[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will soccer ever become a big sport in America?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: peterpan.jpg (378 KB, 800x654) Image search: [Google]
peterpan.jpg
378 KB, 800x654
>>
>>64734590
I doubt it, too much effort and not enough breaks for american ''''''''''''''''athletes''''''''''''''''
>>
File: 1375351182622.jpg (275 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
1375351182622.jpg
275 KB, 1162x850
>2030 World Cup
>Lebron James Jr. Attacking Midfielder
>Benjamin Brady at Striker
>Adrian Peterson Jr. at Right Wing
>Devin Hester Jr. at Left Wing
> Back line consists entirely of Dwight Howard's illegitimate children
>7-1 against Brazil in the semifinals
>9-1 against Germany in the final
>mfw
>>
>>64734793

>dwight howard's illegitimate children

damn..
>>
>>64734632

I personally think it's more that America sees it as a boring game
>>
>>64734590
God i hope not
Cant stand those edgy american fans "fans" who talk like they know shit afzer watching epl streams and youtube clips for some months
>>
It is already. Fortunately just for gays and queers.
>>
Maybe if they allow relocation of teams and manchester city and chelsea go there.
>>
for you
>>
No. It's a bit boring compared to our sports and our sports are much more ingrained into our culture. And I grew up with immigrant parents that only knew soccer.
>>
>>64736878
>our sports are more ingrained into our culture
Yes

> it's a bit boring
Do you find ads entertaining or something yank?
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
>>64736898
You don't have to watch ads. I know, I know your Australian and most of your out back, a dingo ate my baby education, came through a black and white tv but in America we can get on our mobility scooters ride them to our cars, take our wives sons to McDonald's and buy a couple burgers using our Chinese backed credit cards with a shotgun to protect us.

Ozzies. So back water hicks, go smoke your diggerie doo you koala fucking wog
>>
>>64734590
Only if America becomes good at it, but since they aren't good at it, kids don't want to study it all the way through school to the same degree, thus making America bad at it. Cycle goes on.
>>
if the US starts winning then maybe

i also get the feeling the the jews want to shove it down our throats a bit since the sport is growing so much and there seems to be more and more money pouring into it from investors. if our overlords want to market the sport towards us then we'll embrace it and give them our money.
>>
>>64737041
>>64737060
Would anything in the world cause more shitposting than America winning the winning cup
>>
>>64735939
How...? I never get that sentiment, I always hear that it's a sport for pussies. People in America watch baseball, I watch baseball, and I agree that baseball is boring as fuck. Soccer is so intense, I don't get how anyone could think it's boring
>>
You never know how big an impact one star player can have on a sport's popularity. In that sense US football is still doing alright considering their biggest star being Donovan.
>>
It's literally 45 minutes of play, a short break, than 45 minutes of play. I love American football as much as the next guy, but the commercials are unbearable. Anyone who thinks soccer is boring is a fucking retard
>>
>>64737145
>>64737127
But it is boring. 90 minutes of play and maybe 5 minutes of actually exciting stuff happening.
>>
>>64737145
It's like watching paint drying for 90 minutes m8
Technically something is happening, but it's still boring as fuck
>>
>>64734793
Thing is this team would last 5 minutes, be up a goal, and then receive 20.
>>
>>64735949
>Cant stand those edgy american fans "fans" who talk like they know shit afzer watching epl streams and youtube clips for some months

That's 1/3 of /sp/ right here.
>>
>>64737167
>implying basketball players don't have endurance
>implying football players don't have endurance
>>
>>64737160
>>64737164
I get the feeling that people who played the sport when they were young appreciate it more. I personally go to sleep during basketball games but not soccer games since I understand the game much more.
>>
The people of the world better hope not. The second we get excited about a sport, it'll only take us a few years before we completely dominate it at the International level.
>>
>>64737191
I did play thank you very much
>>
Honestly, in california soccer is the most popular sport, especially southern california. The rest of the country though that doesn't hold. I have lived in Northern california and go to sdsu and soccer has been huge everywhere I've been. It may not be more popular than football, but definitely on the same level
>>
>>64737186
Football players 100% don't have the endurance to last as long as a soccer player. They would last 3-5 minutes and be completely out of breath since they're made to use bursts of speed, not consistent movement. Basketball players being as tall as they are also couldn't last as long with the constant back and forth movements. It's not nearly as advantageous to be that tall as trying to stop decent dribblers would blow your knees the fuck out.
>>
I've met tons of football loving Americans, they just don't care about the domestic game.
>>
>>64737250
This is 100% true. You seriously have to be a true faggot to actually like the MLS. Anyone who likes soccer understands how hilariously shitty it is and appreciates the talent in leagues abroad
>>
>>64737233
Are you really implying that football players couldn't jog around a field for 45 minutes?
>basketball players not used to constant back and forth movement
wew
>>
>>64734590
when you stop calling it SAWKER
>>
Have some of you even ever watched a soccer match? 95% of the time the players are just walking.
>>
>>64737293
I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter
>>
>>64734590
Let me know when soccer allows touchdowns.
>>
>>64737311
Well yeah, scooters aren't allowed in the game outside of the US.
>>
>>64737191
Nearly everyone plays when they're a kid, I still think it is boring
>>
>>64737277
You have to be a bigger faggot to watch games played thousands of miles away
>>
The two sports that literally EVERYONE plays as a kid here is soccer and baseball. Barely anyone continues with baseball after triple AAA because it's the most fucking boring sport. A lot of people play soccer and continue to play it. It's hugely popular here.

Honestly, with all the moms getting upset about concussions in football, I think it might become the most popular soon enough.

And britbros, any American who says baseball is popular is fucking deluded. It's a sport that has died down in popularity here by a landslide and for good reason. Only old white people and their children go to the games

Basketball is not as widely played but still hugely popular because it's entertaining. If anyone else tells you otherwise they are a white faggot hillbilly living anywhere outside the relevant states. I.e. they're a southern piece of trash
>>
>>64737392
Bullshit
Bullshit
Bullshit
Okay but didn't need the ending
>>
>>64736999
Maino?
>>
I'd be really disappointed if it did.

America has good sports already. Povertyball would be a massive downgrade.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.