[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets admit it /sp/ The passion shown by the Bengals in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4
Lets admit it /sp/

The passion shown by the Bengals in the last two minutes of the game was the only exciting aspect of the game. Instead of chastising these players for their "disgraceful" conduct, we should praise them for making the game fun. I would even go a step further and say there should be an award for the player who shows the most passion.

MVC - Most Valuable Chimp
>>
>trying to hit a guy so hard he can't feed his kids anymore
>passion

nope
>>
If it was literally anyone but Antonio brown it would not have been targeting.
>>
>>64808228
Someone on /sp/ actually believes this
>>
>>64808228

Are you retarded? He was literally trying to end his career.
>>
File: 1428160636820.gif (443 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
1428160636820.gif
443 KB, 400x296
>>64808291

>tfw I posted Antonio Brown in the daily Stephen Curry career ending injury thread
>tfw Burfict reads /sp/ before games
>>
>>64808228

How's 8th grade buddy?
>>
>>64808259
>>64808291

>pads, helmets, kneepads
>game that glorifies violence and condones retaliation
>"Buh-buh-but you can't hit like THIS! That is dangerous! You can't hit certain positions like that! That's dangerous!"

Aren't the pads and helmets supposed to protect against that? Not rules that throw away the game and turn it into refball? America has become immediately pussified to any type of tragedy whatsoever
>>
The bengals should literally kill themselves
Disgrace
>>
>>64808369
fucking this, you faggots might as well watch soccer if you dont like players taking on big hits
>>
>>64808369

because the sport is supposed to be about the athleticism, talent and the tactics employed by the teams not trying to injure the other players.
>>
>Roughing the passer
>Roughing the kicker
>Personal foul
>Illegal contact

Nice pussy sport you've got here amerishits. I didnt know it was a tag rules sport, I thought these died at elementary school
>>
Pretty much
It was another Chiefs Texans shitfest until the final few mins
>>
>>64808967
>soccer
>>
>>64808967
How could I forget
>Unnecessary roughness
>>
>>64808904
>>64808369
there's a difference between that and going for the top of the head when a guy is nearly sideways. you'd have broken necks every game if that was legal, morans.
>>
>>64808369
Have you ever done anything physical in your life? Do you honestly think all hits are the same? Of course there are ways to hit someone that are inherently more dangerous you fucking autist. Do you really think some fucking pads are gonna do anything against a 250 pound man running full speed and crashing into your head?
>>
>>64808354
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>64808162
Found the cuck
>>
>>64808162
>>64808228
20 years ago that hit would have made a highlight tape.
Now it is a suspension, how the game has changed.
>>
>>64810139
>20 years ago

Try 40. That hit wouldn't have been acceptable outside of the 70s.
>>
>>64808217
Maybe it wasn't passion, but it made the game a lot more entertaining.
>>
>>64808967
>>64808988
Its because of lawsuits, and that stupid will smith movie concussion
>>
>>64809146
Lol
>>
>>64808291
>literally
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNuvp9FwnQ4
>>
>>64808967
It wasn't always this way. Before 2000 or 2001 but especially before 1993 or so (dawn of free agency), it was *real* football.

I sometimes feel badly for people who make all the GOAT claims without having seen how watered-down the game is today. To use a phrase sportswriter Greg Easterbrook coined, what we're seeing today is a "football-like substance."
>>
http://spee.sportstoaster.com
>>
Ok regardless of it was targeting or not, even after that, they pushed the ref, that was what was disgraceful. That's just adding insult to injury. If you didn't realize it, the second flag brought them to the 35.
>>
>>64812276
The reason why Jones was so worked up and (very stupidly) bumped the ref, is because Porter was out on the field doing who knows what. Porter's supposedly going to get a fine, and knowing how he was as a player, I wouldn't be surprised if he said something to escalate things.
>>
>>64812456
If you cant take shit talk, you shouldn't be in the NFL
>>
>>64812456
didnt Peko jump on the field with his cape and spill his spaghetti earlier?
>>
>>64808162
This is the truth, there will be no tangible repercussions because players like this drive ratings up and put asses in seats.

The NFL is bullshitting the entire sporting world. They do not care about player safety, if they did then Burfict would have been ejected from the game. Violence makes them money, and IMO there's nothing wrong with watching bc you like that. They're all grown men who are paid to take on those risks.
>>
>>64812456

>saying something makes chimping out acceptable
>>
>>64808162
3/10
>>
>>64808162

He a gub boy
>>
>>64812644
He was, and it was hilarious.

>>64812574
Sure thing, but Porter should have been flagged for being out on the field, so essentially that penalty and Jones' would have offset. The Steelers probably still win, as another 5-10 yards would have given them good position for the field goal, but who knows?
>>
>>64812660
Other then maybe fines but it's usually chump change to the franchise
>>
>>64812716
>breaking the rules and going on the field where he doesn't belong (to probably start trouble) is acceptable
Is that right?
>>
>>64812804
wouldn't offset. Assistant Coach On the Field During Injury and Saying Mean Things is only a 5 yard penalty.
>>
>>64808162
I don't even like handegg and I enjoyed the entire fourth quarter.

>>64811972
Is that why it isn't okay to hit people in the head sometimes, but it is okay other times? I don't understand football penalties at all.
>>
>>64812804
Other players can be on the field when the play is over, that's why there are no penalties when there are 30 seconds on the clock and the quarterback kneels
>>
is there a video of the whole last few minutes of that game? I was watching at a restaurant with no sound and has no idea what was going on
>>
>>64812936
Cont. When the coaches and other players go on the field
>>
>>64808228
It would have been a penalty, but no one would have been whining about it being a disgrace to the game.
>>
>>64812917
No no, its always ok. Defensive players are paid a lot of money to hit hard and cause pain. They always have been and tacitly, they always will be.

The difference is that nowadays, the NFL has to appease its own fans bc suddenly things are getting to rough for their sensibilities.
>>
>>64812856
Any time a coach enters the field when they aren't supposed to do so (whether it's during live action or a timeout) is a 15-yard penalty.
>>
File: wwA9iS5.jpg (139 KB, 1439x659) Image search: [Google]
wwA9iS5.jpg
139 KB, 1439x659
>>64808967
I don't think you have room to talk.
>>
>>64812844
Exactly. And Burfict might be suspended but he will play again. And anyone who thinks he's not being praised and encouraged behind closed doors for playing that way is lying to themselves.

Bengals are probably upset with him for the poor timing costing them the game. But there is not one DC in the NFL who doesn't want an absolute animal like Burfict in their linebacking corps.
>>
Bengals fan here, least we don't cheat as much as the Panthers!
>>
can't lie it was pretty funny when burfict ran out of the stadium when he got that pick
>>
>>64813338
I was hoping with all my heart that he wasn't down by contact. Then he decided to throw the game away anyway. Good times.
>>
File: cookie cat.jpg (619 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
cookie cat.jpg
619 KB, 1080x1080
I hate Burifict but he did nothing wrong yesterday, I think people just listen to the commentators too closely and can't form an opinion of their own.

Sure he was rightfully flagged for the last play, but it honestly didn't look like he intended on concussing anybody, he just wanted to prevent brown for making a move.

Seriously I dare you people to watch a big game on mute with no outside commentary and then go to 4chan and see how different your perception of the game is compared to everybody else.

Burifict should be congratulated for being a leader and playing with so much passion at the end of the game. I mean he WAS the bengals in the 2nd half of that game.
>>
>>64813234
I don't know man. Obviously coaches want someone with that talent and tenacity, but stupid players lose games with their bad decisions. The more talented the player, the longer the leash they're given, but some teams wouldn't take the risk, that is unless they think they could control them.
>>
>>64813389
>I was hoping with all my heart that he wasn't down by contact.
Would have been one of the most hilarious plays in history.>>64813397
>Seriously I dare you people to watch a big game on mute with no outside commentary and then go to 4chan and see how different your perception of the game is compared to everybody else.
>>
>>64813234
Already confirmed Burfict is getting suspended. The phrase "burfict ending to the game" is already in common use.
>>
>>64813397
>Seriously I dare you people to watch a big game on mute with no outside commentary and then go to 4chan and see how different your perception of the game is compared to everybody else.
I was enjoying the game during that brief technical error in the first half. The problem with mute is you lose the ambient sounds too. I'd like to be able to turn the commentary off and just hear the crowd and on-field collisions.
>>
>>64810245
This
>>
>>64813276
What time does your team play next week?
>>
If that was JJ Watt making that same hit we all know it would be the stuff of legends. The person that should be fried in Cincy is that RB that fumbled. DESU Burfict was the only nigga out there still trying to win the game. Everybody else was too busy watching Rapistberger move down the field.

And its hard for me to take these inconsistent rules serious when a defender can fall near Brady's legs, not even touch him, and they call it some kind of penalty.
>>
>>64810245
wrong this is from 2005. This whole concussion shit is very fucking new. These big hits were literally celebrated by EVERYBODY. It was an accepted part of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8JUAYHRK3k
>>
>>64810245
>doesnt remember JACKED UP on mnf
>>
Reminder to vote the brave dindu Richard Sherman as the Walter Peyton man of the year
>>
>>64814113
He is the most exposed player of the year tbqh
>>
Burfict is the modern day Jack Tatum

His spirit and soul lives rages on
>>
>>64813882
This was fucking fun to watch. No fun league is real.

GOT JACKED UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved it.
>>
Is this playing with passion?

https://vine.co/v/iMuO9BaxgQT
>>
If you were a QB and enjoyed staying healthy, would you rather play against Suh or Burfict?
>>
Its funny cuz pacman tried to be good all game. Peacemaker in many scuffles. Porter didn't even seem to be saying anything his smug face just cause Pac to snap
>>
>>64813276
okay bud
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.