[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ameribro, here. I've decided on this as my Premiere League
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 13
File: Norwich-City-FC-Wallpapers.jpg (333 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Norwich-City-FC-Wallpapers.jpg
333 KB, 2560x1600
ameribro, here. I've decided on this as my Premiere League team. With no prior knowledge about the city / people / team.

Anything I should know about them?
>>
>>65413595
You're really going to struggle to watch them next season when they're in the Championship
>>
>>65413595
there's a thing in soccer called relegation,
>>
theyre shit
>>
>>65413595

They won't be on tv next season.
>>
should've started """""""supporting""""""" them in december when they were having a good run
>>
Fucking hipster
>>
>>65413634
>>65413615

Ill check back with you guise later on a new team t hen
>>
File: lpfc.png (150 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
lpfc.png
150 KB, 400x400
>>65413649

okay euro /sp/,

what about these fuckers
>>
>>65413758
top kek, at least you won't be called bandwagoner
>>
>>65413758
Well meme'd, friend.
>>
>>65413758
>>65413595
>if I pick bad foreign teams people won't think I'm a plastic fan
>>
>>65413758
They're the ultimate meme team, hated by everyone on /sp/ because they have such a high opinion of themselves and complain about conspiracies against them. They're not as awful as /sp/ says, but look up the Hillsborough disaster (Liverpool were victims, but now they're insufferable about it) and the Heysel disaster (Liverpool hooligans killed a bunch of innocent people) before you decide to support them.
>>
>>65413821

b-b-but I'm not plastic. I support my washington huskies and they blow
>>
>>65413928
They started a riot in a poorly constructed stadium. Some people blame the stadium, but the stadium wouldn't have collapsed if Liverpool hadn't rioted. If you'd rather blame the Belgians for having an old stadium, just remember that Liverpool's behaviour got all English football teams banned from European competition for five years, so they weren't total victims.
>>
File: norrich.png (11 KB, 340x420) Image search: [Google]
norrich.png
11 KB, 340x420
>>
>>65413595
Watch some Alan Partridge and get a Delia Smith cook book
>>
>>65413758
basically the 49ers
>>
>I've decided on this as my Championship team.

fify

Also, support Southampton instead, they're not a meme team anymore
>>
liverpoop fans did nothing wrong in 85 la
remember the 96 la
5 cups la 5 cups
ynwa la ok la
#kloppout #rodgersin
>>
Also, if you're going to pick Norwich, my sister lives there and it's probably the weirdest city in England. It's hundreds of miles from anywhere, it's full of hippies and artsy types, and it's notorious for inbreeding. It's actually quite a nice place to visit, but it just feels so weird.

You should look into Crystal Palace. They're doing quite well now, and they're the only English football team that has cheerleaders.
>>
COME ON

WHERE ARE YOU???
>>
just shamelessly hop on the Leicester bandwagon
>>
>eagle on their badge
>cheerleaders

support palace
>>
Enjoy watching their next 13 games on TV because I don't know if the Championship has a TV deal in burgerland.

Nice kits though.
>>
I watch championship games. You can still follow them if you truly like them.
>>
I remember that American who jumped on Sunderland two seasons ago when they did a great escape under Poyet.

He loved it. Go for it OP, a relegation battle can be so intense.
>>
>>65413649
Why did I laugh at this lol
>>
Heres a selection of teams you can jump on without getting called out but safe in the knowledge that they won't be getting relegated anytime soon OP

Southampton
Everton
Stoke
West Ham
>>
Everton already have a big American following. Have Howard in nets and Donovan Americas goat used to play for Everton.
>>
>>65414756
>tfw all we have is fucking yedlin over there
>all pace, no product

I'm not counting Howard since I doubt he will be there next year. Is Cameron still there?
>>
>have a choice of anyone and not picking the foxes

M8 you've made a huge mistake. No going back now you've publicly pledged your life long support to fucking norwich
>>
>>65414803
He plays for Stoke.
>>
Maybe you should bandwagon Monchengladbach. They have an American guy and are doing pretty good.
>>
File: grass.jpg (466 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
grass.jpg
466 KB, 1600x1066
>>65413595
carrot crunchers, enjoy your flat rural backwater
>>
>>65414996
It depresses me that we have 330M people and we still cannot produce a world class player.

Fuck Donovan
>>
>>65413595
ALAN PARTRIDGE.
DELIA SMITH.
>>
>>65414334
Ultras are a better reason, proper support and (by English standards) tifos.
>Thanks British Police–State (!) (esp. in football stadia.)
>>
>>65413595
They're inbreds
>>
File: lpfc2.jpg (263 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lpfc2.jpg
263 KB, 1920x1080
OP Here,

Liverpool it is.

Sure they may have rowdy fans but who doesn't. Also I like Fever Pitch
>>
>>65415692
What's wrong with MLS, lad? I know, It's a lower quality of football but US soccer can only improve with support
>>
>>65414334
>>65415518
>muh forced atmosphere
>>
>>65415784

I love MLS, too. I'm a Revolution supporter, as my state has no team.
>>
>>65416208
What's your state?
>>
>>65413595
The weird ones have sex with their sisters

The normies have sex with their cousins
>>
>>65415784
Not him, but closest team to me is hours away. It isn't like Europe where a club is within a few miles of each other.

Also, there is absolutely no incentive to get deeply invested with my 4th tier team near me since they can get promoted by performing well. The MLS Jew just wants a big stadium and money. MLS is fucking trash
>>
>>65416338
I'm sure yourself could get on the field on 4th tier.

Well, everyone in Europe is a few miles of each other, you gotta think of that as well, America has a lot of space
>>
>>65413595
>Anything I should know about them?

They won't be in the PL for very long...
>>
>>65413595
good choice Ñ„am, they are terrible, irrelevant and have a nice bird on their crest, so that's 3 out of 3.

the true connoisseur of football knows that it's about the 1-0 victory over chelsea to give you false hope after a series of defeats. i'm supporting a team that has been blowing opponent teams the fuck out for the last couple of years and it's boring to the point where you can't even enjoy a 3-0 victory over augsburg anymore.

if you're looking for a similar team in germany, check out werder bremen or even rostock.
>>
File: sign.jpg (421 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
sign.jpg
421 KB, 1600x1200
>>65416261
>>
>>65416435
Oops I meant can't get promoted by doing well.

It's fun to go every now and then since tickets are $5 but it's like watching high schoolers play. The way MLS is structured will hold it back from being the best league outside of Europe anyway. Who cares.
>>
>>65414279
i live here, pretty accurate description apart from le inbreeding meme
>>
>murricunt not picking the top team
Pick Leicester bruh, I'm sure they'll be a top team for a long time :^)
>>
>>65416573
Well, Atlanta is gonna get in soon, and St. Louis might get a team. There are those prospects.

>>65416597
I agree, a change to an European system must be done to make lower leagues watchable.
>>
>>65416729
Too bad the league won't do that and MLS is its own thing away from NASL and other shit. They won't want to work together I guess.

And this shit like

>hur no one will support them once they are relegated xD

MLS is cancer
>>
>>65416729

I'd support a St. Louis team
>>
File: 0193214657.jpg (177 KB, 1700x1734) Image search: [Google]
0193214657.jpg
177 KB, 1700x1734
>another Liverpoo fan is born
>>
>once Atlanta comes in, they will be the closest team to me.
>still 4 hours away

MLS desperately just needs to make 2. MLS and have another 32 teams there and make it promotion to MLS. This is such bullshit
>>
File: HalfoftheUS.jpg (120 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
HalfoftheUS.jpg
120 KB, 800x520
>>65416729
The areas in blue contain half of the US population.

This is why pro/rel will never work. You can stick thirty teams in the top 30 cities and 60% or more of the country will be within a one or two hour driving distance of the stadium. Teams outside of those areas will never be able to compete if they get promoted, while a team from a big city that got relegated would either straight dominate the lower league or get rekt by the lower revenues or take down the entire MLS through its absence.
>>
>>65417345
Everyone should get a chance to make it. The small, shit teams will never survive unless they become not shit. Your NYC, LA, Chicago teams will probably never get relegated if they abolished the salary cap and designated player bs, since they are desirable places to live.

If they do get relegated, then too bad. Leeds used to be a top team and they shit themselves. No one is entitled to be a top team.

Having like 1/3 of the country inaccessible to a team is lame as fuck. Especially when they continue to stuff more teams into LA and NY. It's why I cannot take MLS seriously.
>>
>>65415692
Okay heres a heads up.

>Whenever theres problems at a football ground ITS NEVER Liverpools fault, blame everything from the Police to the FA and the government.
>If you go to a match and theres a lot of people in front of you, almost looking overcrowded. Make sure to push forward as much as you can so everyone gets crushed.
>If anyone says anything bad about livepool just say istanbul or You Will Never Walk Alone (YNWA)
>Steven Gerrard is the greatest footballer in history next to Robbie Fowler and Michael Owen
>>
>>65413595

Just remember it's pronounced Northwick
>>
File: ever.png (11 KB, 272x185) Image search: [Google]
ever.png
11 KB, 272x185
OP here yet again.

I've changed my mind, lads.

I know how they have/have had some Americans.

What else to know about the team / city / people
>>
>>65421702
The Beatles are from Liverpool
Everton left Anfield and the owner of the stadium got bootyblasted and started Liverpool FC
They're always somewhere in the midtable
Second longest spell in the top division after Arsenal
The average scouser looks a little inbred
Liverpool is a shithole
>>
>>65417345
>the U.S. will never have a state league system like Brazil
>>
>>65421844

>liverpool is a shithole

I don't care if it is or not, that's your opinion anyway.

I just wish I could live in the UK... I'd get made fun of because of my American accent but It'd be better than being in southern America.
>>
>>65413644
at least he doesn't murder Albanians in his spare time or have absolute pure shit soccer in his country
>>
>>65413595
>>65421702
I know this is bait but seriously, you don't choose your team, your team chooses you, after watching a league for several years.
>>
why didn't you choose a team with a good fanbase? like Portsmouth?
>>
>>65422018
Bremen won't be in bundes next year.

Choose borussia monchengladbach. There's an American on that team.
>>
File: HSHNordBankArenaview.jpg (134 KB, 1095x821) Image search: [Google]
HSHNordBankArenaview.jpg
134 KB, 1095x821
>>65422018
Hamburger SV
>>
File: Bundesliga_logo.svg.png (92 KB, 1161x1024) Image search: [Google]
Bundesliga_logo.svg.png
92 KB, 1161x1024
>>65421989

it isn't bait.
Now, I have an EPL team. Any krauts / fan of kraut football recommend me a bundesliga team?

I am leaning heavily toward Werder Bremen but am open to suggestions.
>>
>>65422071

roger that. SVWB is out. Also, I don't care how many americans are on the team.

>>65422073

color me intrigued. More info about the area / people / team pls
>>
>>65422061

They may have a good fan base , but I can't be a fan of something I don't find "fun" or easy to say. Is it portsmuth or port's mouth.

>Everton

it's short and simple
>>
File: 4OfRK2p.jpg (100 KB, 960x869) Image search: [Google]
4OfRK2p.jpg
100 KB, 960x869
>>65422083
>>
>>65422210
.....Pom-Pey
>>
File: image.png (97 KB, 1280x870) Image search: [Google]
image.png
97 KB, 1280x870
Rate my hipster pick /sp/
>>
>>65422071

Why do most Euro soccer leagues feature relegation?

I really like bremen
>>
>>65422283
you literally chose that team after watching old episodes of The Real Football Factories
>>
>>65422311
because in America a team gets no negative consequence for phoning in the season; in fact, they're awarded the first draft pick
and lower league teams get no significant perk for playing really well; in fact, the teams happen to get gutted, both of athletic talent and front office staff
>>
>>65422364

Didn't take the time to think about it.

I'm slowly realizing American sports blow.
>>
>>65422364
I always wanted baseball to have relegation because there is a semi-flourishing minor league system.

It makes sense not to have relegation for football because there isn't a minor league football league to be relegated to.

Baseball could easily have relegation though. Hell, half the rosters of the minor league teams are filled with major league players anyway.

Why not let the minor league champs move up and the worst major league team go down? It would really add some charm to the game by adding some soppy American Dream shit to the sport.
>>
>>65422447
Here's the problem, dude: you can't implement a rule set that Americans aren't familiar with to a league that is struggling in attendance; if they implemented a relegation/promotion system, it wouldn't give any team a chance to grow. It would have killed the league a long time ago
In twenty years, we might be ready for it; but not until there's a bigger fanbase

the one sport that I think would do fine with a relegation/promotion system is baseball
but they would have to restructure AAA baseball and really really push to improve stadia and attendance numbers
but everything else is in place; there are a lot of baseball fans all over the country, the talent is there, businessmen would love to pump money into a team that could potentially prop up an emerging sports market
but it'll never happen
>>
>>65422596
>>65422637

rgr
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.