[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did the Chargers mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7
What did the Chargers mean by this?
>>
thats pretty sad
>>
holy shit lol fuck the chargers. bottom 5 organization in NFL history
>>
>>64517812
This should be a huge story. Let everyone know what a joke that organization is.
>>
>>
>>
>>64517812

they really do know how to make asses out of themselves
>>
I bet this isn't the whole story.

>Eric come to the locker room so we can game plan and give the fans a win to end on
>no I'm gonna sit out here and watch my kid dance instead

And suddenly it doesn't look so benign
>>
File: 1449553920619.jpg (230 KB, 1415x775) Image search: [Google]
1449553920619.jpg
230 KB, 1415x775
>>64518305
Your kids are only young once, he made the right choice.
>>
>>64518335
Well sure but if that's what happened there's nothing offensive about the team fining him for it
>>
MOVE

TO

L.A.
>>
>>64518305

based on the rotoworld blurbs I've read in the last few years, from contract disprespect to this bullshit the chargers look to be out to get weddle for no reason. He is one of their greats.

>implying chargers' greats
>>
>>64517812
Shit like this is why Seau ended up eating a fucking bullet
>>
And people wonder why we don't go to their games.

Spanos is literally one of the absolute worst owners ever. Total piece of shit
>>
File: rovers.png (419 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
rovers.png
419 KB, 504x470
after hearing this i think they definitely deserve to move to LA
poor rivers man
>>
>>64518305
Weddle was fuckig injured already in that game if I recall correctly >>64518358
Fining a player, who has spent his whole career playing for your team (and made multiple pro bowls), during his last home game (because said piece of shit owner refuses to renew his contract), for a reason like that is absolute horseshit.
>>
>>64517812
Jesus christ
And I thought Jerry jones was a bad team killer, but this shit is unsettling
>>
>>64517812
That they really have no fucks left to give over an already overpaid Safety, who made a spectacle of himself during the offseason while begging for a raise he didn't deserve, who went on to talk shit about other defensive players suggesting that they ask him for help on how to play better as he is the self-described first in/last out guy at the HQ, as though he were any example of playing well despite only seemingly attempting to tackle other players by torpedoing himself at them while making no attempt to use his arms as he does so, all the while refusing to shave his disgusting "Super Bowl" beard even as the team was knocked out of the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, fuck the Chargers organization for all their stadium shit this season, and fuck the other defensive players who should have been working or at least trying harder this season. With that said, Weddle has been nothing but a poor performing cancer all season. He is no victim.
>>
People like Spanos need to be brutally killed. I'm so tired of this gay fucking planet and the cunts who think they can tell everyone else how to be.
>>
Greeks and Italians are scum of the earth when it comes to running businesses.
>>
thanks chorgers
now my Osweiler can pick a part your secondary all day next week
shame tho, Weddle is a cool dude
>>
Chargers organization is really full of some cucks, no respect for fans or players.
>>
>>64519950
>implying he won't go to Oakland to play the chorgers twice per year
>>
Wait can an NFL fan explain to me if I have this right:

The scumbag owners of the Chargers is basically holding the team/city hostage saying unless they get TAXPAYER money to build a stadium for their PRIVATE USE AND PROFIT, they will take away the team to Los Angeles?

Thats what I understand but it sounds too ridiculous to be true. If thats really how things work then anyone and everyone involved in that needs to literally be shot.
>>
>>64519950
As if Weddle was going to do anything to keep that from happening...
>>
>>64520011
Pretty much
>>
>>64520011
Yeah, Qualcomm stadium doesn't have any luxury skyboxes which the team needs to play better.
>>
File: settle down.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
settle down.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>64520049
how the fuck did we get to this point as a society... what the FUCK
>>
>>64520082
Well, its really any major league of any sport in the US, but there is enough demand for the limited supply of franchises that are available, and as such, metropolitan areas seek out franchises, enter agreements with them, and in many cases are forced to bend over the table and take it up the ass because if they don't there are countless other cities/towns/regions (See Carson) begging to take it up the ass in exchange for relevance and in most cases, citizens of those areas feel pride in those franchises calling their city home, and demand that their city leaders find a way to retain them, or jeopardize their odds of reelection should the franchise leave.
>>
>>64520474
Well just one more reason for me not to give a fuck about society. I cannot wait for the economy to tank
>>
Well I just lost all respect I had for this team.

I hope they never have a winning season again and all their top executives die of bowel cancer.
>>
>>64520024
he would do more than whatever his backup will do
Weddle has always been a thorn in the broncos side, without him as their last hope the chargers will get btfo
>>
>>64520510
Leave the team out of it, its the organization that should be forced to gargle lava.
>>
I've watched a lot of Friday Night Lights and learned enough about locker room culture that I think most if not all teams would reprimand a player for not being with the team, injury or no

Still a shitty thing, maybe it would have been better if he had asked his coach about it before the game
>>
>>64520571
>he would do more than whatever his backup will do
Maybe, but you're getting into degrees on insignificance.
>Weddle has always been a thorn in the broncos side,
Has been, but I promise he wasn't going to be this weekend, because he's been in decline the last couple seasons, and has been garbage this season.
>without him as their last hope the chargers will get btfo
This was always gonna happen.
>>
>>64520591
>I've watched a lot of Friday Night Lights
>>
>>64520623
...?
>>
>>64520606
Fair enough
I guess I'm looking for positives because Brock, Sanders, and the front 7 are the only ones still trying to win games for us right now
>>
>>64520658
Dude. I get that, but you really shouldn't be so desperate as to talk up my Chargers to makes yourself feel better about the Broncos.
>>
>>64520698
>my chargers

What do you mean by this?
>>
>>64520474

The irony of course is that sports stadiums don't actually add anything to a city. Look where we have football teams. The worst cities in America
>>
>>64520725
That was my subtle attempt to acknowledge that they are the team I cheer for in order to dissuade any thought that I may be a Broncos fan just talking shit about the team the Broncos are playing this weekend.
>>
File: 1426384646596.gif (1 MB, 331x197) Image search: [Google]
1426384646596.gif
1 MB, 331x197
>>64520698
>my Chargers
>>
>>64520725
>>64520797
>being a hardass

life of the party, everyone.
>>
>>64520698
its pretty much all I got right now so let me have it
>>
>>64520011

Brit in America here.

I don't understand why a city here would want a sports team past simply having another entertainment option and a few jobs filled. It's not like thousands of your opponents fans will travel to your stadium and flood the local economy with external cash. Why would tax payers want to give millions to a for profit organisation?

If I was San Diego I'd tell him to go fuck himself. Private enterprise is private enterprise.
>>
NFL is such a joke. Yet retards still support this league.
>>
FUCK THE SPANOS FAMILY

LITERALLY TAKING EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO GIVE US THE FINGER ON THEIR WAY OUT

I HOPE THEY ALL GET THE WORST TYPE OF CANCER AND DIE SLOWLY AS THE TEAM IN LA FAILS AND THEY LOSE THEIR FORTUNE

FUCK OFF SPANOS SCUM
>>
>>64521523
>It's not like thousands of your opponents fans will travel to your stadium and flood the local economy with external cash.

actually that's exactly what happens
>>
i hope the chargers fail in la just to prove everyone right about how fairweather la fans are and they never get a football team again
>>
>>64521616

Yeah? Cause I've been to NFL games around the country, and it most certainly does not look that way. 2k tops.
>>
>>64521642
2,000 people coming to your city isnt a nothing. They all need to eat, get a hotel, etc.
>>
>>64518305
>if this hypothetical situation occurred then the fine is OK

What is the point of these circlejerk posts? Go on the facts you know, retard.
>>
>>64521616
>implying

San Diego gets tourism for being San Diego, not for the chorgers.
>>
>>64521702

It is when you are potentially only talking about 6 times in the year. Fuck, in european football away fans can be given as much as 6-8k fans 20times a year minimum.

San Diego getting 12k tourists a year is nothing.
>>
>>64521716
>coaches wanting to game plan during halftime is hypothetical
>>
>>64521642

dude go to a chargers game, people from around the country go there not just for the NFL but for a vacation, it's a huge tourist city

>>64521742
I didn't say they did dipshit faggot
>>
>>64521760

NFL tourists*** I mean. I am sure San Diego gets a fuck tonne of tourist tourists, as >>64521742 has alluded to.

Seems like the Mayor would be better putting the money into the beaches and getting more seamon deamons into bikinis and roller skates than buying the Chargers a new stadium.
>>
>>64518305
>>64518305
>>64518305
>>64518305
>>64518305
Underrated
>>
>>64521760
>San Diego getting 12k tourists a year is nothing.

where did you come up with these numbers idiot?

the eagles fans roll like 15k deep, most east coast fans do actually

packer fans same shit
>>
>>64518975
>that flag
>this post
>>
>>64521807
Where are you coming up with your's, moron.

At least I am making a point, which is that there aren't enough home games, or visiting support, to make an economical argument for investing millions of dollars of taxpayers money into a stadium for a private organisation.
>>
File: 1329960258404.jpg (35 KB, 298x292) Image search: [Google]
1329960258404.jpg
35 KB, 298x292
>>64518305
>fans

Are you serious? San Diego is the only team that plays 16 road games.
>>
The fact that having a private enterprise get a stadium built for them with taxpayer money is even an option on the table shows how much we've lost the plot. What a fucking joke. I hope Spanos' children get throat cancer and he has to watch them waste away.
>>
>>64521767
>Coaches needing and injured player to gameplan.
>>
>>64518852
He'd be alive today I but for 18-1
>>
File: 1381002751334.jpg (570 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1381002751334.jpg
570 KB, 1280x853
It means the Chargers are against family values when it's anyone else besides Rivers.

God forbid he'd be another "role model" athlete who's not involved in his own kids' lives.
>>
>>64517812
it means the chargers have officially become the new joke organization in the NFL.

congrats redskins and 49ers fans your team is no longer the worst run
>>
can't the chargers like move to anaheim and call themselves San Diego? that's not as bad as le santa clara 49ers
>>
>>64522058
He can offer advice about what he saw to his backup
>>
>>64523504
You know, as someone against them moving to Carson, I'd be okay if they tried pulling the SoCal Chargers thing from Anaheim. Hell, if they did it in Orange County I'd be okay with it. Just not in LA PLEASE.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.