[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
0-0
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 27
File: 1450578382812.png (39 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1450578382812.png
39 KB, 400x400
This is why americans hate our sport.
>>
We also hate it because it's boring as fuck
>>
>>64515883
That's not implied by 0-0?
>>
the bigger issue of course is man u are 6 points off top 4
>>
It was an entertaining 0-0
>>
>>64515816
>hating the sport and not those fucking shit teams
>>
>commentators damage controlling
>>
better than fucking 283 - 261 in basket hoop
>>
>>64515965
even in a 4-3 "shootout" there's tons and tons of boring periods all the time. less than a 0-0 game obviously, but the whole sport itself is designed to run on being boring. it's not about the scoring, it's about how the gameplay itself is lame.
>>
File: 1443550545068.jpg (12 KB, 426x382) Image search: [Google]
1443550545068.jpg
12 KB, 426x382
>>64516013
You're right.

I'd rather watch 80% ads instead like you guys.
>>
>>64515816
>implying you're not the ameriproxy fag
>>
>>64516055
Ads are meaningless wank. Anything outside of shooting range in divegrass is meaningless wank. Talk about a zero-sum game.
>>
who cares about americans?
>>
>>64515981
>this is what britbongs actually believe
Sometimes i had to be reminded by the commentators that i was watching football and not tennis did either team ever string together more than 5 passes in their final third? Or is it the fact that the teams gave up possession so easily part of the reason why it was "exciting".
>>
>>64516136
>not wanting big strong americans to like our sport
>>
>>64516136
BUILD WALL
>>
I will never, ever understand why soccer is so popular over in Europe. I guess because they are completely testosterone deficient faggots.

Jesus what a shit 'sport'
>>
>>64516136
Shouldn't you be building a wall somewhere, pablo?
>>
>>64516229
Same i rather watch commercial breaks
>>
>>64516229
It's because it's the sport of the people.

Of course Americans wouldn't understand shit about people, they have made their country by killing others nonstop.
>>
People hate the sport because shit games like this get hyped up and shown on tv instead of high scoring spaghetti matches.
>>
>>64516152
United strung quite a few passes together in Chelsea's half actually. Chelsea started playing for the 0-0 I'm the second half.
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>64516262
>hispanics, africans, and poo-in-loos are people
>>
>>64515816
I would rather watch some geeks stream Rocket League than watch bitch as soccer. Literally more gay than Turkish oil wrestling.
>>
>>64516317
But that's 90% of your population
>>
>>64516262
>Sport of the people
>100% of big clubs never listen to their fanbase
>>
I have one major issue with soccer.

How much planning is involved in it, compared to American and Canadian football?

What are the plays? The specialized player roles?

I'm surprised this isn't brought up more, because this is what I like about football.

I like the role that plays have it, and I like the level of player specialization (quarterback, halfback, etc.). Because of how the game is structured chronologically, a great many plans are carried out in it.
>>
>>64516356
>watching corporations play for money you'll never see is the only expression of a sport
Well maybe for handegg.
>>
>>64516013
>BRO NO ONE IS SCORING ANY TOUCHDOWNS
>THERE'S BEEN LIKE 5 MINUTES OF LIKE, A TEAM SPORT BEING PLAYED HERE
>WTF IS THIS BRUHS??!

how a nation that has BASEBALL as it's national pastime can call any sport boring is beyond me.
>>
>>64516008
The most points ever scored in a basketball game is 187 in triple overtime.
>>
>>64515816
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>64516419
yuros and povertyball countries often have to resort to hyperbole to form their arguments
>>
>>64516366
There is all of that but it's arbitrarily enforced by coaches because they think it'll be good. Factually there's no real place for strict planning and ultra-specialization, and plans get broken all the time by a great player improvising within/against it. That's the best part about the sport. Unless of course
>lelpl
>0-0 because neither team wants to lose
>>
>Pass
>Pass
>Pass
>Pass
>1 step outside the box
>1 defender comes
>Pass back
>Pass back
>Pass back
>Pass back
>Now back on their own side of the half
>Repeat until they get it to the sidelines for a cross or they overpower a shit over the net coming into the middle of the box
>Goal kick
>>
>>64516152
Watch netball if that's what you want
>>
File: t pepe barbosa.png (76 KB, 578x572) Image search: [Google]
t pepe barbosa.png
76 KB, 578x572
>expecting anything from Midtable United vs Relegation FC
>>
>>64516366
much, much more planning than any pleb realises.

obviously it's different because the game is always moving, but what most people don't realise is that a lot of the moves that end in goals have been meticulously practised on the training ground until they are muscle memory. it's the combination of planning, plus decision making at high speeds, that makes the game.

Also, wtf is Canadian football?
>>
>>64516366
I know literally nothing about soccer but I'm assuming it's a lot like defensive coverage in the NFL in that sometimes they have man coverage and other times they zone coverage to try and force the ball away from the other team. I could be completely wrong but most sports in general use the man / zone coverage idea, and I'm sure there are lots of offensive formations too
>>
>>64516366
>How much planning is involved in it
A lot.
This is a nice basic look at what the best do, without getting into the 4-2-3-1 etc etc bullshit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svh5lMUfotc
>>
>>64516366

I'll never enjoy watching soccer because it simply does not have anything near the level of player specialization, and the role of plays are greatly reduced.

You simply can't coordinate to the same level you can in soccer than you can in football.

Yes, I basically said Football is the more intellectual sport.
>>
>>64516478
Canadian football is American football but better because they have meme scoring plays like rouges
>>
>>64515816

>our sport

never knew football was invented by lazy greaseballs....
>>
File: 1445862880293.jpg (107 KB, 635x356) Image search: [Google]
1445862880293.jpg
107 KB, 635x356
>>64516541

>sport dominated by niggers
>intellectual
>>
>>64516541
Football was never poised as an intellectual sport, it was taken from the elite by the poor and the best players have always been work-class or straight up poor people with the nerve and guts to do whatever shit they come up with in the moment (and be good at it).

"Intellectuals" have taken too much credit for how the sport works, especially in the modern era. But that's not what the game is about.
>>
>>64516136
this desu

>MUH HANDEGG
>>
>>64516442
>implying hyperbole isn't a legitimate way of making a point
>>
>>64516541
lol...
>>
File: 1450302976872.jpg (57 KB, 580x627) Image search: [Google]
1450302976872.jpg
57 KB, 580x627
>>64516541
>I'll never enjoy watching soccer because it simply does not have anything near the level of player specialization, and the role of plays are greatly reduced.
>You simply can't coordinate to the same level you can in soccer than you can in football.
>Yes, I basically said Football is the more intellectual sport.
>>
>>64516541
>no player specialization
>implying a centre back could play as a winger

>role of plays greatly reduced
>only slightly reduced, because it moves constantly and doesn't stop every minute

>i can't see the co-ordination therefore it doesn't exist

wew lad
wew
>>
>>64515970
fuck Manure and fuck you
>>
>>64516541
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75y-uxmK_FM

That looks pretty coordinated to me. They do this shit all day, different variations.
>>
>>64516583

The sport is about the team, carrying out plans successfully and improvising when necessary. Each player has to do his role competently.

It is both a strategic and tactical game, contrary to however much American anti-intellectualism tries to downplay this.

The fact that football games pause so often allows for greater command-and-control. Football teams constantly have time to organize and plan.

Soccer games go on for long stretches, essentially preventing the teams from regularly re-organizing and planning. You simply don't pause as much in soccer.
>>
If you think 0-0 is boring just look back at that match between Mexico v Brazil in the World Cup, the best 0-0 I've seen
>>
>>64516736
How's that related to what I said (when I say football I mean football, not gridiron)
>>
>>64516736
>carrying out plans

im gonna run to the line and catch the ball cuz coach said to
>>
>>64515816
The bigger issue is all the diving and embellishment imo
>>
All they have to do to get me to watch soccer is get rid of diving
>>
>>64516335
Factually incorrect desu
>>
>>64516008
>literally buying tickets to watch a scoreless game

Get the fuck of here britfag
>>
>>64516785
>>64516803
>le diving
why is it always americans and brits who care about this? It barely even matters
>muh manliness
oh, they're closet homosexuals.
>>
>>64516681

No, soccer has coordination.

But football has more, by design.

The game pauses constantly. Soccer does not.

Furthermore, the players in soccer are typically more scattered apart than they are in football.

It's easier to coordinate when players are closer together.
>>
>>64516136
>posting about americans on an american website
I... I think you do...
>>
>>64516847

>american website
>owned by a Jap
>>
>>64516847
Facebook is an american website
doesn't mean shit
>>
>>64516820
>barely matters

It does to me and others.
>>
>>64516805
Nope, USA is a country of nigger mexicans.
Build wall.
>>
>>64516782

That player won't get anywhere without a team effort.

Teamwork is what achieves wins, not running around and winging it for funsies.
>>
>>64516820
fooling opponents is fine, great in fact

fooling officials is bad
>>
File: 1441384626857.jpg (6 KB, 171x167) Image search: [Google]
1441384626857.jpg
6 KB, 171x167
>>64516541
kek
>>
>>64516726
The great Liverpool sides of the 70-80's trained just like this, with some scouse nutcase screaming 'get it, give it, go!' in their ears all day. Then five a sides, over and over.

It wasn't as formalised and autistic as Pep, but it werked lad.
>>
>>64516883
>nigzil talking shit about blacks

Wew
>>
>>64516890
>team effort

yeah someone else has to throw the ball to them

wow amazing

everything else is just big black men rubbing against each other 2bh
>>
>>64516541
>inside handoff
>rb runs into a wall of huge linebackers
>Loss of 1 yard
Muh coordination, Muh specialization
>>
I have no problem with 0-0s, but with 0-0 earning both teams a point.

No goals, no points. That's how it should be.
>>
>>64516409
Nobody under the age of 40 watches boreball
>>
>>64516892
What makes the difference? >respect to authority? Why would anyone respect an authority who is so easily manipulated in so many ways?

If the refs can't ref properly then it's only natural players will take advantage of them, and this isn't reduced simply to diving.
>>
>>64516541
>sports
>intellectual

Nah. Go read a book.
>>
>>64516912
>brazil is whiter than usa
Build wall.
>>
>>64516820

>this is what soccer fans actually believe

no idea how you guys are going to fix the biggest problem with the sport when fags like this encourage it

god speed
>>
>>64516922

Why is the heck is scoring so low in soccer if there's more "team effort"?

Face it, a bunch of scattered guys running about for long periods can't exactly practice "teamwork".
>>
>>64516974
you actually have to have more than 0 whites to be whiter than usa, monkeyman
>>
>>64516055
Absolutelty valid point. I love football, but seeing how fast the 90 minutes of a soccer game passed really blew me away. I still think the sport is far too defensive to be fun (only guy on D with a hard job is the goalie) but you don't spend an hour an a half watching propaganda.

>>64516409
...that is why baseball is dead anon.
>>
>>64516997
Because the opposition also work as a team to prevent you from scoring?

In fact, if there were less teamwork (like 60 years ago) the scoring records would be gigantic, +5 goals a match being a common occurence. The reason scoring has gone down is the sport becoming more organised defensively.
>>
You're objectively an idiot if you don't think the game was entertaining.
>>
>>64516974
It's funny you use the build wall as an insult toward Americans when that is what we want.
>>
>>64516997

Huh, I am sleep-deprived. I said two sentences simultaneously in one.

"why is the scoring so low"

"why the heck is the scoring so low"
>>
>>64516997
you're right. no coordination or team work.
>>
>>64516944
in an ideal game, referees aren't manipulated and will make good decisions

do you think doping and match-fixing is a good thing too?
>>
>>64517032

Or perhaps the field is just too large relative to the number of players?
>>
>>64517079
He is from South America. Of course he does. It's just part of the game, right?
>>
>>64516997
if you want rigid, organized 'team effort' then i can only reccomend pulisball, or the bundesliga
>>
>>64517079
doping and match-fixing are things that happen off the pitch, away from any sort of control (most of the time). It's contrary to the act of playing the game.

Diving itself, as "disloyal" as it may be, is something that comes directly from the playing itself and affects only the next subsequent play. And again, the ref is right there. You're complaining about the wrong side of the problem.
>>
>>64517070
>one example
Well that settles it then!
>>
>>64517047
But you are going to be deported, chicano.
Build wall.
>>
>>64517026
>only guy on D with a hard job is the goalie
oh, anon.
>>
>>64517140
I'm not a Chicano, but I do agree I want them to be deported. Can't stump the trump.
>>
>>64517079
There's not really any difference between diving and any number of other petty fouls that you and I and every other footballer commits every game.

Literally the first thing I was taught when playing football was how to stick an elbow in someone's back at a corner so they can't jump properly. That's not different to diving in terms of keeping the game sporting. It's definitely not comparable to match fixing and doping.
>>
>>64517070

How is it the sleep-deprived guy has better reading comprehension? I said already I didn't say there wasn't coordination in soccer.

I said there was more coordination in football; because of the greater level of player specialization, the chronological structure of the game, the average proximity of players, and the frequency and depth of plays.

I'm not making one of those crude laughable arguments about which sport is more manly or more civilized.
>>
>>64517169
I mean I haven't seen many people arguing for football being "a better sport" in the basis of it having more cordination than gridiron. Of course a turn-based sport is going to have planning, it's as if the entirety of a football game was composed of set pieces.

The coordination that exist in both sports is of a different kind, not comparable to each other.
>>
>>64517143
This is the only sport that deals with a "0-0 can be exciting" meme. They don't even try to float that notion with hockey. It's not americlap nationalism, it's a fact, and any idiot that watches soccer knows why.
>>
>>64516997
>face it, a bunch of scattered guys running about for long periods can't exactly practice "teamwork".

by far the most retarded thing i've read today
>>
>>64517150

Speaking as the guy arguing football is the more intellectual sport, no. Just no.

Americans are all the children of immigrants. There are no authentic "native-borns", because we all came from somewhere overseas.

Arguing in favor of a wall is hypocrisy.
>>
The 0-0 between Arsenal and Liverpool earlier this season was great desu
>>
>>64517163
>>64517132

if diving is taken as seriously as fouls then there are no problems, but at the moment it isnt
>>
>>64515816
How bout this:

Win: 2 points
Loss: 0 points
Tie: 1 point for sure with 2nd point decider in a 30 min golden goal + penalties scenario.
>>
>>64517219
What? Are you seriously comparing hockey to football in an effort to prove that goalkeepers have a hard job while defenders don't?
>>
>>64517219
0-0s are usually not exciting. But the underlying point (as misguided as it may be for these games) is that you don't watch football solely for the scoring. It's not what makes the meat of the sport and what people like about it.

People like to watch a great player improvising his way through opposition, a great dribble, a great pass or even a great tackle. They like to watch passing sequences be succesful against a pressuring opposition, they like to watch runs into space and through balls, and any other interesting thing that people can do with a ball on their feet. Goals are supposed to be a result of the game being played well.

Football is probably one of the most prone sports to fail prey to shitty teams being boring though, that is true. But that's just a part of the game as a game, you can't take it out to promote 'spectacle' it would run against the spirit of the sport.
>>
>>64517312
>Defending a semen slurping sport where not a single point was scored for 90 minutes
whew lad
>>
>>64517332
How many points are scored in chess? Hoy many big black dudes go out screaming in it?

The notion that numbers on an electronic board are the important part of the game is stupid.
>>
>>64517217

Because I get tired of football fans falling into the same trap when arguing for the sport.

They argue football is the more civilized sport, the haters say that makes soccer the more macho one.

They argue football is the more manly sport, the haters say soccer is therefore less barbaric.

It is a tiresome cycle of circular logic.

Why do we even care whether or not a sport is more civilized or more manly? It's all subjective and non-quantifiable.
>>
>>64517332
But anon, it's the best sport in the world
>>
>>64517228
My grandparents came legally thank you.
>>
>>64517363
>Why do we even care whether or not a sport is more civilized or more manly
I've only ever seen Americans and Brits really pushing for this idea. It's ingrained into English culture and English sport, that "manliness" is the greatest virtue a knight of the Queen can have and therefore what everything in life has to aim for. Association Football started like this to begin with, I've read texts from like 1915 about Watson Hutton (the Englishman who brought the sport into Argentina) complaining about how Football had become 'more beautiful, complex, perhaps more refined' but that it was shit compared to his old days because 'the manliness and virility was lost'.
>>
>>64517363
>They argue football is the more civilized sport
this has never been said off of /sp/ you retard
>>
>>64517361
You play sports to win the game. Without goals the game sucks. There's nothing enjoyable about a 0-0 draw
>>
>>64517265
I'm telling your faggot ass that nobody walking out of a 0-0 hockey game is gonna say "well that was an exciting team effort". Good job trying to change the subject.

You're not even attempting to refute the defending point either. Because you can't, you know what the core of soccer games are turnovers on turnovers on turnovers. In any other sport, that's a critical failure that will be studied in an effort to improve the team. Here it's just part of the game. The goals are too far apart, the defenders have too much time to anticipate the move.
>>
>>64517447
See >>64517312
>Football is probably one of the most prone sports to fail prey to shitty teams being boring though, that is true. But that's just a part of the game as a game, you can't take it out to promote 'spectacle' it would run against the spirit of the sport.

The spirit of the game is in the playing itself -which should lead to scoring-. The first ever international football game was between England and Scotland. It was a 0-0 draw, and was considered a greatly entertaining success of the new sport at the time.
>>
>>64517452
You know that the core of Tennis games are turnovers on turnovers on turnovers. In any other sport, that's a critical failure that will be studied in an effort to improve the team. Here it's just part of the game.
>>
>>64517379

So did mine. That doesn't mean we should all play Javert.

>>64517312

I think people would appreciate football more if they'd focus less on the scoring and more on how the scores were obtained.

The planning that goes into each round, and the level of coordination required to make each play succeed.

>>64517265

Hockey has one major advantage over soccer. Players move across the "field" much faster, thus dramatically changing the game's pace.

It baffles me the game is not more popular for this reason.
>>
>>64517526
Hockey would be more popular if you could see the puck.
>>
>>64517447
Objectively wrong. A 0-0 with plenty of shots and world class saves is absolutely enjoyable. A good match will keep you on the edge of your seat, and since the football that is played with feet and a ball doesn't have 2+ hours of beer commercials, the tension will be felt for the whole 90 minutes. The way the games are played, the passes, the shots, the clearances, the saves and the runs are what makes the sport the #1 in the world. Goals are an end product of the things I mentioned before; a scoreless draw can sometimes be boring, but a football match with many goals will ALWAYS be entertaining, making the sport unique in a beautiful way
>>
>>64517558

So paint it illuminating colors.

Problem solved. We'd always see it then.
>>
>>64517510
Show me an "exciting" 0-0 tennis match, fucknuts. kek, I reiterate: this is the only sport where they shill the "erhmagurd what a scoreless thriller"
>>
File: CGl6jvzW0AAVBpG.jpg (22 KB, 410x300) Image search: [Google]
CGl6jvzW0AAVBpG.jpg
22 KB, 410x300
Never understood why disgusting yuros are allowed to post on 4chan.

Soccer is a sport for the poor and the gays. I mean for fucks sake, if countries as shitty as Brazil, Argentina, Spain, and Portugal can be good at it, then there is no way a rational human being would be able to take it seriously.

Don't even get me started on celebrations whenever someone finally manages to score a goal (after diving and rolling on the ground crying for 10 minutes after he fucked up and scraped his knee while trying to dive because he's a retarded soccer player) to make it a "riveting" 1-0 with 2 minutes left to go. They literally start hugging and kissing each other while fingering each others assholes and talking about how much they love one another.

I mean look at this fucking faggot. This is your average soccer player ladies and gentlemen.

Fucking faggot "sport"
>>
>>64517361

The point of chess is entirely strategic. It's not about scoring at all.
>>
>>64517585
Obviously a game with goals will be entertaining you dunce. I'm not saying the sport is shit I love it but just 0-0 draws need to die. Neither team should be rewarded points
>>
>>64517609

I don't even like soccer, but there are gay athletes in every sport.
>>
>>64517526
Hockey isn't very popular around the world because of its poor aesthetics; all you see are hulking men wearing protective gear on ice skates, carrying a stick
>>
>tfw I'm a BSA and I don't care about foreign sports

It must kill them to know that my fellow BSA's feel the same way
>>
>>64517672
you're a boy scout of america?
>>
>>64517646
0-0 draws can be entertaining, though; and if both teams put on good defensive performances they completely deserve to get a point.
The only people who don't understand this are, strangely enough, Americans and Canadians
>>
>>64517672
Based BSA's. God bless them.
>>
File: 1450587894275.png (168 KB, 748x756) Image search: [Google]
1450587894275.png
168 KB, 748x756
>mfw Americans hate football, because they are bad in football
>mfw they call it SAWKER
>mfw They make threads about football every day
>mfw american obsession
>>
>>64517697

Our favorite sports are American Football and Hockey respectively.

We want scoring.
>>
>>64517758

Yet our women already own soccer.
>>
File: 1450581231752s.jpg (7 KB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
1450581231752s.jpg
7 KB, 250x248
>>64517784
>american insecurity
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 931x607) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 931x607
>>64517620
This. It's about getting a king, the others objectively don't mean shit. There's no fuckin points.

>>64517585
And here you finally reveal your pretensions. Sorry gaylord, fucking without cumming can be enjoyable, but would you really want to do it?

let's break it down here. Webster defines the word GOAL as: something that you are trying to do or achieve; the end towards which effort is directed. I doubt I need to define "competition" for you. If there isn't anything fundamentally wrong with a goalless game, stop calling it a fucking goal. Call it doggie treat or yippie or whatever sophomoric bullshit you think people watch sports for, but don't call it a goal.
>>
File: 1451335683986.png (209 KB, 748x756) Image search: [Google]
1451335683986.png
209 KB, 748x756
>>64517758
>mfw Chileans hate Texas, because their flag is nothing but a cheap knockoff of the Lone Star State
>mfw they call it TEJAS
>mfw They make threads about Texas every day
>mfw chilean obsession
>>
>>64517228
>if you go back far enough everyone here is an immigrant
>that means it's ok for mexicans to just walk across the border uninvited

faggot.

plus just because your ancestors immigrated, doesn't mean you have ANY moral obligation to let anyone else in. times, situations, economies change.

arguing against a wall because 'muh nation of immigrants' is cuckoldry. america's citizens are america's citizens NOW, and for the american government they must come first.
>>
>>64516830
So basically you just have a fucked up bladder so you prefer American football because you can go to the bathroom during its many commercial breaks.
>>
>>64517760
Isn't furpuck like the 5th most watched sport over there?
>>
>>64517784
Other countries' women just started playing while U.S. women have been playing for a while. It's the inverse of the men's national team.
>>
>>64517133
when you see your reflection, does it make you sad? embarrassed? it should.
>>
File: 1365351248962.jpg (115 KB, 591x530) Image search: [Google]
1365351248962.jpg
115 KB, 591x530
>hates soccuh
>loves basebore
>>
File: 1450589480930.png (167 KB, 318x308) Image search: [Google]
1450589480930.png
167 KB, 318x308
>>64517821
>Chile flag: 1817
>texas flag: 1839
>go to school
>get shot
>don't get educacion
>mfw
>>
>>64517817
Man, you're REALLY dumb. A 0-0 draw gives a point; the "goal" has that name because the posts,crossbar and net make it a "goal". It can be a "goal" to defend your "goal", to get that crucial point that makes you achieve your "goal" of avoiding relegation, getting promoted, or winning a league. Capisce?
>>
A 0-0 with lots of efforts, saves and miraculous moments is way better than a 7-1 blowout tho
>>
>>64517929
>educacion
at least spell it correctly you monkey
>>
>>64517932
Lmao so that's why the announcers call it a goal when a defender takes the ball away for the 267th time?
>>
>>64517784
they own WOMEN'S 'soccer'

might as well own table tennis.
>>
>>64518003
Are you actually retarded?
>>
File: 1450587509116.jpg (609 KB, 1860x862) Image search: [Google]
1450587509116.jpg
609 KB, 1860x862
>>64518001
>no entiende español
>mcc
>>
>>64518041
BUILD WALL
>>
ITT ameribetics upset they can't watch four hours of commercials and fantasize about Jamal fucking his gf
>>
You really need distinguish the dramatic 0-0 from the shitty 0-0.
>>
>our sport
what part of football are you from m8?
>>
File: wtf am i reading.png (50 KB, 210x200) Image search: [Google]
wtf am i reading.png
50 KB, 210x200
>>64518111
>>
File: earthqu.jpg (2 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
earthqu.jpg
2 KB, 125x125
>>64518053
>I can enter to the burgerland with a visa
>mfw I have a visa
>>
>>64517962
i agree
>>
File: 1447012287860.jpg (28 KB, 415x476) Image search: [Google]
1447012287860.jpg
28 KB, 415x476
>>64516541
>intellectual sport
>>
>>64516541
this is some good b8
>>
>>64518111
>>64518161
But as you can see...
>>
You never really get 0-0 but low scoring rugby games tend to be better than high-scoring ones.
>>
>>64518168
>his country is so shit he willingly comes to the US
top cuck
>>
>remove goalkeepers
>each game ends with 20 or more goals
>one commercial per goal
>''What a great sport!!'' mutters the ameritard
>>
>>64518232

Nah, just make the soccer field smaller by either one-half or one-third.
>>
File: 1450472228198.gif (864 KB, 160x270) Image search: [Google]
1450472228198.gif
864 KB, 160x270
>>64516541

>intellectual sport
>>
File: 0809.jpg (12 KB, 552x232) Image search: [Google]
0809.jpg
12 KB, 552x232
>>64518220
>accept that his country is shit
>>
Has a Yurotard ever even attempted to justify the complete lack of anything exciting happening in soccer? They seem to think there's so much strategy and tactics involved in a sport where 90% of the time it's just errant passes and shots that aren't even on target.

On the off chance that a goal is scored, there's more excitement in the celebration than the actual goal.

>muh commercials

Even ads are more exciting than "le inaccurate pass, le shitty tackle, le dive".
>>
>>64517609
>this Cuck is so insecure he thinks any male to make contact is gay

And yet he watches roided up gorillas groping each other every week.
>>
The sport that needs ads to break up the monotony doesn't have them

lel
>>
>>64518292
Has a Merifat ever even attempted to justify the complete lack of anything sports-related happening in soccer? They seem to think there's so much strategy and tactics involved in a sport where 90% of the time it's just viagra commercials and ads for beers that aren't even good.

On the off chance that a sport is played, there's more excitement in the celebration than the actial touchdown.

>muh draws

Even draws are more exciting than "le standing around fat guy, le 18-1 meme, le burger".
>>
>>64518403

I think you meant to say American football, lol.
>>
>>64518525
the band?
>>
>>64518525
I JUST THINK IT'S BEST

CAUSE YOU CAN'T MISS WHAT YOU FORGET
>>
>>64518327
>please gib ads mr merchant

talk about social conditioning
>>
>>64518292
>nigger runs fast, catches egg
>WOW!!!!!!!!!!! scream all the muricans as the nigger dances and screams for catching the egg
>"THAT'S THE STUFF" says the murican, watching it on TV
>hits wife
>drinks beer
>claps
The greatest
>>
File: 4253655461.jpg (14 KB, 407x286) Image search: [Google]
4253655461.jpg
14 KB, 407x286
was this ever anything other than a bait thread?
>>
>>64518718
>nigger runs fast, kicks ball
>OI LOOK AT THE MOTHERFUCKER GO!!!! scream all the impoverished ethiopians as the nigger flops and shouts for red card
>YES HOLY SHIT YES YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE says the scouser, watching it on TV
>posts on 4chan
>drinks semen
>gets taxed 50%
The greatest
>>
>>64516229
Touchdown
Advert
PAT
Advert
Kickoff
Advert
3 and out
Advert
Punt
Advert
>>
>>64518758
yes but there is nothing else to do besides watch Navy rip open a new hole on Pitt. luckily, major bowl games and NFL playoffs are coming up so we'll have other things to do besides berate soccerfags
>>
File: 1450647493161.jpg (162 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1450647493161.jpg
162 KB, 600x450
>>64515816
>our
>>
>>64515816

Nah, it's because they are the fedora wearers of the world.
>>
>>64516922
are you being retarded on purposed or that's the results of century on island inbreeding
>>
>>64518277

>Gringo don't want to run.

Why i am not surprised?.
>>
I like it, but that's probably because I'm latino. Liking soccer is in our blood
>>
>>64516229

>Watching a bunch of niggers hug at eachother and run for two minutes
>Masculine
>>
File: CXRqYaBUkAIliJ2.jpg:large.jpg (122 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
CXRqYaBUkAIliJ2.jpg:large.jpg
122 KB, 1024x768
>scoreless
but 0-0 is a score
>>
>>64520602

It's easier to score when you can reach the goal more often.
>>
>be american
>suck at all sports so you invent your own
>soon all the nignogs in your country are better than you at all of your own sports
>fortunately you enjoy seeing jamal and mombasa wear tight pants and jump on each other while consuming the products your jewish overlords tell you that you need
>get shot in the stadium parking lot
why do i have to be born in such a cucked country?
>>
>>64520740

If the goal is harder to get, the feel of achivement is greater. What's fun about scoring 70-40 if that is easy?.
>>
>>64520781

Scoring that high in soccer?

No way.
>>
>>64515883
this is why there's a stereotype of Americans not getting the point
>>
>>64520811

No, but i think those are the scores in handegg. Correct me if i'm wrong.

And you missed my point.
>>
>>64520682
>1st 14:59
extra poor bait
>>
>>64520864
You are wrong
>>
>>64520864

I'm saying even if you made the field smaller, the scores wouldn't go up that much.
>>
>200 replies
How can this many people fall for the portuguese ameriboo bait
>>
>>64516013
eh when there's goals being scored it's fun to watch because soccer games are really short
>>
>>64517646
This is a good idea, but 0-0 draw shouldn't be equal to a loss.

Should be:

2 points - Win
1 point - Draw with a score
0 points - Draw with no score
-1 point - Loss
>>
>>64516820
it does to us whites,anon.
>>
>>64517758
>>64517821
>>64517929
>>64518001
>>64518041
>>64518053
>>64518168
>>64518220
>>64518281

Thanks for the laff lads, top fucking kek 2bh
>>
>>64516442
>hyperbole
>uses 0-0 as a motif to claim football is boring
if 0-0's were so common (and therefore a recurring trouble that impedes the appreciation of the sport), bookies wouldn't refund it.

that itself is hyperbole.
>>
>>64516681
>centre back can't play as a winger

Who is Gareth bale?
>>
>>64524156
>being retarded with alzheimers

Bale was a shitty leftback before he got moved to the wing you absolute mongoloid
>>
>>64516997
>Why is the heck

Stopped reading right there
>>
>>64524367

I already caught my own typo. I even pointed it out.

It's two separate sentences put into one.
>>
>>64516516
good video lad
thanks for sharing

here, have a gold
>>
It hurts my brain every time I read the word football being said by americans when they are referring it to their sport. Why do they call it this way for fucks sake? To piss the brits?
>>
>>64524367

But let me ask you this.

Who is going to have the easier time coordinating?

A team scattered regularly in play at great distances, with infrequent pauses; or a team whose members are frequently in close proximity, and who have frequent pauses between actions?
>>
>>64524540

If you call it handegg, we're calling soccer Meandersphere.
>>
>>64524540

Because the pivotal action in American football is done with the foot.

The kickoff.
>>
>>64518718
>>64518810
top fucking kek
>>
>>64516516
>henry makes a living off punidtry

How is this allowed?

>>64524562

Look man these threads are pointless, absolutely pointless. Football is the perfect sport in every way. If you say you want to change something theres always going to a good reason why you shouldnt. Arguing about whats more entertaining however is just straight up retarded, because that is so not going to be an objective discussion no matter what. I like blue, you like yellow, lets argue about what colour´s the best, it doesn´t have a conclusion, never will have.

All sports are pretty stupid if you really think about it, but the great thing is you get to make up your own mind on what sport you find the least retarded or most entertaining.
>>
>>64524850

Yes, because we all know only white people play soccer.

Hypocrites complaining about how many black people play American football.

How many minorities around the world play soccer?
>>
File: tough questions.jpg (72 KB, 760x428) Image search: [Google]
tough questions.jpg
72 KB, 760x428
What will you do when football is over /sp/? I already really depressed and it's not even week 17 quite yet
>>
>>64524777
But the entirely rest of the game is played with the hands. That's just non-sense to me, I guess I'll never understand it the way you do.
>>
>>64524931
i was laughing at both posts family
>>
>>64525004

It's most likely historical in reason.

American football is to a degree derived from Association football and rugby, influenced by elements of Canadian football (before the two pursued different courses of evolution).
>>
>le run around for 10 seconds and hug each other game.
I'm willing to bet atleast 50% of football players are closet homosexuals
>>
File: 1427242011529.jpg (51 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1427242011529.jpg
51 KB, 396x385
>tfw a BSA replies to you
>>
>>64525099
I get it now, thanks bro.
>>
>>64525314

let me show you proper squat technique

t. Mark Rippetoe
>>
>>64525409

You're welcome.

"American football evolved in the United States, originating from the sport of rugby football. The first game of American football was played on November 6, 1869, between two college teams, Rutgers and Princeton, under rules based on the association football rules of the time.[2] During the latter half of the 1870s, colleges playing association football switched to the Rugby code, which allowed carrying the ball. A set of rule changes drawn up from 1880 onward by Walter Camp, the "Father of American Football," established the snap, eleven-player teams, and the concept of downs; later rule changes legalized the forward pass, created the neutral zone, and specified the size and shape of the football."
>>
AusGODS don't like it because it's associated with diving, being soft in general and doesn't define our sporting culture (compared to Aussie rules, cricket, rugby leagye and even rugby union). It's mainly followed by wogs, arabs and turks here
>>
>>64525819
Nobody cares about Australia.

BSA's are talking. Be quiet.
>>
>>64525847
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>64525847
Moortugal pls. Shouldn't you be asleep? gotta fill in those job applications tomorrow
>>
File: 1450210589225.jpg (77 KB, 687x535) Image search: [Google]
1450210589225.jpg
77 KB, 687x535
>>64526018
>>64526049
WE
>>
portugal with the sense of humor/irony and solid banter

brazil and australia with the damage control shitposts
>>
>>64520864
You are wrong.

BUILD WALL.
>>
>>64526122
t. alberto barbosa
>>
>>64526199

australia, your shitposting is undisputed GOAT tier, but once you betray your legitimate butthurt it falls apart. just take the L and regroup.
>>
>>64525819
>>64526049
>>64526199
Good posts
>>
>>64516335
Well. Fuck. Touché
>>
>>64516890
>who are big ben and aaron rodgers
Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.