[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the odds of Steph Curry coming home?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
File: steph curry hornets.jpg (127 KB, 714x710) Image search: [Google]
steph curry hornets.jpg
127 KB, 714x710
It's clear he doesn't feel all that comfortable in the Gay Area and he seems like the type who'd want to move back where it all started.

What are the odds of him coming home in 2018?
>>
Zero.
Stay cucked.
>>
What are the odds of him ever being greater than the 95-96 Bulls?
>>
maybe when he's way past his prime
>>
>>65217422
Zero?

Why is Curry a Panthers fan and not a 49ers fan?

He doesn't play for the Lakers, so there really is nothing keeping him out there
>>
>>65217442
So, the odds of him signing to Panthers (to be a cheerleader, maybe) are higher than Hornets'.
>>
>>65217442
Other than the 3.5 million dollar house he bought in the Oakland hills, but please continue to think he'll end up coming home, not like he doesn't have the money to go out and see his team whenever he wants to
>>
You guys are idiot homers if you think that Curry leaving the Warriors isn't totally possible, especially if he wants to pay homage to his father.
>>
>>65217470
nigga the warriors have fucking dynasty potential, he'd be insane to leave while in his prime.
>>
>>65217476
And the Hornets have a good young core, not to mention an emotional connection that Curry has toward, unlike the Warriors

He's a North Carolinian first and foremost.

The Heat had dynasty potential as well, but LeBron went home. The same will happen with Curry
>>
>>65217470
lol im legit worried about this to be honest

i hope he sticks around though, dubs got a nice future if he sticks around. if he doesn't i hope barnes can turn himself into an elite scorer. i can see him being one tbqh
>>
>>65217495
I mean the warriors should think about this as a realistic possibility

There is more to life than rings, and we have to assume the money will be the same as well once the cap goes up.

Curry will have a once in a lifetime opportunity to be a hero to the very people he grew up with. Staying with the Warriors will not be practical, like LMA staying with the Blazers wasn't practical just because they drafted him

Athletes have trended toward going home lately, and I see Curry doing just that
>>
>>65217488
>Curry is going to leave what is statistically (so far) the best team in NBA history to play with Kemba Walker and his band of sub-.500 scrubs

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>65217884
To go home and possibly be North Carolina's greatest sporting hero?

Sounds like something every kid dreams of doing
>>
I wish boston pushed harder for that rumored rondo-curry trade
>>
As a hornets fan this would be hands down the biggest free agent signing in the history of Charlotte sports and I would go crazy with hype. I doubt it will happen though.
>>
>>65218478
Curry has expressed time and time again to come back to Charlotte
>>
>>65217413
Literally 0 (z e r o)

All you faggots can do is hope Kemba Walker pans out like Curry did
>>
>>65218638
Yeah but even if he did ccome back he'd probably suffer some horrific injury. This franchise is so unlucky.

>tfw no Anthony Davis
>>
The Warriors cast will begin to cash out soon.
>>
File: CVQ6PaUVEAA-DaF.jpg (82 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
CVQ6PaUVEAA-DaF.jpg
82 KB, 600x800
Once the Panthers win the Super Bowl, Curry's hometown will be considered a hotspot. He'll jump and Charlotte will be unstoppable, with Cam and Curry, plus Jordan as an owner. Charlotte is also hosting the All Star game in 2017

Stay woke
>>
>>65218986
Yeah, not to mention that Curry has little or no loyalty to the Bay Area or the Warriors

What evidence has been shown that Curry would want to stay with such a shit franchise like the Warriors, when going home is such an attractive proposition?
>>
>>65218284
>sporting hero

He plays a game for the consumer's entertainment, that's far from hero status.
>>
>>65217476
>nigga the warriors have fucking dynasty potential

no they don't the only reason they are contenders is because of Curry's low contract.
>>
>>65219139
>sporting

Its about sports you stupid fucking moron.

Not "hero" in general
>>
>>65219126
Trying to drag the hornets to relevancy is attractive compared to racking up titles with GS. stay cucked.
>>
>>65219233
Curry, like a LeBron or a LaMarcus, has an attachment to home that most other stars don't.
>>
>>65219233
>Eastern Conference
>Bron on the Decline
>Warriors players will start getting bigger contracts with other teams (Barnes hasn't gotten a deal, some team will offer him #1 option money)
>>
File: 007.png (32 KB, 356x268) Image search: [Google]
007.png
32 KB, 356x268
>>65219126
>Yeah, not to mention that Curry has little or no loyalty to the Bay Area or the Warriors

Lol bruh you acting like he already left or even came out blatantly and said hes leaving

>all these crumby bum ass teamfans getting excited over nothing
>>
>the delusion in the thread
>>
>>65217540
the thing about curry there is no lie or front about him. i'm sure lacob and myers have addressed him about this, bet they're willing to pay him too. not only that but i dont see curry bailing on a team with chances to make history and win.
>>
>>65219273
That's why Curry wears Panthers jerseys and still visits Davidson frequently.
>>
I'm Pretty sure Seth wants to be somewhere he can get the opportunity to win.
>>
File: elite.jpg (93 KB, 450x305) Image search: [Google]
elite.jpg
93 KB, 450x305
>>65219440

and that means he has no loyalty to the warriors
>>
He only leaves when the team breaks up because green and clay want more money and there is not enough to go around
>>
File: 1448871878172.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1448871878172.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>65217488
>He's a North Carolinian first and foremost.

You are so fucking dumb
>>
>>65220746
So next year?
>>
>>65220872
Klay is under contract until 2019
Green is under contract until 2020

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/golden-state-warriors/

Honestly, they're going to lose Barnes
>>
>>65217470
He'll leave after they 5peat
Then he and Kemba will team up to bring Charlotte, MJ, and his dad a 'chip.
>>
>>65220746
This. They'll lose Barnes this summer, but he isn't very important anyway. As long Curry, Klay, and Draymond are together, they're going to be an elite team. And as long as GS is an elite team, Curry isn't going anywhere.

The Panther's already have a massive bandwagon following. Could that city handle even another bandwagon if Curry showed up?
>>
>>65217468
Yeah man once you buy a house, you can never leave that house. So yeah, Curry is stuck their forever. Looks like us Charlotians have to just hope Dyler Hansdodo becomes a great talent.
>>
>>65226946
Because people spend millions of dollars on a house as a short-term investment....

You're a fool
>>
I support this notion, but only because I want Durant to come home to D.C. this offseason
>>
I think its low but you never know
>>
As a Cavs fan, I can't wait to bandwagon the curry-hornets. I'm sick of being a fan of this team always losing in the finals. Once Lebron is gone and curry goes home I can finally switch teams again
>>
>>65226992

not him but durant bought a house in okc then sold after a few years. stuff happens
>>
I'm not so delusional as to think it's likely he comes home, but damn having him and Cam, as well as the legacy of Jordan, would be really fucking great for Charlotte and the Carolinas in general.
>>
>>65226283
Probably. Most definitely, actually. Charlotte is filled with WASPs that are either well-educated college students (of which they are primarily cbb fans) or rich bankers. A good Hornets team would get a big bandwagon following in the city.

They also have a pretty interesting color scheme. People would buy it.
>>
>>65227148
lol k
>>
He'll leave if the warriors management disrespects him with shit money when his contract comes up, if they collapse his team, or when he's in that twilight phase of his prime.

He aint leaving unless something drastic happens.
>>
>>65227239
Curry cares more about the Panthers winning than the Warriors winning

That says it all
>>
>>65234909
You're an idiot. Curry is obviously passionate about his hometown football team which has nothing to do with basketball. You're hopes of him coming to N.C. professionally are wishful thinking at its worst.
>>
When will Cam go home to play for the Falcons?

That's how you guys sound like right now
>>
File: camhornets.jpg (133 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
camhornets.jpg
133 KB, 1000x667
>>65236440
I don't see Cam wearing Hawks gear, I see him with Jordan and Hornets shit.
>>
>curry gets traded
>suddenly massive amount of hornets shit-posting

i think i'm pretty good at not being autistic/raging at things for no reason, but there's something deeply annoying to me about "being a fan of a player"
>>
>>65236440

i'm pretty sure charlotte is a lot more similar to atlanta than it is to the bay area...
>>
You guys know that once you live in the South, a part of you will always be pining to be back south.

That's why anyone who isn't a complete moron can see that Curry will be pining to come back home
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwlEJV9BK84

>All that Panthers shit at the end of the Curry commercial

bruh
>>
I live in Charlotte. I attend ~10 bugs games a year. I go to four panthers games a year. I watched curry play at Davidson. And even I am not enough of a Homer to think he would come here. He is part of one of the best teams of all time. He would be an idiot to leave that. This is pure speculation, he may come her but not until he's 35 and a B minus roleplayer. You're an idiot OP
>>
>>65236812
You think the West Coast appreciates Steph Curry on an emotional level like he is in the South?

Not to mention that Black people are fleeing the West Coast by the millions, so he feels insanely uncomfortable out there
>>
File: CVQ3VMyWoAE_wLI.jpg (79 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CVQ3VMyWoAE_wLI.jpg
79 KB, 600x600
>You now remember "Dell Curry night" aka the Hornets attempt to butter Steph up
>Selling "Dell" Hornets jerseys when it could literally double as a Steph Hornets jersey
>>
>>65236856
Yeah, and Steph took it well.

I don't think Steph is all that happy playing for the Warriors. You can tell he wants to come back home.

If it wasn't for the incredibly stacked team that the Warriors are, he would be home already

None of you guys are Southerners so you don't get why Steph Curry is attached to home more than most other athletes are
>>
Steph Curry and his wife are both heavily religious
They dont make a fuss about it right now, for PR purposes, but you can bet that neither of them enjoy living in America's largest hub of homosexuality
If the Hornets can assemble the pieces to resemble a title contender, Steph will be there as soon as his contract is up
>>
>>65236892
I think the Hornets are trending in the right direction

Steph can either be known as a ring chaser in NBA history and a traitor to his home town - OR - come home and build a legacy unlike any other player ever.
>>
>>65217442
>>65217422
>>65217413
Curry is a nigger who only cares about himself and those immediately around him.

He's not a man looking to help is community, black peoples, Carolina, or even his greater legacy like Lebron.

Heck, he has a better chance going back to Cleveland than Carolina.
>>
Contract is up after next year. Will have 3 rings by then.

If he doesn't extend this offseason there will be talk. All Star game next year is in Charlotte. He'll score 50 points.
>>
Less than zero
>>
>>65237059
I thought he was an uncle tom?
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.