[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If he's a top-level coach, why doesn't he coach in the NFL?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6
File: saban.jpg (38 KB, 635x605) Image search: [Google]
saban.jpg
38 KB, 635x605
If he's a top-level coach, why doesn't he coach in the NFL?
>>
Because he's not a good coach.

All amateur sports are just getting the biggest and best giga niggers to join your program, so others cannot scoop them up and you have to play against them
>>
>>64854754
because he's a bottom-based-bitch
>>
>>64854754
>why doesn't he coach in the NFL?
He tried, but he was shit.
>>
>>64854754
There's a huge difference b/w coaching in the NFL and college. Also why would he leave Alabama? He is pretty much a God to people there.
>>
Easy to bully kids into performing or they lose their scholarship, he can't boss around grown pros
>>
>>64854894
and he makes more money than most NFL coaches
>>
>>64854916
Ths guy gets it. Have you ever seen him on the sidelines? This nigga screams and throws tantrums like a child.

You can boss around teenagers like a drill sergeant, but NFL players are gonna get paid regardless.
>>
>>64854916
Saban is basically on record saying this, just not in those terms
>>
>>64854754
NFL is above college for playing, but not above college for coaching. Top college coaches make more than NFL coaches and have far better job security. Some might argue that the top college posts are better than most NFL posts
>>
>>64855111
And those who would argue that would be wrong.
>>
>>64854754
saben quit when his gm didn't get him dru brees, I think if someone offers him a chip kelly deal where he can gm as well as coach he goes back to the nfl, the eagles would be a good fit since they just got rid of chip imo
>>
>>64854754
Because college coaches get bigger BJs than pro ones.
>>
>>64860905
why is that? Big time colleges are higher paying jobs that are a lot comfier.

it's really 2 different skill sets. College coaches have to recruit, develop talent, and be good politicians. NFL are Xs and Os guys that need to be motivators. NFL is more competitive, but being a good NFL coach doesn't mean you'd be a great college coach, and obviously vice versa.
>>
Because he makes more money and has more job security at the college level
>>
>>64854754
saban is based, 4 championships and a ton of hate. what does this remind me of?
>>
File: beel beelicheck.webm (441 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
beel beelicheck.webm
441 KB, 480x480
>>64860999
>>
File: DennisS.png (594 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
DennisS.png
594 KB, 1280x800
>>64861012
God damn it I hate this guy. I will be legitimately happy when he dies
>>
>>64854754
Because he failed
He was mediocre to bad

College level is like the player matches on a fighting game , you get a feel for the game against other players

Professional(NFL in this case) is like the ranked lobbys where it matters what you do , training wheels off , every single win and loss is engraved in your record .
>>
>>64861012
fucking love billy bel
>>
>>64861033
NaCl
>>
>>64854916

/this
>>
>>64860956
Pro football is the highest level of competition in the world for the sport. unis pay more money to coaches in the CFL because they are paying for talent to not go to the next level.
>>
Believe it or not, college players behave far better than NFL players. Saban probably finds college kids easier to control.
>>
>>64861197
No way I heard college kids are animals and thugs

You mean to tell me they're just kids?
>>
lol the NFL is a joke

too formulaic and boring

in college you actually have creativity and new ideas

it's definitely the more intellectual brand of football
>>
The difference in coaching college vs NFL is the general manager.

In college, you are pretty much God. You recruit who you want, hire who you want, and run whatever systems you want. As long as you win, you're good.

In the NFL, 99% of the head coaches are under the mercy of whatever chucklefuck is the GM. There are some good ones, but there are a ton of shitty GMs. Rick Smith in Houston, Ryan Grigson in Indy, Mike Tannenbaum in Miami (may as well be), Trent Baalke in San Fran, so on and so forth.

The GM is rarely ever the one to pay for bad seasons. Jerry Reese is still sitting pretty in NY, Rick Smith survived 2-14 in Houston, etc. Why? They can, and will throw the HC under the bus at the first opportunity.

So why even bother coming to the NFL?
>>
>>64861279
This is the only real reason any GOAT college coach (aside from runs who run meme offenses) fails in the NFL. The best ones are recruiters.
>>
NFL is harder

College is all about bribing those 5 star recruits to join your program

At the end of the day, your offensive scheme doesnt matter. How do you compete when Alabama's LB's are bigger than most o lines they go up against. Or when their DE's run faster than the RB or WR's
>>
>>64854754
because everyone gets paid in the NFL, bama pays the best under the table in college football today.
>>
>>64861012
Saban was a coach under Bill at Cleveland
>>
>>64854754
The NFL is a completely different beast. In College you go out and recruit players you want. In the NFL, the GM usually makes the personnel choices. In the NFL you have a much longer season, you have to deal with training camp, players who hold out, free agency, etc. NFL coaches don't have as much power over their players. Also you can control who you play in your season. What would happen if Alabama did not get to choose who it played each year. I mean that plus you have to play your division rivals twice a year. You have to get a good enough record to get into the playoffs and then you have to play at least 3 games to win the Super Bowl assuming you win a number 1 or 2 seed. You have 4 four preseason games, a 16 game regular season, and if you're lucky to make the playoffs you have an additional 3-4 games to win. Alabama played a total of 15 games to win the title. Compare that to a total of 19-20 games, and remember that Alabama got a month to rest between the SEC Championship and their first CFP game. It's just a hell of a lot easier to coach in college than the NFL.
>>
cause he's a shit coach

college is simply about your recruiting skills, not your coaching skills.
>>
He makes like 8 or 10 million a year.
>>
>>64861607
If that was true Mark Richt and Les Miles would be beating the shit out of Saban
>>
>>64861619
I thought it was closer to 5 million.
>>
>>64861646

Of course it's true.

Why do you think he bombed in the NFL?
>>
>>64861654
Because the Dolphins are garbage and always will be.

>>64861649
Pff no, Bob Stoops makes more than that.

He's paid JUST under 7mil, but his bonuses clear him of the 7mil mark.
>>
>>64861649
http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/10/08/highest-paid-college-football-coaches-salaries-list-nick-saban-jim-harbaugh
>>
>>64861619
>>64861729
>Same fag.
>>
NFL is boring plastic.

College is actually exciting.

I think he just has more fun at Bama.
>>
>>64861876
Nah, he just sucks at being an NFL level coach. He couldn't hack it so he ran like a little bitch to Alabama.
>>
>>64861177
LOL!

You cannot possibly believe this. It's two completely different jobs.
>>
>>64861922
whatever you want to believe, anon

the best innovators and legacies are in the college ranks. the NFL is just a scripted/fixed sideshow

keep slurping goodells semen tho pleb
>>
>>64861958
I don't like the NFL or NCAA football but the bar is much lower for ''innovation'' in the college ranks. it's a bunch of talentless teenagers rutting around and occasionally getting walloped by a good program, the media just focuses on the fifteen or so good programs that make the whole charade look competitive and exciting. College football is trash, for trash. The coaches are all good-ol-boys who are sitting pretty starring at co-ed asses and being rich as fuck on a 30-hour work week. They literally can't cut it in the NFL, meanwhile I bet guys like Belicheck could run 4-5 college football programs at once.
>>
>>64854754
Because of when he tried to coach in the NFL

College seems to largely come down to recruiting (convincing players to join) and training which he's good at, unfortunately for him those are way less important in the NFL
>>
because the NFL is a shitshow desu
>>
>>64861958
>Thinking wildcat formations and spread offenses are innovative.

THE CFP is basically rigged by ESPN to get as many SEC teams in the playoffs as possible. Also I'm more of a Rugby fan than a football fan. I prefer sports where players play longer than 10 minutes in a game without getting tired.
>>
>>64854754
he gets paid 4 times as much as the average NFL coach
>>
>>64861267
LOL

Yeah. Alabama was real creative having Derrick Henry run down the middle all season.
>>
>>64854754
The reason he wins is because Alabama has all the money.
>>
>>64861267
Alabama winning 75 percent of the national championships is boring you retard.
>>
File: 1452030763661.jpg (85 KB, 410x416) Image search: [Google]
1452030763661.jpg
85 KB, 410x416
>>64861012
I can literally hear him say it.

What a great man, such a great person.
>>
>>64862655
>He doesn't make that much money.
>>
>>64862727
How can one man be so based?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0NcdnMC7NU
>>
File: sad-bama-fan.jpg (194 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sad-bama-fan.jpg
194 KB, 1920x1080
>yet another handegg thread full of overcompensating angry beta white men

ever notice how every other commercial in a football game is a truck commercial. you're all literally dimwit neanderthals

nice goatee faggots. enjoy your dying "sport" while it lasts
>>
>>64862655
http://www.otherleague.com/contracts/nfl-head-coach-contracts-salaries/

There is no way he makes more than 4x the average head coach's salary in the nfl.
>>
>>64862792
Dying? American Football is actually becoming more and more popular, even among foreigners, and it's now even beating out baseball for Americas pastime, I couldn't say this ten years ago, that's for sure.
>>
>>64862792
>Being this cucked.
>>
>>64862842
It's not getting that popular outside of the usa desu.
>>
>>64862792
your penis will never touch a vagina
>>
>>64861267
>Posts about football
>Knows absolutely nothing about football
>>
>>64862991
It's definitely growing
>>
>>64863391
I'm surprised there were as many people at the NFL game in London, especially the one that happened on the same weekend as the Rugby World Cup Final.
>>
>>64863429
They all sell out quite quickly and on game day you can see a lot of people in NFL gear in central London and the tube
>>
>>64854754
Because of 2 things.

1. The NFL is rigged
2. Players only care about money

It's hard to be a good pro coach unless you get lucky or you're profitable enough that the refs help out.
>>
Saban learned from Miami. He's not going to an NFL team that doesn't have a franchise quarterback.
>>
>>64863429
People come from all over Europe for it in fairness, particularly Germany I believe. There are a lot of people who'll go to one out of curiosity not knowing much about the sport prior, never go again or watch outside of maybe the first half of the Super Bowl since the 2nd half only starts at like 3am here.

Still, definitely couldn't have gotten these kinds of crowds 10 years ago for sure, and whilst I don't think American football could ever get past being our 4th biggest sport I think if we had an NFL team it would easily sell out Wembley for 8 games a year. Crazy times.
>>
>>64862792
check the ratings, football tops the other sports int his country.
>>
>>64863640
College football is more rigged than the NFL though.
Or are you telling me the BCS system is fair and balanced? I honestly don't believe a human could be so retarded. Saban is obviously abusing the MUH SEC meme to guarantee a playoff birth every season. He doesn't give a shit about all the universities who will never get a fair chance and he certainly doesn't mind that the NCAA is rigged in favor of his employer.

The NFL is actually more unpredictable than that, even if thats not saying much.
>>
>>64862991
I watched NFL games at a pub in Budapest, Hungary.

I'd say its getting recognized. Even if its not "popular"
>>
>>64854754

>Signing Daunte "I got carried by Randy Moss" Culpepper over Drew Brees

I would quit too
>>
File: 1359153684973.jpg (194 KB, 569x629) Image search: [Google]
1359153684973.jpg
194 KB, 569x629
>>64861267
>>
the point of these college vs nfl threads is a loser meme by clempson fans

like that tired meme used before when someone's team lost, "oh, we only play for championships", clempson fans are coming out with, "oh, it's just a college game. it didn't mean anything unlike nfl games."
>>
>>64861580

So what you're saying is that to be a head coach in the NFL is essentially to be a glorified baby-sitter. Because if you can't make personnel or package choices, and you're essentially put on a leash from your GM, then half of the duties of a head coach are moot.

This is why college and even fucking high school football is better than the NFL. Almost every franchise is a dick-waving contest between the GM and the Head Coach with the GM almost always winning despite being, in most cases, incredibly unqualified to do so.
>>
>>64855111
>NFL is above college for playing, but not above college for coaching.
Not sure I agree with that. Recruiting in college is huge. The best recruiters make the best college coaches, generally. We've seen enough college coaches fail in the NFL because they no longer have a roster that's substantially more talented than the roster they're facing. I think any good NFL coach (because there's plenty that are shitty) would excel in college, *if* they had a decent roster.
>>
>>64854754
>implying Bama isn't an nfl team
>>
Cause it's a lot easier to boss around young kids than it is to boss around grown men who get paid millions
>>
>>64854916
You saw what happened with Burfict in the wildcard? If that were Saban's player in a college game, he'd get his head waterboarded real fast. Because it's NFL, Saban couldn't do shit.
>>
>>64861958
>doing meme bullshit with superior athletes recruited to your billion dollar university sports program is "innovative game planning"

Fuck the fuck off. You are a god damn idiot. Do you ever wonder why all the bullshit offensive schemes in college don't translate successfully to the NFL? It's because the richest schools with the most money grab up all of the top level high school recruits and throw them into their programs and make them play against a bunch of kids that aren't even close to their speed. Then they get to the NFL where they are playing the best players and suddenly all that meme bullshit doesn't work anymore because the players are smart enough and fast enough to expose it for the gimmick that it is. Think of all of the bust RBs and mobile QBs in the past decade alone that were all heisman level candidates? What do they all have in common? Superior athleticism, not some fucking amazing super innovative strategic game plan. Dumbass.
>>
the only reason cfb is more "exciting" than the nfl (which is a purely subjective statement to begin with), is that the talent pool in the ncaa is pure shit

there's like 150 D1 programs, so the talent is spread out. even if the big power schools buy all the high school recruits there are roster limits, which is why you get a tremendous bust like trent richardson who was a monster in college and can't break 2ypc in the nfl

it's all meme offenses and trick plays in college because you have to be clever to overcome your shit players.
>>
How many of you faggots actually played organized football?

Cornerback here
>>
>>64872715
DE
>>
>>64872715
second string kicker on the JV team nigguh
>>
>>64862012
belicheck could win the national championship at kentucky
>>
Giving the ball to the best RB in the NCAA 40 times a game with the best O-line in the NCAA isn't coaching. He's a good recruiter
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.