[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American football is too dangerous, and it should be abolished
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
>I’d suggest recreating the game without helmets instead, but that’s not going to happen, so we should all just channel our primal blood-lust elsewhere.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/04/american-football-is-too-dangerous-and-it-should-be-abolished
>>
>>64699233
>no helmets is too unrealistic
>shutting down one of the most profitable industries in America is realistic

Clickbait m8.
>>
>>64699233
and here we go again.
>Britcucks
>>
File: 8.gif (2 MB, 328x166) Image search: [Google]
8.gif
2 MB, 328x166
>football is rugby for sissies
>football is so dangerous it must be banned

The cucks should make up their minds t.b.h.
>>
>A britbong company denouncing american sports

They just can't handle the freedom of having more than one sport.
>>
>>64699327
>tennis
>rugby
>cricket
>>
>>64699290
>>64699298

Reading it, it seems quite apparent that the author is American.
>>
The Grauniad again wishing to ban things. Nothing new.
Have you seen their christmas headlines last week? These fuckers don't like fun.
>>
>The Guardian
A website for people that think that opinions are just as good as facts
>>
>>64699270
>shutting down one of the biggest tax dodgers in America is realistic
>>
>>64699327
>this flag
>this post
>>
>this sport is too dangerous!
>pay men millions of dollars to play sport because of the inherent dangers of playing said sport
>we should ban it!

Do you niggers seriously think that people play football without knowing the risks of said game? When you are a SNAP/Section 8 benefits receiving, projects housing living, nig nog with no future beyond the shithole of a city you live in, your options are typically selling drugs, joining a gang, or being good enough to play football. Given the options, do you really think that hoodlums give a fuck about their well being when they can get millions, have bling and bitches, and buy their families houses and shit? Fuck, even the parents are like "Baby, you gotta go get knocked the fuck out and die for your family for these millions baby go get it."

Come on, NFL isn't going anywhere as long as grown men continue to want millions of dollars to bash their heads into other people.
>>
Dave Bry is a food columnist.
>>
>>64699233
>http://www.theguardian.com
>theguardian

Might as well get your news from Tumblr, m80.
>>
tell people to stop hitting people with their face and look where they are going

there is a reason why the truly elite players don't have concussion problems
>>
>>64699233
american football is done, this is it lads
>>
>>64699893
I don't think a click bait article from some faggot will kill it.
>>
>>64699908
nope, but parents taking their kids out of practice for fear of them becoming brain dead will. Highschools will also close their teams sooner or later, all because Will Smith's brain investigations. This is the end, my friend.
>>
>>64699972
see
>>64699805
>>
>>64699972
>not American
>trying to argue why America's most popular sport will magically die off
Dude that's like saying soccer will overtake football in the us. It will never happen. Everyone and their grandma knows its dangerous. Hell during the carolina-Tampa bay game the bucs fullback had a gruesome foot injury. Football will never die here. It practically owns our weekends.
>>
>>64699437
> tennis
> cricket
> darts

HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>64699850
Very fitting seeing as how many NFL players become a vegetable.
>>
>>64699233
Can't handle the possibility of getting hurt, don't play. Simple as that. Helmets are never going anywhere. Players know the risks.

I'd argue all this mess with concussions is actually causing other serious injuries. Now instead of a couple guys knocking heads you have guys diving at each other's knees, fucking up ligaments and bones. I don't know about you, but I'd like to be able to walk without immense pain when I'm 50.

I've seen a poll given to athletes that asked if they'd rather die 10 years earlier or be better at their sport. IIRC, about 70% said they'd rather be better at their sport.
>>
i wonder what the world would be like if these kinds of people were able to actually mold it to their liking. would there be anything fun to do at all, or would everything be banned?
>>
Handegg franchises should be converted in rugby league franchises
>>
>>64699805
>pay men millions of dollars to play sport because of the inherent dangers of playing said sport

They're not beid millions because it's dangerous, but because the NFL makes billions of profits thanks to them though. There are shitloads of other jobs that are more dangerous where the workers barely make a couple thousands $ per month.
>>
>>64701141
The argument about CTE makes rugby as dangerous as football.
Multiple minor head traumas,not only from blows to the head but any shock at all.
And the guy is just looking for attention.
Nothing to read there
>>
>>64699233
British people are giant cuck faggots.

They need to be eradicated from the planet.
>>
>>64699233

You guys should realise that The Guardian is a left wing rag that nobody with half a brain takes seriously over here

It's basically like the New York Times is for you guys
>>
>>64701378
New York Post friend.
NYTimes is srsbusiness.
>>
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-things-you-learn-getting-paid-to-troll-people-online/
>>
>>64701355
>take 3 seconds to Google the writer's name
>find out he's an actual faggot from New Jersey

Try doing this in future, it's honestly not that difficult.
>>
>>64701420

No, I definitely meant New York Times.

The New York Post is a tabloid. Equivalent to The Sun for us.
>>
>>64699751

The owners pay taxes.

If you shut the league down they will just start a new one.
>>
>>64701501
Oh, well, then..umm,, I hate to break it to you, but a shitton of people take the NYT very seriously...as in it's probably the best respected news paper in the US after the WSJ. Everyone realizes it's left as hell, but well, a lot of people listen to them.
>>
>>64700689
It would be worse than anything Orwell could have ever imagined. Literally a prison planet
>>
>>64701600

Clearly you're not included among the people with "half a brain" then
>>
>he italicized foie gras
>he thinks foie gras is torture
>he writes for the guardian
this little twerp is the irl version of the janitor
>>
>>64701332
>implying rugby league has more injuries than handegg
>>
>>64699233
>people like this are no longer ridiculed as the pathetic little faggots they are

We need to bring back bullying
>>
File: guardianxmas.jpg (55 KB, 562x423) Image search: [Google]
guardianxmas.jpg
55 KB, 562x423
>>64699233

Guardian is the leftwing Fox News, it's a laughing stock
>>
>>64702031
Heres the thing, awhile ago 'journalists' realized they make more money from ridiculous clickbait bullshit, so they write the most asinine trash imaginable on purpose
>>
>>64700589
>"haha you only play one sport"
>prove this wrong
>"haha t-they don't count"
>>
>>64699233
>>64702031
>I dont get good pussy/dick and I'm really mad about it: The Newspaper
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.