[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/usmnt/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: USMNT3.png (492 KB, 978x378) Image search: [Google]
USMNT3.png
492 KB, 978x378
So how much of a train wreck are >we going to look in 2016? Are there even any positives to note considering how awful 2015 was?

Post your opinions for any upcoming news, games, players and memes.

As for my opinion, I am just astounded as to how Klinsmann still has the job. He doesn't even call in the best MLS players - inb4 euroboos - and still calls up overpaid fuckups like Dozy and has-been lazy shits like Bradley. The only saving grace is the u20 kids like Carter-Vickers, Steffen, Rubio, Zelalem and Hyndman who all train in Europe and upcoming wonderkids like Pulisic and (maybe) Lederman.

I am not looking forward to the Copa Memetenario and seeing us inevtiably pass through better teams with blatant refball like Memexico last gold cup. Alright, end rant
>>
File: image.png (325 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
image.png
325 KB, 709x765
Hopefully you guys are shit enough to let us classify to the Hex 2bdesu
>>
Gentle bump
>>
File: Thanks Alli.png (206 KB, 573x341) Image search: [Google]
Thanks Alli.png
206 KB, 573x341
>caring about the national team in a non-World Cup year
>>
>>65200117
B-but there's Copa America

kek

KEK
>>
>>65199301
say what you will about jozy's club career, he's already had one of the best national team careers in US history.
>>
>>65200163
lol what
>>
>>65200163
Doesn't change the fact that he's shit.

He's just gotten way more chances for no reason
>>
I hope they fall on their faces and manage to fail to qualify in 2018.

The soccer in America meme needs to die 2bh and the surest way to make that happen is for the US soccer team to fail.
>>
Why hasn't Ethan Finlay been called up for the USMNT. Why does Klinsmann hate America.
>>
>>65200163
>statpadding against Literallywhibean islands

>7 years on the team and only 4th highest scorer on the NT

He's a joke on the NT and in club
>>
I have a friend who plays for UC Berkeley soccer and he told me there's this fucking 6'3 black kid with an afro who's 18 right now who plays for UCLA that is basically a fucking monster tactically and is strong as shit in the air. He plays as a center back and is apparently the future of our defense
>>
>>65205615
>future American Dante
Can't wait
>>
>a tiki taco midfield with Zelagoat, Lederman

>a strong defense with CV leading it

>okay strikers

We might make semis in 2026
>>
>>65206522
>Zelagoat
>can't even perform in the Scottish second division
>>
>>65206557
He's done pretty well for them but he's just 18.
>>
>>65200913

CONCACAF qualifying is set up so it's impossible to fail

Mexico seemingly lost every game last time and still managed to get Brazil
>>
Get it together americlaps this is going to be the easiest qualifier in our history
>>
This team would be great :
Curry
Cousins
Draymond Green
Kawhi
Durant
>>
Who cares
>>
>>65199301
There weren't any important games in 2015, was there?
>>
>>65206557
>implying you or I even watch Rangers games

kek how would you know his performances? By some cuck journalist's comments?
>>
>>65207399
tres a dos, ese
>>
>>65200117

Cuck detected. You can fuck right out of this country, m8.
>>
>>65206925
our problem was that our team couldn't open bunkers and we tied all our games at home except for a ridiculous defeat to Honduras, the problem with the US is that even small caribbean islands are outplaying them.
>>
>>65207419
What was the significance of that game?

And don't pretend the confed cup is significant
>>
>>65206925
Blame Panama pulling an Arsenal and choking horribly in the last 10 minutes
>>
I'd rather be a national team legend than a club legend. If you think otherwise you are a nigger.
>>
>>65199301
First of all we need to call it the USNT not the USMNT. Fuck that political correct bullshit.
>>
>>65209115

We can start calling it the USNT when people actually start to care about the men's team more than the women's.
>>
>>65207950
Pay for being a great club player but a shit national team player (Wayne Rooney, for example): $20 million per year

Pay for being a good national team player but a shit club player (Altidore): $0 per year
>>
>>65209228
Altidore is shit regardless.
>>
>>65200191
>>65205517
look up his international scoring record. He's one of the best ever in goals scored and goals per game, he's scored against Germany, Nigeria, Turkey, Spain, Mexico, Bosnia, Colombia, Chile, Denmark.

You can complain that we are so shit that there's not a great other option for him when he's on terrible form, but if you are honestly complaining about his productivity, you can be objectively btfo on that and you sound like an idiot who reads too many message boards.
>>
>>65209228
>NT players don't get paid meme

confederations have to pay, and there are often controversies about rewards and stuff.
>>
>>65209271
every1 on the usmnt is shit
>>
>>65200117
that's why you suck at football m8 here in mexico is football 24/7 365 days a year
>>
>>65209398
Well yeah, that is true.
>>
>>65209398
not Johnson, he is almost as good as Javier Aquino.
>>
>>65209449
Johnson is the only decent player right now. Brooks should be pretty good but he usually underperforms for the national team, same with Chandler.
>>
>>65209500
isn't Chandler supposed to play in the club as Marco Fabian? what happened to him?
>>
>>65209383

But they don't get paid anywhere near as much as club players. The main incentive for these guys to play for the national team is to attract the interest of bigger clubs (like with James to Real in 2014 or to use a much smaller example, Yedlin to Tottenham in the same year).
>>
>>65209398

Johnson is probably the only player good enough to hold down a spot at a decent European club. Bradley could theoretically do it, but he'd rather make more money and stay in North America.
>>
>>65209415
>that's why you suck at football m8 here in mexico is football 24/7 365 days a year

True. But despite that, the US has actually done better at the World Cup than Mexico for the past 15 years or so. There's something deeply flawed about the way Mexico develops players if a soccer-crazy country with more than 100 million people can't even reach the World Cup Quarterfinals.
>>
>>65207950
Go away dozy. You're not even a legend on the NT
>>
>>65209321
>le clutch goals

>Nigeria, Turkey, Bosnia and Denmark are now bemchmarks

>friendlies

Go back to r/mls already, jesus fucking christ
>>
>>65211641
USA did better in one WC and did worse in another so it all evens out.
>>
>>65209415
>Mexico has never went on past the quarterfinals and the few times it had was when they hosted the WC twice

>U.S has a 3rd place and won the only important game between us in 2002
>>
>>65207527

Dhurr
You fucking cuck
>>
>>65214054
*Few times past the round of 16. My bad. Still embarrassing for a fĂștbol loco nation
>>
>>65214049
>USA did better in one WC and did worse in another so it all evens out.

Yes, but the fact that it evens out is ridiculous. Soccer is Mexico's sport. It's pretty much all they care about. Soccer is our 5th-most popular sport at best. If you count NASCAR and golf as sports, then it drops down to 7th. This is a sport that 95% of the country couldn't care less about, and yet we still do as well as Mexico. It's just weird.
>>
File: 1422606716934.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1422606716934.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>US team somehow withstands Germany and the Nederlands
>shits the bed less than 6 months alter

what went so horribly wrong
>>
>>65214580

That's football

>we (Netherlands) got to the finals in 2010, managed a third place in 2014 yet didn't qualify for 2016 against the likes of Turkey and Iceland

France wins the World Cup in 98, wins the Euro in 00 yet gets eliminated by debutants Senegal in 2002

Spain wins 3 major tournaments in a row then gets dicked 4-1 by us
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.