[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else excited about this? We have to help & make this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 9
File: image.png (339 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
339 KB, 600x600
Anyone else excited about this? We have to help & make this a success so there will be another one in 2020.

It's great for keeping North American sides sharp against world class comp
>>
It will be Mexico 2-1 Argentina in the final with Mexico playing better and Higuain subbed in at half missing 5 goal opportunities.
>>
Do south americans care about this "special edition" of the Copa America or do they consider it plastic?
>>
>>64611715

You still drunk on the coquito my Latin friend?
>>
>>64611854

They should , look at where it is? They get to touch USA Money (worth a lot) and pick up endorsements and a new audience
>>
>>64611715
Concacaf and Conmebol should be just one confederation.
That'll never happen because Mexico and the US wouldn't qualify, ever (well, depends on the qualifying format)

>>64611854
a little bit of both. We care about it because it's international football, and it's breddy good to watch. But it's a fake tournament and I'm not going to get sad when we get eliminated.
>>
This is the answer to the EUROS.

Now if only they made a champions league like this. North vs South American clubs.

Soccer is growing here, so is the competitive nature
>>
>>64611912

Shut the hell up , we can qualify. Our side is 4 stars in FIFA 16!
>>
>>64611897
Yeah, but in terms of football it's not like the original Copa America. It looks like a friendly summer tournament.

>>64611912
So if Argentina wins it, will people still say Messi haven't won any real trophy for his country?
>>
>>64611952
kek I remember when FIFA wanted the US to buy their game so they made Donovan a fucking machine
In FIFA 07, Donovan is literally the best player in the game
>>
>>64611952
>
>>
>>64611996
>So if Argentina wins it, will people still say Messi haven't won any real trophy for his country?
Yes
>>
>>64611996

As a USA fan , do U think I care? I'm my eyes it's boot camp for our team with cool venues and good silverware & Latin people I want to see like Barcelona & Madrid players.

This needs to be successful. We can compete with the Euros with this if it's 2 years in between world cups
>>
>>64611912

Can Suarez play yet
>>
>>64612105
Not yet, but he will play at the Centenario.
He comes back against Brazil in March.
>>
>>64612223

Americans about to eat this shit up. They get to taunt el vampire over bite
>>
Do you laads know if Messi, Nerman and the Rat King will play in this Micky the mice tournament?
>>
This is the first step to turn the whole americas in a big hug confederation. at least in international cups.
>>
>>64611912
this is so dumb.

Mexico has a better win to loss ration when compared to conmebol teams. Mexico would qualify the same as they have in concacaf, don't know about USA...
>>
>>64612792
yes they will
>>
>>64611649
Actually there will be another one in 2019.. 4 years late than the last one, 2015.

This one in USA 2016 is a special one to celebrate the centenary
>>
>>64612223
>He comes back against Brazil in March.

Little bit scare about this desu

I like him, but not against my teams lol
>>
File: 1441382912170.jpg (42 KB, 650x500) Image search: [Google]
1441382912170.jpg
42 KB, 650x500
not saying that we'll win copa america, but we will.
>>
>being excited a bout a cashgrab tournament where most south american teams will be sending their B-teams or U-23 teams

pathetic
>>
>>64614911
Actuaççy I don't think so... This will happen in the Olympics.

At least argie, we and uruguay will send our teams complete.
>>
>>64614911
The Olympics are for the u-23. Copa America doesn't have restrictions on who can play.

Obviously USA gonna win this shit
>>
>>64613991

This tournament I believe is a prototype for North vs South American international tournaments. Look at how much money the Euros make , this can work.

Countries like USA , Canada and Brazil has enough stadiums to support it too
>>
we have 0 (zero) chances
>>
>>64615688
I know they dont have restrictions, you dumbshit. You have to be naive not to realize this a cashgrab to exploit all the stupid chicanos and americans who've only been following the sport since the past world cup and make them pay ridiculous ticket prices for for a last minute organized tournament.

>>64615601
>will be sending their B-teams or U-23 teams
so they'll be sending your B-team, then. Argentina is trying to clean house at their own federation, the last thing going through their mind is if Messi is going to play this stupid tournament.
>>
>>64616167

Bruh , you have messi and what's his face from PSG
>>
>>64616266

Messi is playing , stop being such a bitch boy. This is great for Soccer in the USA
>>
>>64616271
zero chances mane, messi is the only good player in the team. Rest is shit, or old and shit
>>
>>64616431
>This is great for Soccer in the USA
Anyone who doesnt follow soccer closely (aka most people in this country) doesnt know what the fuck a "Copa America" is. This is good for Univision and the Mexican TV networks who lobbied hard to make this tournament happen.
>>
>>64616007
Yes, I think that Copa America should involve all America. South, Central and North. So will be like the Eurocup.

I know that most people from USA don't think America as a continent, but for me it is. And can be devided in South, Central and North, or just South and North.

So, Copa America should include all the countries in America. It was just south americaa plus Mexico because ther others like you didn't like it football before. Now it's growing, so maybe one day they will do this
>>
>>64616266
Messi, Neymar and Suarez will play this Copa America.
>>
>>64616465
Pls man you also have the goat Tevez!
>>
>>64612792
nerman wont, he will be at olympics.

im waiting for martino to confirm about messi so i can buy a goddamn ticket
>>
>>64616578
But you guys didn't know about the World Cup also, until the WC 1994 was in USA, since then football is growing in USA, and the last WC many of you watched
>>
is this really going to happen?
>>
>>64617077
Yes he will. Also Dunga will be the coach for both.
>>
>>64617107
Nah, the World Cup has been on TV here in the US since the 1970 WC. People at least had a an idea what a World Cup was when it was awarded to the US.
>>
>>64617077
He already confirmed that Messi won't be at the Olympics because of Copa America.
>>
Plastic as fuck.
>>
>>64617159
Yes, but it was the 1994 WC witch gained more attencion, and since then started to grow the number of people who watchs the WC in USA.
>>
File: trolls.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
trolls.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Who else going for the final on NJ?
>>
CONMEBOL nations won't even send their best players to this
Meme tournament for shekels, fitting host
>>
>>64617137
fucking hell he cant catch a break

>>64617169
ill be ready then. hope the fucking midget doesnt get injured
>>
>>64617229
>Gremio

worst club from the worst state
>>
>>64617159
>>64617216

And it was the first WC the you did well, you only lost againt brazil, and we were the winners
>>
>>64617229
dats old palmeiras?
why its so empty in the popular?
>>
>>64617243
>64617243
Yes, ususally the Olympics coach is not the same as the principal NT. Nut Dunga wants to win the gold medal in Brazil, so they give him the Olympics to be coach also...

Witch is a really bad thing...he is'nt training the sub 23 NT...
>>
>>64617229
sorry if wrong webm
>>
>>64617216
That helped, but its not going to have the same effect as the WC, most people here will be anticipating the Olympics than Copa America, especially since the US usually performs well in the Olympics and right now the US National team is dogshit.
>>
>>64617400
Is that gay fuck sticking a finger up the kid's ass? wtf
>>
>>64617320
gremio m8
>>
>>64617243
http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/futebol-internacional/futebol-argentino/noticia/2015/12/tata-martino-diz-que-messi-nao-deve-disputar-olimpiadas-no-rio-em-2016.html
>>
>>64617320
it is probably an state/sub 21 away match

It is Grêmio tho
>>
>>64617432
Yes, but this is the same here. Copa America is not the same as WC. It's not eveb bigger than the Libertadores Clubs Cup.

Also Olympics has many other sports, so more people like it.. even here we have people who don't like football.

And for USA you are always very good in the Olympics, so more people wants to watch it. And this year will be in Brazil, so people here are more excited too about the Olympics, but because of the others sports. For football Olympics are sub 23, so the Copa America will be nicer
>>
>>64617462
>>64617546
its gremio but the stands are green ?
>>
I am just glad we will have a nice cup to play, Copa america we were horrible with shit players, maybe we can have our best squad fit to play it.

>>64617628
Olympics is shit, no one cares about that.

people that care are like
>oh cool i like swimming so i will watch 5 dudes underwater throw water around until the HUI announces the winner because we can't see shit

it is so shit, i am waiting until we host Winter Olympics , that is the real deal
>>
>>64617689
But the winter Olympics aren't even real sports.
>>
>>64611649
No
It's going to be U-20 teams and the US is going to get BTFO again
>>
>>64617757
it is better than the shitfest the olympics is.

>oh glad china won again with their Robots that are trained since they are kids
>>
>>64617685
But it's not their Stadium
>>
>>64617685
Probably an away match or they couldn't play in their home stadium because it was going through construction or some shit like that
>>
>>64617797
>>oh glad china won again with their Robots that are trained since they are kids
kek that's true

>>64617760
It's not, read the thread
>>
>Celebrating the hundred year anniversary of a SOUTH AMERICAN competition in NORTH AMERICA

What the fuck? How cucked can a continent be?
>>
>>64617628
It's different here. The Olympics will take over and only the hardcore soccer fans will care about Copa America. No English language network has picked up the TV rights for this tournament, that shows how "excited" people are in this country.
>>
>>64618412
They are studying to include all the Americas on the nexts ones *except 2019.
>>
>>64618440
The Olympics are in August
This is in June

And there's 2 networks bidding for this tournament
>>
>>64618412
>Devoting yourself to a MIDDLE EASTERN religion in EUROPE

What the fuck? How cucked can a country be?
>>
The Americas should be one confederation anyway, like the AFC it could have separate minor tournaments for North/Caribbean/Central/South and then have one major tournament.

North American WC qualifying is ridiculous considering its basically always going to be USA, Mexico, then Costa Rica and Honduras.
>>
>>64618730

>live on the continent of NORTH AMERICA
>His head of state lives on an island off EUROPE

You're the cuck matey
>>
>>64618771
Agree

They should shut down Concacaf and Comebol and start a new one
>>
>>64611649
Not really but if everyone brings their A team I could start to get a little hype.
>>
>>64618771
>North American WC qualifying is ridiculous considering its basically always going to be USA, Mexico, then Costa Rica and Honduras.
But it's not
>>
>>64618835
The SA teams will be complete.

Messi, Neymar and Suarez already confirmed
>>
>>64618412
It's a neutral land m8. imagine all the butthut if one south american country in special got that event.
>>
>>64618837

It's basically always going to be USA and Mexico in 2 slots and then whichever central teams are in form unless Jamaica do well.

The amount of rounds and group stages some of the smaller teams go through is just stupid. Any tournament should never have more than one group stage. Should have a few more rounds of 2 leg knockouts.
>>
>>64619064
The US won't qualify this time
Andnthat second one is just idiotic
>>
>>64616956
I agree, tbs (to be sincere).

It's one thing including CONCACAF team in the Libertadores. I'm quite against that, because imagine what it would be like for a poor team from Bolivia, Uruguay or Peru to have to travel to Toronto for a match, and have to travel back for the league game 2 days later? Nah, fuck that. The distance between the northernmost and the southernmost clubs are just too big. Besides, american/canadian teams can't even win the CONCACAF Champions League, it's not like they even have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the Libertadores, defeating Bolivian/Peruvian clubs in high altitudes and defeating traditional brazilian/argentinian teams.

But between confederations and national teams that is absolutely not a problem. An unified Copa América would be great.

Just don't unify the WC Qualifying stages or the US and even Mexico might be left out of quite a few World Cups, knocked out by Paraguay/Equador/Colombia/Chile, etc.
>>
hola :)
>>
>>64619147
Yes you will, doesn't matter how bad you play because you're still one of the best teams in concacaf, I mean just look at how awful >we played in 2013 and still made it.
>>
>>64619914
>you're still one of the best teams in concacaf
Not with that Kraut in charge
Wouldn't shock me if we don't even make it out of this round
>>
>>64619947
stop overreacting, retard, even with klansmann in charge, concacaf sucks so bad its practically impossible to not make the WC. Mexico playing like shit in the past qualifiers proved that.
>>
I only watched last year, but if that was any indication then this shit would be rigged to hell and back for the home team in those third world shitholes down there. And that would be shit. >>64618412
>>
>>64619064
Don't forget the powerhouse that is Trinidad and Tobago
>>
>>64620104
Did you even watch the Gold Cup?
Even at home we should have lost every game but the Cuba one
We'll lose to Guatemala and then lose to Trinidad at home, keeping us out of the Hex
>>
>>64620632
and the US still made top 4 in the gold cup playing bad, making the top 4 all you need in the hex. Under your criteria, Jamaica, who made the Goild Cup final, had no business struggling against fucking Nicaragua a few months back. The US is still playing like shit and is the leader in their fucking group despite that. You're fucking delusional if you expect the US to not lock up their spot in the hex against Guatemala, who suck so bad and just lost their coach.
>>
>>64620755
>The US is still playing like shit and is the leader in their fucking group despite that
Only because they played St. Vincent
They played like they didn't deserve to on the same field as Trinidad
They'll lose to Guatemala and Trinidad
Maybe even draw to St. Vincent
They're not getting out
>>
>>64619688
te pico la cola
>>
>>64620908
Nice how you ignored that the US still made the top 4 playing like shit, The US is going to qualify to the hex and WC. And just to clarify, I dont like Klinsmann, but you have pretty naive to think the US cant qualify in CONCACAF when there's 3.5 spots available.
>>
>>64620991
The US was lucky, but also at home
Not anymore
>>
Current american champion here. Now kids, put down your toys and listen.

From my understanding this is just a Micey Mouse cup, specially considering our priority will be put on qualifing for Russia.

I do think it will be interesting, but I dont believe it will be too competitive. From what I've heard we wont be bronging or A squad so you shouldnt be worried about us mopping the floor with you.
>>
>>64621039
lucky means playing in CONCACAF
>>
File: 2V7J4.jpg (31 KB, 374x280) Image search: [Google]
2V7J4.jpg
31 KB, 374x280
>messi doesnt win real copa america
>wins this

does it count?
>>
>>64621077
>From my understanding this is just a Micey Mouse cup, specially considering our priority will be put on qualifing for Russia.
tell that to Joao who thinks most south american teams are going to take this plastic tournament seriously
>>
>>64621077
Your U-15 team could rape our senior team
>>64621086
Not anymore
>>
>>64621094
>implying Messi will even be there
I don't buy that "Get Messi a trophy" bullshit
>>
ISIS is probably gonna bomb away our EUROs so we will end up watching your little thing then

South America is too irrelevant for ISIS to attack there, don't worry
>>
>>64621267
its gonna be in burgerland m7
>>
>>64611649
>It's great for keeping North American sides sharp against world class comp
But you'll be playing against CONMEBOL teams.
>>
>>64621305
Oh....

Well, fuck, no international football this summer then other than that irrelevant meme olympic tournament
>>
>>64618730
>a MIDDLE EASTERN religion in EUROPE

Christianity? Judaism...? I need some help here
>>
>>64621373
Kek
>>
when do tickets go on sale?
>>
ITT: chicanos
>>
>>64618412
It's all about $$$
We already have the infrastructure in place, and since there are tons of spics from every single Latin American country here most games will be sell outs. If the tournament was held in Argentina, nobody would attend an Honduras vs. Ecuador game. If you play that same game in Florida, you're guaranteed an attendance of at least 70% of a stadium's capacity.
>>
Who the fuck cares when the Euros are coming up
>>
>>64621662
>that flag
>Euros
>>
>>64621662
South American talent > yuro talent
>>
>>64621734
They won't be there m8
>>
>>64618412
Yet all the Amerifats and HUE's defend it, yet if the Euros were ever held in the UAE we'd be rightly ridiculed.

South America deserves a lot of criticism for this, and it probably won't get it. Though that may be because no one cares now that Europe dominate the World Cup.
>>
>>64621771

For the last fucking time , they will be there
>>
>>64621885
[citation needed]
>>
File: image.jpg (315 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
315 KB, 640x908
Bruh , this is great for soccer in the United States! Now USMNT will always be inform!

We need this tournament running , we really do, the gold cup isn't hard enough
>>
>>64611854
I'll pretend not to care until we get to the finals against a shit team like Guatemala and lose playing stupidly because cebollitas. Then I'll be sad.
>>
>>64622178
>we
>>64626341
>cebollitas
Explicame este meme, papu
>>
>>64626341
This, can't wait to get to the finals and watch my NT choke
>>
>>64611649

>Getting shrekt by everyone in CONMEBOL

I'd rather see a baby cup.
>>
>>64627958
Most of us are just going to see players from Barca and Real, we don't care about the national team.
>>
>>64626393
>cebollitas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-7yW3y5XRc
>>
>>64628072

This desu, most US soccer fans are latinos and for us Barca and Real might as well be our national teams.
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.