[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hold up. Hold up. *RECORD SCRATCHES* *FRAME FREEZES* You're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 1033x765) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 1033x765
Hold up. Hold up. *RECORD SCRATCHES* *FRAME FREEZES* You're probably sitting there wondering how I, Leo Messi, have come to be considered as the best player of all time by most armchair football analysts everywhere. Imagine that! Me, a 5'5 Manlet with no heading ability, never won anything for my country, never performed outside of the same system, considered as the absolute GOAT! Haha, it's pretty funny to me too! Well it all started in 2006 after the universal decline in football...
>>
good thread
>>
>>64772494
*OLD FOOTAGE REWINDS* see after the 2006 world cup, any player who would put me to shame either declined substantially, or retired all together! It got so bad that someone like Pique is considered as an elite defender nowadays! Haha. But enough about that. Here's some highlights from my performance in the 2010 world cup..Oh what? There were no highlights? Moving on...
>>
I don't even think I have a picture good enough to show how butthurt you are right now.

So have this picture of Federer making the exact same smirking face 6 different times, since it accurately describes how much of a joke you are.
>>
>>64772494
>I, Leo Messi, have come to be considered as the best player of all time
Probably by spending your life searching social input in internet instead of enjoying the beautiful scenary of a semi cloudy evening like this one or honing any kind of abilities
>>
you are a worthless retard who has resorted to shitposting in an effort to cover up the numerous times you have been called and blown the fuck out in countless threads about mandril and MESSI. your knowledge about football is pathetic and so are your attempts to fit in by posting controversial (read: retarded) garbage in a pseudo-confident manner.

stop posting any time.
>>
Anta baka
>>
>>64772807
Mad that Real Madrid >>> Bayern
>>
>>64772807
>this mad
Woah woah woah. Step off that ledge my friend.
>>
I think you're talking about Ronaldo, sandnigger.
People who sit on their armchair and just look at how many goals he scored. Messi is literally Maradona, but scores more.
>>
File: justkillme.jpg (73 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
justkillme.jpg
73 KB, 900x900
>>64772494
>its a lebanese mandrilfag thread
>>
>>64772870
>implying you've ever seen Maradona play
>>
>all these ass assblasted messi dick riders

based sandnig
>>
>>64772494

The average YouTube commenter, gentlemen.
>>
File: ARG-FUT-Messi-+-Aguero-s[1].jpg (74 KB, 650x390) Image search: [Google]
ARG-FUT-Messi-+-Aguero-s[1].jpg
74 KB, 650x390
>>64772494
>never won anything for my country
lelbanon
>>
>>64772916
U-21 doesn't count.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 236x236
>>64772916
>Argentina U-23
>>
Well, Messi's era has been dominated by Germany and Spain. They have remarkable national teams (the best spanish generation ever).
>>
>>64772974
>wins olympic gold medal
>b-b-but it doesn't count
lel
>>
not exactly his fault that Higuain is a choker bitch
>>
>>64772997
Didn't Mexico win the last one lel
>>
>>64772983
>Germany

You can't class one tournament win as domination. They were chokers in every competition before 2014.
>>
>>64772983
>spain

it's been Germany knocking them out. every single time. 2006,2010,2014
>>
>>64772983

Argentina's current generation is better than Germany's. If Agüero and Di Maria were fit for the final surely they'd have won it.
>>
>>64772997
So he has 1 trophy for Argentina at a U-21 level. There's no doubt Messi is GOAT but its clear he doesn't perform as well for country as he does for club. Which is probably due to the system Argentina uses
>>
>Smash Mouth - All Star starts playing
>>
lay 3am tetmanyak ya sa7be?
>>
>Benzema 9
I thought you had to be of age to come into this site
>>
>>64773043
>people actually believe this

my fucking sides.
>>
>>64773043
>a lot of strikers and some other forwards
>better generation
Our best midfielder has to be literally Messi by obligation because anyone else is barely even redeemable at an elite level.
>>
File: 1440619636028.jpg (27 KB, 324x278) Image search: [Google]
1440619636028.jpg
27 KB, 324x278
>>64773043

>Argentina's current generation is better than Germany's
>>
>>64772494
>Buttblasted Madridiot
No treble this year either huh AYYLMAO
>>
>>64773094
this, sadly
>>
>>64773094
>who is Di Maria
>who is Mascherano
>>
>>64773043
>Argentina's current generation is better than Germany's

there is more to football than attacking....o wait, look at that flag
>>
>>64773142
over the past 5 years, no NT of relevance has scored more goals than Germany

Germany's attack is and always has been better than Argentina's
>>
>>64773086
>>64773094
>>64773096
>the game was 0-0 until the 113' minute
>implying having a couple of the main attacking players fit wouldn't be enough
>>
>>64773126
>Di Maria
>midfielder
Now I know you just watch le big matches and buy every meme coaches do on a whim. Is Pepe a Left Mid too just because Mourinho used him there against Barca in 2011?
>Mascherano
>even close to elite at this point
He fluked a 2007-level run at the WC -with a team literally made so that he could perform better- and the fact that we got to the final while we were barely scraping by mere matches before that when Masche was playing like shit is proof enough that we don't have any midfielders: even a 1-dimensional DM doing his 1-dimensional job well could be enough, but we don't even have that.
>>
>carries arg to WC final
>carries arg to CA final
>hurr doesn't perform for country
>>
>>64773167
Di Maria played his best football ever for Madrid when Ancelotti played him at CM along with Modric. He was amazing that season. Better than he ever performed on the wing, mostly because he was much more consistent.
>>
>>64773164
if Reus and Khedira had been fit, we'd have won the game in normal time
and beaten you 24-0
>>
>>64773164
>Germany have the quality, but are a bunch of proven chokers
>Argentina with a working-class team who worked their asses off to get to that point
This is a pretty clear cut matter. Did Greece have the best players at 2004?

We have a lot of great strikers and the best forward depth out of any NT, but that's not enough in modern midfield-dominated football. Thing is, we still could have a better team in terms of names and system than we currently have, but even that wouldn't be world class. It would just be serviceable enough to let Messi, Aguero and co. do their job, like the '86 team was serviceable enough to let Maradona GOAT it up and Burru+Valdano contribute with whatever they could
>>
File: drake.jpg (57 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
drake.jpg
57 KB, 640x480
>>64772494
>using this /tv/ meme on spee
>>
>>64773219
di maría is a winger, where he has played 90% of his career and where he plays with his national team
>>
>>64772494
TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
HOL UP SO YOU FINNA TRYNA TELL ME THIS IS SOME SORT OF SHITPOSTING THRED?
>>
>>64773161
not in players, in play absolutely, but it takes a strong midfield and defense to built up a successful attack. messi, dimaria, aguero, higuain, individualy no german player is better than any.
>>
>>64773354
I'd take Muller before Higuaín and probably not-peak DiMa (which is more often than not) .
>>
Neuer > Romero
Lahm > Zabaleta
Hummels > Demichelis
Boateng > Garay
Howedes > Rojo
Kramer < Mascherano
Schweini > Biglia
Kroos > Perez
Muller > Lavezzi
Ozil < Messi
Klose > Higuain (on World Cup form)

Why exactly are people claiming that Argentina had a better team? Especially considering the fact that 6 of their starting players were used to playing together at Bayern
>>
>>64773403
>Schweini

Stop this shit
>>
>>64773403
Ozil was better for Germany in 2010 than Messi ever was for Argentina
>>
>>64773354
literally this flag, this topic: the post
Müller is better than any Argie player except Messi
>>
>Ronaldo socres 5 against Granada
>literally who Granada, penaldo shit

>Messi scores 3 against Granada
>THE GOAT GUYZ
>>
>>64773581
Maybe because Messi does so much more than score and would still be a fantastic player if he never scored?
>>
>>64773619
I don't think this phenomenon has to do with general skills completely, I'm one of those who think that each one has his own strong points as opposed t the other.

But I'm trying to reflect the generalised bandwagonning when comparing the same or a similar performance by the 2.
>>
File: Cristina Ronalda.png (35 KB, 481x286) Image search: [Google]
Cristina Ronalda.png
35 KB, 481x286
>>64773581
>>Ronaldo socres 5 against Granada
>4 of them were via Penalty and 1 was a tap in

>daring to compare the GOAT with the pedo known as cristiano rolando
>>
>>64773581
>le tap in meme man
>>
>>64773667
>I'm one of those who think that each one has his own strong points as opposed t the other
but one is better than the other, and it's not even close
>>
Lebanese tripfag embarrassing the Arab people. Fuck's sake.
>>
>>64773721
He's a zionist agent that wants to discredit the arab world
>>
>>64773667
>I'm one of those who think that each one has his own strong points as opposed t the other.
What exactly is Ronaldo better at? I can only think of heading, penalty taking and about equal in overall scoring. Dribbling, vision, short range passing, long range passing, crossing, creativity, set pieces, even defending - all Messi
>>
>>64773709
>>4 of them were via Penalty and 1 was a tap in
You sure?

>>64773719
>The one playing for the shit team ends the year with more goals than the one playing for the best team around and that doesn't mean anything
>>
>>64772494
>0-4
>Knocked out by Atleti in Spanish Cup
>Knocked out by Juve in cl
>Sucks at winning Spanish league cause inconsistent players
>Disqualified from Spanish Cup for being retarded
>Meme coach who is gonna get exposed
>0 trophies in 2015

Being a Real fan must be suffering lmao! Especially if your favorite player is gonna be arrested soon. I can see why you're such a miserable wreck hahahahahha supporting a shite team and living in lebanon hahahahhaa wew lad.
>>
>>64772494
>Well it all started in 2006 after the universal decline in football...

>nostalgiafagging this hard
>>
>>64773745

Lel wouldn't be surprised desu
>>
>>64773043
Germany also had lots of injured first team players like Reus and Gundogan. They just had a much larger pool to extract talent from, which is why they won the WC
>>
>>64772807
thanks Germany
>>
>using memes from the worst board on 4chan

This is a new low
>>
>>64773961
The difference is like 3 key players got injured during the tournament. Di Maria and Aguero were basically ded when they made it to the WC final.
>>
>>64773126
di maria severely underperformed at the WC after having the best season his career
every argentina game at the WC looked like this
defence wins the ball --> mascherano charges forward to the centre --> messi has to drop back that much to pick it up - and then runs the game all by himself

argentina has no midfield
>>
>>64772494
one time at this film festival i volunteered i met this awesome Libanese girl, and she actually won the festival with her amazing movie about Beirut

And i tought Libanon is a pretty cool country, but whenever i see you post on 4chan i forget everything and have nothing but hatred for everything Lebanese
>>
>>64773403
Because muh memes. I was astounded that Argies managed to create better chances in regular 90 mins, too bad they physically collapsed later due to second consecutive OT while having a day less of rest compared to Germans.
>>
>>64772724
>making fun of the one and only GOAT for finding a face that works in all pictures

baka helvetia
>>
>>64773774
offball movement
he's so much better than Messi in that category, its also the category which is overlooked by 95% of this board claiming they know sawker which is hilarious
>>
>>64778204
Uhh, except that's not true. Unless by off the ball movement you mean strictly "breaking the offside trap to get to a through ball".

Messi is much better at finding pockets of space to receive the ball and at dragging defenders out of position.
>>
>takes a bunch of literal shitters like higuain and palacio to a copa america and world cup final
>wins barcelona 4 champions leagues after they only won 1 (one) in 120 years
>has 90% of world football records, even broke pele's annual scoring record which he did against brasilerao teams
>can play 3 different positions over the course of a game and excel at all of them versus europes top teams from every single league
>all of this from 18-27 years old
>not the GOAT
>>
>>64778594
>pele's annual scoring record
Pretty sure Gerd Müller held it before.
>>
>>64778567
lol alright
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.