[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will it ever come back /sp/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (917 KB, 823x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
917 KB, 823x960
Will it ever come back /sp/?
>>
I really just miss NCAA Football.

So much better controls, createaplayer/coach much more game play focused and not boring as hell off the field
>>
The new Madden is good bruh
>>
>>64586261
EA shill pls g0
>>
>>64586149
TO TO TO TO TO
>>
>>64586261
How so?

For example look at how in-depth 2k's franchise mode is and compare it to how shitty Maddens is.
>>
>>64586261
it might be the worst Madden ever made
>>
>>64586149
Not as long as EA holds the exclusive license, which could go on forever.
>>
2K basketball is shit now though
>>
>we were robbed of easily the best football video game FOREVER

h-hold me bros. i never thought the exclusive license would last a FUCKING DECADE
>>
>>64586531
It's a new year family
Maybe one day the monopoly will end and there will be competition in the football video games
And then we will be the beneficiary of the best football games possible in the free market
>>
Remember when they sold games for $20 and weren't forced to raise prices to 60 so EA could compete?
>>
>>64587938
Tfw they realized the work load and value of the game was so much lower than your average game they also made it $20
>>
>>64586193
I just make college teams in Madden now. It's kinda cool, but sad at the same time.
>>
>>64586149
Why the fuck did people like this game so much? Was it for the first person mode? That shit fucking sucked.
>>
File: 1451496117388.jpg (16 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1451496117388.jpg
16 KB, 225x225
>you will never play in game paper football im your crib
>>
It's the NFL. They refuse to let anyone else have the license.
>>
>EA gets slapped with a multi-million dollar lawsuit for violating anti-trust laws.
>Just pay it and continue to operate a monopoly
this country fucking sucks
>>
>>64588130
Gameplay wise, both 2k5 and all-pro football 2k8 there was no bullshit.

In Madden, the moment you approach the line of scrimmage your o-line inexplicably drops back and lets pass rushers through. Pass rushers controlled by the AI also have some sort of magnetic powers, so they get faster or you start slowing down. They've never fucking fixed this since idk how long. You can just go on youtube and look up videos.
>>
>>64586149
No. EA and the NFL destroyed simulation football.

If EA just stopped doing the yearly releases and make a entirely new game every 5 years with FREE roster updates and patches it would be much better
>>
>>64588322
Hell I would pay $5-$10 a year for a new roster.
>>
>not playing text based simulators
>>
>>64588354
What are some good ones?
>>
>>64588370
for football, front office football 7

a new installment of the series is coming out some time this year
>>
>>64586531
The franchise mode still needs a huge overhaul, but the gameplay is smooth and surprisingly tactical. There's still a lot of work to be done, but this is legitimately the best football game since APF2k8. Line play and DB play massively improved. They just need to fix special teams and Safety play and they'll have a really great game on their hands.
>>
>>64588336
You'd have to shell out more. If this would ever happen (which it won't) the roster updates would cost $25-$40 minimum.
>>
>>64588336
They're not worried about you. Soccer mom's are still going to be the new Madden for Johnny every year.
>>
Why did first-person sports gaming never catch on?
>>
>>64588742
It wasn't the first person it was the gameplay you fucking pleb.
>>
>>64588756
Just a question, you weirdo. I thought the in-helmet play was cool.
>>
I really wonder how much EA payed the NFL for exclusivity.
>>
>>64586193
>better controls
no you cant user catch for shit you have to hold one button and you cant really move away from the path he was already going. controls arent really responsive
>>
>>64586149

I can't believe it's been 11 years of this bullshit
>>
Probably not, and even if it did there's no guarantee it would be as good.

I just play the yearly releases of Tecmo Super Bowl that fans make if I want up-to-date rosters.
>>
The only problem I had with it was that screen passes and short passes in general sucked dick

guarantee if it were still alive today, it would be the GOAT sports franchise and nothing could compete. Fifa, Madden, even 2K's basketball game all BTFO
>>
File: mvp baseball.jpg (47 KB, 252x357) Image search: [Google]
mvp baseball.jpg
47 KB, 252x357
will it ever come back /sp/?
>>
EA needs to give football back to 2K Sports, and Sony needs to give MLB back to EA.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.