[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I unironically think hockey is a better sport than basketball
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
>I unironically think hockey is a better sport than basketball
>>
>>64525871
>Portugal
kek
>>
Yeah. Players regularly get their teeth knocked out.

Kinda hard to compete against that.
>>
>>64525871
don't you have a soccer game against greece to lose or something?
>>
>>64525871
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>Basketball
>Nothing but big stars playing against other big stars. There's such a lack of parity that the same teams are good always every year. An 8 seed will never win the NBA championship, and

>Hockey
>Stars really aren't stars. Yeah you can have Patrick Kane or Sidney Crosby on your team, but that's no guarantee you'll even make the playoffs. Your stars only play for a third of the game, and you rely a lot more on the depth of the team and the chemistry of the lines
>An 8 seed has won the Stanley Cup
>While recently the Blackhawks and Kings have been winning the championships, they're not dominating, and what makes them so good isn't their players, but the bond between the players.

Basketball isn't fun to watch because you know what team's going to win. The Warriors are going to win it this year. Sorry 29 other teams, better luck next season.
>>
>>64529218
http://www.nba.com/encyclopedia/moments/eightseed_upsets.html
>>
>>64529254
None of those won championships. You didn't prove what he said was wrong at all.
>>
>>64525871
>unironically come from portugal
>>
NFL Football > Baseball > Hockey > Soccer >>>>>>>>> Basketball
>>
>>64525871
>this is what niggers believe
>>
>>64529218
>Your stars only play for a third of the game
is that true? i know next to nothing about hockey
>>
>>64529358
About that, yes.
>>
>>64529358
Typical game is 60 minutes, your best forwards usually only play for 20 minutes. Hockey's a very fast game, and there's really not that much idling.

Defense is a little different, they might play for 30 minutes if they're good and have a shit ton of stamina.
>>
>>64525871
Yeah hockey is a lot more entertaining
>>
Basketball is too boring to watch. They just go back and forth scoring points that dont mean anything until the last 4 minutes.
>>
>>64529401
Not to mention the last 4 minutes which is the only decent part of the game takes like 30 minutes.
>>
Basketball is okay, but it lacks momentum because of how fouly it is.

That guy bumped into that guy in a manner which is slightly more bumpy than is permissible! STOP EVERYTHING EVERYONE STAND OVER HERE

Like come on man.
>>
>>64529444
>>64529401
The last 2 minutes are usually the most boring of any sport, unless it's like a 4 point game or less.
>>
Why is there such a divide between basketball and hockey? I'm a hockey fan and can't stand bball apart from a few college games. They're both very similar in the way that offenses/defenses are positioned included fast breaks in each sport. I don't get it.
>>
>Tfw your basketball team and hockey team are both in last place
>>
>>64529218
Haven't Crosby and Kane pretty much made the playoffs every year they've been in the league?
>>
>>64530096
The divide is cultural. And a war is formed since their seasons overlap and are played in similar venues.
>>
>>64530158
>>64530096
I think it's more that there are a lot of cities that have only one or the other compared to other American major league sports, so you get faggots being homers.
>>
Hockey is more fun for fans of contact sports. Apehoop is meh because the lack of contact and strict officials.

>>64529218
>more about the bond between players
How autistic can one post be? Kill yourself.
>>
>>64530096
>Sport that's 90% white
>Sport that's 90% black
>WHY DO THEY HATE EACH OTHER?
>>
Hockey > soccer > baseball > rugby > tennis > golf > cuckegg > jigaboo jam Tbh
>>
baseball >>>> hockey > cricket > soccer > football > cycling > tennis > golf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> basketball > rugby
>>
File: 1401664545850.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1401664545850.png
11 KB, 211x246
>>64530157
>yfw Crosby and Lemieux played on the same team and they finished last in the league
>>
>>64525871
How does it feel to know that Brazil has the better version of your language?
>>
Football > Basketball >>> Baseball >>>>>>>> Soccer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Watching Paint Dry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hockey
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.