[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On Thursday [September 17th, 2004), the league announced that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
On Thursday [September 17th, 2004), the league announced that the Broncos have been fined $950,000 and will lose a third-round selection in next year's draft for circumventing the salary cap between 1996 and '98. The players included were QB John Elway and RB Terrell Davis. This was their second fine of ~1 million dollars.

Al Davis has contended that the Broncos' circumvention of the salary cap helped them win the Super Bowl in the 1997 and '98 seasons.

The Broncos circumvented the cap to help pay for costs related to the construction of Invesco Field at Mile High and to make sure they were under the salary cap heading into the 1996 season.

The agreement not to waive the player before a certain date: "That commitment had the effect of converting the player's roster bonus into a guarantee, which affected the timing of the salary cap treatment of a portion of the bonus." Several players have admitted the were approached by.

In the years where they didn't follow the cap rules, the Broncos' top player, quarterback John Elway, was paid around 5.4% of the legal cap space, which was 1.2% less than the next closest team. Even more telling, Elway’s cap charges in the Broncos' 1997 and 1998 Super Bowl seasons were just $2.1 and $2.6 million respectively. By comparison Miami Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino, who would be the most logical comparison, had cap charges of $4.3 and $7.6 million. The implication is that Elway took a relatively low cap hit, but received outside-the-cap funds to compensate for that.

So the only time the Broncos don't get blown out in the Super Bowl, is when they are circumventing the cap illegally for John Elway and Terrell Davis, the teams 2 best players.

How would this scandal be handled by Roger Goodell if it happened in today's NFL?
>>
File: elway.jpg (908 KB, 2652x2191) Image search: [Google]
elway.jpg
908 KB, 2652x2191
>>
>>65237200
He got away with it, that madman
>>
what a shit team
>>
So the only time they have ever won, came when they cheated the salary cap?
>>
>>65237178
>The Broncos circumvented the cap to help pay for costs related to the construction of Invesco Field at Mile High
>Implying they won the Owl because of a new stadium
>>
>>65237178
>Al Davis has contended that the Broncos' circumvention of the salary cap helped them win the Super Bowl in the 1997 and '98 season

did he also mention the aliens?
>>
>>65237178
most tainted championships in the history of American sports tbqh
>>
Ok we get it. There's a huge conspiration against the Patriots. Now please fuck off.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 960x854) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 960x854
I'm just glad the Hawks got a ring without an asterisk.
>>
>>65237178
the cheaoncos
>>
The league would gave turned a blind eye much like the Patriots other cheating that got swept under the rug.
>>
Goodell can't do shit. No one respects him that's why nothing came of deflategate
>>
>>65239735
>Seadderall
>>
>>65237178
Butthurt Patsfag detected
>>
>>65237178
>the Broncos' top player, quarterback John Elway, was paid around 5.4% of the legal cap space, which was 1.2% less than the next closest team. Even more telling, Elway’s cap charges in the Broncos' 1997 and 1998 Super Bowl seasons were just $2.1 and $2.6 million respectively. By comparison Miami Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino, who would be the most logical comparison, had cap charges of $4.3 and $7.6 million.

what does this even mean? Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, even Joe Flacco have taken pay cuts or restructured their contracts in the same manors, and those are just the ones off the top of my head

who cares what Marino was making those years, those could have been Marino's BIG hits when just a few years prior he got the same as Elway ($2.5million)
>>
File: 1367635356621.png (295 KB, 450x369) Image search: [Google]
1367635356621.png
295 KB, 450x369
>>65237178
Being a football fan during the era when the salary cap was introduced, I remeber the lawyers for almost every team coming up with creative ways to get around it. It was an annual thing and the irony of Al "wish I would have thought of that" Davis suing the Broncos was a common joke thread throughout the NFL. But I wasn't 7 at the time like you must be.
>>
The NHL went through something like this a few years ago.

When advantages are so hard to come by, taking advantage of loopholes in the salary cap system is part of the front office game. No GM is going to "honour" some arbitrary limit set by the league, all of them are trying to fit as much as they can under it, through any means necessary. This is only confirmation that the Broncos were doing a good job.
>>
>>65241727
Hard to say they were doing a good job considering they got caught
>>
Pats fans

The butthurt is real. All week edition.

Peyton didn't do anything. Brady tried to cover his nonsense up. Peyton has been out in the open

This is why pats fans are trash.

Carry on now.
>>
>>65237178
angry patriots/panthers shit eating fuck boy animal fucker faggot spotted

this little faggot is TERRIFIED because the broncos will win SB 50 and he can't do SHIT about it LMAO.
>>
>>65242357
>broncos will win SB 50
Panthers fan here, kek
>>
>>65237178
>In the years where they didn't follow the cap rules, the Broncos' top player, quarterback John Elway, was paid around 5.4% of the legal cap space, which was 1.2% less than the next closest team. Even more telling, Elway’s cap charges in the Broncos' 1997 and 1998 Super Bowl seasons were just $2.1 and $2.6 million respectively. By comparison Miami Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino, who would be the most logical comparison, had cap charges of $4.3 and $7.6 million. The implication is that Elway took a relatively low cap hit, but received outside-the-cap funds to compensate for that.

The implication is that the Dolphins are idiots and that if they and Marino were that crafty those teal-colored faggots would have had a better chance at a SB.

Stay mad.
>>
>>65242625
cheatttyyy
>>
>>65242625
>crafty
Crafty when we do it, cheating when you do it.
>>
>>65242357
Was right there with you until you got to the part about the Broncos winning.
>>
Packers fan here..

Why isn't 98 super bowl handed to us?
>>
>>65242316

>got caught

What the fuck? They were being good with their money... using loopholes. Who gives a fuck if they got caught using a loophole? It's not as if they broke the rules.

Christ, you're retarded.
>>
File: JagFan.gif (2 MB, 200x293) Image search: [Google]
JagFan.gif
2 MB, 200x293
>>65242853

>31-24

That's why.
>>
>>65237178
>How would this scandal be handled by Roger Goodell if it happened in today's NFL?
Over half their salary cap would have been taken away about 15 minutes before free agency starts. Literally what Goydell pulled with the Redskins. And yes I'm a Redskins fan and will be forever butthurt about that.
>>
File: GOD FUCKING DAMNIT.jpg (48 KB, 366x450) Image search: [Google]
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT.jpg
48 KB, 366x450
>>65237178
THE ONLY FUCKING TIME

T H E O N L Y F U C K I N G T I M E

THE FALCONS GO TO THE SUPERBOWL

AND WE GET CHEATED BY THESE FUCKING FAGGOTS

AND THEYRE BACK IN IT AGAIN

WHY IS THE NFL SUCH FUCKIGN SHIT
>>
>The implication is that Elway took a relatively low cap hit, but received outside-the-cap funds to compensate for that.
>The implication
>>
>>65244754
I mean thats pretty shitty to corrupt the cap like that
>>
>>65244798
>implying implications
>>
>>65244751
Ryan and juilo jones should have a ring for this shit.
>>
The Broncos are such a pathetic franchise
>>
>>65245241
I almost feel bad for Elway at this point.
>>
>>65245466
Elway got away with it, dont feel bad for him
>>
4 chan would be a lot better overall if the ip range for the New England area could be blacklisted
>>
>>65247564
>implying pats fans are from NE
lol
>>
>>65247578
Wow. You're dumb
>>
>>65243646
>had a draft pick taken away from them and got the largest fine in NFL history at that point
>t-they didn't break the rules they dindu nuffin!
Lmao keep telling yourself that
>>
>>65247608
>the most bandwagoned team on /sp/ doesn't have bandwagon fans
lol shut up nigger
>>
>>65247633
I thought people hated the Pats on here, why would the bandwagon them?
>>
>>65247654
>why would people bandwagon the most successful team of the last 15 years???
who do you think is making all these anti-peyton/broncos threads then lol
>>
>>65247633
Nah you're a retarded jew
You can't block all ips but you can get a huge chunk of them
Cmon think about it if you can
>>
>>65242357
carolina gonna smash that big ole head like a watermelon bitch
>>
>>65247564
hey thats racist.
go back to africa
>>
>>65247731
if you really think that the majority of pats fans on here are from NE you're delusional lad
pretty much all the foreign fans are pats bandwagoners
>>
>>65247743
>lad
Hey, when is that deflategate appeal happening?
>>
>>65237178
Cant wait until pats get fined for laundering money through bradys vitamin shell corporation all these years
>>
>>65247782
It goes deeper than that. Brady has connections with the Mexican Mafia
>>
broncos are cheating fucks, all of them
>>
>>65250937
Prove it, without linking biased sources like "CBS Sports"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23784123/von-miller-tried-to-corrupt-drug-testing-program
>>
>>65252529

>implying broncosfags didn't shitpost E!SPN articles constantly

having cake, eating it too, glass house, stones, pot, kettle, black, etc.
>>
>>65244751
desu the broncos probably could have won that game without terrell davis considering how embarrassing it was to the entire falcons franchise
>>
>>65252562
Von Miller has never been under allegations of PEDs, prove me wrong.
>>
>>65252529
>substance abuse
>not performance enhancing substances
non story
who cares
>>
>>65252609

>the NFL has to officially announce shit for things to be true

OJ is innocent!!!!!
>>
>>65241570
>he was older than 7 in 98
Shouldn't you be at work?
>>
>>65237178
Wow, Patsfags are seriously this assblasted about this?
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.