[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting American Football
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 640x360
Hi guys i am a german guy that wants to start playing american football.
I am 186 cm (6"1) 103-105KG (230lbs)
I have some gym experience
Benching 225 for 5 reps
squatting 290 for 5 reps
deadlifting 400 for 3-5 reps
So can one of you tell me what would be a valid position for me, or could you me someo ther advices ?
I am 19 years old.
>>
>>64646578
Tight End
>>
>>64646578
Are you black?
>>
>>64646578
Let's start with this: what do you aim to achieve from this?
>>
>>64646625
No White, but partly dutch and partly croatian
>>
>>64646650
I am watching football every sunday, I really like the sport, i want to use what i am achieving in the gym. Still i am unexperiend in the sport, i looking for advises and tips which i could consider before i start playing.
>>
Work at being a lineback and a power back/full back. Basically those are the positions that take advantage of your size but not being 6'5" doesn't matter.

If the players are all on the smaller side playing defensive end could work as well.
>>
>>64646744
What are the diffrences between the linebacker or runningback/full back drills?
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 630x420
>>64646793
Both require plently of footwork. Both also require you to be very physical and ready to hit someone. Being a runningback/fullback of any kind requires you to be a good blocker and have good vision. Also you should be able to catch the ball to an extent.

Both positions are going to have fairly similar builds. It's going to be a good idea to practice catching for both LB and RB/FB. Learning to cover tight ends and running backs is a must for linebackers.

Pic is CJ Mosley an inside linebacker
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 620x930) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 620x930
>>64646894
This is Ezekiel Elliot, a very physical and large running back. See the similarities in their builds?
>>
>>64646894
Yeah.
Here is another question, are their diffrences between the impact on the game? As far as i know a good QB can change a game, is a RB/LB also able to change a game or carry his team?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCgd89k0IPIpuoKZkEeNhRWA

Sportstakeoff's "Play like a pro" videos have some good basic drills. They aren't professional level stuff so the title is misleading but they are good fundamental drills.
>>
>>64647023
A running back can absolutely carry a team. If a team has a good running back they can sometimes rely entirely on them. It depends on the style of offense a team runs.

Linebackers don't always have the carrying effect as defensive players don't always have the ability to do it all. It just doesn't really work. The team aspect is more necessary for defenses than offenses.
>>
Seeing as how you need absolutely no skill to play football, work out some more or something
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 250x243
>>64647160
>hasn't gone one on one down the field with a WR
>hasn't had to make perfect reads to collapse an option play
>hasn't had to read a qb and multiple receivers from a deep zone at the same time
>hasn't had to swim move
>hasn't had to jump a snap count

>no skill
Okay
>>
>>64647233
those are basic things. NFL is 99% about physicality, except the QB position. You need to be a big and strong fella. Don't get me wrong, I love the NFL and watch it every week for the last 3 years, but to say its an actual "skill" to learn a few routes is wrong.
>>
>>64647288
Lmao
>>
>>64647288
If you have never actually been in a helmet and pads on the field you literally have no position to talk about what is necessary to play football.

What it looks like and what it actually is are two completely different things.
>>
>>64647288
at a certain level, all sport becomes physicality. you're not going to be the best at a physical activity if you don't have the ideal physical build for it. however between two people with virtually identical physical characteristics, it's 100% skill. stop shitposting you dirty mexican wannabe
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.