[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we stop doping in American sports? Is there any "clean"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: 19123912391011.jpg (30 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
19123912391011.jpg
30 KB, 600x600
How do we stop doping in American sports?

Is there any "clean" sport? NHL? Or do we just not hear about it because nobody cares about the NHL?
>>
>>64729715
it's extremely difficult, considering a lot of the drugs they use are natural hormones the body makes, like hGH for example. And for any test that finds a drug, a chemist or pharmacologist can find a way around it.

I highly doubt any sport with a large following is 100% clean with no players using PEDs.NHL certainly is not clean.
>>
>>64730186
I think MLB and NFL are particularly bad due to the massive amounts of money involved, though.

I personally despite the NFL and its fans, and the fact that they're willing, as an entire sport, to carry water for a golden boy who obviously cheated, just makes me hate them even more

I guess I'll stick with my shit sports that nobody watches
>>
Riddle me this. If a good 95-99% of them are taking steroids doesnt that make it fair game?
>>
>>64730440
Not really. It just proves that the league isn't really a "sport" but rather a form of commercial entertainment and merchandising vehicle. Which, I agree, would make "integrity of the game" discussions moot.
>>
american 'athletes' kek

>>64730440
only if they all have access to the same steroids
>>
>>64730357
MLB has the strictest PED testing of any sport, it's just a bigger news story because doing PEDs can dramatically boost your stats.

NBA and NFL have the most PED abuses and the weakest testing
>>
force drug injections on all of our athletes.

i want the biggest baddest roided up freaks.
>>
>>64730485
>If I spoke, the 2010 Spain national team would have their World Cup stripped
>>
>>64730476
If they're all taking the same performance enhancers and competing than it's still a sport. PEDs might make players more marketable but the playing field is still level.
>>
american "sports"

american """"""athletes"""""""

kek
>>
>>64730476
i have been telling slash ess pee slash since like 2009 that there should be an all-steroids league. boxing all-roids class. baseball annabolic conference. football all-steroids division. they would be WITHOUT A DOUBT the most based leagues in history.
>>
>>64730531
But they aren't all taking the same PEDs, and they are also denying that they are (which is dishonest to people who appreciate the sport), so it's just kind of garbage for garbage people. It's like the Snickers Pie or Bloomin' Onion of sports.
>>
>>64730564
Sure, if we can agree then that the NFL is basically "Real Housewives" with stats
>>
>>64730517
>a fellow inmate claimed Fuentes had told him
wew I guess this makes american ''''''''athletes'''''''' legit kek
>>
>>64730538
>implying steroids arent being used in every sport in every country in the world

Dont kid yourself Pedro
>>
1. You can't, there are millions at stake in performance. Even Olympians are doping. Sports are politically correct when it comes to PEDs, it doesn't benefit anyone if the public knew what really happens

2. Golf?
>>
>>64729715

>NHL?

No, the NHL has a very lax PED testing policy and most of the players are in some way addicted to sleeping pills.
>>
>>64729715
Considering the NFL is run like a mafia family, it would be difficult. There would need to be a restructuring at a fundamental level that changes how money is managed to make it less desirable for the athletes to go after performance-enhancing drugs.

>>64730357
>I personally despise the NFL and its fans, and the fact that they're willing, as an entire sport, to carry water for a golden boy who obviously cheated, just makes me hate them even more

They put Tom Brady through the ringer for substantially less
>>
>>64730494
This, you hardly ever hear about PEDs in the NFL and NBA, do you think it's more likely that's because they're not using, or because they're not testing?
>>
>>64730800
They only started testing for HGH in 2014.

Funnily enough, it was only against the rules after 2011, so Pey-Pey probably never broke any rules to begin with
>>
>>64730826
Videotaping sidelines wasn't against the rules until 2006, it's still cheating before that though.
>>
>>64730800
NBA's drug testing is laughable, they only have 4 tests per year, and they're notified in advance, and once that 4th test happens, they know they're clear for the rest of the season.
>>
The NHL doesn't have these problems because it is full of honorable white men from civilized northern countries.
>>
>>64730915
Also you can bribe the testers with free tickets
>>
>>64729715
Baseball. They actually cracked down on their cheaters.
>>
>>64730882
Hell, Rashard Lewis was on HGH during the 2009 finals and nobody even cared
>>
haaack
>>
Make an example out of Peyton
>>
>>64736839
YES
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.