[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GOAT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10
File: 5 (five).jpg (151 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
5 (five).jpg
151 KB, 1023x682
When did Messi become the GOAT?

Probably here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwsFYkp_r5w
>>
>I rate Messi
>>
no more Lionel Andres Messi?
>>
>>64867830
with the last treble, before that it was between maradona and him, but now its clear Lionel is the GOAT
>>
>>64867830
After his 10/11 season. It was obvious to me that I've never seen anyone play this well and it was only a question of whether he can sustain it. And he definitely did.
>>
>>64867830

the 4 goals against arsenal in the champions league really cemented him as the GOAT for me
>>
File: messi iniesta.webm (2 MB, 439x213) Image search: [Google]
messi iniesta.webm
2 MB, 439x213
>>
He didn't. Maybe if he'd won the WC, but dominating with the most stacked team in history, in an era severely lacking in parity, isn't enough to make you the GOAT.
>>
File: 1452531111021.jpg (5 KB, 194x203) Image search: [Google]
1452531111021.jpg
5 KB, 194x203
>Messi is the GOAT
>>
File: beks.jpg (102 KB, 634x781) Image search: [Google]
beks.jpg
102 KB, 634x781
>>64869449
>>
File: TSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.jpg (49 KB, 653x799) Image search: [Google]
TSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.jpg
49 KB, 653x799
How could you guys.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/12/lionel-messi-fans-vandalise-cristiano-ronaldo-statue-after-2016-ballon-dor-win-5619080/
>>
>>64869449
Barca wouldn't be stacked without Messi. Imagine the scenario without him. Pep would win jack shit without Messi in his first season. Barca would win probably a league every 3-4 years maybe, if so, and no CL titles. Not so much trophies, sponsor and fan money to buy world class players like Suarez, Nerman etc.

How came Barca has the golden age just about last 10 years?
>>
>>64869807

delusion: the post
>>
>>64869807

Barca without Messi is basically a better version of the Spain side that won 3 international tournaments in a row. Messi is just the cherry on top of an already delicious cake. He's never had to face any sort of adversity in his career.
>>
>>64869839
>>64869925
How did the most stacked team of all time do when Messi went down at the end of 12/13?

Because I vaguely recall them getting their shit pushed in by PSG at the Camp Nou before getting bailed out by a one legged Messi off the bench and then they got obliterated by Bayern. This Barca generation wouldn't have won half the trophies they did without Messi
>>
>>64869709
that statue deserves to be be vandalised to be honest
>>
>>64869449
literally every GOAT in every team sport has had a stacked team
jordan had pippen
montana had rice
>>
>>64869925
>>64869925
>He's never had to face any sort of adversity in his career.
>2008
>Post guardiola era
>Argentina at all
Not an adversity
>>
>>64869969
>replying to retards
why you do this?
>>
>>64869969
>This Barca generation wouldn't have won half the trophies they did without Messi

If it wasn't Messi they'd have bought some other superstar. They may not have won as much, but they'd still have dominated. Messi needs Barca more than Barca needs Messi, lets put it that way.
>>
I prefer the dragon ball thread
>>64867918
>>
>>64869925
If its so easy in Barca and la masia why is there no new Messis? Look at all those Munirs and Bojans. Messi was a Barca starter at age of 18 and a ballon d'or finalist at the age of 19. He fucken scored a hattrick in el classico with 19. Why didnt Tello do that? He also played in a stacked Barca team?
>>
>>64869709
This rivalry is stupid.
It's clear for everyone with half-a-brain that CR is nowhere near Messi's level. There's no competition.
>>
>>64869709
TSUUUUUU
>>
File: Messi teammates useless.webm (3 MB, 772x434) Image search: [Google]
Messi teammates useless.webm
3 MB, 772x434
>>64869925

>he's never had to face any adversity in his career

you mean playing with the most dysfunctional argentina squad in history is not adversity?
he had to bail out argentina 3 times in the 90th minute just to get out of group stages, and eventually made the Final without di maria or aguero, and no midfielder besides mascherano who plays CB for club.
Meanwhile 40 million people in his home country criticize him if he ever misses one pass by 10 centimeters

>no adversity

my asshole.
>>
File: UMad.jpg (153 KB, 990x627) Image search: [Google]
UMad.jpg
153 KB, 990x627
>>64869709
Looks better in my opinion.

> Getting cucked in your own hometown.

Top Kek
>>
>>64870380

I meant at club level. He's faced adversity at NT yes, but he's failed every time in the face of it.
>>
>>64869449
>>64869925
>>64870227
Delusion

Barca and Halal madrid are always close in the league, Messi makes the difference. The only time Barca would have won the league without Messi is Poop's first season because madrid was trash. In the CL it's even more obvious, Messi decides so many big games.
>>
>>64870227
>messi needs barca more than barca needs messi
Just like how messi needed xaviesta more than they needed him during their prime years right :^) But wait, why did messi have another goat-tier stellar year in 2015 when xavi has more or less retired and iniesta phoned it in for 90% of the season (except during their biggest games, based iniesta).
>>
>>64871942
>2007
>h-he's not that talented, he needs Ronaldinho and Eto'o to perform
>2011
>h-he's not the best in the world, he's nothing without Xavi/Iniesta and Guardiola's system
>2015
>h-he's obviously declining, he wouldn't win anything without Suarez and Neymar
every time
>>
>>64871631
Barcelona won every game without Messi starting this season

They also won 10 of 10 games in the league in 2013 without him
>>
>>64872018
the new one is he needs busquets to be good, heard it two days ago
>>
24 June 1987
>>
>>64871942

Xavi/Iniesta won the WC and two Euros without Messi. Tell me, how has Messi done without them for Argentina? :^)
>>
>>64872046
You forget to mention that their schedule wasn't that hard. Of the 9 games that Barca had to play without Messi in 2015 only a couple notable ones could've possibly troubled them. They were Leverkusen (H), Sevilla (A), and RM (A). Against Leverkusen they barely won 2-1 by equalizing on the 80th minute and then capitalizing on their momentum with another goal on the 82th. They lost to Sevilla, and RM was literally one loss away from sacking their manager. The rest were expected 3 point games.

In 2013 when Messi was out for 10 days with a torn muscle Barcelona lost to Almeria, Celta Vigo, and Real Madrid. They drew with Malaga. In that season Barcelona came in second in La Liga.
>>
>>64872158
>Xavi/Iniesta won the WC and two Euros without Messi
and with puyol, pique, busquets, alba, villa, pedro, alonso, etc.
>>
>>64872018
This
It never ends. I stopped listening to these fags years ago, anybody with eyes can see he's the goat.
>>
>>64872771
10 of 10 games in the 2012-2013 season
>>
>>64867830

He was already the GOAT for me in those 2 matches against Chelsea in 2006. I was shocked to find out he was only 19 at the time.
>>
>>64872158

>Xavi/Iniesta won the WC and two Euros

My favorite meme. No, Spain won the WC and 2 Euros cause of their football philosophy and chemistry. Not 2 players.
>>
>>64872931
Oh now you mean the season in which the Messidependencia term was coined? The season where Messi practically dragged Barca to #1 in La Liga and where they needed him to bail them out against PSG when he was still recovering from injury. The season where Bayern famously stomped the Messi-less Barca 7-0. Come on now.
>>
>>64869449
I imagine that in 4 years there will be people saying that Messi is a Nerman/Sergi Roberto-babby.
>>
>this Brit desperately trying to shit on Messi throughout the thread?
why do Brits do this? anyone with eyes can see Messi is the GOAT, right?
>>
>>64872869

And all of them except Alonso are barca players. Face it, Messi is a luxury player. He wouldn't (and doesn't) look half as good in a team that doesn't completely dominate possession.
>>
>>64873473
And NT level of competition is lower and Spain won those titles playing some of the worst football imaginable. They simply wouldn't be able to score against top club defenses.

>He wouldn't (and doesn't) look half as good in a team that doesn't completely dominate possession.
Remember the time when Bayern dominated possession in a CL semi final and Messi did not score the opening goal from outside the box against world's best keeper, did not put Boateng on on his ass to score another and did not assist Neymar to put it out of reach? He sucks when he's team doesn't dominate possession :^)
>>
>>64873473
>And all of them except Alonso are barca players.
While most NT teams have to deal with the traditional problem of having not enough days to train together the Spanish NT has a core of Barca players. The advantage translate pretty well onto the pitch as we can see with Spain and Germany.
>>
>>64869420
holy shit

how was this gaylord not offsides
>>
>>64869420
This goal is the perfect illustration of why his false 9 role was so deadly. Notice that the dribbles past right at the beginning is Ricardo Carvalho - a centre back dragged way out of position who, nominally, should be covering the space into which Iniesta runs
>>
File: katia-aveiro-2--644x362.jpg (23 KB, 644x362) Image search: [Google]
katia-aveiro-2--644x362.jpg
23 KB, 644x362
>>64869709
>Ronaldo’s sister, Katia Aveiro, wasn’t too impressed with the vandals, hitting out at them in an angry Facebook post.

Why does Ronaldo have such a hamplanet for a sister?
>>
>>64873604
>hurr injured Messi couldnt heroball against Buyern in 2013!

You're a special kind of retard
>>
>>64874000
I was referring to the 2015 semi.

nice sarcasm detection
>>
>>64872158
>Messi is so good he is compared to 2 players
>>
>>64873803
wouldn't surprise me if it was Ramos enabling him (as usual lel)

>>64873981
not long ago she tried having a career as a singer, there's a few of her 'songs' on youtube
>>
>>64873196
>where Messi practically dragged Barca to #1 in La Liga

That same season where they won all 10 games in La Liga without him

Bayern were stomping Barcelona regardless, Bayern were a great team that season and Barcelona just weren't that all that great relative to Bayern or Dortmund

Even Juventus too
>>
>>64874164
>That same season where they won all 10 games in La Liga without him
Just so we're all clear. In those 10 games, he's including games when Messi did not start but came off the bench.

4 times he was brought off the bench, scored each time for a total of 6 goals and 1 assist in those games
>>
>>64874164
Madrid finished 15 points behind Barcelona that season, they were shit too, 2012-2013 was a Bayern-Dortmund final for a very good reason, they were miles ahead of the competition that was already lagging

And I'm wrong, it was not 10 games, it was around 8 he didn't start
>>
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 1222x1376) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 1222x1376
He become a GOAT when he scored that goal against Neuer in the World Cup final, slotting it in at the far post from a fairly difficult angle, winning the World Cup for Argentina.

Oh wait, he didn't. He missed that chance.
>>
>>64874278
haha yeah imagine not winning a world cup

loooool
>>
>muh xaviniesta

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/lionel-messi-is-impossible/
>>
>>64874318
>have Johan Cruyff
>have Sneijder, Robben, RVP on the same team
>win nothing
neverlands BTFO
>>
his best goal imo was the one against man city. anyone got the webm? or was it psg? The one where he exploded the defenders ankles
>>
>>64872884
This

For some reason they just deny it, like it if will affect them in anyway. I guess they just dont want to see their personal goat to be replaced by him and they just will deny and actively attack him. Someday they will realise they just miss, not even the goat, but a great player through their lifetime and they will say "damn, Messi/Cristiano was really good".

just like happens with music
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.