[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fans of relocated teams, how did you guys deal with it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 21
File: San diego chargers.jpg (146 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
San diego chargers.jpg
146 KB, 1280x960
San Diegan here: we're most likely going to lose the Chargers. Since most taxpayers around here would rather pay for schools for Mexicans instead of saving our civic heart, I think they're gonna be gone.

How did you guys deal with it? I know some Sonics fans have been basically coveting every single team that has stadium and ownership problems, but I don't think with 2 teams in LA (possibly), San Diego will get another NFL team.

This all feels horrible. If there was any way to ship the Padres out of town and make sure the Chargers stay, I'd be for it
>>
>>64838974

>Missourian here

Adopted the Rams after living in football purgatory when the Cardinals left. Now it's happening again. Will go back to watching whatever game is on TV and not giving a shit who wins.
>>
I was fucking pissed when Montreal lost the expos in 2004. I stopped watching baseball for 10 years. I recently restarted following it
>>
I was an Atlanta Thrashers fan

Basically I just stopped being a hockey fan. There's no team that can really replace your team, even if it means you get to pick one with a far less pathetic history if you want.

Losing a team just makes you resent the sport and realize that it's all just a business, and that you and your city's emotional ties to the team mean nothing to the team and league's operators themselves.
>>
When the Nets moved to Brooklyn I was gilled with hate and rage. I always root for them to lose
>>
File: infinite_tumble.gif (340 KB, 400x294) Image search: [Google]
infinite_tumble.gif
340 KB, 400x294
>>64839042

>sports is a business

This is the key right here. Once you get it through your head that pro sports is a business and loyalties mean fuckall, it's a lot easier to handle.

Hey, at least your regional NCAA teams aren't going anywhere, amirite?
>>
Seattle here: just look up the teams with stadium and ownership problems then troll that team into thinking they're gonna move to your city

It's a great coping mechanism
>>
When Houston lost the Oilers when I was a kid I was devastated. Still cant bring myself to cheer for the Texans. Theyve always felt like a cheap knockoff.
>>
>>64838974
>Since most taxpayers around here would rather pay for schools for Mexicans instead of saving our civic heart, I think they're gonna be gone.

>Majority Republican populace
>Republican Mayor

Don't blame San Diego for this, senpai. This isn't a case of bleeding hearts. This is on Dean, the greedy fuck who is arguing as though he's developed an market of substance in LA over the past 20 years, as though the organization wasn't running perfectly fine without the LA market before then. He keeps citing this internal study that LA accounts for 25% of their business, but won't publish the study. The man is a greedy fuck who is as incompetent at life as he has been the Chairman of the Board, and President of the organization. All the money in the world can't buy you an honored legacy that gets statues made of you, but I can promise you that he could gold-plate the Spanos name in San Diego, creating a lasting legacy for himself, his father, and his sons if he came out and said San Diego is the Chargers home, and will remain their home. He seems to want the other ending though, where every Spanos is unwelcome in San Diego. He either lacks vision, or is too blinded by money to actively have chosen this outcome because it is illogical in the grand scheme of things. The variable nature of the San Diego fanbase could almost certainly be remedied if Dean Spanos had actually given a fuck about on-the-field quality instead of money going into his pocket. Look at the mid-2000s. When even without winning a Championship the Chargers were consistently entertaining, and played well. The Q was always packed, and we owned that stadium, and the players knew it and would often credit the 12th man for helping well before the Seattle US 12 emerged. All it took was consistency, but that is something Dean Spanos could never guarantee, and he was repaid for it in kind.
>>
>>64839322
For my part however, in other threads, Cleveland and Houston fans have both endorsed the notion that the relocation of a team exempts you for any further demand of loyalty towards it. It is a betrayal by them, and in this case, an eye for an eye is the just reward, therefore start looking for a new team. You ask me? I say we pay close attention this week. The media is going to be speaking to every owner I'm sure, and asking which proposal/teams they like best in San Diego. I have every intention of keeping a close eye on that, because when the Chargers move to LA there will be owners against it, and those will be the owners I consider to be deserving of my business moving forward.
>>
Whalers fan here. You just kind of move on. I don't follow hockey much anymore as a result. Fuck the Hurricanes.
>>
>>64839735
>born in CT raised a Whalers fan
>go to school at NC State

am I allowed to cheer for the Hurricanes? Is that turning my back on home?
>>
>lose the chargers

LA is like right down the fucking street from San Diego, Relax.
>>
>>64845318
You know LA and San Diego have like a huge city rivalry, right?

And with traffic, I can fly to New York faster than driving to LA
>>
File: 5452.gif (53 KB, 603x603) Image search: [Google]
5452.gif
53 KB, 603x603
>>64845866

when will the Padres wise up and move to LA too?
>>
>>64845940
LA already has 2 MLB teams tho
>>
>>64839309
Why didn't they call the new team the oilers and take their colours?
>>
>>64838974
>putting money in to a stadium that you will never see a cent back of
>>
>>64838974
Sonics fan here, nothing has really filled the void for me. It's going to hurt, plain and simple. And the pain doesn't get any easier. I'm not one of the Sonics fans clawing for any NBA team because I don't want other cities to know how it feels.

But I can also sympathize with those who do, because losing a team really hurts and some fans want to fill the void any way they can.
>>
>>64839065
Did you start watching the Knicks instead?
>>
>>64839065
It's the same market though? Why does it matter?
>>
>>64838974
Are you going to stop being a fan? I mean, they're moving, but not all that far away. A lot of people live further from their closest team.
>>
>>64846484
Again LA and SD have a huge city rivalry, like New York vs Boston. You don't get it. Its like asking for Red Sox fans to cheer for the Yankees if the Sox moved
>>
>>64846311

Bud Adams took the name and history with him to Nashville.
>>
>>64838974

Once you realize that sports franchises are just toys wealthy people own so they can show them off to other wealthy people, you stop caring about locality.

But whatever, I think it hilarious to watch cites get cucked by them time and time again.
>>
>>64845866
Sorry, but SD will always play second fiddle to the LA-Bay rivalries. Most Angelenos see SD as a nice little city to visit for the weekend, nothing more.
>>
File: rivs.jpg (56 KB, 700x519) Image search: [Google]
rivs.jpg
56 KB, 700x519
>>64839322
>Dean, the greedy fuck
protecting your hundreds-of-million dollar business is greedy as fuck.

the real suckers here are the SD residents who think they're owed something but won't pay taxes towards a new stadium.

as an orange county resident and chargers fan: lol!

PS having a team in your city does nothing to improve revenues in the surrounding businesses. this has been proven.
>>
>>64847113
That's funny because most Angelenos see SF as a nice little city to visit for the weekend, nothing more
>>
>>64838974
My father is originally from portland , moved to oakland around the 70s

I grew up a raider fan because of him. I was born in oakland but moved to LA in 91. This is really a weird situation for me because I don't know what to feel.

Oakland , LA hell even SD I don't really mind where they play as long as it is in california I geuss.

I don't think others feel the same
>>
>>64845866
Meh, as a current Angeleno who grew up a San Diegan there isn't much of a rivalry. SD just kinda has a little brother complex sportswise, and hates LA for being the trashy dump that it is. And 99% of the people who I run into and tell I'm from San Diego tell me the love it. The only hate I've really felt was for the Padres and its really just because they're a division rival to the Dodgers but nothing more than that really.
>>
>>64838974
What happens if your team has to stay and the league moves one or two of the others instead, would you go back cheering for them knowing this same shit might happen again in five years?
>>
>>64847246
I imagine they would want the NFL to force a new owner

I don't think anyone would cheer for the team otherwise if the owner that tried to fuck over the fanbase is still in place
>>
>>64847142
Except the Bay has a culture that's pretty different from LA. SD is just LA lite.
>>
Cleveland fan.

If anything, it gives you a team to root against. I will fucking despise the Ravens until the day I die and even though the Browns are the shittiest team to ever exist, I take immense pleasure in anything bad happening to the Ravens.

I will be joining you in hating the new LA teams. Hopefully they won't win anything for a long, long time.
>>
File: CTGNjn9UsAAMDA4.jpg (10 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
CTGNjn9UsAAMDA4.jpg
10 KB, 320x320
LA guy here. Having Basketball, FINALLY Football again (10x better since I can see Broncos games in Cali without getting shot by Raiders fans), hockey, soccer, etc. Life's good man.

As to you OP. Sry man. But...watch me whip. Watch me paepae
>>
>>64847137
>protecting your hundreds-of-million dollar business is greedy as fuck.

>moving your team to a city that hates it
>protecting it

>the real suckers here are the SD residents who think they're owed something but won't pay taxes towards a new stadium.
San Diego residents pay taxes to keep the stadium repaired to the minimal degree it is. Not only that, but it is greedy as fuck to demand the community pay to construct a facility that you collect revenues from, demand that community additionally pay to attend a game at the venue they paid for, and also pay the cost of upkeep as well? Fuck you Dean. I hope you burn in the ninth circle of Hell.
>>
File: 1356890489593.png (38 KB, 534x627) Image search: [Google]
1356890489593.png
38 KB, 534x627
>>64847306

>I will be joining you in hating the new LA teams

Giants fan here. I will do so too.

New Yorkers and people from Chicago still come to the Meadowlands/Soldier Field even when the Giants/Jets/Bears are shit. What makes "people" from L.A. so special that they just stay home? I know the weather isn't an excuse.

Just watch. The second the new-and-shiny allure wears off on whichever team(s) move to L.A., they won't be able to get people to come to games if they gave seats away for free.
>>
>>64847306
This is my problem with rooting for the Raiders or the Rams if they come back to LA. Both teams lost my loyalty when they left and now they expect me to welcome them back with open arms? Fuck them. Fuck the NFL. Fuck these shitty games that the owners play on us.
>>
>>64847401
Isn't the Bay Area the most evil one here because they are going to still have 2 teams, while not selling their games out and be considerably smaller than NYC/LA/CHI?

Oakland didn't even have a plan to keep their team.
>>
File: burning.jpg (20 KB, 537x391) Image search: [Google]
burning.jpg
20 KB, 537x391
>>64847337
>but it is greedy as fuck to demand the community pay to construct a facility that you collect revenues from
why? no other owners in any sports do.
>>
>>64847457

You're forgetting the history aspect of the 49ers/Raiders. If it weren't for the Raiders, Oakland would just be where San Francisco keeps all its trash.
>>
Leafs were taken from Toronto in 1967. This cheap imposter of dogshit has made me hate hockey.
>>
>>64847299
Fuck you. LA is cancer.
>>
>>64847467
Are you really asking why it's greedy?
>>
>>64846221
Bring the Padres to the Inland Empire and rebrand as the Inland Empire Goats
>>
>>64839035
>Football purgatory
>Missourian

This is why people say KC teams belong to Kansas you faggot.
>>
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-la-relocation-20160112-story.html

So let me get this straight, Oakland does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and gets to keep their team?

Is that what's going to happen? Is this how real life works?

They need to let the NFL fans decide who gets to go to LA, not billionaire owners. The Raiders are going to be LA's team now, tomorrow, and forever. They have nothing to do with Oakland
>>
>>64847588
>raidnigger finally coming to terms with what everybody told him for weeks
>>
>>64847615
Spanos isn't going to abandon Davis, you idiot. And Davis could always jump on and move in with Kroenke before Spanos does.

There's no way the NFL will succeed in LA without the Raiders. None.
>>
>>64847517
>option 1: you fork out millions of dollars to build a stadium for your multi-million dollar business to operate in
>option 2: move to a different city where they will build a stadium for you.

are you retarded?
>>
>>64847632
The owners won't give la to Davis and they won't give the raiders to la because they don't want to be infested with gangbanging niggers and spics

Get over it
>>
>>64847615
lol if the Rams and Chargers come to LA, I guarantee you there are going to be ARMED Raider fans ready to greet them. I hope everyone enjoys all the deaths.

All the NFL has to do to prevent this is to give our team back. Is hundreds of deaths really worth it? Just for a few dollars?
>>
There's no way in hell all three teams are allowed to move, so what happens to the team that doesn't get the green light to move? I think the Chargers stay.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 600x450
>>64847664
Based Ireland

LA Spics get fucked, Raiders belong in the Bay.
>>
>>64847731
Raiders stay and the nfl strong arms Oakland into some kind of deal or looks to move them elsewhere
>>
File: robber.jpg (55 KB, 960x658) Image search: [Google]
robber.jpg
55 KB, 960x658
>>64847668
>thinking any of these rich sports stars wouldn't live in
>west hollywood
>venice beach
>santa monica
>anywhere in orange county

on a side note lots of LA residents are excited to have the rams and chargers coming to town.

>hurrr im such a hardcore raider fan i'm going to commit murder to a celebrity of another team
seriously, anon
>>
>>64847632

Spanos is joining Kroenke, he just can't do so publicly because he needs to look loyal to the original deal with the raiders.

The LA times reported that today and are expecting a chargers/rams combo, about two hour ago.
>>
>>64846433
Yes
>>64846476
I wouldn't have minded if they didn't make such a meme about it. Plus in NJ we are one of the most populated states. We deserve more teams. It's bad enough we have The Jets and Giants here and they still call them New York Teams

Plus fuck Brooklyn
>>
>>64847731
The Chargers should stay

Spanos says the LA market is 25% of his business. Now I may have flunked math like 2 times in High School, but that's less than half of his business am I wrong? So where is the other 75% of his business coming from I wonder?

Chargers also have 0 history in LA. They literally played there for 1 fucking year in Pasadena before packing it up and moving to SD for the remainder of their history.

Meanwhile the Rams played in LA for 30+ fucking years and the raiders for 12

The Chargers literally have no fans in LA, and if they do move, I personally cant wait to laugh at spanos when his team is constantly playing away games
>>
File: smukraider.png (133 KB, 800x838) Image search: [Google]
smukraider.png
133 KB, 800x838
>Raiders move to LA and they are closer to me

>Raiders stay in Oakland and thry get 9 home games a year with the Chargers in LA
>>
>>64847641
No. Just loyal, unlike Spanos.

I'm realistic enough to know that pissing off the bulk of 75% of season ticket holders that reside in San Diego to retain a fictional 25% of their business that resides outside of San Diego, primarily in Los Angeles (if they're to be believed) makes no fucking sense. Nearly every poll has shown that the Chargers are the least favorite team of the three options to return to LA in any capacity. They haven't been able to do shit in LA for 20 years with no competition. How exactly are they going to compete against either other team with an entrenched fan base? They're not. They're going to be the NFL Clippers. They will have no home field advantage because San Diego is not going to support the Chargers in LA, the season ticket holders in LA are just ticket brokers who resell tickets to fans of the visiting team, and most of those who have been Charger fans will have a Raiders or Rams jersey in the back of their closet, and will jump back to whichever comes back.

So
>Negotiate, make concessions, come to a financing agreement in SD, stay in a market where my team has been loved for 50+ years, retain 75% of existing business accepting that I'm going to need to roll back the revenue clock 20 years back to how projections looked back when there were teams in LA, get new stadium, be embraced by the community again, have a home field advantage
or
>Be an entitled fuck, demand everything or nothing, be out the bulk of 75% of my season ticket revenue in San Diego, take the team to a venue where it is disliked, depend on an disloyal 25% that will most likely shrink considering I won't be coming to LA alone, best case scenario lose 60% of existing season ticket sales revenue, but probably lose more, receive higher TV revenue, get new stadium, have it always be full of visiting team fans, have no home field advantage

There is more to this than who pays for the stadium in the long run. Dean is retarded for not seeing this.
>>
>>64847771
>lots of LA residents are excited to have the chargers coming to town.

Only looks like 27 people to me at wechargela.com
>>
>>64847457
>while not selling their games out
Oakland
O.Co for that fact has a limit on the seating

despite this they have had the best attendance in the past 10 years

it shows as low 30 average because oc.o only extends the seating from 50000 to the limit for baseball .
>>
>>64847764
>LA spics and Bay spics are different
lel
>>
I support a team from another continent so why can't ameriblobs still supporting the same teams from a few miles away.
>>
>>64847925
>i ran all the numbers
>i'm smarter than the accountants working for the chargers organization
>it's in Spanos's best interest to pay for his own stadium in SD because he'll retain season ticket holders
>Dean isn't seeing this!

you truly are a retard.
>>
>>64847481
Really because the Oakland A's were far better than anything the Giants have done until recent years.

Hell, historically and yes that includes even now, Oakland is the best California team.
>>
>>64848187
It's okay to admit you simplified things. You don't need to resort to purely ad hominems because you can't debate anything I said. I'm basing everything everything I said on statistics voiced multiple times by Mark Fabiani (Special Council to Dean Spanos in case you didn't know) as well as Dean Spanos himself. Are you suggesting they don't know the statistics? Are you suggesting that they might not be reporting them accurately? I'm simply taking what they said at face value, and honestly, I'm saying the same things countless other reporters, radio hosts, and personalities related to a potential departure from San Diego have been saying for the better part of the past year that everyone connected to the Chargers refused to acknowledge. If anyone is communicating as though they have some hidden insight, it is you, amigo.
>>
I'm fine with it, because its absolutely retarded that a multi billion dollar business resorts to basically extorting a shitload of money from the City they play in to upgrade their facilities.

Not to mention my waning interest in the NFL due to the increasing prevalence of advertisements during the broadcast,not to mention the rules taking the ENTERTAINMENT part out of the game(I mean jesus christ, how can you flag someone for celebrating) I'm sure some butthurt faggots hated when TO, Joe Horn, Chad Johnson, Deion Sanders, et all "taunted" the opposing team and fans, but if you don't want them celebrating DON'T LET THEM SCORE.

But I guess thats just the world we live in now, where its all about MUH FEELINGS, and MUH INTREGRITY(lol),
>>
>>64848270
>that includes even now, Oakland is the best California team
bro, even the padres finished better than the As
>>
>>64848290
>Are you suggesting they don't know the statistics?
are you suggesting you know them better?
are you suggesting they might move to another city for shits and giggles?

retard
>>
>>64839042
you have a minor league team in gwinnet go and buy a glass seat for $20
>>
>>64847925
>They're going to be the NFL Clippers
Not even
I'm not the raidnigger that posts shit like yeah la raza holmes them raiders own la but the truth is

If rams and raiders moved back in it would be
Dodgers/Lakers/Kings/Raiders
Angels/Clippers/Ducks/Rams
>>
>>64847925
if you wanted loyalty you would have Aztec season tickets not tickets to an NFL corporation
>>
>>64848373
>furpuck ahead of NFL
>>64846221
LA has one team anaheim has one LA needs two teams
>>
>>64848399
I'm just stating the facts in no order but in level of importance as of right now as a LA resident
>>
>>64848367
>are you suggesting you know them better?
Not at all. As I said, I'm just repeating them as they were shared by the Chargers, and to me those statistics don't add up profitably, so as if often the case with public figures, they are either idiots or liars. They have said they expect San Diego fans to drive to Carson. I can see a person of Spanos's wealth being out of touch enough to believe this, and if he does believe that, he may believe profitability projections based on fan retention estimations that are completely unrealistic to anyone not employed by the Chargers.

Also, do you have a tic by any chance? You keep repeating yourself.
>>
>>64848452
I mean in no order but right now looking at it is kinda is in level of importance

boy I fucked that up
>>
>>64848456
plenty of people from flyover states drive hours upon hours to go see NFL games live why are Californians so entitled
>>
>>64848373
I get that anon, but that is based on the Rams and Raiders going back which is seemingly increasingly less likely. I'm saying that in the situation where the Chargers and Rams or Raiders go back, the Rams or Raiders would be in the top line, and the Chargers would be in the bottom line.
>>
>>64848386
That's a great point. The only problem is that while I am an SDSU Alumnus, my family didn't raise me taking me to Aztec games every weekend. They took me to Chargers games, and that has been a part of my family's culture for three generations at this point. I might have to look into getting Aztec tickets though. Thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>64848480
>people from states with nothing else to look forward to will drive hours to see an NFL game

>Californians have a myriad of shit they can do instead of putting up with horrendous traffic to see a shitty team go play football

Either way it doesn't matter. If it happens it happens and for Spanos and the NFL's sake, if the Chargers are on of the teams to move it better work out,
>>
>>64848332
Historically, even now I meant as in. Including the 3 Giants WS wins since 2010 they're still historically the best team in California.
>>
iTT American problems

That's what you get for being the most capitalist country in the world but having a socialism like sports organisation
>>
>>64848480
It isn't an issue of entitlement. Just one of rivalry. Whether LA feels the same way or not, the bulk of the San Diego sports community feels an intense rivalry with LA. For decades Los Angelinos came to SD and shit on the Chargers and Padres, and by moving our Chargers from San Diego, and taking them to LA, and giving them to the same Los Angelinos who only ever shit on them and talked about why they were so bad, I know its become a meme, but it feels very cucky, and even though I'll be accused of being one, I am no cuck. My family has had season tickets for decades. We'd pack up and drive hours to go to every home game, with the exception being when I lived in San Diego and they'd still pack and drive and meet me, and Dean Spanos choosing to relocate and not stay in San Diego comes off as his saying "It's not enough, the grass looks greener on the other side." Does it Dean? Go for it. You want it, go get it. I won't be going with you though. In fact you can fuck right off out of here because I'm done with you, and I know I'm not the only one. It is more about self respect and dignity than a sense of entitlement.
>>
>2 hour drive if relocated
>bad
Least you have the Aztecs
>>
The colts left Baltimore before I was born but 95% of older dudes hate the colts here. I've heard stories of grown men crying when the team left, eventually you follow another team but its not the same for most people
>>
>>64847668
>Californians' lives
>Worth anything

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>64847771
Is that a risk you're willing to take though? There's going to be a lot of shootings at NFL games, especially if the Raiders play the Chargers

This isn't a joke. People could die
>>
>>64848628
I honestly feel like more people go to aztec games then the chargers
Also, any /SDSU/ students out there?
>>
>>64848576
8 rings >2 rings
>>
>>64848694
That probably has more to do with the way the Colts left Baltimore
>>
>>64848608
we have more than one sport and more cities capable of hosting sports teams than we have spots for major league sports teams. Go prep the refugee Fritz
>>
>>64848844
What do you mean by 2 rings? I don't know any team I'm talking about or you could be confused I'm talking about that has 2 rings only.
>>
File: 1362098594234.jpg (103 KB, 387x499) Image search: [Google]
1362098594234.jpg
103 KB, 387x499
>>64847875
that already happens in san diego
>>
Why can't they just move the Raiders home already.

This is fucking bullshit
>>
File: bakersfeel.png (119 KB, 547x717) Image search: [Google]
bakersfeel.png
119 KB, 547x717
>>64848518
I sort of know that feel. The minor league baseball team wants to relocate up north since they did not get a new stadium, I have already made plans to just go to a fuck ton of CSUB roadrunner ball games if they do leave.

Although the minor league ballpark was built in the 40's and is old as fuck were as CSUBs ballpark was built in 2009 and is cozy as fuck, I am still gonna miss the bobbleheads and other promotions the minor league team had
>>
>>64848938
Disregard I fucked up the post, also doyers have more series than the as out west
>>
Is there any way to give up the Padres instead of the Chargers?
>>
>>64849202
>wanting to lose 80 nights of sports instead of 10
are you trying to kill even more jobs?
>>
>>64849235

>baseball
>sport

lol. Fuck boreball. I hope they dynamite Petco park and put low cost housing there
>>
>>64848386
>>64848518

Aztecs are on the up and up too. Just won the MWC title (went to that game, shit was tense as fuck) and blew out Cincinnati in their bowl game. Pretty good D with a strong run game. Start supporting those fucks
>>
>>64849245
nigger spotted
>>
>>64849342
Most people in SD would gladly pay more taxes if it meant keeping the Chargers

I know I would. I made $75,000/year. $7,500 to keep the Chargers is ok
>>
>>64849370
>ameriblobs are this cucked by billionaires
>>
>>64849370
>I know I would. I made $75,000/year. $7,500 to keep the Chargers is ok

>I would gladly give 1/10th of my paycheck to ensure that a corporation makes more money
>>
File: 723a_lg.jpg (161 KB, 1215x712) Image search: [Google]
723a_lg.jpg
161 KB, 1215x712
>>64838974
Who says you can't go home again ?
>>
>>64849370
I live in Encinitas, I'm all for letting the dumb fucks that actually live within the San Diego city limits pay for it.
>>
>>64849370
Dunno where you live, sadly most people I know are completely apathetic toward the Chargers, I don't blame them with Spanos being at the helm.
>>
>>64849816
What a cuck, there are rich old fucks that live outside of town that pay money like that for a luxury box, and you are gonna give up 10% of your modest takehome >FOR FREE
>>
>>64846311
Ass Adams is a gigantic faggot
>>
>>64847337
Plus native san diegans are pretty down for the taxes but faggots move here fromall over and bring their shitty team loyalties wwith them.

They all vote against shit and clog up our stadium with away fans making us look like jack asses.
>>
North Stars fag here

It sucked when they left, but I liked the sport enough to keep following. I tried other teams (Mighty Ducks, Blues), but none felt the same. Stuck with the Blues for about 3 years until the Wild came into existence
>>
The sport just stops mattering.

Which is great news for you OP, you'll have more time for other activities.
>>
File: 1446950527902.jpg (36 KB, 723x723) Image search: [Google]
1446950527902.jpg
36 KB, 723x723
>people willingly agreeing to be taxed to shit so the shitty Spanos stay in San Diego with a rotting football team

I know loyalty means a lot but this pain is temporary. I'd never wish what Charger fans are going through on anyone.
>>
File: 1451925110164.jpg (38 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1451925110164.jpg
38 KB, 500x376
>>64848480
Because it's not about what Angelinos want. A stadium and a team in LA means billions more in TV rights. That's not money for the LA teams, that's for all the teams.
>>
My dad was a Dodgers fan his whole life, when I was 6 years old he took me to see the games. I was like 8 when they moved, I couldn't understand why then. When my Dad heard he took his hat off, lowered his head, and sighed. He never watched baseball or took me to any games after that so I lost interest. I moved to metro Detroit for work after the war. The '84 season sparked my interest again. I took my son to see the Tigers and now he takes his son. Unfortunately my dad died when the Y*nkees were the only team, so I put his dodgers cap in the casket with him.

So to answer your question, there's no way to deal with it. My dad went to the grave a Brooklyn fan and I'll always hold a special place in my heart for those memories
>>
It sucks watching the Braves move out of Atlanta to the suburbs. I wasn't really attached to baseball but I am not enthusiastic to the move. A lot of people in Atlanta cared about the Braves. Many more care about how SunTrust Park will cause commute issues. Many more are just pissed about the tax money being poured into the project.

It's a pain that nobody should bare. I wish that the bigger leagues like the NFL allowed public ownership again.
>>
>>64857033
There is no way that you're 67 years old
>>
>>64848399

Anaheim is basically LA.

LA doesn't need anymore sports teams you fucking faggot
>>
What are some teams that will most likely never leave their city?
>>
I think most people will hate the LA teams, because they don't deserve 2
>>
>>64858637
Green Bay, literally

They're a corporation, but they don't sell "real" stock

Anyone else, all it takes is one shitty owner to ruin it all
>>
>>64848481

orange county is already filled with charger fans so i agree with you, angels/ducks fans overlap with chargers fans
>>
Raleighfag here, getting more and more worried Quebec is gonna try to cuck >us out of the city's only pro team.
>>
>>64858441
Contrary to your belief the internet isn't some little kid millennial club. My grandson taught me how to use it now I spend my time shitposting while my wife sews
>>
>>64858628
No it isn't, Jose.
>>
>>64858820
I like you
>>
Dad grew up in LA, we have lived in San Diego since I was born (22 years ago), he is still a Rasm fan
>>
I'm sorry, why won't the NFL just let the Raiders and Rams come to LA and leave the Chargers in SD?

THE EAGLES, GIANTS, AND JETS ALL PLAY WITHIN 90 MILES OF EACH OTHER AND THERE'S NO FUCKING PROBLEM
>>
>>64857033
well memed
>>
>>64858815
I really, really don't want you guys to lose the Canes ;_; I had fun when I went to a game there

But with attendance bottoming out and the team not getting any better, I don't see how it can be saved in time ;_;
>>
>>64858836

Yes, it is, you fucking faggot. Orange "county" is literally 5 minutes from LA and there is no major geographical feature separating you two

It's the LA for rich white fucks that want to retire but not be too far from that shithole of a city
>>
>>64858820
Get the fuck outta here gramps, the big kids are talking.
>>
>>64859056
>Orange County
>"White"

LOL OC is only like 41% white nowadays
>>
>>64838974
You're a fucking retard and probably either a transplant, live in North County, or went to private school if you think schools for Mexicans should not be the number one priority in San Diego. Most schools throughout the city have just been utterly demolished by Mexicans getting bussed in from all around the county, and if their schools weren't shit they wouldn't be bussed in. My high school's enrollment (University City) was composed of less than 10% of kids actually from the community, over 60% of kids were bussed in and the rest were from Clairemont and Mira Mesa, so fuck you.
>>
>>64859004
The team is getting better though, the prospects they've stockpiled are slowly trickling onto the NHL roster, and the Metro is clogged as fuck. As of right now, they're 4 points out of the 8 seed, so it's not impossible.

You're absolutely right though, if they don't make the playoffs by 2020, the new owner's moving them without question.
>>
>>64838974
>relocating teams
American 'sports' eveybody
>>
File: 1398676526787.jpg (74 KB, 662x712) Image search: [Google]
1398676526787.jpg
74 KB, 662x712
>trying to get a job in SoCal
>get an phone interview with a old mexican lady
>can't understand her thick accent
>hang up the call

I think I'm just gonna be homeless guys
>>
>>64859076
The difference between you and me is that I worked, started a family, and retired before I started wasting my life on 4chan
>>
All I want is the Raiders to come home :(
>>
>>64859193

>he didn't graduate from college

Top kek faggot
>>
File: smug angel frog.png (248 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
smug angel frog.png
248 KB, 4500x4334
>>64859056
>>64859087
>I've literally never been to Orange County
>>
File: 1412702580500.png (99 KB, 724x611) Image search: [Google]
1412702580500.png
99 KB, 724x611
>>64859232
>falling for the going to college meme
>>
LA Raider bros, how should we react if the Raiders don't come here?

I really want blood to be spilled. This is literally our heritage and the NFL is gonna piss all over it
>>
moving the chargers to la is so fuckin pointless, la is just raider and rams fans, gl op
>>
>>64859249

I have. If the signs weren't in place you wouldn't be able to tell the difference from a drive from Dana Point to woodland hills

It's all LA. It's one huge indistinguishable metro area
>>
>>64859263

>me
>career

Pick 2

>you
>broke unemployed poorfag

Pick 2
>>
>>64859263
aren't you the guy who literally does not have a job?
>>
File: 1360125153823.png (81 KB, 356x418) Image search: [Google]
1360125153823.png
81 KB, 356x418
>>64859153
I think they have to make the playoffs next year or they're moving

The only way they don't move to Quebec is if Columbus beats them to it
>>
>>64838974
Is still the closest team to you, you just have to drive more than twenty minutes to get there. Stop being such a fairweather fuck and support your team.
>>
>>64859495
The lease isn't up until 2020, and PNC Arena isn't falling apart or anything. They have time, but Francis and Peters to jump-start the rebuild right the fuck now if they want to keep the team here
>>
Honestly, you should be happy the Chargers aren't in San Diego anymore since they won't be the market game every week so you don't have to worry about them being blacked out constantly
>>
File: Fluker.jpg (11 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
Fluker.jpg
11 KB, 300x200
>>64859568
Life long Padres Chargers fan and this is my position.

Qualcomm sucks, who gives a shit if they play in LA. I don't.
>>
>>64859674

>he doesn't use acestream

Back2Reddit
>>
>>64859681
I'm not a Chargers fan but I'm sad to see them go because there will not be the same sense of community on Monday after wins anymore. I probably won't live in San DIego permanently again for the rest of my life, but I'm a Rams fan and sad to see the Chargers go. Glad the Rams will be back though since I'm very likely moving to SGV after college.
>>
>>64859725
some people like to go to bars
>>
>>64858820
You're pretty cool, gramps
>>
>>64838974

Lol at OP for thinking civic pride is paying for a billionaire's business expense so some grown men play a game.
>>
>>64849863
Every Los Angelino who'll never go to a LA Chargers game. That's who.
>>
File: DSIC.png (148 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
DSIC.png
148 KB, 312x312
>>64859326
I'll tell you what you do.
>Buy an industrial grade 5 gallon container on hydrochloric acid
Find this fuck right here.
>kidnap
>tie down
>grant putasos to your hearts content
You may be wondering why the hydrochloric acid. At this point
>start cutting pieces off of him
>throw them in the acid
>when he is about to die, give him a Columbian necktie
>piss on whats left
>throw it into the vat of acid
It's better than that piece of shit Judas deserves.
>>
I've been an Rams fan since I was born. They moved when I was 4. I'll still be a fan of the team if they move again or not. You don't get to change your team brehs.
>>
Well, it was nice knowing you guys
>>
>>64864952
>You don't get to change your team brehs
Tell that to the city of Seattle
>>
>>64864858
>implying they wont bandwagon them once a 5 game hot streak happens
>>
>>64871834
As long as Dean Spanos remains in charge surrounded by LA money that will never happen again.
>>
>>64857171
the barfs are just moving to the rich white suburbs where all their STHs are
>>
>>64859495
cbus is not moving before carolina or florida
>>
>>64838974
Chargers have one more year in San Diego.
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.