[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you get into sports? All these fucking names, and records,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1412974688906.png (108 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
1412974688906.png
108 KB, 400x381
How do you get into sports?

All these fucking names, and records, and in jokes, etc. seem tedious
>>
It can seem a little overwhelming at first, but most of us have been interested in sports since we were kids. So it was a lot easier to absorb information.

Thanks to games like Madden, I was reciting the Tennessee roster by the time I was 9.
>>
>>64529492
Why do you want to get into sports now?
>>
>>64529492
Just start watching games. You may not get shit at first but just keep doing it. Like one anon said, buy a vidya game and just play it. You will start to spot mistakes you make and learn the rules. Start learning whatever you can and just build on it.
>>
You start by following one team first or join a fantasy league.
>>
They're literally kids games, they are not difficult to understand.
>>
>>64529578
4 u
>>
File: ea-sports.jpg (336 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
ea-sports.jpg
336 KB, 1050x1050
>play vidya of sport you want to learn
>pick team you think you'll like
>learn as you watch and play
>>
>>64529492
You don't. Watching other people play sports is a cuck hobby. The players don't even care what city they're in or what team their on, so why should you? They only care about their contracts.
>>
>>64529622
>You don't. Watching other people act in movies is a cuck hobby. The actors don't even care what movie they're in or what their character is, so why should you? They only care about their money.
>>
>>64529597
This is what bandwagon millennials do. If you want to be a true sports fan, support your local team.
>>
>>64529676
Because anime characters don't get a big undeserved paycheck
>>
>>64529622
>You don't. Watching other people play music is a cuck hobby. The musicians don't even care what city they're in or what band they're in, so why should you? They only care about drugs and groupie sluts.
>>
>>64529710
>3DP actors are anime characters now

Did I miss something?
>>
File: 1426917592420.jpg (29 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1426917592420.jpg
29 KB, 500x375
Well, I've been following football since I was 5 or 6 years old so it's pretty easy to pick up on names/records/jokes/etc. Started because my dad would watch football every sunday and I'd plop down next to him to watch. Even as a young child you're going to understand how the game works and who the players are/what they do after a season or two.
>>
Growing up a sports fan helps, I have a p good grasp of football because I would watch the Bears growing up, although I've drifted away from the NFL as I got older. Also, if you're in college, follow your schools sports teams. It's easy to get passionate about and it got me heavy into college football this past year. And as other anons have said, video games help. I'm starting to get more into the NBA just by playing 2k with my little brother.
>>
All you need to know is that the system is rigged so the Patriots and Alabama will win it all this year. Cap this post please.
>>
I always found American football to be very boring because the start and stop nature of the game. When I realized I could shitpost between every play on /sp/ I suddenly started loving the game
>>
I just got really into sports this year. My dad's been into them all his life so I knew all the rules of baseball, basketball, and hockey already. So I guess I got off pretty well, all I had to do was learn how teams were able to get into playoffs and whatnot. What took the most time was how college sports work, still trying to figure that out. I don't pay super close attention to the players' names and what their best skills are and other stuff like that, I just care about what looks interesting to me, like what my teams winning streak is and other simple things. That's probably the easiest route to take, at least it'll be enough information to start up conversations with people about.
>>
>>64529700
Like hell im going to be a Pidgeons(Cardinals) fan.
>>
just happens, you see some cool shit and its like neato.

basketball seems cool to me now just because i seen a few games.
>>
>>64529597
I did this when I was ten, played NBA and NFL 2K on my dreamcast. Didn't start following mlb til later.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.