[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled can we agree this was the GOAT Owl?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 453x304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 453x304
Now that the dust has settled can we agree this was the GOAT Owl?
>>
nah
>>
>>64696662
no because the cardinals lost and rapistburger won
>>
I'm Steelers fan and even though we lost SB45 that was my favorite game out of the last 3 owls we went to
>>
It was the greatest owl for 18-21 year old millenials, but there were better ones before they can't really remember.

Pats/Rams
Seahawks/Steelers
18-1

I would even argue that Seahawks/Patriots was better.
>>
>>64696749
if warner had driven down the field for one final drive and hit fitz with a hail mary, then yes it would be GOAT
as it is, it's merely very good
>>
i love the rapist burger
most underrated QB
>>
>>64696662

Yes, absolutely. It had everything you could ask for in a big game. And my glorious Steelers won.

>>64696749
Rodgers torching that secondary at will still haunts me at night.
>>
>>64696758
you do realize all the super bowls you listed are super bowls that were played during the milenials lifetime right?

Also seahawks/steelers is quite possibly the worst super bowl ive ever seen. I dont even remember watching it.
>>
>>64696789
see guys, I tould you everyone in Mexico was a Steelers fan, not Raiders. Can we stop this meme now?
>>
>>64696792

>Not saying Broncos/Seahawks was the worst one.
>>
>>64696803

It's filthy chicanos and pochos who are Raiders fans.
>>
>>64696758
Seahawks/Steelers was so bad I stopped watching football for years.
>>
>>64696789

>that laser over the middle to Jennings on the Packers last drive

it's the reason Steelersfag started the gay meme, I bet
>>
>>64696758
Yeah because it had a 100 pick 6 from a pass rushing linebacker, a larry "outruns everyone" fitzgerald dearh blow td and then a Miracle TD catch in the final seconds..

Fucking Boomers, when will they learn
>>
>>64696749
Steelers had a WOAT start to that game and was down 18 and manage to cut it to 3pts mid 4th quarter, if their Defense didn't become washed that exact season they would have 7 lombardi's right now
>>
Was boring most of the game and the team that made the comeback ended up losing anyways

No.
>>
2000+

>Classic
Patriots 28 Seahawks 24
Patriots 20 Rams 17
Giants 17 Patriots 14
Patriots 32 Panthers 29
Patriots 24 Eagles 21
Giants 21 Patriots 17

>Good
Steelers 27 Cardinals 23
Saints 31 Colts 17 *This was closer later than score, if I remember*
Packers 31 Steelers 25
Ravens 34 49ers 31

>Entertaining Blowout
Seahawks 43
Broncos 8

>Awful
Colts 29 Bears 17
Steelers 21 Seahawks 10
Ravens 34 Giants 7
Bucs 48 Raiders 21

TL;DR: You should thank the Patriots for giving you amazing Super Bowls, in win and deafeat
>>
>>64696968
Nah i blame that SB45 loss on Ben more than the Defense, he had 3 pics that game (one being a pic 6) that handed the Packers the game..
>>
wide right was the best super bowl ever
>>
>>64697000

the secondary was non-existant all game long and lebeau didn't do shit to fix it
that and mendenhall fumbling like a bitch when the comeback was on
>>
>>64696749
I don't know how you're a Steeler fan and have that game as your favorite out the previous 3. Steelers played with ZERO heart the entire game, they played like an entitled champion/team and that the Packers were just gonna lay down so they could win their 3rd SB in 5 seasons; then tried to pull off a miracle comeback like they did to AZ..
(it was a clear PI that wasn't called for Mike Wallace on 4th and 5 that final drive though)
>>
File: brabow.jpg (9 KB, 218x231) Image search: [Google]
brabow.jpg
9 KB, 218x231
>>64696989
MFW seeing the Patriots in that many classic owls
>>
>>64696989
the best patriots superbowl was the one against the bears
>>
>Cards being blatantly robbed
>GOAT Super Bowl
Pick one, faggot
I am still raging that they robbed Kurt Warner from another ring
GOAT QB
>>
James Harrison's INT at the end of the first half was the single GOAT play
>>
>>64697033
Fuck Mendenhall, that terrorist supporting butterfingered faggot
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 412x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 412x396
>>64696989
>Saints 31 Colts 17
>*This was closer than the score, if I remember*
>>
>>64697305

I fucking loved that play

I'm a Pats fan though ;)
>>
>>64697222
lmao
how do the steelers just happen to get "ref help" every superbowl
you jelly faggots just need to accept that your little bitch team sucked dick and got raped by the one and only rapistburger
>>
>>64697000

polumalu as the defensive player of the year was literally a liability that game
>>
>>64697305
This was so amazing to watch live. Tracy Porter will always have a special place in my heart.
>>
titans rams was goat SB
>>
>>64696662
no matter how good the game is, the Steelers logo is the worst in the league therefore no.
>>
>>64697390

Troy became too Hollywood/Pretty Boy that year and until he retired, he was in too many commercials and his gambles were hurting them on consistent basis, it's like once the media dubbed him a legend (which he is) he stopped playing with passion, he retired about 3 years too early because of that shit
>>
Injuries slowed Troy down more than anything
>>
Troy Polamalu got away with so many offsides penalties I'm fucking shocked it wasn't ever talked about until he started slowing down.
>>
>Steelers win
>GOAT

i dont think so
>>
18-1
>>
>>64697607
Troy never really loved football to begin with, which didn't help. It was always just a job. Dem Samoan genes tho.
>>
>>64697752
He was also the King of hitting defense-less receivers, that shit also never got called
>>
>>64696758
>millenials
why do peope think this is synonymous with 90s baby? People who were born in 1980 are millenials
>>
File: Warner being held.gif (914 KB, 800x564) Image search: [Google]
Warner being held.gif
914 KB, 800x564
>>64697222
>they robbed Kurt Warner from another ring
Trips of truth.

Steelers fans - and I used to be one, have family there, all of it - have become the blue-collar version of Pats fans: blind to how their team cheats (or benefits from refball). That's not only annoying, it's also just sad, because it takes away from all the ways the team is good.

For me Cards-Steelers was the football version of the 2002 NBA WCF Kings-Lakers Game 6.

While in that case the refball was clearly intentional, and in this case I think the refs simply couldn't conceive the Cardinals might actually win (and so reflexively call things in PIT's favor, like calling Rapistburger's landing a yard short of the end zone a TD, or not throwing any flags on Harrison's int runback even with glaring holding and clipping), it still turned what could have been an historic SB into a tragedy.

What I admire about Warner is the guy's had two separate Super Bowls stolen from him, and yet he hasn't whined about it at all. I couldn't be as accepting, even though I'd try. Total respect for that.
>>
>>64696662

Nah, too much refball
>>
File: Thanks bro.jpg (44 KB, 600x444) Image search: [Google]
Thanks bro.jpg
44 KB, 600x444
>>64697222
>>64698589
The blatant hold on Kurt Warner - who was right in front of Harrison starting to push him out of bounds before he was pulled away - happens from the Steelers' 30 to the 40 yard line. The flying block in the back against RB Tim Hightower - again, just as he was going to tackle Harrison - happens at the Cardinals' 30.

It's not surprising defense players don't know how to block, but that doesn't mean holding and blocks in the back aren't penalties.

The officials also don't pick up Larry Fitzgerald running down the sideline out of bounds, but that wouldn't have affected the outcome of the play - just shows how the officiating on the entire play was cluelessly wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGYS6IfLZC4
>>
>>64696989
>Entertaining Blowout
>NOT having Bucs 48 Raiders 21 in that list....
kekeke
>>
File: Super_Bowl_XXXVIII.svg.png (140 KB, 1143x1024) Image search: [Google]
Super_Bowl_XXXVIII.svg.png
140 KB, 1143x1024
Great offense
Great defense
Great spaghetti moment
Janet Jackson's tit

GOAT SUPER BOWL
>>
>>64697190
https://youtu.be/IJXEHxYHgf0?t=63

Are you fucking blind? Tramon Williams was a top 5 corner that year
>>
>>64697390
Greg Jennings fucking exposed him as retard that game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-BIN7VZgV8

All game he was saying that Polamalu had no idea how to cover a corner route, and when McCarthy finally decides to listen Polamalu got fucking exposed
>>
>>64704821
steelers fan here. I had the same thought process as Aikman in that video. 2nd angle shows it clearly was clean.
>>
All these fucking children, so sad you never got to watch epic owls like Super Bowl XXXI, XXIX, or XXX
>>
>>64704821

>tfw you remember Driver could finally retire with a ring
>>
Pats x Giants always will be the GOAT owl in all the incarnations.
>>
>>64697417
No. Each team only showing up for one half does not a good super bowl make
>>
>>64696758
Broncos/Packers was GOAT. Broncos were something like 14 point underdogs, EVERYBODY thought the Pack was going to BTTFU. I couldn't understand it, the Broncos just looked like the better team to me. One of the few times I was right.
>>
>>64697030
My first SB. I didn't quite understand the game then though, but I definitely enjoyed it
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.