[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doesn't the fact Guardiola wants to coach in the Premier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 13
File: 661312205520.jpg (41 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
661312205520.jpg
41 KB, 500x362
Doesn't the fact Guardiola wants to coach in the Premier League show its the best league?

He's tired of meaningless domestic campaigns where they mow down every other team. In the Premier League every game is competitive.
>>
Sure m8.
>>
File: 459569920.jpg (171 KB, 594x393) Image search: [Google]
459569920.jpg
171 KB, 594x393
>yfw he loses the title on a windy day in stoke

can't wait!
>>
No, it shows he wants the £s.
>>
>>64735645
Why are americans latel so obsessed with leagues and the epl in general
I mean some league powerranking and uefa points memeing is "funny"
But mirricans seem to be really serious about it
>>
File: Cohle2.jpg (851 KB, 1831x1022) Image search: [Google]
Cohle2.jpg
851 KB, 1831x1022
>>64735645
>that flag
>that opinion
>>
File: file.png (689 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
file.png
689 KB, 612x612
Why do Americans insist on eating a bucket of burgers at every sporting event?
>>
>>64735645
is that Kobe Bryant?
>>
>>64735745
i think it's something to do with their whole outlook on sports. they're all about statistics and visible metrics of rating one player against another. think they're just grasping for something similar when it comes to leagues t bh
>>
>>64735745
>>64729792
case in point
>>
he's tired of working hard to win good leagues so now he's going to a second division league (EPL) to retire
>>
>>64735692
He got paid more at Buyern than any PL manager gets paid. 20m euros at buyern.
>>
>>64737294
he is certainly not gonna get any less at city
>>
>>64737308
Correct, he could probably ask for what he wanted, but he doesn't seem money motivated anyway which was more the point
>>
File: doge.png (712 KB, 582x553) Image search: [Google]
doge.png
712 KB, 582x553
>>64735929
>meaningless generalizations
way off base tbhonest

>>64735745
this shit flinging happens constantly, and its usually perpetrated by brits

stop memeing so hard, faggots.
>>
>>64737368
>way off base
nah it's true, you lads like your batting averages and your yards gained and your headbomb conversion rates
>>
>>64737368
>way off base
No. Ameristats is real. Fantasy football fucked you guys up to the point where many don't even watch the matches only the post-match statistics.
>>
>>64735926
Yup. He is a big barça fan
>>
>>64735929

Exactly one of the reasons why football isn't understood very well by most Americans, even the ones who like to follow it.
>>
He was in Spain first (La Liga->1)
He was in Germany second (Bundesliga->2)
He will go to England next (EPL->3)
>>
>>64737462
>>64737493
you're wrong lads. Baseball and football, and to some extent basketball are composed of discrete plays that make it easy to isolate variables and collect stats. As such they are useful for understanding the game and analyzing performance, and have a place in the discussion of sports. Baseball is the most stat heavy thing, and its also the sport with the most discrete events and highest sample sizes, oddly enough.

Free flowing sports like soccer, rugby, and hockey are much harder to collect useful stats on because there generally aren't discrete plays. So the numbers you have are pretty shit, and don't help to understand what's happening as much. American fans of hockey and soccer don't obsess over stats nearly the amount as football and baseball fans. Go back to /int/, dickheads. or at least stop being stupid.
>>
>>64737531
how many americans would you say you've honestly discussed football with?

my guess is zero. certainly not a large enough number for you to have any idea what you're talking about. And please don't pretend the shitposting you read on /sp/ is a reliable source of information.
>>
>>64737568
You're not disproving their points you fucking retard
>>
>>64737580

Well I've been on this site for eight years now, and I seriously discussed football with a lot of people before the flags were introduced so I can't be sure how many of the people I spoke to back then were Americans but can safely assume a lot of them were. Since the flags I've enjoyed talking to many Americans about the sport, I don't avoid them purposely after all even though I can see the flag on their posts. I've also discussed football with a lot of Americans on IRC, on Steam, and a few forums in the past 12 or so years, including the time before I first visited this site. Basically the answer to you question is: a lot.
>>
>>64737593
their point is that its a cultural inclination, rather than a natural extension of the sport. I argue that americans who like soccer and hockey don't obsess over stats the same way americans who like football and baseball do. Which means its a natural extension of the sport, rather than a cultural one

please delete your post, or at least apologize.
>>
>>64737615
so you genuinely are relying on the ~2% of posting here that can be construed as "serious" and you thin its noticeably different from the bullshit that your own countrymen try to post? Because most people are just dumbfucks
>>
>>64737627

>~2%

Either you have a source for this statistic, or you're doing yourself a disservice by making it up. Statistics are the result of methodical research, they're not to be pulled out of certain nether regions and thrust as a serious counter-argument in a discussion. Also you're underestimating the quality of discourse on imageboards, it's not all memes and shitposting. If there wasn't some serious discussion on this board I wouldn't bother going back to it desu.
>>
>>64737670
i wasn't submitting 2% as a meaningful stat, i was throwing a number out for effect. so save me the lecture, Doctor. If you are going to nitpick, i'm not interested.

You and I are going to disagree about the quality of discourse available on memeboards, or at least the prevalence of it. I don't believe you've consumed enough discourse on the topic with americans to tease out the effects of inexperience watching soccer from the effects of needing stats to understand it.
>>
>>64737709
*aren't going to agree
>>
>>64737709

You're welcome to disbelieve me. If you're offended by my 'most Americans' remark, maybe you can take heart that this guy >>64737568 >>64737617 perfectly explains what I believe.
>>
>>64735899

why not, as long as there sharing it won't be to bad

>burgers in the capcha
>>
>>64737732
that's also me. so you believe its a cultural inclination or a natural extension of the sport? Because i think its pretty clearly one and not the other.
>>
>>64737561
you usually save the best for last
>>
>>64737802
So he'll come to serie a after his spell in England
>>
>>64737802
>>64737823
He will go to Milan la'
>>
IPL is the best league to watch if you are not from europe, its just the way they play.
>>
its a nice move by guardiola. going from pellegrinis football to guardiolas should be a smooth transition for most players. and he will have 1-2 years of leniency to sort the team out just because hes guardiola. only thing he has to do is finish top 4 for two seasons then make the top 8 of the champions league and people will think hes a god
>>
>>64737568
There are useful stats in soccer: goals, assists, tackles, saves, shots on target. Same goes for hockey
>>
>>64735899
because it's more satifying and enjoying than watching their own sports
>>
>>64737802
He's going to end up being barca's president.
>>
>>64738002

doesn't have the money
>>
>>64737884
Where can i find an indian premier league stream?
>>
>>64738009
he doens't need to have any money to do it m8, we aren't MADrid

anyway, if he said he wants to be Barça's president a lot of rich people here would want to back him
>>
id be more impressed if he joined a team like sunderland and made them champions
some team who hadnt won anything in ages and did have a stacked starting eleven and full backup in every position
>>
>>64739615

*didn't have a stacked team
>>
>>64735899
what the fuck, america
>>
>>64739615
>>64739644
but he's a coach, no fucking magician
>>
>>64739668

how about building a legacy instead of taking a top ten team in europe winning the league and maybe champions league then leaving to join another top ten team
just saying
>>
File: bartomeu.jpg (172 KB, 1487x845) Image search: [Google]
bartomeu.jpg
172 KB, 1487x845
>>64738240

>we aren't madrid

I have bad news for you, son.
>>
File: pg-62-pep-guardiola-1-getty.jpg (102 KB, 1368x1026) Image search: [Google]
pg-62-pep-guardiola-1-getty.jpg
102 KB, 1368x1026
> I want to experience the atmosphere in England and I look forward to the stadiums there
>atmosphere
>Manchester City
>>
the EPL is not currently the best league but it will get back on top because $$$$$$$$
>>
>>64738009
hes the highest paid coach in the world
i doubt he spends much of his wage either
could save up
>>
>>64737709
>americans arent all "muh stats"
>proceeds to pull a stat out of his "ass"

>ameristats
>>
>>64740083
Home may be shit, but from experience Man City away fans are the best in the league.

t.Alberto Barbeverton season ticket holder.
>>
File: 95876834.jpg (33 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
95876834.jpg
33 KB, 615x409
http://www.teamtalk.com/news/manchester-united-sign-exclusive-china-tv-deal

>108 million fans in China alone

Do you think Man City even have 1 million fans GLOBALLY yet?
>>
>>64743327
>le global brand

Literally the biggest plastic club in the world. This is why Man United will also be a joke club filled with Pakis, Chinks and Londonders whose great aunts brother went to a Man United game once so now they support Man United.
>>
>>64738240
>we

What part of Qatar are you from, m8?
>>
>>64737345

>anyone who's coming to City
>not money motivated

lad
>>
>>64743359
>108 million fans in one country alone
>Plastic

Do you even know what plastic means lad? This is literally the opposite of plastic. This is a massive, global, reliable fanbase which has taken decades to accrue. The mark of a true big club. The mark of prestigious and elite clubs. The GOAT of football clubs, if you would.

Plastic is when you have a handful of fans who just suddenly start supporting a club from half way around the world JUST because you won the league last year. i.e. Chelsea, City. The type of 'fan' that will change teams every year.

Not comparable in the least to having 108 MILLION fans in one country.
>>
>>64743493
lol this

if pep goes to City it just confirms him for low character

a money-grabbing whore who could have gone to nearly any club in the world and he picks $$$

he'll be an embarrassment no matter how successful he is, his reputation will be in tatters
>>
>>64743494
>Chinks
>Reliable

Stopped reading. Just stick to shitting up threads with your global brand meme don't try and explain it. It just makes you seem more plastic and that you yourself are a chink immigrant.
>>
>>64743525
>Gets told hard
>Resorts to racism

Nice. Chelsea fan?
>>
>>64743569
I support Wrexham and you literally just confirmed you are a chinky by using le racist card.
>>
>>64743583
>Being racist
Doubt you'd be saying these sorts of things if you were in a pub or something, mate. Bit easier when you're behind 9 proxies and posting anonymously.

How does it feel knowing that Manchester United under 21s are a bigger team in itself than your mickey mouse club? That they literally have a bigger fanbase and average attendance and their fans are louder and more loyal than yours? It must feel pretty gutting. Like you're so insignificant...
>>
File: 1451150231481.png (138 KB, 222x244) Image search: [Google]
1451150231481.png
138 KB, 222x244
>>64743514
>actually being this mad at a person you will never meet and who will in every single way have a better life than you
>>
>>64743638
I now realise I have been baited. Fuck. This is some Australian tier shitposting. No one can be this retarded.
>>
>>64743647
I'm not mad at all, I'm just stating how he will be perceived by the vast majority of people. I care very little personally.

>every single way
Well for a start he's not white.
Manlet.
Shitty taste in clothing and style.
Potentially a mercenary who will sell his mum for gold.
Confirmed for being unable to control his temper.
Autistic and OCD.

I'd say my life is comfortably better than his.
>>
>>64743728
Bald.
>>
>>64743648
>Gets told
>Le must be b8 maymay

What did I say that you disagreed with? I have the U21s attendances if you want? Here's a picture taken from their game a couple nights ago. See the flag? Are you telling me Wrexham fans have flags like that?

Face it, our U21s are bigger than your club. Superior technically, on the pitch and off of the pitch too.

Give any footballer (even Belgium Internationals) the choice to play for our u21s or Wrexham, what do you think they'd say?
>>
File: unitedflagday.jpg (605 KB, 800x674) Image search: [Google]
unitedflagday.jpg
605 KB, 800x674
>>64743783
Think our first team support speaks for itself, don't you lad? :^)
>>
>>64743783
Not every team can be powered by Jew money and plane crashes. I don't care if Man United are a bigger club than Wrexham. I'm just saying Man United are the biggest plastics about.
>>64743805
lol how long ago was that?
>>
>>64735645
>Doesn't the fact Guardiola wants to coach in the Premier League show its the best league?

No, it shows that he already dominated the best league in the world and the 2nd-best league in the world. Now it's time for the 3rd-best league.
>>
>>64735899

I've never seen anything like that before, but it looks magical. I need to go to Yankee Stadium.
>>
>>64743843
But anon, how can they be plastics when they turn up in their literal thousands to watch fucking 17 year olds play?

I mean, who watches under 21 games? Do you go down and watch Wrexham U21s? Doubt it. You probably barely go to all the home games.

To go to these games shows a true appreciation and love for the club. Something deeper than just casually watching the first team play on TV, no?

No other club can boast this.

Plastic? I think Manchester United are possibly THE LEAST plastic club in the entire world. They are the most 'die-hard' club in the country and maybe the world.
>>
File: pep collage.png (495 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
pep collage.png
495 KB, 600x600
>>64743728
holy shit this projection is astounding
>>
>>64743889
Chap, you have to be baiting or else you're as delusional as a Liverpool supporter.
>>
File: 1397990076598.png (10 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1397990076598.png
10 KB, 429x410
>>64735899
Wait, are these actually a thing? I thought they were just a joke.
>>
>>64743945
Why not attack the points rather than the poster?

Unless of course, you can't find any flaws in this logic and are just struggling to come to terms with reality...
>>
>>64743889
this
man united have the stretford end which stands and sings during every game

the stretford end holds 20,000 fans

20,000 is bigger than a lot of clubs entire stadiums let alone singing percentage

to put it in perspective, it would be like 50% of anfield standing and singing for 90 minutes, something that doesn't even happen on their 'magical european nights'

let that information sink in, ABUs
>>
>>64743984
Because if you read your post back to yourself you'd see how deluded you are.
South Americans and Eastern Europeans are far more dedicated to the club. Old Trafford has 75,000 but you could her a fucking pindrop. They do have plastic supporters because it's little lads who saw they were winning a pile of shit in the 90's/2000's. A lot of people watch U-21 games. Even City get a good bit.
>>
>>64744052
>Old Trafford has 75,000 but you could her a fucking pindrop

Absolute myth. I'd wager you've never been. Old Trafford is top 3-5 in the country for atmosphere, obviously 1st in big games, derbies, title deciders, europe etc.

>South Americans and Eastern Europeans are far more dedicated to the club
Again, how many South American and Eastern European games have you been to? I'm not saying you're wrong, I've not been to many either. Just a couple of games in Argentina and one in Brazil. Old Trafford it was not.

>90's/2000's
1990 was 26 years ago, that's nearly 3 decades. How is loyally following a club for 3 decades 'plastic' in any way shape or form? Again, re-read the post I made about what plastic actually means.

>A lot of people watch U-21 games. Even City get a good bit.
United get 1000% more than City on average (One thousand percent).

Also, 54,000 watched them play in the youth cup final at Old Trafford just a couple of years ago. Let that sink in. 54,000.

Sorry lad, but I'm not buying your bullshit. You are just spouting popular opinions which are completely wrong at best and fabricated at worst.
>>
>>64744157
you said it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9NequdUPO0

no other club would give him that sort of backing after that summer, no one
>>
>>64737294
Guardiola got the best contract for a manager in football history

He totally went to City for the money
>>
>>64735899
i've been to over 500 sport events in my life of nearly every sport except cricket and i've never seen that anywhere.

I imagine it would cost like $50 no joke
>>
>>64735899

based burger bucket

LETS GO YANKEES
>>
>>64735899
>Needing more than one burger
>Requiring a bucket for any food substance ever other than popcorn

Fucking hell
>Americans
>>
>>64744546
>a bucket full of burgers

How have I lived here my whole life and never seen something so amazing?
>>
>>64735899
>You will never be this free

I try not to give a crud I really do ;_;
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.