[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honest question, why do Europeans allow so much advertising in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Honest question, why do Europeans allow so much advertising in their sports leagues?

I thought we were bad until I started watching European hockey and realized they have advertising printed on
>their uniforms, jersey and pants
>the ice itself (doesnt even have real face off circles, they are adverts)
>the glass
>around the boards
compared to the NHL which just allows
>around the boards
>maybe a couple on the ice in areas that arent important.

Then you have soccer where you basically pay for a T shirt that say Fly Emirates or Chevy on it and call it a jersey. (why not just buy a chevy t-shirt...its cheaper?)

Its gaudy and awful, at times it actually distracts you from the game, and hinders uniform design. Why do Europeans accept this? I'd rather watch commercials and be able to buy nice looking jerseys desu. But the amount of advertising printed everywhere is excessive. I dont see how you could even justify supporting "your team" with a jersey purchase when the more prominent logo is some business company.
>>
k..... keep me posted
>>
>>64538531
well we know brits just lay down and accept any bullshit imposed on them, but do you ever question it?

do you buy jerseys like a good goy?
>>
>>64538576
hi /pol/
>>
>choice between ads on jerseys or commercial break every other minute
>pick commercial breaks
>be fat
>get shot
>>
>>64538625
>even the helmets have adverts on them
>still has commercial breaks
Gaudiest hockey game I've ever watched.

>choosing to be stuck walking around as a billboard for some company every time you buy team merchandise
>>
>>64538506
>NHL

Why didn't you compare it to a sport that America gives a shit about, friend?
>>
>hockey
>>
File: Crosby Olympics.jpg (71 KB, 768x671) Image search: [Google]
Crosby Olympics.jpg
71 KB, 768x671
>>64538506
SOme some Olympic hockey here in Vancouver - it was SOOOO different with no ads on the boards. Just a nice mural of the mountains and the sea.
It really made a huge difference, it was kind of beautiful, actually.
Euro sports really do look "discount" with all their ads. And demeaning to teams, too -- look at Man U now, or various teams advertising terrorist-supporting airlines, ffs.
>>
File: 1429046131028.jpg (95 KB, 680x989) Image search: [Google]
1429046131028.jpg
95 KB, 680x989
>>64538506
gross
>>
>>64538966
>Why didn't you compare it to a sport that America gives a shit about, friend?

Aww, a wannbe American.
You're adorable, Mohamed.
>>
>>64539125
I don't understand the point of this post but I understand it comes from the deeply-felt pain that hockey is not popular outside of Canada.
>>
>>64538966
NFL/NBA/MLB doesn't have adds on their uniforms or too many on the field of play either, they do have more commercial breaks though.

>>64539099
Yeah, Im just wondering in the modern age where Europeans can catch North American leagues, how they can even stomach their own leagues after?
It truly looks horrible to watch that constant advertising everywhere. I feel bad for the teams as well, its like they are secondary part of their own uniforms.
>>
>>64539175
>the teams in the lowest revenue sport league in north america doesn't need to be walking billboards to survive financially
>yuropoors
>>
>>64538506
they barely have any commercials
>>
Not fussed about sponsors on the shirts. I'd rather they were there and on boards around stadiums than have a game be interrupted every 5-10 minutes for some adverts and make matches impossible to watch.

>at times it actually distracts you from the game
Only if you have the attention span of a 3 year old
>hinders uniform design
Not really.
>the amount of advertising printed everywhere is excessive.
One sponsor on the front, maybe one on the back as well. Its only excessive in lower/poorer leagues.
>I dont see how you could even justify supporting "your team" with a jersey purchase when the more prominent logo is some business company.
I support the club. The sponsor supports the club, albeit usually only financially. Some look pretty shit but it doesn't really matter. As long as the club logo is visibly on there then who cares?
I doubt a football fan would mistake a jersey for another because it has a specific sponsor on there.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.