[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This man is literally better than zidane ever was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 15
This man is literally better than zidane ever was
>>
>>64769596
I'm sure fedora dog would disagree.
>>
>>64769596
>le get past four defenders and pass it to Messi man
severely underrated by many
>>
Scholes was better than Zidane
>>
Image Messi and Zidane together. Zidane would be top 3 GOAT easily.
>>
File: CUlFxH7WsAERQ1p.jpg (41 KB, 590x390) Image search: [Google]
CUlFxH7WsAERQ1p.jpg
41 KB, 590x390
>>
>>64769644
Iniesta kills it with Spain as well.
>>
>>64769596
Whoever doesn't think like this lad has no idea about football.

Zidane is probably the most overrated player in history.
>>
>>64769596
Based on what?
>>
I remember one el classico 7-8 years ago when he got a ball in a bad position, just by the out line and there were like 3 halal players chasing him and he somehow made it out like its nothing. Back then everybody was crazy around Ronaldinho and Messi, but I tought to myself this has to be the most underrated player ever because nobody can pull this off so easly.
>>
>>64769663
Iniesta is usually better for Spain than he is for Barça, except for this season where he's been GOATing it up (tho we haven't seen him play at his current level for Spain, and it's unsure he will maintain it until June)
>>
when did "/sp/ - sports" turn into "/sp/ - Zidane was overrated shit"?

you don't have to make a thread about Zidane every single day you fucking shits. if you continue like this, the entire discussion will turn into a meme and after that there's no turning back.
>>
ITTT people too young to remember zizou
>>
Iniesta is a poor man's Laudrup

There's a reason he looked average as fuck before Barca and Spain became dominant forces. He's a stacked team babby.
>>
>>64769596
Zidane wasn't a manlet
>>
>>64769717
>he looked average as fuck before Barca and Spain became dominant forces
But that wasn't the case at all. He looke like Spain's next GOAT ever since he was like 18
>>
>>64769702
There was a "Zidane is the real GOAT" era on /sp/ too and when I mentioned that Iniesta did everything what he did, only without chimpouts everybody called me an idiot
>>
>>64769729
You are an idiot tho lmao
>>
>>64769726

lol no he didn't
>>
>>64769740
Call me an idiot, but at the end of the day you're the sandnigger one
>>
>>64769755
>Has literally no response ever but sandnigger
No wonder you think Iniesta is better than Zidane. You're 12 l e l
>>
File: iniesta neymar vs PSG.webm (1 MB, 832x468) Image search: [Google]
iniesta neymar vs PSG.webm
1 MB, 832x468
post a better play by shitdane
>>
It's hard rating the Barca players. They have been playing together since they were kids and have perfect understanding with each other. That's a huge advantage over players who spent their careers at various clubs in multiple leagues, like Zidane.
>>
>>64769763
I don't need a response, just the fact that you believe in gorilion virgins after death and that you're a sandnigger is enough for me, sandnigger
>>
>le disappear for a whole season and after a fancy dribble and a nice game the whole world sucks my cock

Since this defines both, they're at the same level
>>
If he wasn't bald he would have won a Ballon D'or.

You know it's fucking true.
>>
>>64769788
>this immense level of mad
>>
>>64769778
Yeah, since Iniesta was 22 I guess in his first game with Messi.
>>
>>64769763
>You're 12
I don't know, you are the one with his idol's name in the name field.
>>
>>64769805
>this level of sandnigger
just blow yourself up already you fucking goatfucker
>>
>>64769831
I would if I lived in fucking Croatia lmao
>>
>>64769788

harsh words from someone who has a muslim as the captain of his national team
>>
>>64769771
CAPTAIN TSUBASA
>>
>>64769790
It's amazing. Barça main characteristic that allows to build the team up again and again is that they can excise cancers like RaĂºl, Casillas, Ronaldo and Zidane because we don't have the same journalism behind them, and yet this guy manages to remain in the team despite being useless just as he would if he played for Halal
>>
I agree, but you brits should stop hating on zizou, it makes you seem very butthurt
Especially with >le laudrup was better meme
>>
>>64769596
Let me explain to you why you are fucking wrong.

Iniesta is a great footballer, one of the most brilliant minds in the sport. But at the end of the day, he's an important part of an excellent clockwork machine. There are many players like this, that shine through how good a team is built and at the same time making his whole team better.

Zidane was a machine all by himself, and this is a type of player that has eclipsed ,at least in the top level. These players were match winners, even if the team played badly, they could win you a game. Delpiero, Totti, Scholes,Fat Ronnie, RVN, Cantona, Beckenbauer,even in a lesser level, like LeTissier,Papin or Scholl and and a lot of players like this existed up to 10 years ago. Real unstoppable juggernauts in their day.
>>
>>64769912
Don't forget that if he plays shit until they pay him 12M per year it's not because he thinks just about the money, is because he scored a goal a thousand years ago so he deserves it.

>el yerno ideal
>>
>>64769596
Iniesta is great and probably the best midfielder of the past 4 years.

But he's nowhere near Scholes and Zidane.

Even Xavi is better than Iniesta.
>>
>>64769771
Zidane goal vs Deportivo.

Dribbling strikers is easy.
>>
his performance at WC 2006 is reason alone why Zidane is better than Iniesta, the man was fucking magic, it's hard to explain to anyone who didn't watch it back in the day, the man single–handedly retired the entire Brazilian team, I've seen Inesta play, he's not on that level, he's amazing, but not as amazing as Zizou
>>
>>64769963
Great post. Hit the nail on the head.

Throw Iniesta into a really shit, struggling team and he'd do fuck all. He'd probably get subbed because the alternatives would be a better fit.

Throw Zidane or Scholes in, and they'd win games by themselves. Not necessarily by scoring blooters or going on mazy dribbles past 3-4 defenders (although they are capable of it), but just by influencing the squad and making an instant impact.
>>
>>64770012
to be honest family

zidane was pretty shit from around 02 onwards

>muh world cup
world cup doesn't mean shit, it's a one-off tourney
>>
>>64769976

Xavi better than Iniesta. lol-no

Iniesta is the best pure midfielder in past ten years, and huge reason that Barca was so successful. Zidane was pure attacking midfielder, so they are not comparable just at that. He also played in completely different era and system.
>>
>>64770062
>doesn't mean shit

It absolutely does. It's where legends are made. It's the biggest tournament on earth and every player would kill to win their country the trophy.
>>
>>64769907

>tfw some of the best players in the world have admitted that this show was what made them pursue football

we need a new football anime to create a better Messi
>>
>>64770136
What are you? South american?

CL>Top 4 Euro leagues>WC

I would even consider rating EL over WC
>>
File: carlosalberto.jpg (37 KB, 554x369) Image search: [Google]
carlosalberto.jpg
37 KB, 554x369
>>64770202

this guy is a Champions League legend
>>
>>64770163

I remember reading some interview Neuer did where he talked about how he loved watching it as a young lad
>>
>>64770136
Well, Iniesta literally won it for Spain too but seems like evrybody is ignoring that fact.
Just to be clear, I'm not saying Zidane was a bad player, he was fantastic sometimes but there isn't a single reason considering him one of the GOAT's and ignoring Iniesta the same time. Not to mention that Iniesta has time to be even greater. Zidane is better than Iniesta only in headers, but Iniesta is faster, is better deffensive and hes not a hothead who let his team suffer with a sent off for more then 15+ times just because he cannot handle banter/tackles
>>
>>64769963
>Iniesta
>not winning big matches by himself
>wat.jpg?
>>
>>64770202

That may be the rankings for some bandwagon football fans, but for players i guarantee the WC comes first, and then the CL.
>>
>>64769596

>17 year career
>95 career goals

LE GOAT
>>
>>64770202

literally the most memorable CL moment is the Zidane goal against neverkusen, football history is made in the WC tournaments
>>
Bergkamp > Innitesta > Zidonk
>>
>>64769963
And this was proven in his games playing for stacked Juve, stacked Real and stacked France
>>
>>64770220

messi and aguero also both said when they were young they talked about tsubasa
>>
>>64770246
gonna give us some examples?
>>
>>64770012
He was great against Brazil but the rest of the tournament he was mostly average, if you remember what actually happened rather than chainwanking over youtube compilations.
>>
>>64770286
I dont know like a world cup final? What the hell
>>
>>64770286
motm in champions league final, made juve's midfield look like it's frosinone's midfield

Winning goal in the 2010 wc

Cucking Chelsea in 08/09 semis
>>
>>64770287

I remember France being utter shit and barely going trough the group stage, and then Zidane stepped up his game, got them to the finals and almost won the thing
>>
Zidane is a youtube highlight babby. GOAT when watching cherrypicked dribbles and goals, great but far from GOAT when watching him play week to week
>>
>>64769985
>you
Dribbling 1 player twice isn't nearly as impressive as running the ENTIRE FUCKING FIELD, dribbling 3 different players and feinting a CB into thinking of the wrong pass, then assisting.
>>
>>64769702
but 'Zidane is GOAT' is already an epic meme
>>
>>64770361

Could say the same about Iniesta.
>>
>>64770127
Xavi was comfortably better than Iniesta.
>>
>>64769963
>Let me explain to you why you are fucking wrong.
>IT'S BECAUSE NOSTALGIA WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

-brit
>>
>>64770338

>made juve's midfield look like it's frosinone's midfield

just like the Duch NT made the Spanish NT look when they gangbanged them 5-1 last WC, Iniesta was playing too, guess de Jong and de Guzman were too just too much for him
>>
>>64770392
So was Cassilas in the ebin cl final against Bayer, so was Thuram 98' and so was Ribery 2006. See?
>>
>>64770338
>cucking chelsea 08/09 semis
>Barca fans actually proud of the most blatant match fixing/refball ever witnessed
Lmaoo
>>
>>64770136
And what if a player was injured and missed it?

They could have been GOAT for 4 years, injured, then GOAT for 3 more years, meaning they were GOAT for 7 consecutive years but then after that they declined rapidly (and thus played shit at the world cup)

By your logic, none of the above matters and they were never GOAT.

Kill yourself.

The World Cup is a fucking casual tournament to kill the boredom of the summer. It's for women and kids. Nobody really gives a shit, same applies for all international football.
>>
>>64770419
Sorry, no idea what you're trying to do.

I wasn't talking about specific games. I was talking about they player's overall ability, technique, skill, motivation, physical attributes, mental attributes, longevity, peak and impact.

Scholes > Zidane >>>> Xavi >>>>>> Iniesta/Gerrard/Lampard/Pirlo etc.
>>
>>64770421
>The World Cup is a fucking casual tournament to kill the boredom of the summer. It's for women and kids. Nobody really gives a shit, same applies for all international football.

This. I love the World Cup, but if I could ban ALL international football I would do it today. International breaks are by far the worst thing about this sport. Absolute cancer.

I've literally cried before when I've found out there was no REAL football on, and instead we had to endure 2 weeks of Rooney scoring penalties against the likes of Slovenia and San Marino while the BBC wank themselves into a coma.

Absolute joke. Fuck off.
>>
>>64770416
but we can talk like that endlessly

>just like the Duch NT made the Spanish NT look

guess Sigurdsson and mighty Iceland are just too much for Duch NT

everyone has bad games, that wasn't only about him. the whole team absolutely sucked
>>
>>64770338
>cucking chelsea 08/09 semis
Barca fans are actually proud of the most blatant match fixing/refball ever witnessed in the history of the sport lmao
>>
>>64770494

mate Iceland is gonna win the Euros
>>
Zidane = Iniesta
>>
>all the people saying World Cup isn't that important
Absolutely correct, it's a 7 game tournament played once every 4 years. Choosing the GOAT player based on that sample size is literally retarded
>>
>>64770420
actually i'm a Chelsea fan, but in the end he did scored the winning goal at the end and made them go trough
the match was a disgrace but he still won it
>>
File: 1451949716908.png (6 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1451949716908.png
6 KB, 224x225
>>64770202
>>
>>64770163
>>64770220
>>64769907
>tfw Iniesta is based af
>>
>>64770511
Thank you.

Also, what about players who play for shit nations like Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and England? They have no chance of winning the thing or even qualifying in some cases...

Hardly their fault. It's a team game. Even Messi can't win it with the incredible wealth of talent that Argentina have, so how the FUCK was Giggs meant to win it with Wales?
>>
The only people who shit on the WC are Missi and Penaldo apologists

They can't deal with the fact their precious 'GOATs' can't do shit on a more level playing field, so they try and downplay the importance of the tournament.
>>
>>64770450
>scholes
>impact
?
Name 1 less relevant player
>>
>>64770590
So you're telling me, that for example Cruyff never won a WC so he
>can't do shit on a more level playing field
?

kek.
>>
WC win is giving more satisfation to players and entire country but in terms of quality CL>WC no question asked. The host nation has an advantage, there are no second legs, you play with a team that trained only feew days/year with you, if someone is injured he can miss the whole tournament that takes place only once in 4 years etc
>>
>>64770590
>The only people who shit on the WC are Missi and Penaldo apologists
I'm also a Maldini, Kahn, Schmeichel, Baggio, van Basten, Platini, Zico, Cruyff apologist

And NT playing field is by no means level, where did this meme come from?
>>
>>64769771
No doubt a great goal, but nobody but the guy that slided (Verratti?) really tried har. And thet fucking Luiz, how does he keep starting for PSG?
>>
>>64770594
>Name 1 less relevant player

No problem. I'll give you a couple

Riquelme
Batistuta
>>
>>64770351
I remember Zidane returning from retirement as Captain Meme, being utter dogshit in the first two group games and getting himself suspended for the third, where France finally won without him. If anything his team mates carried him out of the group.
>>
>>64771086
This.
Zidane was a great player, no doubt about it but people are seriously deluded when it comes to him. 98 made him the ultimate meme.

Roy Keane and Paul Scholes shit all over him. Keane in 98, literally tore him apart when they were directly competing with each other.
>>
>>64770484
You're confusing the superior event of the World Cup Finals with the pointless, bollock implodingly boring World Cup qualifiers
>>
>>64770539
>>64769907
>>
>>64770484
i'd be saying the same if the footballers produced by my country were absolute garbage
>>
you stupid 13 year old fucks, you clearly did not see play Zidane.
His play was the art of football, it was like poetry.
Iniesta is very good player but Zidane is best midfielder in history.

everyone on /sp/ is rubbing dick on barca now, but it's fucking Zinedine Zidane.
>>
>>64771879
That's the whole point, he makes good youtube comps, nearly as good as Ronaldinho.

But as a consistently productive player he's not all that.
>>
>>64772106
>But as a consistently productive player he's not all that.

But neither is Iniesta.
>>
>>64769717
I'd say Laudrup=Iniesta>Zidane
But I prefer Laudrup as I watched him since I was a young lad many years ago.
>>
>>64772161
>iniesta is not consistent

good meme
>>
>people denying Iniesta is a stacked team babby

kek

>peak form is 2008-2012
>Barca and Spain just so happened to have their GOAT period during this time
>Both Spain and Barca suffer a slight decline in the 2013-2014 period
>Iniesta turns to shit, people rightly start saying he's not among the worlds best anymore
>in 2015 Barca get their shit together and become GOAT again
>Miraculously Iniesta starts performing well like he used to

He could never take a game by the scruff of the neck in the face of adversity like Zidane could. If Barca or Spain aren't dominating the game, he can't do shit.
>>
>>64772262
iniesta have a good form again now, the previous 3 years he was pretty shit
>>
>>64772476
2012 was 3 years ago and it was his best year probably
having one or two bad seasons in your career doesn't mean you're inconsistent, he also got some serious injuries during that time too IIRC
>>
>>64771466

>fabregas out of position
>don andre forced to become GOAT against ridiculous odds

nothing new here
>>
>>64772568
4 years ago :^)
>>
>>64771466
Why is Marchisio trying to fly?
>>
Zidane was flashy but Iniesta keeps the ball just as well as Zizou ever did.
>>
Why are people ITT claiming zidane shined at Juve? He didn't, iniesta has "shined" more for Barcelona in a season than zidane has his entire career at Juve
Most of you faggots are too young to have even watched him play so please stop talking about shit you know nothing about, not even going to bother acknowledging the retards who claim he dominated the 98 wc
>>
>>64773041
do you realize both sides on this matter accuse the other of "being too young to have actually watched Zidane"? it's a subjective matter, use actual arguments to prove your point instead of ad-hominems
>>
>>64773118
Anyone who claims he dominated and shined at juve didn't watch him play, same goes for 98
Oh and anyone who was too young to watch iniesta shouldn't be posting and can't be taken seriously due to age, so I doubt there are people claiming the age thing on both sides since it isn't comparable, imbecile
>>
Baggio at Juve > Zidane at Juve
Del Piero at Juve > Zidane at Juve
Nedved at Juve > Zidane at Juve
>>
>>64773041
you can blame us for giving to zidane that status
>>
>>64773118
Matter of fact, all the people who claim he was elite at juve or 98 are people who watched him at Madrid and in the 06
Too young
>>
>>64773207
Learn to read.
>>
>>64773227
Even inzaghi > zidane at juve

>>64773234
I've always been a fan of his but /sp/ always make me end up wanting to hate players because this place is cancer
>>
>>64769596
underage pls go
>>
>>64769963
This it total, TOTAL bullshit.
>>
Let me explain to you why you are fucking wrong.

Iniesta is a great footballer, one of the most brilliant minds in the sport. But at the end of the day, he's an important part of an excellent clockwork machine. There are many players like this, that shine through how good a team is built and at the same time making his whole team better.

Zidane was a machine all by himself, and this is a type of player that has eclipsed ,at least in the top level. These players were match winners, even if the team played badly, they could win you a game. Delpiero, Totti, Scholes,Fat Ronnie, RVN, Cantona, Beckenbauer,even in a lesser level, like LeTissier,Papin or Scholl and and a lot of players like this existed up to 10 years ago. Real unstoppable juggernauts in their day.

Don't rage against the machine, bro.
>>
>the average /sp/ poster is too young to have seen zidane play live
>>
Are you honestly saying, that if you could sign either one at their peak for your team, you'd choose Iniesta?
>>
File: 1370986370943.gif (864 KB, 160x270) Image search: [Google]
1370986370943.gif
864 KB, 160x270
>>64771572

Makes me all warm inside to see this delusional butthurt and bitterness about the WC from irrelevant shit countries.
>>
>>64770484
>english pride in 2016
>>
>>64769963
>>64770286

being this fucking retarded
>>
>>64772476
wew

please leave slovak, you are retarded
>>
>>64769771
>le dribble past lots of people man
>>
>>64769752
>This flag
>This topic
>>
literally who?
>>
>OP
>>
reminder that zidane is one of the most overrated players in history, and will be one of the most overrated managers.

iniesta and busquets > zidane. simple.
>>
>>64777278
>Limp Bizkit
'no'

>Iniesta
'yes'
>>
>>64777278
>>64777394
Hans is right
>>
>>64777633
thanks but my name isn't hans
>>
The biggest meme of all is that people dare to put Scholes on the same level as players like Zidane and Iniesta
>>
>>64769771
Post a better match by iniesta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBge_W2GsBk
>>
>>64778351
we are not talking about youtube highlights, by that logic Ronaldinho>Zidane

still, take this recent game that for sure is not his best one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcnySNtC3oA
>>
>>64769596

I agree with this 100%
>>
>>64778675
Tell this to the guy I was answering to. I'm not talking about one highlight, but about this whole competition. Only legends are this dominant during the world cup.
>>
>>64777701
it's part of the joke to not point this out so that eventually somebody flips their shit about it and has a melt down
>>
>>64778351
I remember this being my third entirely watched WC and this match made me pretty butthurt, especially Roberto Carlos' huuuuge fuck up. Still bet on Italy beating Franceshit with my dad on 200 euros (because he is and was such an avid fan of Zinedine "Allahu Akhbar" Zidane and he was so confident he'd win the WC). Thanks God for based Italians.

Dad still watched the CLs/WCs/Euros and some league games still 80s or so and still considers Zidane the best ever.
>>
>>64780667
since 80s*. So frankly, I'd put his opinion far above your average contrarian /sp/artan. At very least that speaks volumes in terms that Zidane WAS great, not necessarily the best ever, but one of them.

Another uncle who's been playing football since he was young and followed all the matches all the same thinks Dinho is the best.
>>
Unfortunately for Iniesta he will always have Xavi's name tethered to his. He will never have that legendary aura that Zidane has. Ask any football fan to name the 5 best players post-Maradona and i guarantee Zidane will be in that 5 along with Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Cristiano.
>>
>>64781145
That doesn't make it accurate, it's like beckham who is even more overrated than zidane

>>64777394
busquets is brilliant, sorry he doesn't do flashy shit for the autists
>>
>>64781145
>Unfortunately for Iniesta he will always have Xavi's name tethered to his
Not if this season's tendency keeps growing. If Iniesta has a succesful Euro and carries Spain to the title or near-title then he'll make a big jump on the 'greatness' scale (desu he already had a great Euro without Xavi having anything to do with it in 2012 but people only remember Xavi's only good game which was the final and not the rest of the games where he was utter shit and Spain still performed greatly)
>>
The thing with Zidane is that he had this unquantifiable ability to make the players around him shine, it was just a good first touch creating space drawing defenders away from others or the ability to hang onto the ball that extra second forcing someone to leave their position to come out to him or something along those lines

Footballing artistry, but whether or not he's better than Iniesta is difficult to say
>>
srsly is there anybody who isn't better than zidane?
>>
>>64781458
>busquets is brilliant, sorry he doesn't do flashy shit for the autists
Busquets is brilliant but he is extremely overrated here on /sp/. The way people talk about him you'd think he has been this 15-16 level Busquets for his entire career when actually he was a very questionable and extremely limited player up until like, last yeasr.
Practically no creativity at all: someone who doesn't create any advantages with the ball isn't an ideal center-half. He was put as the DM on purpose, because the true #4 role was still Xavi playing as right insider but since Busquets' only presence on the game was to give back 1-touch balls to already unmarked players he was the continuator Xavi needed to direct the game. This is changing since last year, where he's been improving a lot on this front.
Awful at positional defense: see Rooney's goal at '11 for one example of the common Busquets mistake he made at every half-tough game. He's good at counter-pressing when the whole team is on the opposite half, but not a true defensive powerhouse on all fronts. Again, he's been improving this aspect a lot very recently.
Surprisingly prone to give away the ball when pressed hard: not pressed in the sense of 'players occupying his space' but in the sense of players being physically on top of him while he's turning his back and the such. He usually doesn't find himself on those situations because he plays really deep, but look at something like the 2-2 Depor game for this.
>>
>>64769596
Zidane IS overrated
And yet, you're STILL wrong
>>
>>64781145

>and Cristiano

Ha!
>>
>>64769711
This desu
>>
>>64781736
You do realize he was 2010-11 world class, he killed any german counter and made sneijder ozil tier at the wc final. He was put there because yaya wasn't cutting it, his distribution and he dropped back to help the centre backs
You thinking he plays deep because he lacks talent makes your opinion void and since everyone is memeing with youtube videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIwHsMMkNe4
http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/07/16/sergio-busquets-world-cup-final/
>>
>>64769711
>>64781958
These.
Clearly all these kids are making an idol of someone they didn't watch
>juve zidane
kek
>>
>>64782163
He was still good when he had the flaws, and like every good player he's allowed to have great games. But the week-to-week reality of 2008-2013ish Busquets wasn't as nice and colorful as people here on /sp/ paint it. Sort of the same thing as Zidane, honestly.
>>
>>64769644

He already is you mong
>>
>>64782227
I like zidane, i think he was a great player but this whole top 5 or even 10 is crazy, at least it's not beckham who is prob the most overrated fuck on earth
>>
Want to spot a casual? They only talk about Zidane in regards to the 2006 world cup.

Want to spot another casual? They think that Zidane always played the way he did in the 2006 world cup.

The truth is, he was never always consistent for club. When playing for France he was great, but in Juventus and Real Madrid his performances would not be consistent. One week he'd be the best player in the world and then for like 2/3 months he'd just be average, people always like flashy players so that's why he's fondly remembered by kids who grew up watching him. He wasn't all that great for Real Madrid even, the goal against Leverkusen is pretty much the only important goal he scored, his numbers weren't that great even.

I'd say Iniesta is marginally better than him cause of how good he is at controlling the midfield and going past players. He is a far more creative player and always has been even before Messi started GOATing it up. I remember Alex Ferguson saying that Iniesta was already one of the best midfielders in the world in 2008.
>>
>>64770251
>goals
>>
>>64782283
That's what I mean, I watched Juve all the time and the entire 98 WC, this literally all comes from the 06 WC vs Brazil and then the headbutt because even in Madrid he wasn't amazing
Just goes to show how much of an impact doing something at the world cup has on peoples minds who dont watch football year round
>>
>same amount of WCs

>instrumental for their respective teams in the midfield

>Iniesta won more CLs and ligas

Seems to me that Iniesta is better than Memedane tbhonest
>>
>>64782458

It's like people saying Diego Forlan is a top 20 GOAT cause he had a great 2010 world cup, although most of his career was just lacklustre.
>>
>>64782596
Yes and I love 4lan, based that WC but yes
>>
>>64769771
>Dribbling David Luiz
>Goat
>>
>>64781721

Ronaldinho.
>>
>>64769667
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqlotNolDbs#t=5m12sec
>>
>>64783560
actually, he doesn't dribble luiz
>>
File: 1451243327080.png (651 KB, 664x1000) Image search: [Google]
1451243327080.png
651 KB, 664x1000
>mfw when people say CL > WC
Lol at autist brits trying to discredit the tournament because of being eliminated in the group stages. Please tell me, which event will is remembered the most, 7-1 or *le random buyern/barca/real eliminated each other* ?
>>
>>64791076
it's a mixed bag of sorts, but generally speaking, IF all the players are fit/not injured in the WC (the ones who have to prove something), then the WC is arguably a much better indicator of their sportsmanship and also talent in unexpected situations.
>>
>>64791183
Yes, and also a more relevant an entertaining tournament
>>
>>64791076
CL has much higher quality. WC is more like a normie fest every 4 years, similar to the olympics, but the level of football is complete shit
>>
>>64791303
it's not "complete shit". The Spain NT could win a CL.
>>
>>64791076
You just proved its a casual fest
CL > wc
>>
>>64791590
the level is low: players come tired right after playing a full season, have few weeks to prepare with their teammates, teams are forced to use local players instead of the best players, tactics tend to be conservative, managers can hardly study rivals since they have so few games of them against notable rivals, etc. It's just a meme tourney with a big name, fun to watch but not the pinnacle of the sport many pretend it is.
>>
File: Fino Alla Fine.jpg (450 KB, 1600x1112) Image search: [Google]
Fino Alla Fine.jpg
450 KB, 1600x1112
>implying this wasn't the greatest squad of the last 50 years

Name another team that reached and choked away 3 consecutive CL finals.

That's right, you can't
>>
>>64792619
No one has implied that, but anyone who thinks he was anything in that team, they don't know what they're talking about
Also they won a cl you autist
>>
File: im just here for the money.png (104 KB, 203x178) Image search: [Google]
im just here for the money.png
104 KB, 203x178
>>64792619
There are too many funny faces in this pic.
>>
>>64769596
True, no one who ecen knows only a bit about football can deny and be right it.
>>
File: lfc 3.jpg (128 KB, 1160x785) Image search: [Google]
lfc 3.jpg
128 KB, 1160x785
>this ManUre fan subhuman that infested the thread

Abyssal kek, Gerrard >>>>>>>>> Scholes

Gerrard is light years ahead of Scholes

In fact

Zidane, Pirlo, Iniesta, Lampard >>>>> Scholes
>>
File: sublime fedora technique.gif (499 KB, 450x296) Image search: [Google]
sublime fedora technique.gif
499 KB, 450x296
>>64793276
>I rate Zidane and Pirlo
Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.