[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok so if they win national title this year, does he become the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 12
File: Nick Saban.jpg (41 KB, 559x420) Image search: [Google]
Nick Saban.jpg
41 KB, 559x420
Ok so if they win national title this year, does he become the GOAT college coach, being the era he's coaching in with the competition in power 5 the last few years, or does he still need to win more? Not a bama fan just curious, b/c it is interesting to see it happen.
>>
>>64614375

>Alabama has had the 2 greatest coaches in college football history
>>
If Alabama wins the national championship, he will go back to the NFL and coach the Indianapolis Colts.
>>
>>64614375
GOAT list yes
the GOAT no because someone will come along and out GOAT him eventually
>>
He's already a legend, a god among lesser coaches, but yea if they win (again) there will be no doubt he is the GOAT college head coach.
>>
File: god_tier.jpg (8 KB, 231x200) Image search: [Google]
god_tier.jpg
8 KB, 231x200
>>64614498
If he wants too, he left Miami b/c he hated putting up with the FO bullshit and politics don't know if he'll leave the cozy job at Bama for Jim "them ain't my pills officer" Irsay.

>>64614600
I know, but I meant of this generation and past generations, not years from now.
>>
>>64614375
Doesn't have Meyer's win percentage. Not even best coach at his school.
Another decade and we'll talk.
>>
>>64614528
>eventually

>implying Urban Meyer isn't better now
>>
>>64616502
this.
>>
File: 1362882871232.jpg (34 KB, 480x358) Image search: [Google]
1362882871232.jpg
34 KB, 480x358
>mfw someone near me unironically said Irving Meyers was a better coach than Saban

He's a good coach with a good winning percentage. Great recruiter. But it's a known fact he sells out and jeopardizes the future to win now. Look at what he did to Florida. He left them completely fucked and on the verge of huge sanctions. Why else would he bail out with no warning and no new job?

He's going to do the same to OSU, wait and see. The NCAA would crush him if they hadn't been completed neutered in the last decade. Either way he will leave them in the next 2-3 years and he will leave a mess. Then he'll probably go somewhere else and win again and repeat the process.

Saban on the other hand has built a sustainable program. He has run it cleanly, or at least done a good job of keeping control and not being reckless about it. When he leaves Bama there will be a smooth transition as long as they don't fuck up and hire a moron.

>tl;dr Meyer is a great coach, knows how to win but sucks at building programs and sustaining success. Saban has built a dynasty that Meyer could never approach.
>>
>>64624190
OSU is his dream job. He's going nowhere from here on out.
>>
>>64624190
>He has run it cleanly
You don't honestly believe that do you?
>>
>>64624190
So Urban Meyer's basically the Calipari of college football.
>>
>>64614375
Saban is top 5 of all time. I would argue that when the dust settles on their careers, Saban and Meyer will be #1 and #2 of all time, order being disputable. Right now though, Bear is still #1
>>
>>64624488
Urban left one job at a program in shambles and desu the problem is inherent to Florida schools. Look at Miami and FSU: both teams are also filled with trashy nigger criminals that don't give a shit and fucked up the team during their down periods. The problem is the type of player the state of Florida breeds. Hell, the best player in the state right now is arguably Dalvin Cook. Dalvin Cook once pulled out and discharged a live firearm at school in high school, and actually got caught strangling puppies in the rain. In terms of Florida program players, he's not even considered to be among the more thuggish or cancerous players. The entire state is fucked
>>
I think Urban Meyer is probably a better coach overall, but Saban does a better job of building programs.
>>
>>64624343
Did you not read the caveat I added to that statement?

>or at least done a good job of keeping control and not being reckless about it

I think, overall, yes, Saban has run a clean program, relatively speaking. Yes I believe they have bag men and all that shit. But no, I don't think Saban is especially dirty. He doesn't always go after the biggest thug POS like Urban. He's had no problem dismissing dudes that were out of line. Alabama has one of the highest graduation rates in the country.

Urban Meyer recruited Aaron Hernandez and quite possibly helped cover up murders to some degree. He will literally do anything to win. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing, necessarily.

Saban is more interested in building a sustainable program using The Process and one of the most important aspects of sustainability is staying relatively clean.
>>
>multiple players always have cars that would make pimp my ride jealous
>players post themselves holding large amounts of cash on social media repeatedly
>oversigns every single year with top talent
>cuts players who are hurt or not performing to standard, a la an NFL franchise
>NCAA is ran by former SEC commissioner, who always turns a blind eye
>the state of Nick Saban

Also, he lucked into the Texas MNC (Colt McCoy getting hurt), then in 2012 tOSU should have played ND in the title game if not for a jank bowl sanction, and he was gifted an unprecedented rematch against LSU when they didn't even win their division and conference and had already lost to LSU.

Saban is a fraud , a cheat, and lucky. Also, a manlet.
>>
>>64624894
How? Urban Meyer built Utah for sustained success well into the era after he left. Florida had some issues, but even that wasn't like the wreck Saban left at MSU. After Saban fucked up the program and squandered a lot of talent into a bunch of six win seasons, then bolted after his first remotely successful season, they had just two winning seasons until Dantonio took over. Furthermore, from 1995, when Saban took over, to 2007, when Dantonio fixed the mess he created, MSU had just three seasons with more than six wins. Saban didn't just leave a mess when he left, he was not a successful coach at MSU.

You cannot say Urban Meyer was a failure anywhere he went. He brought Florida and Utah their most successful runs in their history and brought OSU to an unbelievable stretch here. Saban was a forgotten and inconsequential coach next to Lloyd Carr, Cooper, and Joe Paterno.
>>
File: 1404224853490.jpg (12 KB, 364x336) Image search: [Google]
1404224853490.jpg
12 KB, 364x336
>>64625107
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Keep those tears coming faggot
>>
File: Saban_did_nothing_wrong.gif (996 KB, 334x357) Image search: [Google]
Saban_did_nothing_wrong.gif
996 KB, 334x357
>>64625107
>>
>>64614375
>>64614445
Chip Kelly is the GOAT
>>
>>64626564
>chip kelly
>spends his time in the NFL kicking black people off the roster and losing games
>gets told to go back to college
kek
>>
>tfw Meyer would have cucked Saban again if it wasn't for an MSU fluke win
>>
>>64624286
Notre Dame is his dream job m8, but currently it'd just be a lateral movement. He'll move there one day.
>>
File: 1388283825737.jpg (48 KB, 348x313) Image search: [Google]
1388283825737.jpg
48 KB, 348x313
>>64625107
>Also, he lucked into the Texas MNC (Colt McCoy getting hurt)
>actually thinking Clot McFag would have made any difference at all
>>
>>64626796
toppest of jejs to you, m8
>>
>>64626816
only a tea sip could be that delusional, don't give him the (you)
>>
>>64626617
this thread is about college
>>
>>64626943
found the gay and m hick
>>
>>64614498
No way in hell. If he wins the National Championship now he'll become the new Bear Bryant. He's already a king in Alabama; that will elevate him to godhood.
>>
>>64614498
I want this meme to stop. Saban already proved he can't hack it in the NFL, he's not going back.
>>
>>64625276
No tears after Urban BTFO that manlet faggot last year
>>
>>64627634
4 titles to 3

keep up cuck
>>
>>64614445
Bear was one of the greatest of all time but he never could beat Gen. Neyland oddly enough. I wonder how Neyland and the Bear would do in the modern era of football though. Very different.
>>
>>64627630
This

He left the NFL a broken man that nearly retired all together

The big leagues just ain't for him and anybody that says it was football politics that held him back is a fool

He had so many chances on improving the fins but professional players are not the same as college players.
>>
>>64627634
>can't get more than a touchdown ahead of MSU so last second hijinx can't happen
>now realizes that MSU is literally a junior Alabama team, right down to their own A Process
>Just got to see how much more Alabama Alabama is than MSU, the team aOSU couldn't get more than a touchdown away from
>still thinks they wouldn't have been utterly destroyed had they been on the field

And it would have been worse had it actually been the buckeyes. MSU got their shit thrashed because it's the closest Alabama could get to ripping the buckeyes a new one this year.

Be lucky you missed out and get to cry about "should have been us" -- otherwise the world would have seen just how bad you got your shit pushed in.
>>
File: 16732621-large.jpg (80 KB, 380x289) Image search: [Google]
16732621-large.jpg
80 KB, 380x289
>>64627770
These tears are beautiful
>>
>>64627819
Tears? Nah. Just trying to break your delusion.
aOSU won last year, pretty decidedly. They would have encountered an entirely different team with a different mindset this year though.

But yeah, you're right, the team that outscored the team you couldn't keep more than a touchdown away by almost 40 points oh yeah, y'all would have completely destroyed Alabama. I'm aware the transitive property doesn't really work, but for real, that much of a domination? Y'all wouldn't have had an answer and Urban would have been in the hospital again.
>>
>>64628030
>admits transitive logic is flawed
>uses transitive logic

So you guys edged Florida and Michigan blew them out. A Michigan we beat by 40.

It's just dumb to use that logic. Especially when you're talking about high stakes bowl games. That thinking literally never works in college football.

Dantonio did not have his team prepared and Cook looked completely overwhelmed. You guys looked impressive, no doubt, but MSU just had no business being there. It was a matchup of overachieving 3 stars vs motivated, disciplined yet pissed off 5 stars.
You know damn well, given a month to prepare, Urban would have OSU ready to play ball. No way a blowout either way. It would have been a helluva game.
>>
>>64614498

Read an article, forgot where, but it was pretty reputable, that said he plans to retire at Bama.
>>
>>64628247
>Urban would have OSU ready to play ball.
You haven't paid much attention to his Florida record, have you? This is right about time he starts losing control of the team.
>>
>>64628345
Only after Saban MSU's Alabama
>>
>>64628291
You can't really believe that about any Coach. Terry likes Tuscaloosa, but she'll move for the right job.

As far as the NFL thing goes, I think he'd seriously consider it if he were given at least some front office powers. I don't think he wants them all, just enough to be a threat to players who decide to not listen.
>>
File: 354324.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
354324.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>64627819
Denial aint just a river son. Enjoy the show in the 11th!
>>
>>64628485
It's your year this year. Grats.

We were literally 2010 Alabama this year.
Assuming you were a fan then. Way too many players thinking about the next level and a horrible loss in Tom Herman. We'll be back.
>>
>>64628370
Heh, believe that if you want to friend. Sooner, rather than later, he's going to be calling a press conference about how he needs to spend more time with his family, then the next week he'll be off in Conneticut on ESPN for a month or two before he takes another job. Meanwhile, the NCAA has taken a very, very close interest in tOSU.

It's like watching a battered wife defend her abuser. At the very least, know what's in store friend.
>>
>>64628582
Nicely memed, lad.
>>
>>64628536
What's this? An OSU fan blaming the NFL draft for not showing up to win a game?
How much shit should Bama fans give you right now for saying the same thing Saban said last year after losing?
>Excuses
>Better team won and moving forward
>>
>>64628686
Lel what?
I'm talking about the entire season. OSU looked flat all year and offensively plain broken. The new guy Beck never figured it out and proved to be a complete failure. Nebraska fans could see this happening the moment he was hired. Thankfully he will be gone soon.
>>
Ask the question after dabos tigers win next week
>>
>>64614375
He'd probably have to win 1 more. Bryant's teams played monster OOC's some years and still won multiple NCs
>>
File: 1450686867759.gif (4 MB, 640x333) Image search: [Google]
1450686867759.gif
4 MB, 640x333
>>64635052
>>
Chip Kelly is the college GOAT.
>>
>>64628437
Their son had a kid and decided to raise the family in Alabama. Mrs. Saban wants to stay near the grandkids. Nick will acquiesce and give her what she wants.
>>
I mean Nick should be in the GOAT conversation or at least top 5. Love him or hate him you can't argue with 4 titles with Bama and LSU.
>>
File: -641c68e878e81bb9.jpg (423 KB, 2048x1484) Image search: [Google]
-641c68e878e81bb9.jpg
423 KB, 2048x1484
enjoy it while it lasts
>>
>>64627630
Oh he can. Saban can win in the NFL as long as he gels with the GM. He has about a 5-7 year window to do it but I bet if Pete Carroll can do it, Saban can. His buddy Belichick is chasing five rings and Saban is working on his fifth. Maybe that's enough.
>>
>>64644965
This. Or gets GM powers himself.

The biggest problem he had in the NFL was he didn't have the authority to actually penalize/get rid of players.
>>
Not even the GOAT 'Bama coach.
>>
>amateur sports

hey look, he's king of the babby pool. impressive
>>
>>64614375
GOAT college cheater, Saban has broken more rules than any other coach in college football history in a sport notorious for cheating.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160103-184053.png (93 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160103-184053.png
93 KB, 1080x1920
>>64628247
>edged Florida
>this is what OSU fans actually believe
>>
>>anon forgets about Utah, probably in bed when the western games kick-off.
>>
File: 1343731982796.gif (2 MB, 177x150) Image search: [Google]
1343731982796.gif
2 MB, 177x150
>>64639655
Everybody down here knows that it's all about to blow up in that fake Christian's face sooner rather than later. The NCAA already set up shop in your backyard.

Between Tunsil, both Nkemdiches and Treadwell there are a lot of shenanigans going on in Oxford.

You mean to tell me you think Treadwell, a 5 star receiver from Chicago, who could have gone anywhere in the nation, chose Ole Miss without any sort of incentives?

Enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
>>64624190
He left Florida because he fucked a co-ed
>>
>>64657551
How much mad can one post contain?

Treadwell loves Ole Miss so much he's actually considering staying for his senior season.

>recruit well
>must be cheating

yawn
>>
>>64658071
>he thinks a coach fucking a coed is grounds for dismissal or resignation

Lane Kiffin has banged about 25 coeds since he's been in Tuscaloosa.

Urban left Florida because the NCAA was poking around and he saw Saban and Alabama on the rise. He figured it was the perfect time to bow out.
>>
>>64658308
>recruit well at Ole Miss for the first time ever, EVER
>definitely cheating

I don't give a fuck one way or the other. Sure, it sucks losing to OM twice in a row. I won't even lie. But I think we've done OK afterwards both times. It's funny to me that you guys have two of your best seasons ever, including beating Bama twice in a row and you still haven't achieved shit.

If you think Freeze is on the up and up you're fucking crazy.
>>
>>64658537
It'll be three in a row before you know it. Winning a Sugar Bowl is a pretty good accomplishment. Didn't shit the bed vs a team like Utah at least.

>If you think Freeze is on the up and up you're fucking crazy.

Your mad is getting in the way of you recognizing one of the hottest coaches in CFB.
>>
>>64658813
Either way, yall are fucked.

Hugh Freeze is a cheater about to get BTFO by the NCAA, or he's a great coach and he will leave OM soon and you can fall back into complete obscurity.

P. S. Alabama is about to win it's 16th championship. How mad do you really think I am about losing to OM?
>>
>>64624649
>Bosa and two other starters suspended for openers cus DUDE WEED LMAO
>starting QB gets a DUI
>starting rb operating without a license
>starting DT arrested for soliciting prostitutes
Uh huh...
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.