[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix this team?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9
File: B2DdEziCQAEqPaj.jpg-large.jpg (15 KB, 424x419) Image search: [Google]
B2DdEziCQAEqPaj.jpg-large.jpg
15 KB, 424x419
How do we fix this team?
>>
With a good draft we can go 10-6 next year.
>>
>>64683376
You dont
>>
Get rid of Rahm
>>
>>64683507
This. Rahm has the NFL and the beloved Bears as an afterthought in this city. We need a mayor who'll remember and respect how storied a franchise this team is and will help it back on its feet as opposed to being a laughingstock of the NFL. As it stands, the Bears are an embarassment to the entire city and certainly reflects on Rahm's massive incompetence at running this city.
>>
Bears are so bad, there were protesters outside of Soldier Field most likely protesting how bad the Bears are.
>>
>>64683376
Let's be honest here. We were only projected to get 4 wins this year so 6-10 is better than expected. We conceded the year for draft picks. 1-2 years down the road we should be alot better
>>
Poison the Mccaskey family
>>
>>64683602
>1-7 record at home

I'd protest too.
>>
relocate the team to a football city
>>
>>64683860
Chicago is THE football city. Even with the Blackhawks being by and far the most successful team right now, no matter how many Stanley Cups they win, Chicago will still be considered a Bears town.

Which you got to admit is a little sad when you have a modern "dynasty" team being shoved to the wayside for a 6-10 "team". But that's just how much we love our Bears.
>>
Don't let Gase leave. Don't let Forte leave. Definitely do not lose Jeffrey. Draft defense defense defense. Need linesmen, need secondary. Cannot just let other teams run on you at will or throw to wide open receivers half the time.
>>
>>64683909
>Chicago is THE football city.
>implying any pro city could be
Boston (because of Harvard) has a far better argument than Too-Shy-To-Ask-Her-Out-So-Imma-Just-Facebook-Stalk-HerTown could ever dream of, as do at least a dozen other college towns to include fucking Pasadena California.

Hell, even in the NFL, Green Bay has a better argument than you idiots.
>>
File: fuckthosewisconsinfatasses.png (120 KB, 495x220) Image search: [Google]
fuckthosewisconsinfatasses.png
120 KB, 495x220
hey guys mind if I hang this here?
>>
>>64684401
Only if you let us know your secrets of how you went from basement dweller to division crown because we're now in the same position you were.
>>
File: papa bear.jpg (8 KB, 262x193) Image search: [Google]
papa bear.jpg
8 KB, 262x193
>>64684344
>Halas created the League single-handedly
>Halas ended up bailing out the Packers because he saw the importance of a rivalry
>Halas made it easier for startup teams to begin to form

Dude, if it weren't for Halas the NFL wouldn't be a thing
>>
Smother Jay Cutler with a pillow in his sleep

Every fucking year he has a receiving corps that mostly QBs would trade a testicle for and he shits the bed. Then you retarded sausage brains make a million excuses for why it's not his fault
>>
>>64684507
>Dude, if it weren't for Halas the NFL wouldn't be a thing
You say that like I care.
>>
>>64684729
>then you retarded sausage brains make a million excuses for why it's not his fault
What universe are you living in?
>>
>>64684767
That's some heavy goalpost moving you're attempting, friend.
>>
>>64684729
Cutler actually wasn't the problem this year. It was a lack of talent on the defensive front and literally no one to throw the ball to that was our undoing.
>>
File: 1443035899323.jpg (85 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1443035899323.jpg
85 KB, 409x409
>>64684767
>Argues that Chicago isn't THE Football city
>List out reasons why it is
>HURRR, LIKE I CARE
>>
>>64684767
lol this faggot
>>
>>64684729
There's a list of at least 10 players to assassinate before Cutler.
>>
Put together a secondary.
>>
>>64685073
Not in the slightest. When you say football, you apparently mean "NFL". When I say football, I mean football.
Nope. It's a matter of I don't care what influence they have over the NFL. When speaking of football history, the NFL will never be able to hold a candle to that of college football. Fuck, there are a few dozen rivalries in college that predate professional football even existing.
>>
>>64683546
>>64683507
#BearLivesMatter
>>
>>64686239
>Nope. It's a matter of I don't care what influence they have over the NFL. When speaking of football history, the NFL will never be able to hold a candle to that of college football. Fuck, there are a few dozen rivalries in college that predate professional football even existing.
is for
>>64685227

and
>inb4 someone stupidly tries to claim that without the NFL college wouldn't have football
>>
>>64686270
Apparently Lou Canelis, the fox chicago sports reporter, pissed off some people by saying he was also protesting with the protesters but he was protesting against the bears showing he didn't care about mcdonald.

Kek
>>
>>64686286
>>inb4 someone stupidly tries to claim that without the NFL college wouldn't have football
I wonder how many students would want to play for free when there was no chance of getting millions afterwards?
>>
File: Protest010316.jpg (290 KB, 999x805) Image search: [Google]
Protest010316.jpg
290 KB, 999x805
>>64686270
Someone shoop this image.
>>
Complete roster sweep

Including cutlet
>>
File: 1383618786155.png (387 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
1383618786155.png
387 KB, 449x401
>>64686400
>Not keeping Long
>>
tbqh, don't fix it

chicago is a shit city anyway
>>
>>64687384
This butthurt over a 6-10 team
>>
>>64686400
They already did that last year. They even jettisoned Marshall.
>>
>>64687384
Puckersfag detected
>>
You don't fix this team while Cutler is employable.

I live in this city so I'm not a fucking meme fan like half you nerds. The deal is that everyone in this stupid fucking city started the season hating Cutler. Everyone hated him and wondered why no moves were made in the off-season. Then after his concussion, the guy comes back and plays like a decent fucking quarterback and all of a sudden people like him again and start talking trash on people who still hated him.

This is the most retarded city for sports and all of the fucking morons here have short-term memory. Now everyone remembers why they didn't like Cutler and will spend all off-season talking shit, but then he'll throw a touchdown and no interceptions in a preseason game and everyone will be on his nuts again.
>>
>>64690657
Its literally Fox and Pace's decision to keep Cutler.
>>
>>64690657

Oh really? What area code?
>>
>>64690836
>>
If they give Cutller more weapons he'll be fine. They just need a Djax type deep threat and another possession receiver like Pierre Garcon
>>
>>64684424
hire mike zimmer and rick spielman
>>
>>64690855
312 here, you're practically miles away from the city for all I care.
>>
>>64690881
He had that with Brandon Marshall. See how that turned out?

Also while offense with Cutler is an issue, the bigger issue is the defense and the lack of turnovers, big yardage given up constantly, and of course, probably the worst secondary in the league.
>>
I am so fucking over the Bears. If the Sox or Bulls bothered to get their shit together I could completely ignore that dumpster fire.

Just like the Cubs they get carte blanche to lose indefinitely because a few local memes from the 80's have weaseled their way into Chicago culture. Couple SNL skits and a team for the ages, then people around the country start paying attention to Chicago and it's full meme ahead. This fucking town and it's obsession with gaining national noteriety even if it's bad (murdering, the Cubs, the corruption), it's so pathetic.

I know most of the insecurity comes from Naperville Central grads living in in the bougie box, they're all over this thread, but it still gets annoying. Who the fuck cares about area codes in Chicago? Go back to Gurnee or Wheaton you fucking losers.
>>
File: uhh.jpg (23 KB, 250x418) Image search: [Google]
uhh.jpg
23 KB, 250x418
>>64690953
>I live closer to the city so i'm a better fan

quite possibly the most retarded logic i've ever heard in my life
>>
>>64690953
Oh fuck off I'm about as close to the city as you can get without dealing with the spooks
>>
>>64683376
Start building up a strong defense, Chicago has always been known for having a dominant one and we haven't had that in a while (i.e. get more aggression up front and better coverage as well as work with our lb core). Cutler honestly isn't bad even though everyone shits on him for his contract and the way he plays at times but honestly ask yourselves if you've watched the bears for a long time or know anything about the history you would know we never have ever had a really ELITE qb before (except my McMahon waifu) we've always relied on our receivers or running backs or defense to carry us. So keep Cutler but build his confidence and for the love of god keep our receivers healthy and our running back as well and we should start winning more. Oh and fix our fucking offensive line and move Long back to his original position so he's not having to learn a new fucking position every god damned season.

We actually did a lot better than anyone thought, sure we had rough spots but who doesn't when you're rebuilding a team.

ITT Don't lose Forte, or Jeffery, keep our receiver core healthy. Get a strong and aggressive defense. Start patching up our O-Line and keep Cutler confident and we should be play off bound in 1-3 years
>>
Oh and I forgot to mention here >>64691338

All of you are fucking retarded like literal autism and you make me appreciate queens fans more right now.

>hurr muh area code
>hurr cutlet meme
>hurr chicago bears are a dumpster fire

Fairweather whiny fucking fans all of you

>8/10 fully triggered.
>>
>>64691338
I like this approach but do you really think we can keep Forte?

Also the year the OL got fixed, Cutler just ended up having more time to throw more ints. But that could be in trestfuck and his ocoord whose name I already repressed's fault.
>>
>>64691404
The team is in the dumps now as the cellar dweller laughingstock of the NFC North and NFL and have been for a while now. The playoff drought is now at 5 years and of course the championship drought is at 30. People are going to be understandbly snippy.
>>
>>64691404
Bro you just wrote like an essay on something you'll never have any effect on and you're calling other people autistic?
>>
>>64691455
Chicago sports teams sometimes actually listen to their fans. That's why Trestman and Emery were fired so quickly and brutally last year.
>>
>>64691508
Tell that to Garza, Olsen and next year forte

And the person that decided to give boozer all that money
>>
This seems like a good thread to discuss this

It's the Monday after the holiday/new year break. Everyones back in normal action now. What's the meatballiest thing you've heard or seen so far.

A coworker ranted on about us missing the playoffs again and its all John Fox's fault with his false promises and false hype. I visibly facepalmed in front of him.
>>
>>64691552
Everyone bitching about what manziel does in his personal life
>>
>>64691418
He's said in multiple pressers that he wants to stay with the team through his career we drafted him and he's been with us for 8 years. He's said he wants to finish out with us, so you can only hope he doesn't change his mind or make it about the money. I also think that has more to do with trestman than anything tbqhwyf and that was honestly a worse time than now.

>>64691453
Meh sure we've been playing like shit lately but we've always managed to be a play off contender in the past and after what the past 5 years or so of pure mediocrity I think we can deal with a few years of rebuilding. Hell it's not like haven't gone to the owl in the 15 years...

>>64691455
>literally comparing where you live to other people on a Malaysian cheese pizza board
>were both autistic m8
>>
>>64691552
Fox's shitty conservative play calling did cost a few games but without him we wouldn't have won even 3.
>>
I keep believing that cutlel isn't the problem, the problem is, aside from fuller and kyle long no one on the team is really playing to win. Cutler has been bribed with a shit ton of money and it still hasn't increased his confidence. >we probably would be better off if he stayed in Denver and >we somehow got tebow but we all know that would never happen.
There's an argument for forte and jefferey and Bennett but the rest of the team needs to be swept aside and rebuilt completely.

No I'm not mad, I'm a little disappointed Chicago didn't just tank this season to develop their rookies to get some draft picks and develop a team but there's a reason I'm not and never will be the gm
>>
>>64691597
You're the one who started it by saying you live "in" the city unlike "meme" fans.
>>
>>64691726
I wasn't that anon, anon. You have the wrong (You) right now.
>>
>>64691703
You can see it in their eyes and effort, they're playing to win. They just suck. No matter how you want to win and will to win, if you suck, you suck. And players like miller, Mariani, Prosinski, Bellamy carrey scruggs, McPhee and god knows what other literally who's on this team. They've shown they have heart but that can only take you so far when you don't belong on a project NFL roster ever and are only doing so now because of a rebuild or massive injuries which the bears are going through both
>>
>>64686385
>>
>>64691776

Yeah, last year the bears had no will to win because fuck trestman, this year they did thanks to Fox, but still had no talent
>>
>>64684729
>Alshon Jeffery (who this year proved he was just a BMarsh getting double teamed babby)
>???
Truly the elitest of WR corps
>>
>>64694663
Brady would win 7 rings in a row with such enviable receivers.
>>
>>64691703
>Bennett

Did he stop being a faggot?
>>
>shitcago bearce
They can't be fixed
>>
>>64693984
We have talent but we still need a few play makers and we have all these young rookies who are still literal who's right now. Pace was talking about he's wanting to develop them and not just amass a team of FA's. From the looks of it him and Fox are wanting to create a winning team in the long term and build a dynasty. Not to mention the fact we have a nice fat salary cap we can work with to pick up a few play makers and we have a lot of draft picks this year.

In all honesty I'm feeling pretty good about the direction the bears are headed, it's just the fact everyone is going to have to deal with disappointing games for just a little bit longer.
>>
Laugh at the bears lol
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.