[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there so many Steelers fans? Leftover bandwagoners
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Pittsburgh_Steelers2.jpg (148 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
Pittsburgh_Steelers2.jpg
148 KB, 1365x1024
Why are there so many Steelers fans?

Leftover bandwagoners from the 70s?
>>
>>64704579
>muh 6 rings
going to 3 superbowls under their current qb doesn't hurt either
>>
Will the Patriots bandwagon still be around in 40 years?
>>
>>64704665
That would make sense to people who live there or who have lived there, but they also have trons of fans who have never set foot in the state while also living in areas with NFL teams.
>>
>>64704696
No, because after Belicheat retires they will be trash again. McDaniels will be their coach but he is not as good of a cheater and he also gets caught.

The Stoolers have had enough recent success to warrant having a small bandwagon again.
>>
6 fucking rings
>>
>>64704709
My sense is that a large number of people have moved away from Pittsburgh during various economic downturns, and remain fans.

Also, for reasons I can't pinpoint, they seem to have a huge appeal to the more obnoxiously-drunk species of redneck, especially those with drunk girlfriends who go "Whoooooooooo!" alot and then vomit during the fourth quarter.
>>
Because they're the dirtiest, niggerest, second cheatingest team in football and retards gobble that shit up.
>>
lot of militaryfags support the steelers. saw a lot when living overseas as an army brat. they are just a staple of football and naturally have a lot of fans unlike small market teams.
>>
>>64704894
>Also, for reasons I can't pinpoint, they seem to have a huge appeal to the more obnoxiously-drunk species of redneck, especially those with drunk girlfriends who go "Whoooooooooo!" alot and then vomit during the fourth quarter.

No, that's the packers bandwagon.
>>
>>64704894
This.

The steel industry in Pittsburgh collapsed in the '70s, at the same time the Steelers dominated the NFL, so for a lot of former Yinzers, the Steelers is the last good thing that happened in the city, so they have a strong following from expatriates.

The Cowboys just get bandwagoned because of better PR, far-flung Steelers fans usually have a real reason to follow the team.
>>
>>64704972
Hey now, we Wisconsinites actually named one of our pro teams the Brewers, drunk Packers fans shouldn't surprise anyone.
>>
>>64704946
No, that'd be the Panthers.
>>
There are football fans who live in Pittsburgh or are originally from Pittsburgh.
>>
File: 1411241582489.gif (208 KB, 250x219) Image search: [Google]
1411241582489.gif
208 KB, 250x219
>>64704946
>>
>>64704579

Pittsburghfag Here

I fucking hate the steelers with such a passion you have no idea

The fanbase is full of faggots who's lives revolve around the team

and if their teams don't win they'll beat their wives

That being said people jump on because they are consistently winning and have 6 superb owls

here in pgh it's more of a religion and groupthink
and if you dare speak against them they'll rape you worse then ben
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.