[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you /sp/ooners think about FXFL? Can it be something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Bv2Jf5uIYAAMK_K.jpg (57 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Bv2Jf5uIYAAMK_K.jpg
57 KB, 600x600
Or is it just a joke?
>>
A true minor league doesn't really exist for American Football. So it could be cool if it works out.
>>
FX keeps on adding spinoff channels when nobody watches the main one, crazy.
>>
I hope someone does succeed in creating a developmental league.

There are way too many athletes in college that don't belong in a classroom.....and now we have guys like Leonard Fournette who are ready right now to be in the NFL, but have no choice but to return and put their future livelihoods on the line for another season.
>>
>>64647339
That's not what this league is for
>>
File: 7636&.png (112 KB, 424x318) Image search: [Google]
7636&.png
112 KB, 424x318
Why can't I find anything about this league? Their main site is just pictures and blurbs. No wiki. No rule set. What the fuck is this?

Or is it just This?
<-------------------------------
>>
>>64647339
Pretty sure the first thing a league like this does NOT want to do is have acceptance rules that differ from the NFL. No way they want to bite that hand. The best route is to form a partnership.
>>
>>64647339
Absolutely.

Guys like Leonard Fournette, Myles Garrett, Cam Robinson who have NFL bodies now could have an opportunity to play against NFL size and speed and receive higher level coaching that more closely relates to the NFL.
>>
>>64647378
>>64647339
You guys are nuts if you think the level of coaching and play would be higher in a 2nd rate outcast league.
>>
>>64647351
literally the first thing on the website FXFL is a developmental league

>its not a developmental league
k
>>
Maybe if they didn't keep losing teams left and right, or managed to operate in a state other than New York for a full season. Or managed to actually finish a season.

From what I understand the guy heading it up is dumping all his money into it with to no returns. And without the NFL support he so desperately wants and needs, there's no way they survive beyond the five year mark.

It's a shame, I think the idea is great, and I'd be all for it, but the NFL would need to put down their own cash and support for it to actually work, but to me at least, it doesn't look like that want to.
>>
>>64647398
Do you not realize that literally every sport has a D-league system where franchises have ownership of D-league teams? So that players can get signed sooner, make money sooner, and receive the training that the franchise they play for approves of?
>>
>something isn't broken
>try to fix it
NCAA + NFL is the way to go

>>64647357
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_Experimental_Football_League
>>
>>64647419
It's for players who got cut from NFL teams and couldn't make practice squads
They still need a place to learn how to play, hence the word develop
>>64647439
They tried something similar with NFL Europe, but other than Warner/Delhomme I can't think if anyone who was developed there
>>
>>64647455
That's not the purpose of the D-League
>>
>>64647455
And it really only works in baseball where they've had centuries to get it right. The nba d league IS improving and NBA coaches are more willing to send fringe guys down for experience, but having a guy fresh from a power conference school is still what is desired.
>>
What happened to the USFL "revival"
>>
>>64647538
It failed just like this will

Nobody wants to watch this crap and all it is is another desperate grab for money. The only way a minor league will work is with official NFL participation and sponsorships
>>
>>64647492
They're trying to build a minor league. Right now it's only for rejects because it isn't to its potential yet. If it grows to the level it needs to be at there is no reason to not do it.

Also look at situations like Tyrann Mattheu. He missed his last college season because he smoked weed. So he had to go to private trainers and coaches and got lucky that he didn't regress over that time period. This would have allowed him to continue to participate and grow.
>>
>>64647587
>They're trying to build a minor league.
Not as a replacement for college
The NFL already has a large scale youth setup in place they're not going to touch
But for players who get cut in training camp, where do they go?
>>
>>64647587
You have this fantasy of guys leaving school early to join a shit league for a quick cash grab, why would an NFL ta want someone with no loyalty like that?
>>
>>64647587
He missed out because he was a fucking idiot. If you can't put down weed for a few years to make a few million bucks, then you don't deserve the money.
>>64647339
dev leagues won't work in football. There's only a handful of positions that would benefit from them. Hell, look at how short running back careers are as is. And even positions you'd think would benefit from such a league like quarterback wouldn't really get much because they're not playing against the same or likely even similar levels of talent.
>>
I'd want the league to succeed just to give the NFL some competition because they've become a power hungry cancer with hundreds of flaws they refuse to fix because they know people will never drop the only pro football league in existence.
>>
>>64647277
>a true minor league doesn't exist

what is the ncaa then?
>>
>>64647931
A minor league for people older than 23
>>
>>64647931
An amateur development league
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.