[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The NFL is rigged, anyone who still watches it is 12 or retarded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9
File: nfl new logo.jpg (21 KB, 642x361) Image search: [Google]
nfl new logo.jpg
21 KB, 642x361
>2014: Recharge for the Pats fanbase to keep the bandwagon going strong for another 5-10 years
>2013: The new upstart team, us12s, gets fed the eternal super bowl jobber (Broncos) to start a brand new fan base in an emerging market. $$$$$
>2012: Ray Lewis exit ride, brother vs. brother owl with convenient lighting problems to avoid blowout since that was scheduled for next year
>2011: Keep the Patriots fans chomping at the bit for another ring just a bit longer, they'll get it soon but Brady has plenty of years left to play. New York $$$$$
>2010: Packers fanbase recharge so they keep all their bandwagoners happy
>2009: Katrina hype payoff, Brees payoff for being such a good goy for the NFL
>2008: Stillers fanbase recharge to keep all the bandwagoners happy

Should I go on? Notice how only the teams with the biggest fanbases or in the biggest markets get owl wins? The Pathers are going to win 69-7 to give the newest movement in America, the SJW's a team to root for. Charlotte is an emerging market and all the bandwagoners are getting behind le quirky black man. And what is this? The NFL has served up the jobber team to get blown out in YET ANOTHER super bowl. This is literally all the Broncos do, put over emerging markets for that $$$$$. They were gifted two Super Bowls in the 90s and will consistently get more over time as long as they keep doing their job.

>2001 Patriots meme team and future golden boy Tom Brady, with a team named after American patriotism take down an impossible foe in the year of 9/11
>1999 Two recently relocated teams that are literally always shit get the spotlight to build up their markets. The Rams take home the win for a brief period of success to try to secure the St. Louis market.

If you don't think the NFL has WWE style rigging, at least to the point where the Super Bowl champion is predermined based on market data you are fucking retarded. This has been going on for at least 15 years and its not even debatable.
>>
File: 1452990319640.jpg (24 KB, 584x332) Image search: [Google]
1452990319640.jpg
24 KB, 584x332
Meh I wouldn't be shocked I'll say that
>>
File: 1453671464508.jpg (30 KB, 508x506) Image search: [Google]
1453671464508.jpg
30 KB, 508x506
>>
B8 and you're gay for typing all that out
Who are the 49ers?
Who are the bears?
Who are the cowboys?
Only a few of the greatest markets any sport can tap into, all losing
>>
File: 14588261.jpg (37 KB, 626x626) Image search: [Google]
14588261.jpg
37 KB, 626x626
It's getting boring seeing this over and over.
>>
dont forget the nfl is sports entertaiment
>>
>>65192626
>implying the Niners and Bears weren't both just given Super Bowl appearances recently even though their teams were shit
>Le Harbaugh just magically turned the EXACT same players into super bowl contenders overnight
>Le Sexy Rexy can't start for another team for the rest of his life but gets served up to Manning to satisfy both the Chicago and Indianapolis markets for a while

The Cowboys are so big they require no sustenance, they sell the most merch no matter how good they are. I would expect a recharge owl appearance or win in a decade or so when their popularity starts to wain.
>>
>>65192679
Please take my proposal seriously and try to form an honest opinion. I am trying to explain everything the best I can and I will answer any questions you have. I do not like being dismissed as "bait" without even having my evidence considered.
>>
Would the Browns have a chance of winning if their fanbase wasn't so loyal?
>>
>>65192888

>Please take my proposal seriously

You wish people would, wouldn't you?
>>
Where do the eagles for into all this? K
>>
>>65192925
No they are the lovable underdogs. Their fans are masochists and they know it. The Eagles and Jets have a similar thing going for each conference but they fly too close to the sun and get burnt every time.

The Browns, Jets, and Eagles have no reason to ever win a Super Bowl. The Eagles and Jets will look like they have a shot often but never really will. Expect a Jets owl loss within a couple years, screencap it if you don't believe any of my shit. That should convince you.
>>
>>65193048
see
>>65193074
>>
>>65193003
I don't mean you have to agree with it but just seriously try to think about it. I don't care if you disagree but don't just write it off for your meme points.
>>
File: orson.jpg (92 KB, 500x715) Image search: [Google]
orson.jpg
92 KB, 500x715
>>65193048
>>
>>65193130

I was thinking about it during the last "NFL is rigged" thread I saw last night. Calling the NFL rigged might as well be a meme point, since it gets posted so much before the superbowl.

Go ahead, keep thinking people are taking you seriously. I'm just saying that the two weeks before the superbowl are unbearable because of posters like you.
>>
Every person I've met who believes these things doesn't actually watch football.

>2014: Patriots win with the most amazing defensive play in super bowl history. By all common knowledge the seahawks were going to win that game. Comes down to final minutes
>2013: Peyton choked on big dicks like he always does. seahawks were number 1 defense for a reason.
>2012: 49ers don't show up first half. Flacco has record breaking post season run. Comes down to final minutes.
>2011: eli(te) manning > brady
>2010: Rodgers becomes the new GOAT, is MVP next year
>2009: If they wanted to max out on the Katrina hype they did it two years too late. Again, peyton choked on big dicks, this is nothing new.

If the opposite teams had won the narrative would just be flipped.

>brady gets revenge for 18-1
> kaepernik is the qb of the future
>peyton going the way of elway cucking the seahakws 43-8
>Seriously look at how shit the cowboys have been. They have one of the biggest markets. The broncos are in the superbowl this year because their defense is elite as fuck and cucked brady hard, after beating an injury depleted steelers team. the panthers are in because nobody has figured out how to stop them. but peyton will choke the game away like he always does and we all know this because we actually watch football. All of those superbowls make sense.

lack of calls is not rigging by the way, thats just how the playoffs are.
>>
>>65193258
Okay man. A bigtime payday for a fringe player like Kyle Williams in 2012 to fumble the game away and a few choice calls by the refs can go a long way. I'm not saying the whole season is rigged but once it gets to the final few teams they absolutely make sure the best market for that year is going to come away with the win at the end of the day.
>>
The only thing that was "rigged" was the Rams sucking ass so that Stan could justify moving the team to LA
>>
>>65192834
I really hope you put all this on a poster and start a protest outside the nfl headquarters. I'd be there with you, laughing from the side of course.

Tell me about the potential big market teams that never make it anywhere: miami, Tampa bay, Houston. These are huge cities with huge populations and fan bases, BUT NOT TO THE NFL APPARENTLY
>>
>>65193435
The LA Rams will win or appear in a Super Bowl almost immediately. The NFL will not let that market fail. Just remember that so we can talk again in a couple years.
>>
>>65193481
Big markets not big fanbases. The Packers, Steelers, Giants, 49ers etc. will always be thrown bones when they haven't had a title or SB appearance in a long time. The regular season pretty much just plays out without any tampering, they just pick the best choice once the final 4 or so are in play. Teams have to at least be able to get into the playoffs for any of this to be feasable.
>>
>>65193555
>Good teams are thrown bones and if my favorite team doesn't win every year it's rigged.
Holy shit, childlike mindset at its best.
>>
>>65193485
it's not going to fail, this isn't the first time LA had an NFL team. a lot of people there have been waiting for this for a long time.
>>
>>65193555
are you suprised theres a coreelation between large fanbases and good teams?

the browns dont have a good fan base because their team is always shit. their team is always shit because their owner is a fucking moron who has no clue how to run a football team. thats why theyve never been to the superbowl. not because their fanbase is shit, but because their team is shit.

the patriots have a large fanbase because they win a lot. they are in the superbowl a lot because they have the literal GOAT coach and maybe GOAT qb. not because of a fanbase recharge.

look at carolinas small market. why arent the seashits in the owl? what about the packers?
this whole thing is fucking retarded
>>
>>65193599

Anyone who makes threads like these has a childlike mindset. It gets old fast.
>>
>>65193599
>Trying THIS hard to discredit me so you can keep watching WWEball

My team is shit and I accept that. I am just pointing out what is clearly happening here. How many more convenient SB champs will it take for you to accept the truth? If I had to guess here are the next 3 super bowls:

Panthers win this one obviously as I have been saying for weeks

2016: Steelers V Panthers, Steelers win (Steelers recharge, Panths fresh off SB win won't lose fans just like Hawks last year)
2017: Colts V Rams, Rams win (Colts fan recharge, LA becomes dominant NFL market for decades)
2018: Patriots V Giants, (Brady rides into sunset with ideal SB win, retires immediately after, NY market thrown a bone to keep interest)

Screenshot and come back when this or some slight variations happen, then maybe you'll be willing to listen to reason.
>>
>>65193694
>>65193873
>>
>>65193873

Good one dude, you keep your little fantasy. The rest of us discredit you and move on with our lives.
>>
>>65194007
Just remember those games I just posted, that's all I ask. Then we can have a real conversation in a few years.
>>
>>65192180
>>
Would you say the inevitable London meme franchise will get a deep playoff run early?
>>
>>65194518
If they can make it to the playoffs. Games are mostly only influenced during playoff time, there are too many variables during the regular season. If they are in a win and in situation and can be put in the playoffs, then aren't total shit then there's a good chance. All the NFL does is nudge teams in the right direction, and that is usually enough. One momentum killing call at the right time can change everything, or sometimes the NFL can just brute force what they want like the Steelers Seahawks SB. Seattle wasn't the market yet that it is right now, the "12" and "LOB" memes really caught on hard and got the whole city excited.
>>
anyone catch the visa commercial about the bandwagon nerd and the solid 7? NFL put the cards vs the pats as the superbowl match up guess they had to change it to not raise suspicions
>>
So the Bills 4 loses were fixed, sweet. This Billsfag can sleep easy now.
>>
>>65192180
Let me guess OP, 9/11 was an inside job, Boston Bombing was inside job, Connecticut massacre was fake.... etc. etc.
>>
>>65194696
I would estimate the fixings started with the two Broncos wins. They then entered into a contract to put over new markets in exchange.
>>
>>65194743
Nope, I don't believe any of those. This is undeniable though.
>>
How about the Lions, that Aaron Rogers facemask?
>>
>>65192180

back2/woo/ faget
>>
>>65195074
Are you saying that isn't exactly what the NFL wanted? They only do this stuff in the playoffs for the most part though, the regular season pretty much just plays out. They just nudge some teams in the right direction at the very end.
>>
I wish it was rigged. we would be winning so many owls. Get ride of the salary cap and free agency. we would wreck the fuck out of the league like barca in soccer
>>
>>65195399
There is no reason for the Cowboys to win anymore since they are the most popular no matter what. They will get a recharge SB appearance in the next decade, maybe win but I doubt it.
>>
>>65195535
You do realize that realistically this could be possible for 20 fucking teams right?
This isn't an impressive guess.
>>
>2001 Patriots meme team and future golden boy Tom Brady, with a team named after American patriotism take down an impossible foe in the year of 9/11
the Jets are named after the things that crashed into the Twin Towers plus their name is New York so it would have made much more sense to give them the championship than their biggest rivals
>>
>>65195565
I have made plenty more specific predictions in here.
>>65193873
When they all come together you'll get the point
>>
>>65195595
That sounds pro terrorist to me. Patriots is much more obvious, also:

>>65193074

The current Jets team is not supposed to actually win, just get close sometimes
>>
>>65195601
And I haven't bothered reading them.
Why don't you put a bet down with everything you own on a game if you're so sure of yourself?
Oh wait, you won't, the NFL read your brainwaves and are actively trying to kill you aren't they?
Cute.
>>
File: thejewsdidthis.png (24 KB, 973x256) Image search: [Google]
thejewsdidthis.png
24 KB, 973x256
>>65193873
see you in 3 years fuckstick
>>
>>65192180
If the NFL was rigged someone would've blown the whistle on it by now.

You're delusional.
>>
>>65195652
That's all I ask
>>
>>65195643
I put down several thousand dollars on the Panthers right when the playoffs started, which is all the money I have in the world right now. And I will bet the winnings on the Steelers next year as well before the season.

Keep assuming things and ignoring what I say, all I ask is that you remember the things I've said and consider them when they come true. I'm not trying to convince you of anything today, just remember what I've said and we can come back to it.
>>
>>65195659
Only the highest up refs that have worked their way through the system as well as the owners are in control of this. There is no one in there dumb enough to ruin their brand, and the refs get a shitload of money to make a call here and there.
>>
>>65195704
If you have all this money why are you preaching on /sp/ instead of racking up more money?
Why lie on a jap image board?
Are you retarded?
>>
>>65195728
It was like $3000, is that some incredible amount lol? And I am racking up more money when the Panthers win.
>>
>>65196025
Okay, first off, you've posted no proof.
Second off, conspiracy theories hold NO weight if none the "evidence" isn't decisive.
>>
>>65196034
Its not soon enough in the process, I am calling it now. Just remember what I have said here and we can talk about it again when it is done. In 3 years I will have proven the NFL is rigging the Super Bowls. I have to get this out there in order for the evidence to become decisive.
>>
>>65196072
>>I have to get this out there

Uses 4chan. mfw
>>
>>65192180
How the hell do you rig the NFL without someone speaking up or something being caught for literallt=y thousands of games desu?
>>
>>65192180
A mildly interesting premise. Maybe more suited for a John Grisham novel than an actual theory but if they made a movie with that plot I might not change the channel if I happened upon it late one night.

As with most conspiracy theories, however, the sheer number of people who would have to be involved in such a venture makes the whole scenario utterly impossible. If you were right someone would have said something by now.

Also when and how would this whole conspiracy have started? Did Goodell just get al the owners together on the Death Star and said "Guys I have a cunning plan?" like fucking Baldrick from Blackadder?
>>
>>65193391
Plz be nice to Peytom I am a Buncos fan :(
>>
>>65192888
Evidence considered... still bait.
>>
>>65195704
Wow. What a shocking bet. Putting all your money on the best team in football. Good job, you totally beat the system.
>>
>>65192626
Have you ever heard of the Toronto Maple Leafs? Eternally shit franchise that was once good decades ago. They move insane amounts of merch and their tickets are expensive as hell, and fans keep throwing their money at them no matter how shit they are.

The Cowboys are similar. They don't need to be good to bring in tons of money.
>>
>>65195704
this is like that idiot that bet a million dollarydoos on Geelong to beat Essendon at $1.01 then Essendon came out and beat them in the best contest of the regular season.
No such thing as guaranteed money.
>>
>>65192274
I laugh at that picture every time
>>
>>65196305

>all these big market teams are the ones that are winning!
>but friend what about these big market teams that aren't winning
>big market teams don't need to win! forget what I just said

lmao'd
>>
>>65192180
>historically good team wins the owl
>"they did it to keep the fanbase happy"
>historically bad/new team wins the owl
>"they did it to gain fans"
You're just making up excuses that fit shit that already fucking happened. Tell us who's going to win the owl for the next 3 years if you want credibility for your shitty bait
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 512x397) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 512x397
>This thread again
Why do you guys keep bumping this shit bait?
>>
This is not bait. This is a reality.

I agree with you 100% Ameribro.
These fucking paid shills from Goodell keep trying to discredit us and making us look stupid.
>>
>>65192925

No. Browns are the Cubs of the NFL.
>>
>>65192180
>OP Image
Didn't read any further...didn't need to.

Wrestling belongs on /asp/.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.