[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this man a total fucking fraud? Does he even employ any tactics,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
File: manuel-pellegrini-A39O5479[1].jpg (54 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
manuel-pellegrini-A39O5479[1].jpg
54 KB, 800x450
Is this man a total fucking fraud?

Does he even employ any tactics, or does he just through as many oil mercenaries on the pitch as he can and just hope that their superior quality will outshine whatever 10 million pound squad they're up against?
>>
>>64724784
>Is this man a total fucking fraud?

Universidad Católica

Copa Chile (1): 1995
Copa Interamericana (1): 1993

LDU Quito

Serie A (1): 1999

San Lorenzo

Primera División (1): 2000–01
Copa Mercosur (1): 2001

River Plate

Primera División (1): 2002–03

Villarreal

UEFA Intertoto Cup (1): 2004

Manchester City

Premier League (1): 2013–14
Football League Cup (1): 2013–14

Individual

Miguel Muñoz Trophy (1): 2007–08
Premier League Manager of the Month (4): December 2013, January 2014, December 2014, August 2015
Málaga Provincial Council: Gold Shield

Managerial statistics
>>
City will be the only English team in a European quarterfinal.
>>
>>64724784
he knows hes being sacked regardless of the season he has, he might as well get the last laugh
>>
>>64724784
your thread is too complicated m8
>>
>>64724784
I would like to thank Everton for silencing the bandwagoner, that being said.

City will probably still advance, 1-2 on aggravate and a home game to come.
>>
>>64724836
t. drunk irishman
>>
>>64724784
He's utter shit which is probably why pup is going to City so he'll look amazing by comparison when he walks the league
>>
Guardiola is going to get B T F O in the prem though

The guy isn't as talented as people make out. I give him 2 yrs max
>>
>>64724834
might as well not qualify for the CL so Pep refuses the job, kek
>>
Corpse out
>>
>>64724821
>Universidad Católica
literally the only relevant club in his country alongside colo colo, he should've won more stuff 2bh.

>LDU Quito
don't know shit about this because ecuador's football is pretty much amateur

>San Lorenzo
this is an actual achievement.

>River Plate
literally the best club in argentina, the one with most titles and that was a period in which River won every single fucking national tournament.

>Villarreal
>Intertoto
literally what

>Manchester City
oil money makes things rather easy
>>
File: End it.gif (842 KB, 350x260) Image search: [Google]
End it.gif
842 KB, 350x260
>>64724784
>Does he even employ any tactics
I'm a City fan, but if you think you need tactics in this Donkey League I have news for you.
>>
File: 89840575.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
89840575.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>64725029
>I'm a city fan
Stopped reading there 2bh
>>
>>64725029
I made the mistake of reading your comment before looking at your flag.
>>
>>64725029
>HURRR DURRR YOU ONLY NEED TACTICS IN LA LIGA WHEN PLAYING AGAINST 11 LITERAL WHOS BUT THEY ARE SO TACTICALLY GREAT OMG
Americans please leave
>>
He's clearly a pretty good manager.
The fact that shitty manage to win anything with that bunch of players is testament to that.

He does that whole defending with the edge of the box thing which is pretty clever and works most of the time.

He sets the team up in a way that allows the few players who actually try to influence the game and the ones who don't try at least stand in the right place.

I've watched city on tv three times in the last few weeks (Arsenal, Watford and Everton) and they've put in maximum of about 5 minutes effort combined.
Don't know why the media are criticising the defenders when they are the only good thing about city, everything is down to the midfield and most significantly Yaya Toure.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pissing myself watching him, but he trundles round like a paraplegic on opium.
No other team that I've ever watched do I get the sense that these players genuinely never hang out outside of training and games and that any of them actually enjoy playing football.

City have to be the most depressing team to watch. They show up, play at the slowest pace ever before seen, put in the occasional two minutes effort and still manage to win most of their games because they have talented players and because they are well managed.

They remind of those middle-aged divorced men who have a well paid executive job and three children they never see who go on in life completely alone and hating themselves but never end it or themselves because it's all too easy to accept the status quo.
>>
if pellegrini was upset he'd be pellefrowni
>>
>>64724784
he's a good manager. Was very unlucky his time at halal was against super barcelona. He almost got villarreal to a cl final and malaga to semis
>>
>>64725491
/fucking thread.
>>
>>64725491
Jesus, this is a good analysis.

You think it has something to do with the team lacking a history of winning? Like it's supposed by all parties that it's all just strictly for the money?
>>
>>64725491
some fag will say that it's the manager's job to motivate the players, just wait.
>>
>>64724784
City is the only EPL team with a squad capable of doing well in Europe m8
>>
>>64725727
I'm not really sure.
Because you could say the same thing about Chelsea. But there you don't see the same level of acceptance for things that you do at city.

Clearly at Chelsea they wanted to get rid of Mou and they did. I could never see the City players doing that. Not because they particularly like Pell, but just because what would be the point.

Perhaps it is a lack of characters in the squad.
Chelsea always had Terry, Drogba and Lampard. Whereas City used to have Richards but he left and Kompany has been injured and doesn't seem as into it as he used to be.

All I know is it depresses me more to watch city play than it does to watch Villa play and I support Villa.
>>
>>64725865
>Perhaps it is a lack of characters in the squad
I'd say this is it
>>
>>64725145
>IN LA LIGA WHEN PLAYING AGAINST 11 LITERAL WHOS
Woah, calm your beer belly my inbred friend.
I suppose you're confusing things there, nowdays the epl has the literal who some of the best players in your country are la liga rejects
and it's actually true that teams in the prem employ very little tactic in comparison to other european to leagues
>>
>>64725932
We're about 5 posts away from someone linking a spielverlagerung (whatever way you spell it) article about how premier league teams don't utilize half spaces
>>
>>64725932
says the german

chicharito and saloman kalou are literally ripping up your league right now lmao
>>
>>64725865
>Perhaps it is a lack of characters in the squad.

It's this, yeah. Even when Chelsea had the oil money come in they kept some characters in the thread- Terry, Lampard- and some of the early signings became stalwarts for them- Cole, Cech, Drogba. And interestingly right as they just went down to one of them, their season flew off the rails with half the team clearly not giving a fuck.

City don't really have that anymore, save maybe for Kompany and occasionally Hart- and desu I get the impression most the City players don't listen to Hart. The fact they all know Pellers is a dead man walking right now probably doesn't help with motivation, as it stands more than a few of them are just fine putting in minimum effort and picking up their pay cheque.
>>
>>64725020
>riber
>best club in argentina
l m a o
>>
rough game to watch

pellegrini doesn't have a plan that doesn't depend on Yaya

shit is painful

but >WE can still beat neverton

(hang in there Dutchbro wherever you are)
>>
>>64724832
Wish they would have gotten PSG. City are cursed, no way they will win the tournament. They might as well go out as soon as possible.
>>
.>>64725145
This. Running back and forth is a legitimate tactic.
>>
>>64725779

You just did
>>
So how's it going to go?

Poop to Citeh, Mourinho to ManPoo, and Brenda to CheLLLLLsea?
>>
>>64731820
>simeone, pep, and mou all coaching in the same league yet again
book it
>>
File: 10nfACRw_400x400.jpg (16 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
10nfACRw_400x400.jpg
16 KB, 400x400
>>64729731
Agree, >We need to get behind the team, and hope Yaya gets a 5month long injured. Also Pellegrini needs to start Nacho in the FA Cup ffs.

And >We can easily beat Neverton at home. Got the away go and I doubt we can keep a clean sheet at home, So need to outscore them by 2 goal in a win. 3-1 at home is doable.
>>
>>64725020
>Intertoto
>What

Underages OUT.
>>
>>64724784
Team knows pep is coming so they don't give a fuck any longer
>>
>>64725559
Was that the year when Dirtmund cheated their way into final?
>>
>>64733886
yup, the one against malaga. iirc dortmund scored a goal in the 'last' minutes with 4 players offside.

And he didn't make it to the final with villarreal for a missed penalty? don't remember very well that one
>>
He will still leave us with the league and league cup.

Cap this.
>>
>>64733930
And Malaga were offside for one of their goals, so it cancelled each other out.
>>
>we
>us
>this flag

Arsenal are winning the league and City won't get past Everton you faggot cuck
>>
>>64733968
>>64736168
>>
>Tactics
It's freaking soccer. Your best players make good passes and keep the ball, your worst players fuck it all up, and sometimes everyone gets their shit together long enough to coincide with some luck to score a goal.
>>
I don't think Pellegrini is a fraud. He has shown in other clubs that he's a pretty good manager and has a clear playing style. What happens in City is the same that happened to Chelsea this season. They are not motivated enough. They don't want to win. They get paid 200k pounds per week. That's why managers like Mourinho will never compare to Ferguson, who had success and kept his players hungry of more titles for decades, while Mourinho after two seasons drain the energy of his lockerroom.

>>64725020
Católica is the third most important club m8. But yes, he had a GOAT squad with Pipo Gorosito and Beto Acosta playing in Chile while they were still in the Argentina NT.

>>64733886
Exactly, that was against Malaga. And when he managed Villareal he would have made it to the finals only if Juan Roman Riquelme had scored that fucking penalty. He literally cucked the city of Villareal out of a final.
>>
>>64736214

This is why americunts will never be good at football

Go back to your burger stand lard ass.
>>
>>64736238
Fuck off, dingowalker. soccer is gay
>>
>>64733969
oh yea, I didn't remember that malaga offside goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKuCJj_lmBs
>>
The players know he's going at the end of the season so they've stopped listening to him. That, and the squad is bizarre in that it's full of some utterly amazing players surrounded by some Liverpool quality players.
>>
If the stories about the players celebrating losing the cup final because it meant Mancini would be sacked are true the dressing room has needed clearing out for years, toure especially
>>
>>64733848
I'm 26 m8, I know what it is.
I was merely remarking how irrelevant that title was.
>>
>>64725020
>riBer
>best club in niggertina

Are you forgetting Boca won the libertadores and intercontinental that same year?

top cuck
>>
>>64725491
>I get the sense that these players genuinely never hang out outside of training and games
bullshit, they're all total bros
>>
>>64726203
>So Chicharito is bad Mexican meme

Just because your shitty American owned team managed by a Dutch failure doesn't know how to use him doesn't make him bad.
>>
>>64725029
>that flag
>this post
>>
File: ascenso.jpg (66 KB, 787x433) Image search: [Google]
ascenso.jpg
66 KB, 787x433
>>64725020
>yiver
>voka
>literally best clubes
enjoy your tv giles
>>
>>64737862
>he was never a starter under Fergie either
>he did jackshit in Spain
>went to Buyernwinsliga
>literally ripping it apart
>some american is defending chicha
>mfw mexicans in murica
>mfw hope trump wins
>>
>>64736214
>tactics
Its freaking football. You get a pack of niggers, feed them burgers, deep fried food, and steroids, have them run head first at each other as heavily as possible. The best players don't fall down when slammed by one nigger, the shitty ones fall down when they are, and occasionally one nigger is fast enough to run past a line.
>>
File: argentinian_and_young_pelle.jpg (45 KB, 660x350) Image search: [Google]
argentinian_and_young_pelle.jpg
45 KB, 660x350
>>64725020

>he only relevant club in his country alongside colo colo

Not really. Colo-Colo and U de Chile are the best ones.

But they are labeled as "Segundones" because they choke on finals (a little bit like the argentinian NT. maybe that's why he worked in River Plate. Good managing "pechos frios")
>>
GOAT tactics against Watford, shit tactics against Everton
>>
>>64733640

this guy knows
>>
Football
>>
>>64725491
You should start a blog about football desu, better than literally 99% of journalists.
>>
>>64736645
Mancini himself was not quite innocent in this story though.
>>
>>64724821

>all those large gaps
>>
>>64726245

>City will never have a player like Richard Dunne again who actually cares about the club

Feels man
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.