[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best job available at this moment /sp/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10
File: UnemployedTeams.png (519 KB, 1686x661) Image search: [Google]
UnemployedTeams.png
519 KB, 1686x661
What is the best job available at this moment /sp/?
>>
Giants and its not even close.
>>
>>64689046
Titans tbqh. Utilize Marriota by picking a good WR for your first pick
>>
1. Giants
2. Colts
3. Titans
4. Dolphins
5. Eagles
6. Browns
7. 49ers
>>
>>64689158
this is actually pretty accurate
>>
>>64689046
Colts, Giants of Fins
>>
>>64689158
>>64689064
Why do people think the Giants job is good? They literally have 2 good players on the whole team.

1.Colts

POWER GAP

2.Titans
3.Eagles
4.Dolphins
5.Giants

POWER GAP

6. 49ers

EVEN BIGGER POWER GAP

7.Browns
>>
>>64689158

What makes the 49ers so bad?
>>
Titans

>one of the easiest divisions in football
>level-headed franchise QB heading into his 2nd year
>#1 overall pick

It's not even close, really.
>>
>>64689204
>Having pill popper breathing down your neck
>>
>>64689212
Jed York and literally no players
>>
File: love-hate relationship.jpg (71 KB, 950x521) Image search: [Google]
love-hate relationship.jpg
71 KB, 950x521
>>64689212
york+baalke
>>
>>64689221
Who do they have other than Mariota though?
>>
Browns.

I'd love to see somebody actually turn the organization around completely.
>>
>>64689204

HOF QB
Great ownership
Classy fans

Only issue is that diva OBJ but he can be tamed
>>
>>64689268
>HOF QB
I love Eli m8 but lets not anoint him just yet, If he wins another ring then sure.
>>
>>64689204
NY is actually run by competent people. Basically you're being hired by a program that knows what it takes to win and can actually make decent personnel decisions. Most of the others jobs are run by people with downs.
>>
Colts. If you can keep Andrew Luck healthy, you have a QB who singlehandedly makes you a Playoff Contender every single year. In a league where QBs are at a premium, to be able to say you have a good one, let alone an elite one, is a luxury.

You can spend your time worrying about everything else, but you'll NEVER have to worry about the QB position.
>>
>>64689268

>OBJ
>A problem

He may be a diva but he is no lockerroom cancer.
>>
>>64689332
Yeah. The players still like him. If he can stop digging holes for his team with penalties then he'll be fine.
>>
>>64689311
this, the only problem with the colts is bad ownership.
>>
>>64689293
>ny qb
>2 rings
>(barring injury) will end career over 50k yards and 300 tds

he shouldn't be, but he's a lock
>>
>>64689299
>>64689268
Then why has there team been so shit apart from Eli and Beckham?
>>
>>64689293
Most wins by any qb in franchise history. Most games played. Most TDs. Most SBs.

Ehhhh probably a lock.
>>
>>64689212

The front office is cancer that ran one of the greatest new NFL coaches of all time out of town due to ego problems
>>
any answer besides the giants is wrong. nfc east is so fucking bad that the giants should be winning every year like the pats do for the afc east.
>>
>>64689383
M8, you can say the same thing about the Colts and Titans. The Colts probably have a better QB but they don't have better ownership m8, The Giants are without a doubt the best current situation for an incoming coach
>>
>>64689383
maybe it has something to do with the fact that their head coach just "retired"..?
>>
Colts
Giants
Dolphins
49ers
Titans
Eagles
Browns

Colts, Giants and Dolphins all have "franchise" QB's. Even though Tanihill is average, he offers more stability than many of the lower end QB's and rookies.

49ers are essentially a blank slate. Maybe not the best place for a first time head coach.

The Eagles will take several years to unfuck. The players they have only fit into the Chip Kelly's autism system.

Browns will be last in any positive ranking.
>>
>>64689046
Best to worst:

Titans/Eagles

Titans have their franchise QB and a ton of cap space. The Eagles just need a little tweaking at skill positions. Both of these teams leave whoever wants to coach them with a ton of options and little oversight since they don't really have a clear identity.

>Colts
The only only thing great about this job is Andrew Luck. It means guaranteed elite stability at the most important position for the next decade, and a lot of wiggle room to open the playbook. Sadly, Irsay is still the owner. Good luck dealing with him and whatever mad scientist he appoints as GM.

Dolphins
Again, only need some minor tweaking. But you have a lot less room to maneuver in the way of cap space and your ass is on the clock from day one.

Giants
Just a lot of 'meh.' A lot of potential... but also a lot of questions. Odell is either about to take off or get exposed. JPP may not be around much longer. Eli isn't getting any younger... and you're in the biggest media market in the league. Less than ideal. On the other hand, very stable organization.

49ers
Currently at the bottom of the most competitive division in the league. Low expectations on one hand, intensive rebuilding on the other.

Browns
>kek
>>
>>64689445
>The Eagles will take several years to unfuck. The players they have only fit into the Chip Kelly's autism system.

not really, they just have alot of average / above average players all around their team like Jordan Mathews, Zach Ertz, Lane Johnson, Demarco, Fletcher Cox, Malcolm Jenkins ect. but no elite players.
If Bradford wants to resign and they have a good draft for once they could easily be in the playoffs next year
>>
>>64689455
Ehhhh.

Giants
Colts
Dolphins
Titans
Eagles
Browns
49ers

You CANNOT I repeat CANNOT consider a rookie a franchise QB. He needs AT LEAST three seasons of success to be determined a franchise QB.

The Eagles are a dumpster fire. The roster is in shambles. All of the skill positions need to be reworked. Your opinion otherwise shows pure ignorance to the situation.

Your statement on the Colts is fine.

The dolphins need a little bit more than "minor tweaking" but not much. They need a good number 2 WR and hey need to make sure Tannehill is what they think he is.
>>
>>>64689455

>Titans
>Dolphins
>minor tweaking

>coaching in a high profile city a negative to a new coach

Nah, but it seems like McAdoo is gonna be the head coach for the Giants.
>>
>>64689523
Sure the Eagles have a lot of good players. But none of them fit together. They have a whole bunch of pieces to a bunch of different puzzles.
>>
>>64689268
>classy fans
Nigga you must not live in the tri-state. NYG fans are almost as insufferable as Pats fans.
>>
Browns HC has one plus: he will help pick the new GM/President.

No joke - that's Haslam's plan
>>
>>64689570

It's all relative. There is no such thing as "classy" fans. Just fans who are "quieter" than others.

The fact that despite winning two recent SB's, Giants fans are still considered less insufferable than Jets fans says a lot.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 513x545) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 513x545
>tfw we swap coaches with the saints

I can legitimately see this happening.
>>
>>64689523

They shipped away talent and didn't replace them.

And worse yet, most of these guys are killing it with other teams.
>>
>>64689753
...and?
everyone knows Chip fucked up on that part. There is a reason he was fired.

I was just saying the Eagles have more talent across the board than the Giants do, and they are a more attractive job.
>>
Even with a hard salary cap it feels like history matters a lot. So the 49ers or Giants if you want to win Owls. I base this on nothing at all.
>>
>>64689788
>Filthadelphia coaching job
>attractive

Not unless you're a fucking masochist
>>
>>64689810
History matters with the Giants, but moreso for their history of not hastily firing coaches

49ers have zero links to their glory days (except the owner being the nephew of the guy who owned the team during their glory days)
>>
You can remove the Tits from that list because if Chip Kelly isn't coming I'll eat my hat. And I don't necessarily want Chip to come.
>>
Anyone who thinks the problem with the iggles lies in the roster doesn't know shit about the team. As long as they can either A) resign Bradford or B) have Lynch available at pick #13, they'll be fine. If not, then you've got more problems.

The real issue with the iggles HC job lies in how the coach will work with the front office. The closest thing they have to a GM is Roseman, and he had a tendency to be difficult to work with.
>>
>>64689853
That's a shame, I want the 49ers to be good again, that franchise has charisma
>>
Indy
Giants
Dolphins
Eagles
Titans
Browns
49ers

I chose 49ers as the worst because you have to work with fucking Jed York
>>
Predictions of who will land where?

Indy: No fucking idea
Giants: McAdoo
Dolphins: Dan Campbell
Eagles: Nope.jpg
Titans: Ol' Chipper
Browns: literally any retard who applies for this job will get it.
49ers: Wisenhunt
>>
File: 1408645003325.png (152 KB, 438x420) Image search: [Google]
1408645003325.png
152 KB, 438x420
>>64689268
>Classy fans

I'll give you the first two but giants fans are hardly classy.
>>
File: 1434231073976.jpg (43 KB, 509x446) Image search: [Google]
1434231073976.jpg
43 KB, 509x446
>>64689236
Sure the offense is pretty lacking (Torrey Smith/Carlos Hyde being the only real building blocks), but the defense has plenty of young talent (Armstead, Brock, Lynch, Williams, to name a few). The ownership is the bulk of why no coach should ever want to come to SF.
>>
>>64689046
Clots
>>
Iggles have a bunch of misused talent and a patient owner, how are they not desirable?
>>
>>64689046
1. Giants - Second easiest division in football, accomplished QB, top 5 WR, just a few defensive players away from winning the division and winning at least 10 games.
2. Colts - Easiest division in football, competent QB who is still moldable, throw in a few skill players and you can win the division easy.
3. Titans - Easiest division, incredibly versatile QB, first pick of the draft, not hard to go from worst NFL team to division champions
4. Eagles - Easy division, interchangeable QB position, good running game, racist WRs,
5. Dolphins - Toughest division to win in the past 15 years, third-tier QB, stinking of mediocrity.
6. 49ers - QB disaster, hardest division, entire defense retired, but a lot of football legacy and their team isn't named after a color
7. Browns - Team is named after a color, no QB, little distinguishable talent, have to play in Cleveland, but no stress because hey you're expected to lose 14 games anyway.
>>
>>64689046
49ers and sean payton will be the next head coach, book it. he's a parcells guy (as is trent baalke) and his daughter goes to school at pepperdine.

if payton is indeed hired, i wouldn't be surprised at a harbaughesque turnaround next season
>>
>>64689445
>Maybe not the best place for a first time head coach.

49ers won't hire a first time head coach anyway....
>>
>>64691010
>harbaughesque turnaround
I wouldn't go quite that far. But get a real QB in there, and things could at least be interesting with the metrick fuckton of cap room >we have
>>
File: 1450916532082.jpg (168 KB, 799x1200) Image search: [Google]
1450916532082.jpg
168 KB, 799x1200
>>64689046
Browns would be my dream job if I was a big name meme college coach tbqh, you get to pick your own boss, and literally every analyst will give you the benefit of the doubt for at least 5 years, including the fans. And if you get a winning season in 2-3 then you're the Belicheat of Cleveland, with trashy leavland sluts lining up to give you free blowjobs for turning their shit city around singlehandedly

Fuck, I would take that job in a heartbeat
>>
File: Truth.png (509 KB, 983x553) Image search: [Google]
Truth.png
509 KB, 983x553
>>64691690
Tell the truth
>>
>>64691690
Analyst may give you 5 years but the owner is only going to give you 2 so good luck finding a new job after getting fired in 2 seasons.
>>
>1. Giants
>2. Titans
>3. Dolphins
>4. Colts
>5. Eagles
>6. 49ers
>7. Browns worst run team in the league
>>
Browns are the worst organization in American professional sports...possibly even in the world. I don't understand why anyone would want to work there in any capacity,from players to coaches to front office to the fucking janitor.
>>
>>64690251
I doubt the fish are going to stick with Campbell.

Note: To all the autists out there, I realize a dolphin is a mammal, so don't bother.
>>
>>64689570
>>64690284
You must not be from the Northeast. Giants fans are easily the most tolerable and humble out of Jets, Patriots, and Eagles fans. You even have Dallas and Packer faggots sprinkled in.
>>
>>64692048
If you can eek out a better record than Pettine I'm sure Haslam will keep you
>>
>>64689247
Delanie Walker, probably the best of the second-tier TEs in the league.
>>
File: 1329960258404.jpg (35 KB, 298x292) Image search: [Google]
1329960258404.jpg
35 KB, 298x292
>>64692249
>Giants fans are easily the most tolerable and humble out of Jets, Patriots, and Eagles fans.

That's not saying much.
>>
>>64689046
Gnats, desu.
Giggles have no spine, Titans are DOA, Browns, San Fran and Indy all have cancerous front offices and the fish are just an embarrassment
>>
>>64691690
The Browns organization is where careers go to die.
>>
File: George_R_R_Martin.jpg (155 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
George_R_R_Martin.jpg
155 KB, 1500x1000
>>64692249
The Gnats fanbase is literally the same group of mouthbreathers as the idiots who root for the Jests. They get to pick and choose which team they support based on who did better the past season.
>>
File: memeiota quote.jpg (3 MB, 3794x3002) Image search: [Google]
memeiota quote.jpg
3 MB, 3794x3002
>young franchise quarterback you can mold how you want
>top 10 defense with potential (barring the 2ndary)
>decent front 7
>potential for an exciting offense with Walker, Wright, and maybe DGB
>fix the Oline and 2ndary we win the division
>expectations extremely low
>lots of cap room
>>
>>64689046
1.Titans
-complete sweep yet not so complete where is it desperation , all the pieces are or are soon to be there in the draft
-given 3 years they can become contenders if the new coaching system is good for the players
2.Giants
-young star players
-missing key components but salvageable in FA and draft
-contenders in 4 years
3.Dolphins
-a lot of star players like holy shit
-horrible coaching staff
-cap is not a issue until 2018
-enough players to be contenders for 3 years at least
4.Colts
-old as fuck players , obviously losing touch
-Luck might leave this FA
-if luck stays will have the horrible trouble of being in the middle of a rebuilding
5.Eagles
-overpaid players
-years of contract restructure to even get on pace to being good
6.Browns
-the most incompent ownership in the NFL
-is hiring lawyers to hire a lawyer firm to hire NFL staff members
-star players are literally cursed on this team
7.49ers
-horrible owner
-no young star players
-soon the king of incompetent management
-soon the king of dumpster fires
>>
>>64689363
In a few years we'll see a Luck appearance at an owl given better managment
>>
>>64691690
You'd also have to live in Cleveland
>>
>>64692161
>Browns are the worst organization in American professional sports..

Not saying you're wrong, but while they suck dick on the field the franchise's value for Jimmy Haslam has increased 50% in 3 years.
>>
>>64689268
>Giants fans
>classy
Pick one.
>>
>>64696485
But that's like saying the Cowboys are a good model. They are one of the most valuable sports franchises in the world. But they haven't won anything in 20 years. Being valuable and being a quality football team are not the same thing.
>>
Anyone who says the Giants are a great stop is forgetting that the GM from the last regime is still there. Jerry Reese has whiffed on three straight drafts and there's no sign it's going to get any better. All his players are either shit or they can't stay healthy, with the single solitary exception of OBJ.

The best job is easily the Titans job, because you have a chance of a new GM coming in who knows what he's doing. A coach's job is always better when you have a GM who isn't shit. Plus the Titans have their franchise QB, the #1 overall pick, and good players on defense.
>>
Dolphins won't stick with Campbell. It's looking like they're either gonna get shannahan or try for gase
>>
>>64689046
Why are the colts on this list? You didn't buy into the e$pn clickbait drama did you?
>>
>>64692652
you're not from the Northeast are you
>>
>>64689046
a blowjob from your mum m8
>>
>>64690729
Browns are not named after a color. They are shit though, I'll give you that.
>>
>>64692249
All I've ever heard gints fans do is bitch about iggles fans
>>
>>64696875
Not OP, but it did look like they wouldn't bring him back and they shouldn't have.
>>
>>64692249
I am this guy: >>64689570
I am from Connecticut. Giants fans, while not as bad as Pats fans, are much worse than Jets fans and the Eagle fans here are quiet. Jets fans are a bunch of self hating masochists. The Giants are all "hurr durr can't spell elite without ELI!" and "we r the best cuz we beat le patriots in le superb owl twice" and are nearly as bad as the Pats.
>>
>>64692206
Considering the guy's never even been a coordinator much less a head coach and he lead his team to a 6-7 record as a lame duck, he seems like he has some potential. If he finds good staff (coordinators basically since he's never been in that part of the game plan) I could see him being a good head coach. He's a motivator and relates to the players.
>>
Teryl Austin please don't leave the Lions for one of these shit teams
>>
>>64699427
>believing a team that was one game away from the superbowl last year and didn't have a losing season with a 5th string qb would fire their coach
>>
Decent:
Eagles, Giants, and Titans.
Kinda shit management but there are some good players:
Dolphins
Kill yourself tier:
Niners, Browns.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.