[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last year champions should only be eliminated of the playoffs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
Last year champions should only be eliminated of the playoffs if they lost 2 or more games tbqh senpaitachi
>>
>A 2 (TWO) loss Stanford team is ranked higher than the defending National Champions

Fuck college football
>>
>>64586994
Iowa fan, but this tbqh
>>
They played one less game. Doesn't that count for anything?
>>
>>64587046

Too bad OSU needed 12 weeks to get a quality win
>>
File: 1442969816394.png (512 KB, 686x726) Image search: [Google]
1442969816394.png
512 KB, 686x726
Is the playoffs committee a failed a experiment?
>>
File: 1451254782494.jpg (44 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1451254782494.jpg
44 KB, 250x250
>>64586994

why the fuck should anything you do in the previous year affect the current year
>>
>>64587187
This >>64587046 should never fucking happen.
>>
>>64587144
tOSU fan, I don't think so. Personally I think 4 teams in the playoff with 5 big conferences is a flawed system. If it were up to me, I'd have done it this way:
>Big 5 Conference Champs (B1G, SEC, ACC, XII, PAC)
>best non power-5 conference champ (Independents can qualify under this method if they're clearly better than all the group of 5 champs)
>Two at-large bids - best teams not already qualified.

8 teams seems like the best situation, but no more than that.
>>
File: this moment of joy and despair.jpg (110 KB, 1412x787) Image search: [Google]
this moment of joy and despair.jpg
110 KB, 1412x787
lose to MSU by a field goal on the final drive of the game at home.

rebound and beat Michigan soundly in Ann Arbor. who got fluked out of win against MSU.
>>
File: 432523432.gif (227 KB, 250x166) Image search: [Google]
432523432.gif
227 KB, 250x166
>>64586994
>hue hue hue
Shoulda coulda woulda bucko. Thanks for playing though...
>>
>>64587685
I don't know about the non-power 5 conference champ, I'd just go with the power 5 champs and three wild card teams selected by rank.
>>
>>64587685
>If it were up to me

good thing it isnt because thats the most retarded shit i have ever read
>>
>>64587144
Yes and no

The BCS meme system needed to go, but the "eye test committee" isn't much better

I expect by 2018 we'll hear talks of a 8 team playoff with more objective criteria (P5 champs, + whatever else). Also the Big 12 needs to fuck right off
>>
Alabama v. OSU would have been a much better game.

But you guys lost to shitty MSU so

#1 is playing #2

Seems like playoff shit entirely unnecessary
>>
>>64587808
Get fucked Cuckeye
>>
Yeah man. That Hawaii, Northern Illinois, Western Michigan, Indiana stretch was a real meat grinder. How did you guys make it out of there unscathed?

Get fucked you unemployable faggot
>>
>lose at home
>deserve shit
>>
>hurr why is stanford ranked ahead of us with two losses, a division championship, and a conference championship
>hurr why is iowa ranked ahead of us with a division championship. we should be the ones to go to teh Rose Bowl because we duh buckeyes
>>
>>64587144
>>64587685
>>64589546
>2018

sooner than that.

This year is already setting up the inevitable 8 team format. Last year - New Years Day sets cable rating all time records. This year - huge drop in viewers due to NYEve scheduling, leading to the obvious - "Well, here at ESPN we suffer nothing. What else would we have had in that time slot? If you schools want to boost ratings, there could have been 2 more playoff games on NYday."

This year was a thrown bone to the ACC and the Big 12, two perennially soft conferences included in a throw-away tv year to shut them up going forward.

Clemson will finally be shown up to be made of paper, and ND's fanbase, regardless of outcome, will lobby for the 8-team format they will argue would have benefited them this year. ND wins, they should have advanced. ND loses, they should have played their seeded opponent.

The talk is already here.
>>
>>64592297
>2 losses

Should automatically be below any 1 loss team from a major conference.
>>
>>64592799
>no division championship
>no conference championship
cry more cuckeye
>>
>>64586994

This OSU has a ton of top recruited talent and players about to start in the NFL. They only lost 1 game this year like all the other teams, are defending champs, and only lost to MSU because the OC went retarded and/or Elliott actually was messed up after he was in the hospital for 3 days that week. Yes, the starting RB for OSU was in the hospital for 3 days and everyone pretends like it didn't happen. The QB carousel definitely reduced style points this year but to act like teams like Oklahoma are better than OSU is too funny. If the goal was to actually have the 4 best teams Ohio State would have played yesterday. Oh well though.

I think the "style points" thing is the real problem with it. Ohio State benefited from it last year, that cannot be debated, but it hurt them this year. 4 teams just is not enough and really just doesn't make any sense. Better than the old system though.

There is no butthurt here either. I would just hope people realize that Ohio State is a much better team than MSU, Iowa, Stanford (2 losses lol), and as will be shown today, Notre Dame. The games would have been much more fun and more competitive if OSU was in there.
>>
why? last years season has no impact on this season outside of preseason rankings. if OSU wanted to make it in, they shouldn't have lost to MSU
>>
>>64592993

Oh, I think more importantly Ohio State being behind Iowa is just plain stupid. Putting all the good football teams in one division results in this kind of stuff. The committee loses all credibility for acting like Iowa and Stanford should be above OSU.

>cuckeye lolololol
>>
>>64593071
maybe win your division or conference if you want to be ranked higher
>>
File: 1389456673880.jpg (20 KB, 475x475) Image search: [Google]
1389456673880.jpg
20 KB, 475x475
>>64593071
>can't even win his division
>>
>>64593056

I agree. I am pointing out the flawed system. They keep saying the goal is to have the 4 best teams. We now know they really mean 4 conference champs. Do they want the best teams, the most deserving teams, or the teams that peak at the end of the year? I am fine with OSU not being in the playoff because they were lazy fucks all year. If OSU lost to VA tech near the end of last year they would not have gone as opposed to early in the year because they like dropping teams a lot after losses.

All the teams with 1 loss shouldn't have lost those games. See the flawed logic? I am just saying more teams should be in the playoff.
>>
File: DSC_0128.jpg (140 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0128.jpg
140 KB, 800x533
Ohio State should play Clemson so the Tigers can bench another QB.
>>
>>64593095
>>64593104

Thats completely fair. But we are about to start seeing 3 and 4 loss teams winning their conference championships in upsets. I am interested to see what they do.
>>
>>64593181
A 4 loss conference champ will never play in a 4 team playoff
>>
>>64593181
it's really easy to see what they'll do, put in the teams that are undefeated and one loss
>>
>>64593151
>I am just saying more teams should be in the playoff.
no, 4 is perfect, any more than that and we'll start seeing 2 loss teams in the playoff
>>
>>64593071

How about playing someone out of conference and then trying this stupid argument.

And don't fucking say Virginia Tech because just fucking no.
>>
>>64593298
>implying this exact scenario wouldn't have occurred THIS year if Alabama or Clemonson would've lost their last game
>>
>>64587144
WE NEED A 64-TEAM PLAYOFF

JANUARY MADNESS NOW
>>
>>64593618
it wouldnt, if you want more than a 4 team playoff go watch FCS or college basketball
>>
>>64593795
According to the committee, Stanford, a two loss team would've been in the playoff if Alabama or Clemson lost.

This is literally not debatable.
>>
>>64594588
Whine more faggot. You are the same person I bet who wanted Boise St in the championship game because they were "undefeated" a few years ago.
>>
>>64594588
they said that for publicity reasons, in reality if they both lost Stanford would not have gotten in
>>
>>64593151
>I agree. I am pointing out the flawed system. They keep saying the goal is to have the 4 best teams. We now know they really mean 4 conference champs. Do they want the best teams, the most deserving teams, or the teams that peak at the end of the year? I am fine with OSU not being in the playoff because they were lazy fucks all year. If OSU lost to VA tech near the end of last year they would not have gone as opposed to early in the year because they like dropping teams a lot after losses.

You're killing your own argument. It doesn't matter if they are practice super stars. They ain't doing it on the field when it matters so they're not the best teams. The best teams are the ones that do it on the field in games.
>>
>>64589546
It should be a ten team system honestly. Like how the NFL operates off 4 wild card rounds, 2 divisional rounds, and one conference championship round.
>>
>>64587113
Ok St fan here. I ain't got no inherent interest in either of these teams. You could say I'm sentimental about Nebraska 'cause they were in the Big 8 back in the day - I'll tell you that I didn't care for them back then either. This much is for sure: I've been watching college football since the 70's. Every Saturday I sit my ass down, crack open a 12 pack and watch some ball. And in all my years, all of my 40+ years of watching football, I don't think I've ever seen a team as meme as Iowa. Nothing comes close.
>>
>>64594826
>10 team
>and here we have 3 loss shit state taking on 3 loss university of who cares for the national championship
>>
>>64594826
Season cant be that long and the teams that win will just be the ones who had the best conditioning and resistance to injuries.
>>
>>64595051
>teams that win will just be the ones who had the best conditioning and resistance to injuries

Which is exactly how the NFL works
>>
>>64586994
Yeah right, and the tournament's host shouldn't give up more than six goals in a single game.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.