[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is serie a so irrelevant now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8
File: índice.jpg (11 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
índice.jpg
11 KB, 250x202
why is serie a so irrelevant now
>>
Depends what you mean by irrelevant, however this are some of the problems serie a has:

Too many irrelevant teams
Lack of foreign investors
Awful work on youth teams for years
Small teams play on the defensive hindering spectacle
Juve dominance diminishes interest in the league

If you mean why Italian teams win less than in the past, it's because Milan and Inter are rebuilding their teams.
>>
>>65652371
Is Milan Italy's Liverpool?
>>
Cause 95% of games end 0-0 or 1-9
>>
>>65653557
no because Milan actually used to win the league
>>
>>65653603
Less 0-0s than England this year
There are fuck all high scoring one-sided games. 4 is usually the highest Juve would beat a team by.
>>
Because everyone realized that Italian football is ugly and boring as shit and mafia money isn't enough to make a good team anymore
>>
>>65652233
i enjoy calcio more than spanish league desu.
>>
>>65655043
tano butthurt
>>
>>65653611

America ladies and gentleman.
>>
>>65659189
Milan and Inter both have several league titles over the past 10 years.
Can't say the same about Liverpoop.
>>
>>65659178

the same two corrupt teams win la liga virtually every year. That's not fun to watch. And now they've done it to the CL. European football is dead. Domestic leagues are where it's at.
>>
>>65653557
Milan won its last league title 5 years ago
Liverpool 26 years ago
>>
In the 90s, Italian football was the best of the world. A league full of stars, mid and small teams having really good players, big teams dominating the european scene...it was perfect. But it spoiled us. People went to great lenghts to mantain that. Illegal lenghts.
In the 00s, a lot of shit hit the fan. The Parma of wonders built with money coming from a frauding company started to collapse. Lazio was on the verge of bankruptcy and was merely saved by their current chairman. Fiorentina wasn't that lucky. Other minor teams weren't that lucky and were forced to sell their stars to bigger teams to survive, going back to be irrelevant again.
Although this favored the big teams (Milan getting Stam, Nesta, Rui Costa, and so on, Juventus got Buffon, Nedved, Thuram and so on) it eventually meant the decline of the league. With a less competitive leauge, Italian football was bound to fall from the élite. It was a slow process, but it was bound to happen. Calciopoli didn't help too. I believe that, without the scandal, Italian football could have stayed for maybe 5 more years on top, but it doesn't matter now.
I guess you all know that Calciopoli was the coup de grâce to Italian Football. The subsequent successes of the 2006 World Cup, the 2007 and 2010 Champions Leagues were the swansong of a dying football. Less and less stars were attracted to the Serie A, and more and more people wanted to play in more competitive leagues. Internazionale built his successes on the wreckages of Serie A, but it was not destined to last. Firstly because the Serie A didn't have anymore appeal, and then because the company itself was heavily indebted. Milan tried to shine thanks to his old players but it failed. Juventus tried to rebuild his empire but it didn't succeed first. Add to the list of causes of our decline the ineptitude of our sport administrators, of both our league and our clubs.
[cont]
>>
>>65659189
its tru
>>
[cont]
It didn't help that Arabs and Russians billionaires started treating the European Football as their playground. Chelsea, Manchester City, PSG, Real Madrid...they all started to pay unbelievable amounts of money for the players. Italian clubs couldn't compare, couldn't keep on paying these sums of money anymore. Of all the European big teams, Italians one were the one that suffered the most from the entrance of people like Abramovich or Mansour in the world of football.

And so, we arrive at the present day. Juventus finally managed to dominate again the league, while the other two historical big teams are struggling to just get to the EL. Other teams rose in the meantime, especially Roma and Napoli, but they weren't able to be a good rival to Juve. In the meantime the league just got worse and worse. The only stars of the league only plays in Juventus, which will dominate the league for many years to come. This will create a vicious cycle. Juventus dominating a league will make it less and less appealing, teams will struggle to reinforce their squads, allowing Juve to keep winning. I don't see the end of it, personally. Except if Juve kind of fucks up in a spectacular way, but they showed us this year that they aren't capable to stay dead long enough to permit other teams to win the Scudetto.

There are more reason because Italian football can't keep the pace of other leagues. But I'll maybe say them later, I'm going to have a nice plate of pasta now. Have a good lunch, everyone!
>>
>>65659635
>Of all the European big teams, Italians one were the one that suffered the most from the entrance of people like Abramovich or Mansour in the world of football.
you forgot to mention that Berlusconi and Moratti were the Abramovich and Mansour of the 90s. People just didn't pay that much attention because they weren't foreign investors
>>
>>65659643
Would Agnelli fit in with those two? Or is he actually as capable as he seems to be (together with Giuseppe Marotta)?
>>65659587
>>65659635
Thanks for that, I knew some bits of it. But that seems like a good summary. I can kind of relate with Ajax and Feyenoord (and the whole Eredivisie) being in the shitter compared to last century
>>
>>65659635
i don't agree with your pessimistic view of the future
the lack of money and appeal to buy big names will make clubs spend more resources on youth training
this could be extremely good for the league, since we can't turn into a feeder league like the dutch or belgian one since the inner market is still very relevant
plus if stadiums are improved both in infrastructure and security i can see the revenue and attendance rising in the near future if the economic crisis is really finally lifting

i know these are a lot of ifs and buts, but i think there is a way out, and clubs are starting to realise this

>>65659643
Berlusconi spent in 25 years of ownership what Mansour, Abramovich and Real spend in a season or two
>>
>>65659436

>arbitrary measurements of time

nice meme. I'm as abl as they come but the ameribibles comments was fucking brain dead.
>>
>>65659587
>>65659635
The premier leagues creation also exacerbated the problem. Shame because 90s seria a was comfy as fuck
>>
>>65659643

That's true as well, but Milan and Inter didn't dominate the European football as much as other teams do now. And mostly, they didn't set a new economical standard for football. As I said, teams which were not coming from a billionaire (Marseille, Ajax, Dortmund) were able to prove themselves on the European scenery. Even Sampdoria managed to reach a CL final, even if they lost to Barcelona.

>>65659668
Agnelli is kind of a dumbass, Marotta is the true mastermind behind Juventus coming back to being a powerhouse

>>65659681
Youth training is useless if these players can't perform in a competitive leauge. Our golden age (Del Piero, Totti, Vieri, Pirlo, Buffon and many other even before) came from a league which were actually challenging.
>>
>>65659703

I'm no expert of Premier League. What was the problem behind it?
>>
>>65659705
But does Agnelli know he's a dumbass? Does he actually try to actively meddle or is he smart enough to let people like Marotta do their thing?
>>
>>65659681
>Berlusconi spent in 25 years of ownership what Mansour, Abramovich and Real spend in a season or two
what is inflation and market growth. let's look at Italian spending in the late 80s/90s compared to other teams at the time

>1987 - Guulit to Milan - world transfer record
>1990 - Baggio to Juve - world transfer record
>1991 - Papin to Milan - world transfer record
>1992 - Vialli to Juve - world transfer record
>1992 - Lentini to Milan - world transfer record
>1997 - Ronaldo to Inter - world transfer record
>1999 - Vieri to Inter - world transfer record
>2000 - Crespo to Lazio - world transfer record
that's 8 world transfer records broken in the space of 14 years. People jacking off to 90s Italian football while saying that PSG, City and Madrid are ruining football with their money are the biggest hypocrites in this sport
>>
>>65659728
for the record, I have no problem with big transfers. I just hate the holier than thou attitude of some people towards modern spending powers when shit like that has been happening forever
>>
>>65652371
>it's because Milan and Inter are rebuilding their teams.
Neither team will be as dominant in europe as they used to be for a long, long, long time.
>>
>>65659721
He's smart enough to let Marotta do his job, but he can't help making a fool out of himself. Everytime he speaks he will always mention how Calciopoli fucked up Juve and the should be refunded for what happened.
>>
>>65659189
>get BTFO
>"h-heh americans are s-so dumb lol!"

embarrassing desu
>>
>>65659728
>>65659734
i was just saying that Berlusconi wasn't nearly as wealthy those foreign investors, not that he was less "guilty" of the (inevitable) dominance of money in football
>>
>>65659703

>tfw no james richardson on channel 4
>>
>>65659768

>post something factually incorrect
>heh heh y-you got b-btfo friend

you're a shambles m9
>>
calciopoli
>>
>>65659858
Wait, is this the guy on the cover of Football Weekly?
>>
>>65659869

Correct. He's been the best British football presenter for the best part of 25 years.
>>
>>65659876
And to think I just know him for his puns
>>
I still can't believe Fiorentina went bankrupt and was essentially dissolved and re-formed
>>
>>65660286
So was Napoli
>>
>>65653557
milan is man utd
inter is liverpool
roma is arsenal
juve is either chelsea or man city
napoli is spurs
>>
>>65660332
Juventus is United - most successful domestically, CL underachievers, hated and accused of refball/corruption

Milan is closer to Liverpool
>>
>>65660353
i'm talking more about the situation nowadays
>>
Bullshit. The comeback of Italian football is getting closer by the day. You'll see in a couple of years.
>>
Still a better watch than leliga
>>
File: Fate kaleid liner Prisma Illya.jpg (395 KB, 900x786) Image search: [Google]
Fate kaleid liner Prisma Illya.jpg
395 KB, 900x786
Italians realized there are much better things to do in life than watching a bunch of brown midgets running after a ball for 90 minutes, like fapping to lolicon, that's why they don't attend matches anymore.
>>
>>65660304
And Parma
>>
It's still my favourite foreign league to watch, it's got charisma.
>>
File: 133610516799.jpg (61 KB, 576x720) Image search: [Google]
133610516799.jpg
61 KB, 576x720
>>65660479
>>
>>65659587
>Milan tried to shine thanks to his old players but it failed. Juventus tried to rebuild his empire but it didn't succeed first.

eww, stop using gender casings to describe neutral entities in this language
>>
>>65660479
Seek help.
>>
>>65659465
still better than watching fc niggerdicks top the table after a 0-0 hoofball borefest
>>
>>65653611
>18 (Eighteen) league titles
>Literally -the same- league titles as Milan

Are you memeing or are you dumb
>>
Because when they took out Juventus Inter proved itself to be a shit leader, all while entrepreneurs in charge of Serie A couldn't spend the funny money that allowed them to buy Veron, Almeyda, Stankovic, Crespo, Thuram etc. so they all failed and choked in utter misery.

Meanwhile Juve had to start from scratch not once but twice, that allowed them to really think their warplan out right, and now the gap is near impossible to fill, because by the time someone relevant makes a new stadium and starts getting the revenue Juve is already 6-7 years ahead getting benefits of worldwide television exposure.

tl;dr hatred for Juventus backfired big time and made it into a literal juvewinslol league.
>>
only league i'll ever give a shit about
>>
>>65660613
So what's the forecast Mario, can Italian footy regain it's rightful place as goatest league? As much as I love epl nothing compares to watching football Italia on channel four drinking tea and eating biscuits
>>
>>65660566

The truth hurts doesn't it Juan?
>>
File: 1450107131166.png (716 KB, 830x1262) Image search: [Google]
1450107131166.png
716 KB, 830x1262
>>65660651

MUH HERITAGE
>>
>>65660566
>spic
>fc niggerdicks

You can't make this shit up
>>
File: 24358.jpg (95 KB, 732x303) Image search: [Google]
24358.jpg
95 KB, 732x303
They are projected to overtake England by the end of the 2016-17 season. Germany isn't that far either. UEFA won't let it happen though, the PL is too big of a cash cow and losing a spot would mean less money for them.
>>
>>65660691
not italian at all
>>
>>65660793
Post boipussy pls
>>
>>65660671

No, it'll never be back in shape. All you can hope is that the gap is evened out now that Missi finally gets old, so either Juve or a revamped AC Milan can finally kick Suarez and Nerman to the curb (Juve would've won last year if it wasn't for Messi) and start winning back some. There's never gonna be the return of the glorious seven sisters.

Take right now: it's literally only Juve and Napoli, or Juve vs Higuain, which is a player they got years ago thanks to a lucky purchase in Cavani years earlier. Their hope to keep going is that when they sell Higuain this year they find a new Higuain (whether that's Benzema or someone else I don't know) and so on.
>>
File: 1386010306300.jpg (10 KB, 450x355) Image search: [Google]
1386010306300.jpg
10 KB, 450x355
>>65660766
>mfw fc negrobonkers will be the eplel flagship to hold their coefficient

kek

KEK

KEK
E
K
>>
>juve slow start but starting to pick up form
>inter, napoli, roma and fiorentina looking good
>start watching Serie A hoping for a 4-5 team title race
>8 weeks later
>juvewinslol
>>
>>65660844

It's like you're only focused on EPL and you never watch Serie A. It's probably the case, really.

Hint: it's A L W A Y S like this. I'll give you an example about Napoli

February 2011, random Neapolitaner supporter speaking about the upcoming clash vs Hey See Milan.

>THIS IS OUR YEAR, NOBODY CAN STOP US

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdZwLIgHQ9E

In case you needed further proof, in that season Cacani scored 26 times in 35 Serie A games. See where I am going with this?
>>
>>65660766

that's highly unlikely considering the fact that the epl will most likely outperform the bundesliga in the CL and EL this season
>>
>>65660942
So far this season, Bundesliga already outperforms EPL by ~1,2 coefficient points.

Bundesliga has 6/7 teams left in CL/EL, EPL has 6/8, with 1 Bundes team pretty much through to the next CL round and 1 EPL team on the brink of going out

I guarantee you that Bundesliga will end this season with more coefficient points than EPL
>>
>>65661004
>>65660942

sorry I meant serie A lel
>>
>>65660766

Are you suggesesting that UEFA is corrupt m8? I refuse to believe it.
>>
>>65652233
Still more relevant then Germany and France imo. The sunday evening derbies are comfy
>>
>>65652233
corruption mostly
>>
>>65661046
In the past, pretty likely actually. Not sure about now.
>>
>>65660766
4.England

HOLY FUCK IS THIS WRONG?
>>
>>65660942
next year everybody will want to get leicester m8
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.