[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cincinnati plus who?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11
File: Big_12.jpg (57 KB, 639x360) Image search: [Google]
Big_12.jpg
57 KB, 639x360
Cincinnati plus who?
>>
U of Houston
>>
>>65655031
Houston would be the best call as they're rapidly getting better. They out-recruited a number of BIG12 schools and would reconnect most of the SWC.
>>
>>65655351
Word is B12 wants nothing to do with Houston.

As it would stand the logical conferences in that place are:

B12 South:
>Texas
>Texas Tech
>OU
>OSU
>TCU/Houston/Baylor

B12 West:
>ISU
>KSU
>KU
>WVU
>Baylor/TCU/Houston

That's a terrible balance of conferences and would all but guarantee knocking most everybody out of decent bowl contention, if not NCAA tournament contention

B12 gonna stay 10 teams so long as they can get a team in the tourney
>>
File: 911 pepe.jpg (81 KB, 619x406) Image search: [Google]
911 pepe.jpg
81 KB, 619x406
>>65654973
Colorado State boyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>65655031

if they didnt have so many texas schools already I could have seen them getting the call
>>
>>65654973
Memphis

>>65655031
>>65655351
Too many Texas schools already. Texas/TTU/Baylor/TCU don't want to have another in-state competitor (especially with A&M stealing Texas players into the SEC and Oklahoma, LSU, Bama, et al border hopping) and none of the non-Texas schools want another Texas school.

>>65657278
They sealed their fate when they added WVU - they're moving east.

Although 2bqh familia I see the B12 imploding first.
>>
File: isis.jpg (58 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
isis.jpg
58 KB, 499x499
>>65657332
so mwc confirmed for next power 5 conference? i can dig it
>>
>>65657332
the school east of WVU most desperate to be power 5 is UConn, but they'd never want to deal with Big 12 travel costs.
>>
They aren't going to expand the Big XII has the shittiest contract of the P5, and now that they're able a championship game there is no monetary benefit. For the member schools now, it would just mean making their slice of the cash pie even smaller.
>>
File: BYU.jpg (113 KB, 937x920) Image search: [Google]
BYU.jpg
113 KB, 937x920
>any team from ohio
>>
>>65657142
>south and west as division names
>south being overpowered once again

whoever out of Baylor/Houston/TCU that stays in the West would just ahave a free ticket to the B12CG
>>
>>65657142

>thinking it's about basketball

Basketball means fuckall. Might as well re-align based on women's volleyball.

Football is what drives all of this.
>>
We steal arizona state arizona and promise to pay Louisiana debt but lsu has to join the big 12
>>
Cincinnati and Memphis

Won't be another Texas school - Houston is out
BYU is special snowflake, refuses to play on Sunday for any reason - out
UConn is too far away - out
Only other possibility is Colorado State, but they're a long haul from WVU.
>>
File: brietypeA.jpg (3 MB, 1918x2560) Image search: [Google]
brietypeA.jpg
3 MB, 1918x2560
>>65657332
>Texas/TTU/Baylor/TCU don't want to have another in-state competitor

This. UH has no chance.

Anyway, I think it's between BYU, Boise, Cincy, and Memphis. All have advantages and disadvantages.

One out-of-the-box suggestion I've heard is Tulane. Obviously they're lousy, but being in the Power 5 would increase their profile in a fertile recruiting area. And the Big would love to have a foothold in the New Orleans market. Plus they have elite academics, which is a plus.
>>
>>65661165

Tulane actually makes sense if you think about it. They could be the Iowa State of the south.
>>
BYU and Boise State will be fine for me.
But I don't think it's gonna happen
>>
>>65661165
Sauce
>>
File: we power conference now.jpg (66 KB, 594x380) Image search: [Google]
we power conference now.jpg
66 KB, 594x380
>yfw hurr state finally goes powerc onference
>>
>>65657972
>impflying they won't reconsider when it's time to renegotiate TV contracts
>>
>>65661165
This is a perfectly reasonable post, except for the part where you think a conference footprint stretching from Utah to West Virginia would be a good idea.

No fucking way. BYU is poison.
>>
>>65664356

Truth. BYU wants to be a special snowflake like Notre Dame. They aren't going to join a conference and share revenue.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeFqtxfhXLU
2016 season when?
Week 1 gonna be insane.
>>
>>65661070
>Sunday

COLLEGE BALL IS PLAYED ON EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK EXCEPT SUNDAY

seriously, do you even watch the NFL?
>>
>>65664356

they should just kick out wvu
>>
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/2/16/11028162/big-12-expansion-cincinnati-byu-boise-state

they might settle it soon
>>
>>65662071
That's my fucking kid boyo. no fucking sauce.
>>
File: Mntneer Big 12.jpg (34 KB, 756x461) Image search: [Google]
Mntneer Big 12.jpg
34 KB, 756x461
>>65667709
hahaha

WVU was part of the sinking Big East and desperately wanted out.

They wanted to go to the SEC, but Mike Silve told them "not now"

They wanted to go to the ACC, but tabacco road told them no.

They floated to the B1G, but they are not an AAC school, and have lower admission criteria by state law, so no B1G

The Big 12 came around and WVU jumped into their waiting arms.

The Big 12 is pretty happy with WVU. The WVU fans are not so happy with no true rivalries, but the Big 12 banner is being carried on the east coast, and WVU is doing it justice.

WVU will stay part of the Big 12 until the SEC wants them. Until then.......
>>
I thought they got that special exception from the NCAA that allows them to play a conference championship with only 10 teams instead of 12?
>>
File: 1455568182272.jpg (61 KB, 410x468) Image search: [Google]
1455568182272.jpg
61 KB, 410x468
Add in the Mighty Mean Green of North Texas.

kek
>>
>>65668286

they do but oklahoma still wants to expand
>>
>>65662071
Allison Brie
>>
Big 12 could've stayed at 12 teams when the Big East collapsed by adding Louisville, WVU, Cincy, and then some pud school
>>
>>65668016
FFFFFFUUUUUCK TTHAAAAAAAAAAAT

WVU is garbage, "doing it justice" by rosey ass. They happened to be in a collapsing conference during a 3-4 year good stretch over a lifetime of mediocrity. They suck, and don't deserve to be in that conference even a little bit.

The east coast is too fucking far away from the main draws of UT/OU, it's like the B1G adding Florida State.

I'd suggest how to fix it, but the BigXII has proven time and time again they were ruled by people dumber than anyone posting ITT.
>>
Cincinnati ain't playin', and they are already a better addition than Iowa State, Kansas State, and WVU. Expanding into Ohio is also a great middle finger to the B1G, which ya need.

Apparently it's too crazy expensive to steal and ACC school (even though Big 12 football is superior), so pretty much we're down to AAC schools not in Texas.

There's no other argument to be had.
>>
>>65673106
lol WVU is ranked top 15 in college basketball and has more BCS wins in the past decade than over half the BIG 12
>>
>>65674432
>BCS wins
That's when you were in a conference with three cupcakes and a dumpster fire, that doesn't give you fuck all.

This is like putting Boise State in the Pac-12 and telling everyone how great they are. No. Fuck you.
>>
File: niu.jpg (29 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
niu.jpg
29 KB, 600x450
Right here
>>
>>65674474
You're either a Louisville or a Cincinnati fan
>>
>>65674750
Nah, those teams got into a new conference by actually doing well. That's an objective fact.
>>
>>65674783
Quit trolling. WVU is doing fine. Dana just isnt a good coach. Theyre still way better than half the big 12 and theyre in a tie with Kansas for the Big 12 in basketball. Your autism is showing,
>>
>>65674812
>not being able to define autism
That's okay, I feel for anyone who attended WVU.

Basketball had to rise up to get to that level, they weren't good enough five years ago and only got picked cuz FOOTBAW. Which was having a brief surge at the time, but they are not, historically, quality.

Next thing you'll tell me Baylor is joining the SEC.
>>
>>65674601
would be cool desu

but then again, can't see teams like texas and oklahoma playing in Dekalb
>>
>>65674851
Of the entire Big 12, the only school actually located in a city is UT. Everywhere else is a goddamn village.

They'll be fine.
>>
>>65661165
New Orleans is a small market and it is absolutely owned by LSU
>>
>>65674860
your right actually, NIU is the best team in Illinois and it would be great for the Big 12 to get the Chicago market

they would be right on the Big 10's doorstep
>>
>>65674863
That's because it's the only Power 5 school in the state.

Honestly Tulane didn't even deserve to move from CUSA, and they still suck, so WTF Anon.

LAW-ZEE-ANNA FBS PAHR RANKIN'S
1) LSU
2) La Tech
3) Lafayette
9001) Tulane
9002) ULM
>>
>>65674845
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_football_teams_by_wins
Try again
>>
I'm pretty sure the Big 12 would rather fold than have to take in a fucking MAC school

Not sure why people think that move would make any sense
>>
>>65674906
>try again
Oh, are we counting FCS wins? Well fuck me, Boise State to the Pac-12.
>>
>>65674925
>would rather fold than take in a MAC school
Well they already took WVU, clearly they have no problem debasing themselves.
>>
I'll never forget it was Texas who started all this bullshit
>>
>>65674601

They should immediately change the school name when they join
>>
>>65675040
to what?
>>
>>65675064
University of Texas - DeKalb
>>
>>65675064

DeKalb University sounds less directional nationally and could help their brand
>>
>>65664478
No, they desperately want to be in the Big 12. Actually, they want to be in the Pac 12, but that's a non-starter because that conference is autistic about secularism.

But they went independent not to be special, but to get out of a meme conference.

>>65674863
Yeah, but since Tulane is a private school, they aren't cucked by the budget crisis that will cause LSU to quit football.
>>
File: smu pepe.jpg (44 KB, 327x367) Image search: [Google]
smu pepe.jpg
44 KB, 327x367
W-w-w-we aren't bad at basketball
>>
>>65675129
>BYU
They have their own TV channel and probably other large sources of revenue too. Why would they be desperate to join any conference?

>>65675186
>football program got BTFO
>basketball program about to get BTFO thanks to Larry Brownstein
Hope you enjoyed your meme run
>>
File: buffsfeels.jpg (55 KB, 327x367) Image search: [Google]
buffsfeels.jpg
55 KB, 327x367
>>65675186
>it's a formerly successful program enters along period of decline episode

iktfb
>>
>>65675203
They'd get alot more in a major conference, not to mention greater stability and bowl tie-ins. BYU has a decent national profile, but it's nothing compared to Notre Dame. Plus scheduling is a bitch for independents.
>>
What if they took North Dakota State or Northern Iowa str8 from the FCS m8s?

NDSU can beat the lower half of the B12 in football easily, and UNI will be good for basketball.
>>
>>65675326
Stadiums aren't big enough, TV markets aren't big enough probably.
>>
>>65675342
I forgot about the stadium issue, they both play football in terrible second-tier arena football league style domes lol
>>
>>65675326

ND State - no way in hell
N. Iowa - maybe, but probably no

to your point, B12 will want a bigger market school with a history of success in both programs, obviously
>>
>>65675206
More like the late 80s, early 90s was your one era of success for a program that was always shit. Expectations are too high. Maybe Hagan will turn out to be a good assistant coach
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.