[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rugby
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
What does /sp/ think of rugby, where I live (south west Britain) it is by car the most popular sport, you'd struggle to find a man/boy who has never played it.
I hear it is also becoming more popular in America, is this true?
>>
*far
[spoiler]Being this retarded.[/spoiler]
>>
Why are they doing the gangnam style in the rain?
>>
It's a popular college sport but it's a club sport. You have club rugby teams at colleges that play other schools and then everybody parties with each other later that night

It'll never surpass or even compete with ammerican football because they're too similar, but it's a niche sport here
>>
>>64708688
It can definitely challenge Basketball and Association Football's popularity worldwide in the decades to come.
>>
Its not true, Americans feel the same about Rugby as they do about Soccer. Its just a more boring version of sports we already have.

Instead of rugby our suburban rich whites will play Ice Hockey or Lacrosse.
Instead of rugby, our low class niggs/rednecks will play Football.

However Ice Hockey is seeing real growth as the American national team improves. I'd say its one of the fastest growing programs that is getting overlooked because its "too white."
>>
>>64708797
>furpuck
>growing
"No"
>>
>>64708841
>ignorance
>reality
"no"
>>
Its a real middle class sport and that is the problem in the Netherlands because our middle class sport is field hockey. Despite all of this people really enjoyed the world cup and membership has gone up a bit but I don't know if itll ever be big in the Netherlands. Maybe if we get a team or two in a bigger league like Germany.
>>
>>64708923
The EPL gets better ratings
>>
there are regular rugby threads here on /sp/

I think it's becoming more and more popular over here, despite obviously still being obviously of niche sport. We're pretty good in sevens though, which attracts attention
Me and a lot of my friends actually started following rugby since 2007, when we had our only appearance in the world cup
>>
>>64708950
are you really so stupid you think that TV ratings determine if people are playing a sport or not?

Lacrosse isn't even televised usually, fuck off you dipshit. The reality is the American born professional hockey prospect ratio is on a steady rise.

It has nothing to do with mexicans watching soccer on tv. Mexicans arent even athletic lel.
>>
>>64708725
nigger I already know you're a yuro immigrant and have posted in the past 2 RWC I know you love rugby go back to yurop this country is only for americans
>>
>>64708688
whats the most popular sport by train
>>
>>64709007
>lacrosse
no one cares about hockey in this country
>>
>>64709003
Op here.
Fuck me I played a nationals tournament for sevens, it was fucking legit, being fit actually nearly becomes more important than being big. I loved if.
>>
File: usa.jpg (130 KB, 565x960) Image search: [Google]
usa.jpg
130 KB, 565x960
>>
>>64709174
sevens is a trash game.
Full side union or nothing at all.

It's pretty big at the college level and growing in the local club level.

It's seen as too dangerous though for it to ever really get big or us as a nation to get good because we won't really let kids play.
>>
>>64708841
>>64708950
>>64709062
autism
>>
>>64709027
I didnt know he was a euro
>>
I played on my college's club team. Was a flanker and lock. Definitely tons of fun to play. Nothing feels better than when you just lay a guy out with a block
>>
What does /sp/ think of rugby league, where I live (Northern England) it is by car the most popular sport, you'd struggle to find a man/boy who has never played it.
I hear one of its best players is becoming the best NFLer in America, is this true?
>>
>>64708688
Pls notice us big, stronk americans
>>
File: 1451942727639.gif (2 MB, 245x276) Image search: [Google]
1451942727639.gif
2 MB, 245x276
>>64708794
>It can definitely challenge Basketball
>Singapore
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-05+at+08.36.52).png (390 KB, 432x501) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-05+at+08.36.52).png
390 KB, 432x501
>>64708688
>ywn do a haka with your bros under the rain after winning a match
>>
>>64708688
It's fairly popular in this corner of Canada, mostly because every high school has a program (not many have football teams)
I never played myself. Wanted to, basically every joins in their first year, but long story I ended up not.
The culture around it though I can't get into. A bunch of burly guys getting absurdly drunk and doing homoerotic shit...
>>
File: sohot.png (187 KB, 526x628) Image search: [Google]
sohot.png
187 KB, 526x628
Does this look like the face of mercy?
>>
File: IMG_1220.jpg (21 KB, 297x223) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1220.jpg
21 KB, 297x223
>>64708688
seems pretty lame and gay tbhfam
>>
>>64710476
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>64708688

I think is pretty fucking awesome, I like it more than american foobtall because is more fluid, I wish it was more popular here.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.