[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tom Brady is back in the playoffs and looking to extend his playoff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12
File: 14s1KWf.jpg (294 KB, 1200x1002) Image search: [Google]
14s1KWf.jpg
294 KB, 1200x1002
Tom Brady is back in the playoffs and looking to extend his playoff record 21 wins.

Will this be one of those impossible to beat records?
>>
>>64926204
Here are the closest ones
>Peyton 11 (only listed because he is closest)
>Roethlisberger 11
>Flacco 10
>Eli 8 (he literally is one-and done or win it all so not happening)
>Wilson 7 (best chance memes aside)
>Rodgers 7
No one else is close enough or young enough to be considered.
>>
>>64926204
Jesus Christ, rest of the NFL get your shit together.
>>
>>64926374
Wilson is actually ahead of Brady's pace
4th year going into divisional
>Wilson 7
>Brady 3
>>64926402
He is basically Montana without the injury problems playing in the 80's caused. The best thing for the rest of the NFL is to wait it out.
>>
Thats nuts
>>
File: 1399053781237s.jpg (6 KB, 235x222) Image search: [Google]
1399053781237s.jpg
6 KB, 235x222
>>64926204
>only 6 playoff wins
>franchise is like 100 years old

What the fuck tardinals
>>
>>64926502
That's why they moved to the desert
>>
it'd be more impressive if the competition he played wasn't such shit

there are no good teams anymore
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 1010x964) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 1010x964
>>64926534
>>
>>64926502
>6 playoff wins
>literally half of those came in one season
>>
>>64926374

Andrew Luck has at least 10 more years in the league and could easily do it.
>>
>>64926204
Oh, hey friend you seem to misunderstand.

Wins aren't accredited to quarterbacks, they aren't a stat. Maybe you could be saying this about the Patriots since 2000, but not about Brady himself.
>>
File: reid.jpg (58 KB, 380x492) Image search: [Google]
reid.jpg
58 KB, 380x492
>>64926204
>The Eagles have more playoff wins than 20 teams
>Zero owls

Fuck
>>
>>64926554
He came out the same year and has only 2 wins.
>>64926560
>wins are a team stat.
>>
>>64926560
Playoff wins basically are.

Imagine a QB going 0-7 in the playoffs. What do you think? People won't mention it?
>>
>>64926560
So are you saying that without Tom Brady the Patriots would have 4 superbowl championships?
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 571x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 571x800
>giving this much credit to a single player
>>
>>64926432
>Wilson is actually ahead of Brady's pace
He's not. Wilson is currently in his 27 years old season and has 7 wins, at the conclusions of Brady's 27 years old season he had 9 wins. Seahawks would have to get to the Super Bowl for him to equal Brady's pace.
>>
>>64926575
I dunno. How many championships came from deflated balls?
>>
>>64926600
None of them. The Super Bowl against Seattle was played with regulation footballs.
>>
>>64926594
I went by season not age. I forgot he is older because he played all 4 seasons in NCAA.
>>
>>64926610
>'regulation'
so all of them, got ya.
>>
>>64926617
I know, but age is more relevant than number of seasons so I went with that.

And Wilson's game probably won't age as well as Brady's so even he is a huge long shot to come close to beating it
>>
>>64926629
Exactly. All of them were played with regulation footballs and therefore valid.
>>
>>64926645
>pats
>winning anything legitimately
wew lad
>>
File: 174819960.jpg (41 KB, 960x620) Image search: [Google]
174819960.jpg
41 KB, 960x620
>>64926204
>panthers have existed for 21 years
>has the same or more playoff wins than 8 other teams
We'll have more than 20 by the end of the Newton era.
>>
>>64926657
Well theres's no evidence to the contrary, unless you believe E!SPN and that crack addict in the Colts FO
>>
>>64926682
>No evidence except for this that doesn't count because I said so.
You know if you guys just admit they cheated Pats wouldn't get as much hate.
>>
>>64926701
Well I didn't say so, Senior United States federal judge Richard Berman said so. But hey, believe whatever you want to believe friend.
>>
>>64926374
Memes aside, I really think Russell and Cam have good shots at it but Russell's team is declining while Cam took a bit too long to start being decent. Bortles and Carr's teams are going to get in the way of each other for the next decade and Goff/Lynch only get close if they end up on teams that are close to contending now (LA, NYJ, etc)
>>
>>64926740
He didn't say pats didn't cheat. He said the NFL fucked up on how they investigated so they couldn't punish Brady. Basically a mistrial acquittal
>>
>>64926640
>but age is more relevant than number of seasons so I went with that.
No it isn't.

QBs can play until 40 if they are healthy, age doesn't matter because if a player spends his first 3 seasons on the bench, then becomes a star, he is missing 3 years of damage to his body that other players his age would have.

Players deteriorate in skill because of injury more often then getting old. It's just that obviously older player have sustained more injuries since they've accrued more seasons.

Brady has only had one major injury and it didnt set him back much upon.

Notice how Romo is the same age as Rodgers but sucks way more because he is made of glass
>>
>>64926758
So, once again, were back to yours and my interpretation of allegations made by an NFL owner charged with 4 felony counts of possession of crack cocaine.
>>
>bengals 5-13

shit nigga 513 is the Cincy area code
>>
>>64926701
I admit that they cheated in the 04 season but deflategate is a load of crap.
>>
>>64926575
Not anon, but perhaps. You can play around with the stats of cassels season in new england all you want. Im sure it wont convince you, but look at how shit he was everywhere else after bellichicks magic goop washed off of him.
Consider the fact that the patriots are never without a top ten defense.
Consider the fact that the patriots have always had one of the best offensive lines in the BB era, and that brady has really bad stats when under pressure, yet is under pressure less than nearly every qb in the league. (You might say that the past few years contradict this, but nay, their offensive line coach is goat for what hes done with that line)
Consider the fact that he struggles when he doesnt have an elite player to throw to.
Consider that you only need a decent football to literally run their offense perfectly. If you actually watched the games, which i doubt you do, you will see that most of their offense relies on short passes with the focus of recievers blocking downfield which turns into a "death by a thousand paper cuts" with the occasional chunk yardage, or a lob to gronk. Not to mention their knack for finding a solid running game for at least 8 games a year(see dion lewis).
Consider that, while their particular division hasnt always been super easy, that the scheduling Gods have smiled on them for some time.
Consider bellichick didnt have as much control in the browns and found a system he had more control in in new england.
This isnt saying Brady isnt a good quarterback, and that he hasnt contributed to the teams success. Hes a better qb than most ever will be. But he isnt the deciding factor by any stretch of the imagination.
Its a shame he and bb will likely retire together, i would have liked to see another qb under bellicheck for a few years.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-15-11-05-04.png (465 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-15-11-05-04.png
465 KB, 1080x1920
>>64926749
>Russells team is declining
>>
>>64926781
When did Wilson ever spend any season on the bench? He was playing football this entire time, college football must take a toll on your body too
>>
>>64926640
russell wilson has become a pocket passer though this season if you've actually been watching him
>>
>>64926825
>2 owl appearances in the last 2 years
>About to be sent home in the Div round
>Numerous major contenders are free agents
>Overpaying whoever's left
>>
>>64926790
If we are DQ'ing testimony based on police records, A LOT of cases need overturned.
>>64926807
Thank you. It wasn't full of crap, it was the NFL trying to bring the hammer down on prior offender with a form of cheating that didn't even help them win.
>>
>>64926814
>Consider the fact that the patriots are never without a top ten defense.
Except when they went to the Super Bowl in 2011 and probably a few other times

>Consider the fact that the patriots have always had one of the best offensive lines in the BB era
Except when they won the Super Bowl in 2014 with a below average O-line

>and that brady has really bad stats when under pressure
His drop off under pressure is less than that of an average QB. Objectively untrue

>yet is under pressure less than nearly every qb in the league.
His O-line allowed the 2nd most pressures in the entire league this year. Yet he still led the league in TDs and INT %

>Consider the fact that he struggles when he doesnt have an elite player to throw to.
Except for the time when he made the AFCCG throwing to Dobson, pre elite Edelman, Austin Collie and Hoomanawanui

>Consider that, while their particular division hasnt always been super easy, that the scheduling Gods have smiled on them for some time.
Brady's record outside of the division is better than vs AFC East
>>
>>64926848
Just because he's throwing better doesn't mean he's a traditional pocket passer. He still relies on his mobility and escapability to make a lot of throws
>>
>>64926866
>Except for the time when he made the AFCCG throwing to Dobson, pre elite Edelman, Austin Collie and Hoomanawanui
he did struggle that year, his stats were all down that year and he sucked shit in the afccg.
>>
File: Locked up.png (31 KB, 577x209) Image search: [Google]
Locked up.png
31 KB, 577x209
>>64926855
>numerous major contenders are free agents
>>
>>64926883
so, fran tarkenton played 16 years and he's the same type of qb wilson is
>>
>>64926829
It does but it is not even close to the damage in the NFL since the NCAA has basically banned contact.

College teams only play 10 to 12 games a season compared to the 16 to 20 of an NFL team. College players also often spend their first 2 years on the bench and often only rise to promince in their junior or senior year.
>>
>>64926814
>Consider the fact that the patriots are never without a top ten defense
Most if not all Superbowl winning teams have good defenses, football is a team game

>that brady has really bad stats when under pressure
Categorically untrue. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/05/21/qbs-in-focus-against-the-blitz/

>Consider the fact that he struggles when he doesnt have an elite player to throw to
I guess you didn't watch a single Patriots game before 2007 when Moss arrived.

>If you actually watched the games, which i doubt you do, you will see that most of their offense relies on short passes with the focus of recievers blocking downfield
Well anon, you had watched the games, you would know the Patriots scheme depending on their personnel. When they had Moss they relied on the deep ball, but now with Edelman and Amendola, you have shorter crossing passes because they're quick and small.

>Consider that, while their particular division hasnt always been super easy, that the scheduling Gods have smiled on them for some time.

Not how NFL schedule are made. Its a rotation of divisions in inter-conference play, and because they finish 1st in their division, they have to play the first place team in the other AFC divisions the following season.
>>
>>64926432
A) Brady should probably get credit for locking up three byes in those first three playoff trips.

B) Russell Wilson is a mobile quarterback. There's no chance he's elite after the age of 34.
>>
>>64926883
so does rodgers
>>
>>64926910
Tarkenton retired as the All-time leader in TDs, Pass Yards and INTs.
>>
>>64926825
>free agency
>>
>>64926502
3 of those 6 were from the DAT BIRD playoff run in '08
>>
File: dat bird.jpg (3 KB, 144x152) Image search: [Google]
dat bird.jpg
3 KB, 144x152
>>64926502
it hurts
>>
>>64926204
>tfw will only get to 17 this year
>tfw #1 seed next year assures we'll only get to 20 after next season

how is he so elite /sp/
>>
>>64926659

Let's first see if he can win a playoff game against a QB who's not functionally retarded.
>>
That record will be broken by the next serial cheating team
>>
File: image.png (216 KB, 393x391) Image search: [Google]
image.png
216 KB, 393x391
>>64926204
>Bengals: 5-13
>>
>>64926561
Bikes fan here. Same shit senpai...
>>
>>64926949
>I guess you didn't watch a single Patriots game before 2007 when Moss arrived.
I mean, he was good but NOBODY considered him elite until 2007... just saying.
>>
>>64926204
If he ends with 25+ it wont be broken until more playoff rounds are added
>>
>>64927628
This. Consider for a moment that that picture in the OP counts titles /sp/ won't so you have to account for the fact that
>NFL didn't have playoffs until 33
>Until 66 it was just the top 2 teams in either conference by their conference record
>AFL technically expanded it two four teams
>67 it was expanded to 8
>78 expanded to 10 (3rd rd added)
>1990 is where the current 12 team format started.
>>
>>64926883
I hate the seahawks but to be fair Wilson is a fantastic athlete and will probably be one for a long long time, which gives him so many years to develop in the pocket, and he's made tremendous strides this year.
>>
>>64927741
god damn brady is unreal
>>
File: stay_jelly.jpg (207 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
stay_jelly.jpg
207 KB, 500x500
>>64926807
>>64926858

Are you niggas serious? When will this meme die?

Spygate penalties were for violations in the 2006 season. THE RULES THAT WERE BROKEN DID NOT EXIST BEFORE 2006.

And what rule was broken? Oh, it was the rule telling you WHERE you could put your camera. You were allowed to film. You just couldn't film from the sideline. You had to film from the box.

Jonathan Thomase, a fat fuck lying reporter, put out an article in the Boston Herald saying that the Patriots taped the Rams walkthrough for the 2001 Super Bowl. His source was a disgruntled former Patriots employee. He didn't ask for a tape, or any proof, and Goodell himself said that such a tape DID NOT exist. The Boston Herald retracted the article and ISSUED AN APOLOGY FOR FALSE REPORTING.

Don't believe me? Think I'm just a Pats shill?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_New_England_Patriots_videotaping_controversy

Literally just read. It's all there. Everything that I've just said.

People STILL, >in 2016, think that the Patriots "cheated" in the 01-04 dynasty. THE RULE DID NOT EXIST UNTIL 2006, LMAO! Thanks, Boston Herald!
>>
>>64926884

What QB routinely wins championships with a non-championship team?

The standards are unrealistically high for Brady. He's great, not a saint. He can't work miracles.
>>
>>64932615
No rule says you can't be homosexual but that doesn't stop you from being a faggot either.

>recording the other teams strategies wasn't cheating because there wasn't a rule you couldn't.

What a retarded argument.
>>
>>64926883
> Sets the single highest 4 game QBR ever, passing from the pocket
> While missing main offensive weapons
> Consistently on of the fastest releases and best deep balls.

Look, I'm a cards fan, and I hate Wilson's guts, but when the Shithawks finally put together a decent oline, Wilson is going to ball out. The last 3 seasons you can say he was a meme QB. This season though... fuck... the next decade is gonna be rough.
>>
GOAT
>>
>>64938446
Oh is this the time of night where you unnecessarily bump all the Patriots threads in the catalog? I want to stab your autistic eyeball with a spoon. sage sage sage
>>
>>64933096
>recording the other teams strategies wasn't cheating because there wasn't a rule you couldn't.
But that literally means it's not cheating you retard
>>
File: Tom Brady approves of this post.jpg (276 KB, 544x463) Image search: [Google]
Tom Brady approves of this post.jpg
276 KB, 544x463
>>64938478
Thanks for the bump lad
>>
>>64926814
This this THIS
>>64926949
>Categorically untrue
You do realize blitz is not the only way to pressure the quarterback? a natural three or four man rush is also VERY important to consider. Stop picking stats that favor your agenda and be real nigga.
>>
>>64926204
Literally the GOAT, it's not even close anymore.
>>
>>64938605
I dont think there's any QB in this league who has "great" stats against pressure rushing 4, given that Brady has the quickest release in the game right now.
>>
>>64926907
Is I'm Jimmy even relevant anymore?
>>
>>64926640
no its not, that's not how it works, bong
>>
>>64926996
But bro dat recovery water tho
>>
>>64938814
fuck my bad I actually agree with you

>>64926781
fuck you
>>
yaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>64933096
The point that people usually don't want to hear is that other teams did the same thing, but some Patriots opponent got mad when the camera was in the wrong place
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.