[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: NBA players that need to sit the fuck down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3
this dude has been doing a really good job, but he needs to shutup about this being his team. A true leader doesn't talk, they help out in every way they can. And butler needs to help out by being a great defender/3 point shooter to open up lanes for drose. No, the offence can't run through you, you need to let the former MVP do that shit, let rose get his shit together and then work with him, because if jimmy's our best player we are NOT getting past cleveland
>>
Who would you rather leave the team? Butler or Rose?

That answers who's team it is and in the NBA there's only one alpha per team.
>>
a team needs a leader, and as it stands thats him
>>
>>64615300
>new zealand
>because if jimmy's our best player we are NOT getting past cleveland
They didn't get past lebron when rose was their best player
>>
>>64615300
Rose is fucking done m8. You will never see 2011 rose again, or 2012, hell you wont even see 2014 rose again. He is washed up. Butler is far and away the best player on the bulls. Get over it
also
>we
>our
>>
>>64615887
Maybe so, but Butler isn't rose, and never will reach his peak, he's a glorified roleplayer who needs to do his fucking job and not try to micromanage the team
>>
>>64617902
>glorified role player

Nah he's a star how can he not shine
>>
>>64617902
Who cares is Butler will never reach Rose's peak. He's still light years ahead of Rose now and is better than Rose will ever be in the future.
>>
>>64617940
how is he a star? what makes him special? he has great defence, solid offence, but is he really a superstar? do you honestly think he compares to westbrook/lebron/kawhi?
>>
Jamie Foxx lookin ass
>>
>>64617995
>21ppg
>5 reb/game
>2 steals/game

He might not fit your definition of superstar, but he's the best player on the team and is chosen to guard the toughest opponents in the league.
>>
>>64617995
Jordan needed pippen to start winning.

In this case, bbuckets needs a Jordan since rose is chronically ded
>>
>>64618093
>choking in the playoffs

Thats all that fucking matters, is getting the wins in crunch time

>>64618120

Yeah and fucking snell/mcdermott aren't filling that role for sure
>>
>>64618185
You'd hate Butler regardless of what he does so there's no point in talking to you
>>
>>64618185
You're blaming the engine when it's the driver that doesn't start the car.

It's not Jimmy buckets fault that this team has been consistently shit for a long time. I mean, why wait for rose all this time?, what's up with the other players... did you really expect something other than failure by having boozer on the team?.

You're blaming the only one who delivers of not delivering when it's the rest of the team that's not up to his level. Lrn2basket
>>
And don't get me started on Noah, motherfucking big ass white ape keeps shitting his pants every time a real game comes up.
>>
>>64618304
I understand if you think I do but I dont, I just think butler isn't a true superstar

>>64618376
Im with you there, Noah is also regressing, but he's still the emotional leader, and still doing well rebounding/defending
>>
>>64618596
Emotional leader?, he cried on court against the heat.

That's not something a professional athlete should do, much less a "leader" which he isn't. He isn't even young to justify it.
>>
>isn't a 'true superstar' because i have some fucked requirement for this / i don't like butler

wow, it's not just the shithole city of chicago that makes bulls fans such cunts
>>
>being a bulls fan
>thinking butler should step aside for rose
have fun with that.
>>
I don't think OP is a bulls fan desu
>>
>>64618995
He's probably just a faggot
>>
Jimmy is a number 2 or 3 guy being forced to be a number 1 guy. He's at Clay Thompson level, we still don't have a true number 1 guy.
>>
>>64620907
Don't worry friend, it is the era of Bobby Portis
>>
>>64620907
This

And despite OP's faggotry you cant blame Butler for Rose being a bust.
>>
Is Jimmy Butler the modern Michael Finley?
>>
>>64615300
The bulls will never win a championship with Bulter as their first option
>>
>>64627391
>dem 16s
>>
You're not getting past Cleveland with Butler downgraded to role player and Rose as your "best" player either.

>>64618596
And neither is Rose at this point. If Butler isn't a "true superstar" in your mind and Rose isn't even 60-70% MVP Rose the Bulls are fucked either way.

It's not Butler's fault he's being forced to shoulder a team with a declining Noah, Rose who was out two years, old Pau, inconsistent Mirotic, etc, etc. He shouldn't be faulted for trying to lead where no one else will.

I disagree with your assertion. If he's not a superstar, he's still a damn solid two way player in the mold of Kawaii who's at least a pretty good 1B or 2nd option and is their current best player. I'd take that over current Rose.

Any Bulls fan with half a brain would and should take Butler. Rose is cooked and expecting the offense to run through him and not Butler is a mistake.
>>
>>64615300
>A true leader doesn't talk
How are you a bulls fan without being familiar with his airness?
>>
look Butler is just a stupid faggot alright? He isnt good.
>>
>>64615300
MJ talked all day. It was his team, and if you werent sure he'd tell you.

Rose is over. He has no heart. No knees. No lift. He looks listless & lifeless on the court.

Noah is broken too, but he has the fire and plays with heart. Every. Single. Game.

Jimmy is the best player on the Bulce on both ends of the court.

No, the Bulce are not getting past the shantytown of Leaveland unless cavs injuries.

With or without Rose, they have no chance. Their chances are better without him. His numbers are garbage. His efficiency ratings are near the bottom of the league for a starter.

Its embarrassing. I wonder if he's too stupid to realize he should be ashamed of his play this year.
>>
>>64620907
>>64618596
Rose is the one making the superstar $21m/yr on the Bulce - but he's playing like a $1.5m/yr backup pg.

Once Rose's contract is ded, the Bulce will be able to offer a max deal to whomever they like - preferably someone who plays like they deserve $20m+ a year.
>>
>>64630913
This front office has a history of botching "big" signings. Boozer and Ben Wallace come to mind
>>
>>64631235
They shot their load and went for Lebron/Wade

Got neither and were left to scrape up Boozer.

Still might have been okay, but then exploding knees.
>>
>>64630786
>Their chances are better without him.
Nah. They go as far as he takes em

Dont be fooled by regular season numbers. He learned his lesson after his mvp year that the playoffs are where you brjng your a game

Butler might be better now, but Rose is still the best finisher and basketball mind on the team.
>>
>>64631417
Everyone else learned the last 3 years that Rose cannot turn his game on like a switch anymore.

He no longer has the ability needed to be a dominant player.

34% from the floor doesn't magically change simply because its the playoffs.

Rose can't take the Bulce anywhere but down.

>basketball mind
Rose is borderline retarded
>>
Rose is done. This team needs to trade their bench and Rose for a star or 2. Problem is that their bench makes too fucking much money. Neither Rose nor Noah deserve their current contracts and their most valuable trade piece, Mirotic, could really come back to bite them if he gets consistent.
>>
>>64631623
You cant trade Rose.

No one will pay $21m a year for him.

Seriously, suggest a realistic trade offer that includes Rose. I'll wait.
>>
>>64631680
Rose 4 Kobe str8 up
>>
>>64631235
>>64631311

Don't forget how embarassing their pursuit of Carmelo was too
>>
>>64631417
Rose doesn't know how to run an offense, what evidence do you have of his basketball mind?
>>
>>64617902

im with this anon, Butler reminds me of Turkoglu, he's a fringe star, but I don't think he makes the jump
>>
>>64636426
according to the stats:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/butleji01.html

Butler's most similiar career comparison is Paul George.
>>
>>64640621
you mean the paul george with the same defensive minded team at the top of the east that got buttblasted by lebron?
>>
>>64627391
finley could not play defense
>>
>>64627719
my nigga
>>
>>64641607
Not sure how you expect the Bulls to beat lebron, unless they hire lebron (or curry).

>Good luck with that.
>>
>>64631680
That's what I mean though. What they need to do in order win now is practically impossible. They probably should blow up the team except for Jimmy, Niko, and Taj. Acquire the rest through free agency and the draft. Is a long shot but the only shot. I'd hate to see Noah go but he needs a new contract.
>>
>>64644971
>except Jimmy, Niko and Taj

Mcbuckets is a marksman, and portis is a fucking psycho in a good way
>>
Let him talk, for it is HIS team.

The Bull will be entering a transition in the next couple of years. Butler being the best one of the few I'd keep.
>>
>>64644971
Taj is one of the first that needs to go. I can tell you have not watched more than 1 or 2 bulls games in 2 years.
>>
>>64615300
Drose is shit. It's Butlers team.
>>
>>64627391
Finley actually performed well in the post season though
>>
Guys guys, it's Tony Snell's team.
>>
>>64646220
I watch nearly every bulls game and I can tell you that if they want to play small ball, which Hoiberg likes, then they ought to keep him.

McDermott and Portis are decent enough too. They both might come good. At the moment though they need a star or 2 because the last 6 years have been Rose and the role players and we've seen what that gets you.
>>
>>64630481
Is this post a joke? How about next time you type some dumb shit without any reasons to back it up, you just pretend you posted it and continue to read the thread?
>>
File: cavs.jpg (436 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
cavs.jpg
436 KB, 1600x1000
>>64615300
>because if we are the Bulls we are NOT getting past cleveland
fixed that for you aussiebro
>>
Butler can get his shot off easier than Rose wtf are you talking about, and Butler can actually dunk.
>>
>>64648069
Taj offers nothing for small ball. He has regressed hard on defense
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.