was from Queens.

I was like wtf are you on? You got like 1000s of years of history where you live. We have italians and nigs
>>
>>65864205
Go to grace road and get stoned and drunk. Abbey park petting zoo. Bradgate park, Henry the eighth last bird lived there, literally still mooch around her house, for free.
>>
PLACES TO NEVER VISIT IN THE UK:

>Leicester
>Bradford
>Luton
>most of London
>Middlesbrough
>>
>>65864180
American tourists are great because only rich and generally respectful people do it. Your average American bro couldn't give less of a shit about going to Europe. Wherever I've travelled I've found American tourists to be the friendliest, most fun and generally best people to be around. Really shit at handling banter though, it takes getting used to people being so much more easily offended.

British chavs and Australian bogans on the other hand love to go abroad to places with cheaper alcohol and generally shit the place up.
>>
How do brits feel about this?

https://youtu.be/j8jAn9qz_0g
>>
>>65864351
FUCKING THIS.

Nothing against the colour of their skin or anything, but pakis just generally aren't nice people. They're rude as fuck.
>>
>>65864351
Leicester is nowhere near as bad as Luton, memes aside the worst crime areas in this country are always the areas with the most white chavs and luton is king of that.
>>
There is literally no reason to visit England other than maybe a day or two in London to see the meme tourist shit like Big Ben and Buckingham Palace etc. There is no culture to be had anywhere outside of the capital.
>>
Worst place I went with the worst people was Amsterdam.
>>
>>65864379
Tourists are dumb and need their photo ops, what's new. That doesn't fuck me off nearly as much as the ones who refuse to stand on the right hand side of the escalators in the underground despite it being fucking signposted every 2 meters. I can avoid Abbey Road, I can't avoid my daily commute.
>>
File: 2016-02-22_23-03-12.png (127 KB, 300x248) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-22_23-03-12.png
127 KB, 300x248
>>65864419
>>
>>65864351
If you want a "nice" time in the UK just go to where old shit is.

Urban areas are absolute holes. Nothing to do with skin colour, the white, black or brown people there are just scum.
>>
>>65864419
Here's your ( You )
>>
>>65864419
I know this is bait, but if you want culture, go to anywhere but London. Check out Bristol or Liverpool, even Manchester.
>>
Is Bath worth visiting? I kinda want to visit the southwest of the country, visit Cornwall for instance. I saw a pic of some stone amphitheatre that's right on the sea, looked beautiful
>>
>>65864419
York, Canterbury and Bath are great for a density of old shit if that's your thing, Bristol and Manchester are great for nightlife and Devon/Lake DIstrict/Scotland are great for scenery. Plenty outside of London, though it wouldn't be my first choice of country to visit either purely based on cost and weather. Somewhere like Croatia has just as much to see and is a generally nicer experience to visit.
>>
File: 1452571825437.jpg (17 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1452571825437.jpg
17 KB, 200x200
What about Birmingham, Aberdeen, or Sussex?
>>
>>65863822
I was raised about 3 blocks from there
>>
>tfw I told murrifag to go to Leicester and he actually did it the absolute madman
>>
>>65864503
Bath is great, plenty of things to visit and not long distances to travel. Bristol is in the same area and has lots of more modern counter culture things too and nightlife only second to London so you can do both while you're there.
>>
>>65864542
inb4 you're a paki
>>
>>65864351
>tfw fellowship to the University of Bradford this upcoming school year
h-how bad is it?
>>
>>65864556
i'd be traveling with my gf so i'm not necessarily so much into the nightlife, we prefer to explore and see older things

thanks man, i'll look into it for this summer :)
>>
the problem with England is that the cites with good nightlife are ugly and dangerous while the places that are beautiful and historical are small and boring
>>
>>65864553
Some female Brazillian Arctic Monkeys fans came to Sheffield because it's where they're from, they stayed at the hotel I work at. What the fuck they were thinking I have no idea but lets just say they were disappointed.
>>
>>65864583
Sounds like every country in the west with immigrant problems.
>>
>>65864584
>anon finds out brazilians are stupid the hard way
I hope you had a good laugh at them.

>current year
>being a fan of a music band
>the shittiest form of pop art
>>
>>65864539
Birmingham is a bit shit really, but not the worst.

Aberdeen isn't great either, best of going elsewhere in Scotland.

Sussex is not generally offensive, not a whole lot going on though.

Like what others are saying in this thread, Bristol/Bath is a good place to check out.
>>
>>65864583
London is only dangerous if you're a gang member living near the edge. Barely anyone attacks tourists or even middle class Brits because it's much more risky. As a tourist you'll be staying in the centre, visiting places in the centre and clubbing in the centre anyway. Not dangerous at all.
>>
>>65864574
hope you haven't accepted it
>>
>>65864574
Not great, bro..

... Not great at all.

In all seriousness, if you're at unithere it'll be ok, but Bradford is a dump full of asians (and not the good kind). A bunch of muslim guys recently got busted for running a massive pedo ring in Bradford.
>>
>>65864574
If you're at university the town you're in will barely matter because everyone you know and everything you do will be connected to the university.
>>
>>65864703
>A bunch of muslim guys recently got busted for running a massive pedo ring in Bradford.

That was Rotherham bud. Same county different place.
>>
Be sure to go during the summer to really take in the football atmosphere.
>>
File: New Jersey Incubators Map.jpg (582 KB, 1583x3001) Image search: [Google]
New Jersey Incubators Map.jpg
582 KB, 1583x3001
>tfw no Europeans or even Americans ever visit your state

Idk how it feels
>>
>>65864788
Drove from Philly area to Cape May last year and everywhere between looked like Baghdad
>>
>>65864788
>Sussex north of Middlesex
>>
>>65863822
Burger in UK atm, go to Brighton OP if it's the last thing you do. I've been in europe for nearly a year now from Turkey to UK and most countries in between and it's my second favorite city I've been so far besides Berlin. Im getting really sad thinking about leaving here in a few weeks
>>
>>65864788
America is hard as fuck to visit 2bh, everywhere is so far apart and public transport just isn't a thing. Add on to that the fact that you frequently need t be 25 to hire a car it really isn't worth all the hassle when you consider all the other places in the world you can go more easily for a fraction of the price.
>>
>>65864831
are you gay?
>>
File: Berlin funk.jpg (692 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
Berlin funk.jpg
692 KB, 2560x1920
>>65864831
>my second favorite city I've been so far besides Berlin
>Ber-fucking-lin

You've only been to those two cities then I take it?
>>
>>65864096
People will be happy you're not seeing man u or Chelsea and that you care about their club. But you won't get that much attention people don't really care
>>
>>65864788

Why is New Jersey always considered a joke

Is it because it's just a place for people who can't afford to live in New York\?
>>
>>65864072
M8, one time I ended up alone in Barbès at night, I was literally the only white man over there, and there were hundreds of people
Scary as shit, there were many stores with broken glass, and some people started looking weirdly at me, I just bolted out and never went back
>>
>no mention of Newcastle
Great night out anon, not very many pakis
>>
>>65864897
New Jersey has always been an industry state. We made chemicals, metals, had oil refineries, and seaports since the 1800s. So its always been a meme for New Yorkers to call us a garbage dump or chemical swamp and that meme spread.

Most of New Jersey is very nice. We still have our industry in the north and west which looks ugly but makes us one of the wealthiest states in the Country. Also we have a very dense population and the Mafia stereotype never left
>>
>>65863822
This picture reminds me of home lads
>>
>>65864897
yes
and people to poor too live in philadelphia in the south

The entire state smells like garbage
>>
>>65864972
Not true at all most people choose to live in New Jersey instead of PA and NY and commute.
>>
>>65864897

new jersey is new york city's parking lot
>>
File: 3363067003_bd1fda94ec_b.jpg (450 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
3363067003_bd1fda94ec_b.jpg
450 KB, 768x1024
You're not seriously considering staying in Leicester are you OP?

I'm from Leicestershire, and all of us say we're from Leicestershire because we don't want people to associate us with the scum that actually live in Leicester. It's a fucking dreadful city, really is. There's nothing for you to do, every time I go in to the centre by the clock tower, I cringe, I look around thinking to myself 'what the fuck happened'. It's not about the asians, but everything on a whole is just incredible. It's a sight to behold in a bad way. I wouldn't think about staying in Leicester, especially if you have company. Also ignore any local city to Leicester like Coventry, Derby, Nottingham, Birmingham, there's really no reason to go anywhere in the Midlands.

If you want to go to a game, great, August at the start of the season in summer would be great, get a ticket for SK1/2/3 or one of the J numbers. Would also want to go see the Tigers play at Welford Road, and maybe the Nottingham Panthers if you're in to Ice Hockey.

But seriously don't stay here, there's noting to do here, the things here to do are overrated like Space Center and Richard III, don't bother. Nobody will treat you with respect here, the locals are digusting, even >>65863822 OPs image is a shit hole, by the train station it's just homeless hanging out by Sainsbury's, Police doing there hourly walk down the street, and it's basically just a place for bikes, and drunks.
>>
>>65864697
>>65864703
>>65864722
fug, I hope they let me switch to Japan instead
>>
>>65865006
>>65864972
New Jersey us richer than New York and PA. You obviously have no idea what youre talking about because it is way more expensive to live in New Jersey than NY or PA and the taxes are the highest in the nation
>>
>>65864850
No but I'm from the bay area so they're nothing new to me
>>65864872
No. Paris, Nice, Amsterdam, Hague, Vienna, Barça, Madrid, Prague, Istanbul, Belgrade, and more. Berlin just had the best people and i ended up making great friends who i already miss dearly
>>
File: 0004.webm (782 KB, 480x304) Image search: [Google]
0004.webm
782 KB, 480x304
>>65865103

> it is way more expensive to live in New Jersey than NY
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKlUToh91ZI
>>
>>65865121
>Berlin just had the best people
The only somewhat decent people there are Swabians who moved ther for business.
Everyone else are either muslim street gangs, misunderstood "artists", Ossi Kevins, antifa outcasts, scene faggots, literal faggots, refugees, trainstation gypsies and a legion of unemployed and alcoholic Berlin natives.
>>
>>65865126
New York. Not the City
>>
>>65864503
>I saw a pic of some stone amphitheatre that's right on the sea, looked beautiful
Minack theatre m8. Good in good weather. Built in the 1980s or something.
>>
>>65865242
You're probably just not a fun person. I met a solid crew by my first week who let me live with them for like a month, do their psychedelics, fuck their qt friends, and took me to house shows and shit. Was a great time.
>>
>>65865294
>fuck their qt friends
Always knew the Germans were keks
>>
>>65865294
So you're just a degenerate alternative faggot. Should've said that sooner.
>>
>>65865276

> implying anyone gives a shit about the rest of new york
>>
>>65865318

> having fun
> degenerate

no wonder you krauts have no sense of humor
>>
>>65865318
Sure man. Hope your weekend fuming at strangers vacation activities on 4chan has been enjoyable.
>>
>>65865350
There's a difference between having fun and losing all dignity, you window licking retard.
>>
>>65865374

> this is what germans actually believe
>>
>>65865365
It's sunday. Honest people work on mondays.
>>
>>65865062
>pasta hut
>>
>>65865062
Ignore this scared straw chewing yokel, he's probably from fleckney
>>
>>65865374
M9 i was bangin 8/10 dutch girls like every week and drinking delicious beers while biking through the parks on acid with new friends. Sorry it's not polishing my fedora and playing Catan alone or whatever your idea of fun is. (Catan is great tho )
>>
>>65865461
What's wrong with Fleckney?
>>
>>65865389
Just freelance or start your own business you plebian wageslave faggot
>>
>>65863995
I just like to say that this is an underrated comment.
>>
>>65865489
You sound like a fucking wanker mate sit down
>>
File: 05.png (6 KB, 260x250) Image search: [Google]
05.png
6 KB, 260x250
>>65865570

how exactly? the dude had a good time in berlin, jesus christ you're a bunch of bitches over there
>>
>>65864352
Americans have big egos and it makes us shit at handling banter. A friendly gib that would be considered light hearted banter in the UK could end in a fight in the states.

Not sure why Americans are like that
>>
>>65864351
I'm in no way disagreeing with you, but thanks for at least spelling Middlesbrough correctly.
>>
Ireland or England where should I go? I like history and Good beer and food
>>
>>65866028
Belgium you fucking tool
>>
>>65866049
Been there already
>>
>>65864574
I barely realise bradford has a uni most of the time, but it's not too terrible on the rankings, the sort of uni you have to know what's going and what isn't course wise, or you get shafted by some massively incompetent lecturers
>>
>>65866067
Are college sports big in the UK?
>>
>>65866028

Liverpool is literally the best city in England. Only if you do any football tourism obviously go to Everton, not Liverpool.
>>
>>65864419
Maybe one can stay if they want to study sharia law and immerse themselves in Islamic culture
>>
I'm from there and I couldn't imagine anybody ever actually going on holiday to Leicester. Absolutely nothing to see. Maybe watch a match if you have to and leave for Bath or York or Cambridge or something.
>>
>>65866254
In terms of the number of people doing them? Yes.
In terms of how serious they are compared to in the US? No. They're drinking clubs with a sport problem
>>
>>65864013
Lol dumbass
>>
Amerifats are not welcome to my city! But during the summer is the time Leicester is most bearable since most immigrants go to their countries for the summer.
>>
File: bath.jpg (550 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
bath.jpg
550 KB, 1800x1200
>>65864503
Yes, the south west is generally the prettiest area
>>
>>65866028
If you like history and food then Whitby isn't a bad shout.
>>
File: Bradford.jpg (70 KB, 749x499) Image search: [Google]
Bradford.jpg
70 KB, 749x499
>>65870562

is it filled with Pakis yet? and if not why not?

pic related is Bradford
>>
>>65870527
You don't want our big strong American tips?
>>
>>65864763
No, he's actually right. Most British cities have muslim rape gangs now.
>The Keighley sex gang was a group of 12 men of Muslim heritage who committed serious sexual offences against two under-aged white girls in the English town of Keighley and city of Bradford, West Yorkshire.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keighley_sex_gang
>>
>>65871131

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS FUCKING REAL!?
KILL EM
KILL THEM WITH FAYAH
>>
>>65864849
>you frequently need [to] be 25 to hire a car
I'm an adult now (on paper) and should probably have been aware of this but wasn't until now.

Does it vary by state? Never needed to rent a car.
>>
>>65872193
By state. My state is 26
>>
>>65865062
tfw northamptonshire to avoid being associated with northampton
iktf bro
>>
>>65864574
It's not as bad as Oxford :^)
>>
>>65872036
>muslim telling us to kill muslims
did you forget we have flags here, Mohammed?
>>
Any of you blokes come stateside and want to experience American sports culture go to a baseball game or college football game. NFL games are awful they literally dont want the fans getting involved with anything but staying in their seats and stuffing their faces and it's too loud to hold any kind of conversation
>>
Reminder that England is leas white than the US
>>
>>65863822
As someone that lives in Leicester, its really fucking shit
Very....multicultural, lets say that
But at least for the first time ever we can be proud of our football
>>
>>65864013
Go somewhere like idk kent or thanet or something. Leicesters shit.

>>65864130
Yeh but still pretty violent. I mean its not brummy levels but still.
Its a shithole but its our shithole <3
>>
>>65863822
>>65879755
Actually desu its not that bad in Leicester in general. City centre is shite, but places like Rothley are nice, been there a few times and its a lovely little village.
>>
>>65863822

Literally no point, here's a list of the cities in the UK you might consider going to:

London (obviously)
Manchester (never been but it's basically the coolest city in the north)
Liverpool (also relatively cool)
Brighton (yes there are gays, which sucks, but there are also beaches and music shops)
Edinburgh (muh culture, muh old buildings, muh castle)

That's about it. I would say come to Portsmouth but to be honest there's fuck all here. Those five are the only cities of interest in the country really. Actually if you like sports i would also recommend going to see Wales play at the Millennium Stadium (this is rugby I'm talking about). I've not been but my family's all Welsh, my uncle goes all the time, but I reckon it's got to be possibly the most passionate sporting atmospheres you can go to in the country. Drink beer, watch the rugby, everyone's friendly as fuck. And sing Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau ('Land of our Fathers').
>>
>>65864290
They do in Scandinavia and Northern Europe. Sick of Brits speaking for Europe when most of them have never been anywhere besides algarve or Benidorm.
>>
>>65879942
Do people even visit Portugal?
>>
>>65865489
No you weren't
>>
>>65883841
Its a very popular tourist destination, especially the Algarve as Portubro says. All of Iberia is hot, beautiful and cheap. Brits, Irish, Germans, Dutch etc are swarming all over that peninsula in Summer.
>>
>>65864351

>most of London

You're a stupid twat

London is literally the only relevant city in the country
>>
>>65865121
I know that feel. Berlin is amazing. Smoked weed with a random young couple in that park by the Reichstag, pretty based people.
>>
>>65879928
Nowt wrong with gays. They're accommodating as fuck, and not even in a rapey way.
>>
>>65864096
we bully them to death, pointing out how fat they are and how awkward it is coming to a game in full kit except for the cargo shorts
>>
>>65888522
>implying I would ever in a million years come to Spain
>>
>>65864872
Berlin ist mein Lieblingsstadt, Hans

>>65865121
Berlin auch hast der besten Essen
Currywurst ist lecker

>>65887557
Berlin ist prima für trinken auch
Ich war sehr getrunken im Berlin, und der Persons war sehr freundlich und spaß

Mein Deutsch ist sehr schlecht, ich kenne das
Aber ich möchte es verbessern

>>65887579
Homosexuellen sind fürchtbar, mein Freund
>>
>>65879942
The guy he responded to talked about London you dullard, not everything is designed to offend your sensibilities.
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.