[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People rate Iniesta and Xavi higher than a player who has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5
File: xabi-alonso-presser.jpg (209 KB, 806x605) Image search: [Google]
xabi-alonso-presser.jpg
209 KB, 806x605
>People rate Iniesta and Xavi higher than a player who has proven himself in the EPL, La Liga, and Bundesliga
>mfw
>>
>>65627287
proving oneself in different leagues is the most retarded concept ever, only brought by eplel babies. The best players in the world never played in the EPL, deal with it. Alonso will never be better than those two cause he cut it in mighty liverpool lol

he's handsome as fuck tho
>>
You forgot Busquets.
>>
Iniesta and Xavi (Busquets too for that matter) are all easily better players than Alonso. Proving yourself in different leagues is a total meme concept with the existence of CL
>>
>>65627324
The cl isnt really a proper contest, no English teams take it seriously
>>
>>65627298

>The best players in the world never played in the EPL

What about Ronaldo, Bale and Suarez, for a start?
>>
Xavi and Iniesta are balding manlets anyway...
>>
>>65627298
>EPL

no such league, fuck off
>>
He hasn't really proven himself in the Bundesliga desu
>>
>>65627287
>Performs well while playing with with different teams, different players of different skill sets, different coaching tactics, and against different opponents
>Doesn't mean anything

Jesus, I get the whole rivalry between the Premiership and La Liga but stop acting so dumb spain.
>>
>>65627448
you do realise that if you stay on one team for 10+ years you will end up playing with different players of different skill sets, under different coaching tactics and against different opponents, right?
>>
>>65627455
true but presumably not close to the extent that changing teams 3 times will
>>
>>65627466
when Xavi was starting out at Barcelona they were starting Ruud Hesp, Reiziger, De Boer, Guardiola, Figo, Luis Enrique, Cocu, Kluivert, Rivaldo and Zenden.

In the middle of his career they were starting Valdes, van Bronckhorst, Puyol, Marquez, Oleguer, van Bommel, Edmilson, Deco, Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Giuly

In his final years they were starting Bravo, Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba, Busquets, Iniesta, Messi, Neymar and Suarez

Those are three entirely different teams (with a few more in between). The only difference is that change is more gradual at one club

>>65627481
>van Gaal's, Rijkaard's, Guardiola's and Enrique's Barcelona play the exact same way
casual pls go
>>
>>65627443
Not true
>>
>>65627487

>Suarez

Close
>>
>>65627487
>Your reading comprehension

I first argued that saying that to dismiss the fact that an argument of changing teams and still being good is a way to value someone's skill is stupid. I didn't even say that Xabi was better than Xavi. But good to know you know how to look up teams lineups on the internet
>>
>>65627487
>>65627487
fuck off you autistic cunt

there's a world of difference between moving to a completely new team in a new country (and all the off the field stresses that brings with it) as opposed to staying with the same team for the majority of your career. not saying this means alonso is better than xavi or iniesta, but plenty of top players have failed to make it in other leagues. it's something that shouldn't automatically be discredited.
>>
>>65627504
you argued that changing teams can't be dismissed

I argued that it can because if you stay at one club long enough you're going to change the entire team 3 times over and provided an example based on a player mentioned in the OP

>your reading comprehension

>>65627498
they played together, what's the problem?

>>65627514
>off the field stresses
like what? the weather being slightly different? having to choose another $3m mansion?

it's only a problem if you're mentally handicapped and can't learn the basics of a different language
>>
>>65627542
With the case of Xavi(amongst many others) changes at their club change slowly, I doubt any player who chooses to play at one club will experience the overnight change of a completely different squad a coaching tactics a player would experiences when he signs to a new league.

In fact there's no shortage of cases where a player can't adapt to his new settings and will play not as well as he did in the previous environment they was in. This is probably true with almost every team sport.
>>
>>65627542
>it's only a problem if you're mentally handicapped and can't learn the basics of a different language

Why is culture shock such a well documented phenomena inside and outside of sport then mate? Try leaving your parents house before you make such dumb generalizations
>>
Versatility is the sign of a classy fucking player.
>>
>>65627601
>In fact there's no shortage of cases where a player can't adapt to his new settings and will play not as well as he did in the previous environment
there are also examples of players who were unable to have continued success at one club and fizzled out after 1-2 strong seasons before starting well at a new club again (Adebayor, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Nasri, Anelka etc)

>>65627609
>Try leaving your parents house before you make such dumb generalizations
I've lived in 3 different countries (4 if you count a 6 month stay as living there) and never had problems with "adapting to a culture)

inb4 paki/poo in loo
none of these countries are in Asia
>>
>>65627630
>it didnt happen to me therefore it doesnt happen

the autism is strong with this one
>>
>>65627630
But we can agree at the very least that gradual changes at staying at a club are easier to adapt to than a complete sudden change when moving to a new club? or are you that stubborn and dumb that you think it's the same thing?
>>
>>65627640
If I, a middle class student, can somehow manage then I see no reason why a coddled, multimillionaire athlete should have problems that could ruin his on field performance

>>65627650
I literally said that's the only difference before
>>
File: 12342.jpg (57 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
12342.jpg
57 KB, 500x499
>I rate Zidane
>>
>>65627656
you said the only difference was gradual.

I'm saying that a gradual change is easier to adapt to than a complete sudden one.

one again you prove that your reading comprehension is trash. When you in any of those 3 different places did any of them have 3rd world education standards?
>>
File: 129837192739.jpg (248 KB, 1267x711) Image search: [Google]
129837192739.jpg
248 KB, 1267x711
>>65627287

He managed to get himself tackled by Messi.

Xabi is a poor mans Xavi and Busquets and is also a walking red card during clasicos.
>>
>>65627287
>has proven himself in the EPL, La Liga, and Bundesliga

spotted the eplelbabby
>>
>>65627350
>Ronaldo
stat padder
>Bale
pace babby
>Suarez
used the epl as a stepping stone to play in an actually good league
>>
>>65629628

Suarez just said this week he misses the premier league because of the atmosphere and competitive nature and wants to go back. He said outside of a couple of games a year it's all routine and boring in the sunny spl
>>
>>65627298
he might not be better than both Xavi or Iniesta but god damn do I like his game

his passing is sweet as fuck, fun to watch and that's all I care about
>>
File: 1452587276202.jpg (87 KB, 900x948) Image search: [Google]
1452587276202.jpg
87 KB, 900x948
>I """rank""" Xavi
>>
>>65628709
Pep has said Messi is perhaps his best defender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfyVlZUQttI
>>
>>65629680
he makes sick long balls still but he's old and while he still shuts down the midfield he's slow and gets himself into bad tackles/situations

xabi's kinda weird though. every time I look at him I see a man that just expected a cushy paycheck and a somewhat back up role, but instead got forced into a critical pivot position by a tactical madman
>>
>>65627298
Have to agree. If Xabi Alonso wins the Champions League for a third time with Bayern, why would that be anymore significant than winning it three times with the same club (Iniesta)?
>>
>>65629868
Iniesta won it 4 times. And it wouldn't be that impressive since he'd most likely be a passenger this time.
>>
>>65629674
Source or it never happened fgt
>>
>>65629782
lol yeah plus he's never been good at tackles

he's like Pep in his playing days, remember Pep was always a skinny kid so what he'll do is just cover space to prevent and passes

you know that old, add bodies up front. receive the ball, pass and move into space and hope you don't have to make a tough defensive tackle like Keano would make.
>>
>>65627287
he's been fucking dogshit for bayern so far

he's the one holding mid who always has a crucial fuck-up in him

literally all that's requested of him is to hold and pass a ball, anyone could do that, and he still manages to fuck it up from time to time
>>
>>65629922
>since he'd most likely be a passenger this time.
Confirmed for not watching Barca this year. Iniesta's been fucking magical.
>>
>>65627660
Kek'd on loud

>zidane fedora dog out of nowhere
>>
>>65630123
I referred to Alonso.
>>
>>65629674
A few days ago Paul Scholes said that he wished he were born and brought up in Spain so he could have a chance to play for a spanish club to have some competition in the team to hone his skills instead of carrying a team filled with overrated shitters.
>>
>yellow imperial japan
>green moon stars
wtf are these flags.
just derailing this read.

xavi + iniesta esp. iniesta are better than xabi.
>>
>>65630041
really don't think be expected to be used so much, though javi always being injured and playing CB has to do with it

wherever I see him, he's always working hard but seems kinda detached, like he's got that veteran's jadedness "why am I actually still doing this?"
>>
>>65627350
>Ronaldo
>Bale
>Suarez
ahahahahahah Suarez got bored in barely 1 year and left Cr7 and bale left Eplel bcs they wanted real challenges and being in a real club, plus theyre no real top players when it comes to an historical speaking, CR7 became an legend playing in La liga. Also
>>
>>65630621
>Suarez
>not a top player historically speaking
he's literally the 2nd best striker of the last 25 years
>>
>>65630621
Yeah, but can they do it on a rainy afternoon in Newcastle?
>>
>>65630690
>2nd best
Is he also 1st? Bit unfair 2bh.
>>
>>65630690
the fuck are you talking about, he insulted your shitty league, not Suarez
>>
>le red cards man
>le can't deal with pressing man
>>
>>65630872
he said that Bale, Suarez and EPL's Ronaldo are not top players from a historical perspective which is bullshit because Suarez and Ronaldo clearly are
>>
>>65630951
Cr7 becabe one playing for RM.
Suarez, honestly, has only had few years at the top level, you cant seriously shit me about him better than mythic strikers.
>>
>>65630277
Pretty delusional seeing as he was carried by Roy Keane
>>
>>65631255
>Suarez
>few years at the top level
my sides, he has been consistently world class since 09/10.

inb4 dutch league
he was great in the CL as well at that time
>>
Proving yourself is a retarded concept brought up by fedoras on football.

If you want to prove yourself, why don't you go to a mid-table club then? Right, because that's retarded. But no, you see players and managers just changing top clubs between leagues because in reality it makes no difference.

Changing Barcelona to go to Bayern, for example. You will still rape in domestic league as you were doing before. Then you have the usual brain damaged brit (not all of them are, but like 1/3 of them) that will say they should go to EPL. Why anyone who wants to play at their top level would go to a club that don't match their level, with above average team mates? Hence the brits are getting fucked in CL constantly in recent years. Coaches can be arguable, though. There's not a single team in England in the same tier as Real Madrid, Bayern and Barcelona. And they struggle to be in the same level as PSG, Atletico Madrid and Juventus.

Face it, it's retarded. Competition doesn't mean top level in football.
>>
>>65630146
Alonso is playing almost every game for Bayern, normal rotation aside.
>>
>>65631671
but he's not a world class player anymore and he's not the reason why Bayern are such a good team. Getting carried to a CL title by Muller, Lewandowski, Neuer and Boateng would prove nothing regarding his superiority to Iniesta
>>
>>65631765
He's among the most important players on the current Bayern team, Abdullah.
>>
>>65631817
no, he is not
>>
>>65631817
he's a liability you muslim piece of filth
>>
>>65627287
This argument only works if the one-team-player can't prove himself in the NT.
>>
>>65631765
>>65631671
But he's never been world class. He's always been a poor man's busquets with a better long shot.
>>
>>65631817
Are you retarded or blind?
>>
>>65627287
The fact that I wasn't born with his phenotype and looks or villas-boas's is proof enough for me that god doesn't exist.
>>
>>65627287

For starters, you cannot compare him with Iniesta or Xabi Hernandez,because they all are different type of players.

As a Defensive Midfielder with organizational capabilities plus bossing the mifield and great long passing and reading of the game, Alonso is fantastic.
>>
>>65638663

This
>>
>>65627660
underrated
>>
>>65631817
no.
>>
>>65631363
well what can you expect from an englishman
>>
>proven in the Bundesliga

Just like Salomon Kalou. It's not an achievement, look at Klopp and Felix Magath, 2 of the best in Germany and a joke in the PL
>>
>>65629773
>standing on a platform
KEK

why is Pep so self conscious about his height?
>>
>>65629628
>in an actually good league

lol

La Liga and Bundesliga are fucking woeful. The top teams might be class, but the rest are trash.
>>
>>65642253
top 6-7 La Liga teams consistently outperform top 6-7 EPL teams in Europe.

>b-but they sometimes lose 5-0 to Barcelona
send Aston Villa, Sunderland or Norwich to the Camp Nou and I doubt they'd fare any better
>>
>>65627336

here's your reply.
>>
>>65627660
>This post out of fucking nowhere

Kek
>>
>>65627287
Proven against EPL and Bundesliga isn't really much proving anything never the less an accomplishment. It's expected after playing in La Liga
>>
>>65627336
you forgot to type out the rest of the sentence there m8

here's the full version
>The cl isnt really a proper contest, no English teams take it seriously in it
>>
>>65627336
kek,I bet they take more seriously the community shield or the FA cup
Also
>TF
>TP
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.