[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get into cricket?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Pollock_to_Hussey.jpg (120 KB, 1280x555) Image search: [Google]
Pollock_to_Hussey.jpg
120 KB, 1280x555
How do I get into cricket?
>>
>>64608259
>>64608289

PLEASE TUNE IN TO WATCH THE BIG BASH LEAGUE MR BIG STRONG AMERICANS

YOU'LL LOVE IT, IT'S JUST LIKE BASEBALL I SWEAR

BTW PLEASE READ ABOUT DONALD BRADMAN HE WAS LITERALLY THE GREATEST ATHLETE EVER
>>
>>64608259
COME TO MELBOURNE MISTER BIG STRONG AMERIBRO, OUR CITY IS LITERALLY LE SPORTING CAPITAL OF LE WORLD!!1!

THE MCG IS THE GREATEST CRICKET VENUE.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUXw3Em6fU

watch this

then watch cricket
>>
come to the cricket game thread mr big muscular american
>>
>>64608259
Play don Bradman cricket 14, Mr big strong American.
>>
be indian
>>
>>64608259
please watch our sport my Big Strong American friend
>>
>>64608259
Is there anything worse than Australians who get so autistic whenever an American shows interest? They're clearly being sarcastic because they think it's pandering to answer any questions about their sport which is just a closed and stupid mentality. OP I got into the sport while living there, was a lot of fun to go to tests at the WACA ground, but it's extremely difficult to follow from the US to the point where I wouldn't really even recommend it. If you are interested enough, I'd recommend looking into the Willow TV channel.
>>
>>64609315
please watch our sport
>>
>>64609585
I already do though, I lived in Perth for 10 years
>>
>>64608259
you don't
>>
where you live OP? Look up for a cricket club, or a group of indians in your area. Buy a cricket bat, helmet and pads. Thats it really
>>
>>64609773
please watch our sport
>>
>>64610169
It's our sport lad
>>
>>64608259

Listen to Test Match Special
>>
>>64609594

>perth

stopped reading there.
>>
>>64608352

That's pretty good, although it only talks about 1 day cricket and doesn't explain test or t20 cricket.

Test cricket = 2 innings for each team with matches lasting up to 5 days. If a team is still batting when the 5 days are up, it's a draw (even if a team is hundreds of runs ahead and the other team is down to the last wicket)

T20 = 20 overs = 120 balls.

Also mentioning some of the more obscure ways of getting out just complicates thing (when they should be explaining LBW)
>>
>>64608259

Depends on which form you want to watch.

If you want to watch test matches, one of the big rivalries like The Ashes (England vs Australia) or India vs Pakistan are usually the best.

T20, world cup or indian super league.

1 day, World cup (just missed one) or a one day series (usually held after a test series)
>>
Start by getting cricket into you
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.