[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all finally agree that this guy is overrated? At best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 14
File: 89788.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
89788.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
Can we all finally agree that this guy is overrated?

At best he'll be remembered as an all-time great Defender like Scottie Pippen.

Also if Kobe had never raped that chick LeBron would of never got the media hype he got.
>>
I agree on the defense thing. LBJ is definitely an all-time great defender like Gary Payton and Pippen.
>>
If Lebron were to make another finals appearance and lose, he'd become a joke.
>>
>great defender
>LeBron

the only thing he can defend is his teammates from tiny white women
>>
LOL, he'll be top 5 in every stat that matters when it's all said and done. Only MJ will be above him.
>>
>>64499047

lol no.

he's already seriously declining this season.
>>
>>64498764

Lebron has put up monster numbers and carried shitastic teams for 10+ years now. People take him for granted. People praise kobe, but we saw what he could do with teams on the same level as those cavs teame
>>
>>64498764

Depends on how many rings he finishes with

Right now, he's a fringe top 10 player. I have MJ, KAJ, Magic, Bird, Russell, Wilt, Kobe, Duncan, Hakeem, Big O, The Admiral, Shaq over him, and I'd probably missing some others.

Like it or not, the fact that he joined up with two other superstars to win 2 rings will ultimately hurt his legacy, especially if he never wins a title in Cleveland.

If he had stayed in Cleveland and won just 1 ring, it would have catapulted him to top 10 all time no question and cleveland fans would consider him a GOAT over Jordan.
>>
>>64499112
Easier to carry teams in the Least
>>
>>64499121
>depends on how many rings he has
>isn't top 10
>has oscar robertson, david robinson, wilt above him
>>
>>64499112
>easiest conference ever
>bailed on a team twice and handpicked the perfect team and teammates each time
HURRR HE HAD NO HELP
>>
>>64499112

he currently has two all-stars and one of the best defenders in the league on his team.
>>
>>64499206
>one of the best defenders in the league on his team

uhh...
>>
>>64499262

Shump maybe?

Dunno who else he could be talking about.
>>
>>64499262
>>64499358

multiple NBA players have said that Delly is the best defender they have gone up against. Just look what he did to Curry in the finals.
>>
>>64499388

The starting sg on the thunder is a better defender than delly.

Seriously.
>>
And honestly, if the Cavs can't win with this line up this year I can't see them winning for the next 15 years or even more. Lebron's best year was last year, Love is getting older, and the Cav's are very momentum based. In between the 90's Price/Daugherty days and Lebron's rise, the Cav's had a low fan base due to the dominance of the Brown's in Cleveland. They might not have the money to keep it up
>>
>>64499431
chatsports.com/cleveland-cavaliers/a/Bradley-Beal-Says-Clevelands-Matthew-Dellavedova-Is-The-Best-Defender-Hes-Played-Against-6327
>>
I bet he regrets leaving Miami.
>>
>>64499047
>he'll be top 5 in every stat that matters when it's all said and done

>points
no argument, he might end up top 3

>rebounds
he'd have to average 10 rebounds a game for the next 6 years to even make the top 25. not happening

>assists
he'd have to average 6.5 assists for 7 years to make the top 5. not happening

>steals
he'd have to average 1.5 steals for 6 years to make the top 5. not happening

>blocks
cba even counting, he'd have to average like 6 blocks per game for the rest of his career to even sniff top 5

So the only stat in which he's going to be top 5 are points. Unless he magically sustains numbers that are close to his career average until he's like 38
>>
>>64499121
Wade will have finished with more rings than Lebron or at worst, equal to.
>>
>>64499532

Why did he even leave? Honestly.
>>
He's the best player of his generation, but his time appears to be over and he's not a top 5 player anymore. He's not overrated except by retards who say he's a top 10 player all time.
>>
>>64498966
>an all-time great defender
i don't know about that, now. his "great defense" window was pretty short, honestly. his prime was '09-'14, and that's really the only time his defense was great. he's was really good, but i don't know if you can call him an all-time great based off 4 or 5 years
>>
>>64499601
Prime DWade probably out shines him.
>>
>>64499107
>>64499601

>in decline
>25 pts, 7 rebs, 6 ast, 1 stl, 49% fg

shit I'd take that decline all day
>>
>>64498764
I'm glad honestly, I want to see him lose again in the Finals to the Spurs or Golden State to really solidify it. It also be great to see a solid Mavs team break the young buck again

He can thank Dwayne Wade for one of his rings seriously
>>
how can anyone say hes not top 10 all time? 2 ships, 2 FMVP, 6 finals appearances, 4 MVP, scoring title, 9x all nba first team, 5x all defensive first team, career averages of 27/7/7 on 50% shooting.

10 people over those accolades? lebron haters get more retarded every day
>>
>>64499388
That's because he comes off the bench and can dedicate all his energy to being active on the court, look what happened when he had to start in the finals, he wore himself out, he's a great 6th man defender but in order to keep up his high octane defense he needs to get a lot of rest on the bench
>>
File: aniggin.jpg (25 KB, 341x339) Image search: [Google]
aniggin.jpg
25 KB, 341x339
>>64498764
this guy was a regular in the finals throughout much of his career(which isn't over yet) and he lost to some of the best teams of all time.

i can't believe anyone is dumb enough to think he won't be remembered as one of the greatest of all time players, especially at his position. night and day with pippen.
>>
>>64500069
just idiots who think its better to lose in the playoffs in earlier rounds than losing in the finals.
>>
>>64500069
Yeah Pippen was just as regular in the Finals throughout his career in a tougher conference and won against some of the toughest teams of all time.
>>
>>64499599
muh legacy.

And because Pat Riley overshadowed him. Seriously. Lebron couldn't make the same demands he makes in Cleveland down in Miami because Pat Riley runs the show with authority. Which ultimately is a silly reason for Lebron because look at how Pat Riley has already rebuilt the Heat without him.
>>
>>64500096
the warriors and spurs are both better than any team the bulls faced in the finals. and pippen happened to have some help on his team that lebron never had anyone even close to. you're so delusional that i'm going to have to assume troll.
>>
>>64500096
>won against some of the toughest teams of all time.
No they didn't, the best teams they played were in the Eastern Conference Finals and they lost a ton of those series'
>>
>>64499599
because Riley wasn't willing to suck his cock like Gilbert
>>
all the annoying people i know are lebron fans and all the respectable people are kobe fans, so that should tell you what you need to know
>>
>>64499953
>10 people over those accolades? lebron haters get more retarded every day
stats aren't everything. you can sit there and list accolades similar to that for a LOT of players. a lot of players that time has forgotten, too. lebron is an all-time great, but he's going to have to keep up the pace for another few years to be a top 10. it's not just having the ability to fill up a stat-sheet that makes you great
>>
>>64500439
lebron is already top 3 all time - get over it
>>
>>64500439

But being a chucker who rode the top big men in the league is?
>>
>>64500308
You're obviously not from LA if you think Kobe fans are respectable, so your friends must be cock riding faggots. Both Lebrun and Kobe fans are insufferable
>>
>>64500193
>the warriors and spurs are both better than any team the bulls faced in the finals
there's no way to prove that.
>>
>>64500491
Jordan Jerry and Oscar are all better
>>
>>64500491
'fraid not. MJ, magic, kareem. the only way lebron could pass them is if he built a time machine and went back in time to re-do his entire career.
>>
>>64500491
How are Tim Duncan, Jordan and Magic Johnson not all better than Lebron?
>>
>>64500491
He'd have to be at least the best small forward of all time to be a top 3 all time player
>>
unfortunately these type's of discussions are decided in the realm of public opinion, so all your own retarded opinions actually mean nothing.

It's who ESPN want to push as the best of all time that your common pleb will believe to be true, not a bunch of fat autists on an imageboard who have literally never played competitive basketball in their life
>>
>>64500552
there's no way to prove anything in these discussions, but the spurs accomplished more than any team MJ beat, save for the 1991 run. And the Warriors have been overwhelmingly validated by advanced metrics, if you put any stock in those. That's the closest to objectivity as you can get.
>>
>>64500660
hope lebron pays you to suck his dick that hard
>>
>>64500582
lebron is magic with elite scoring and defense

lebron > magic
>>
Kids won't know Lebron in ten years but they'll know Jordan and Kobe
>>
>>64498764
>Scottie Pippen
>all-time great Defender

Pick one. its pretty easy to defend when the rest of the players on the court are all fixated on what Michael Jordan is doing.
>>
>>64500668
Spurs are definitely one of the GOAT teams and GSW have the potential the be one of them too.

But is "losing to GOAT teams" really an argument for someone being one of the best ever?
>>
>goes to the Finals and loses
>Wow dude that's totally wicked!
The generation where they give trophies for participating
>>
>>64498764
>Woudln't've of have of
>of have of
>have of
>of
>would of never
>of of of
>>
>>64500756
no, but people who refuse to understand things in context shouldn't be taken seriously in a discussion.
>>
>>64498764
>literally top 10 player EVER
>overrated
yeah ok m8
>>
>Can we all finally agree that this guy is overrated?

No.
>>
>>64500918
Who started this Lebron is a top ten player of all time meme?
>>
>>64500961

Probably Lebron with his top 10 of all time play.
>>
>>64500991
Nope

Jordan
Wilt
Kareem
Russell
Hakeem
West
Big O
Bird
Magic
Duncan

Lebron is a top 50 all time player
>>
>>64501030
>west
>WEST
>W
>E
>S
>T
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 360x361) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 360x361
>>64498966
>>
Nigga Lebron aint got shit on the Warriors
>>
>Jordan, Pippen, John Stockton, Hakeem, Tim Duncan
>unselfish efficient basketball, willing to do anything to help the team win
>Lebron James
>im da best gimmedat hero ball, consistent missed free throws in the 4th quarter shoots under 40% in the finals guarded by a bench wing player
>>
File: 27.7.7.jpg (298 KB, 724x342) Image search: [Google]
27.7.7.jpg
298 KB, 724x342
he's a jack of all trades, master of none. that's why he might not end up being as memorable as someone like kobe or shaq, who are excellent at one thing and decent at others.

anyone here who pretends to know players before the 3-point-era like wilt, russell, west, oscar, is just lying. how many people here have watched a significant portion players like olajuwon magic and bird, even 90s players like jordan kobe and shaq?
>>
>>64500714
except magic was a better passer, facilitator, rebounder, and better team leader. and magic was no slouch on defense, either. he was a 2x leader in steals.
and lebron is only marginally better in scoring. magic never had to put up elite scoring numbers, because of his teammates. but he could points on the board with the best of them
lebron is literally objectively better than him in one category, and magic owns him in the rest
>>
>>64498966
wew lad
>>
Lebron>Bird

people will just insult me until they really look at shit. Fuck you in advance.
>>
File: average brit.png (133 KB, 268x288) Image search: [Google]
average brit.png
133 KB, 268x288
>>64501169
nobody respond to this dude please
>>
>>64501187
>master of none
except turnovers. he's mastered that, for sure
>>
>>64501222
Imagine if Magic never got HIV, even when he came back he was elite at PF
>>
>>64501169
>Stockton

lmaoooooooooooooooooooo yall gotta stop overrating these honkeys. Stockton was nice but don't nobody really be
>stockton was that nigga though
>>
>>64501244
Black men everybody
>>
>>64501306
>I automatically just say Larry Bird because....
>white
>>
>>64501326
>d-dat white boy can't play like us niggas, shieet he only won da MVP n shit three times
>#blacklivesmatter
>>
>>64501473
>Larry Bird, John Stockton, and Steve Nash are all time greats. Clean, efficient team ball. It hurts my feelings when the blacks have confidence and show individuality.
>>
>>64500491
Kobe is still better than LeHGH
>>
>>64501525
>we wuz hall of famers and shit nigga
>them white folks stole our MVPs
>>
>>64501222
>marginally better in scoring
lebron has much higher ppg and is right there on rebounds and steals. Lead in blocks, substantially lower assists, fewer turnovers. Magic was a higher % shooter and better from the ft line. Things look a bit better for lebron in the playoffs.

A lot of the shit you brought up wasn't objective and is hugely speculation. In reality, they aren't apples to apples comparisons.
>>
>>64501571
>blacks make me feel bad when they dunk and show off
>>
>>64498764
>LeBron
>all-time great defender

His defense is the most over rated aspect of his game. He gambles on D, and tends to flop a lot. He's a solid defender, but he sure as fuck isn't great.
>>
File: 1382169438430.gif (932 KB, 175x131) Image search: [Google]
1382169438430.gif
932 KB, 175x131
>NBA coaches, Hall of Fame players, and experts all rate Lebron as a top 10, possibly top 5 all time greatest
>fat neckbeards on 4chan who can't play a lick say otherwise

Who's opinions should I listen to /sp/?
>>
File: 1441688444545.jpg (60 KB, 599x450) Image search: [Google]
1441688444545.jpg
60 KB, 599x450
>>64501602
>lebron has much higher ppg
again, magic wasn't asked to score that much. he didn't need to. scoring isn't everything, ask allen iverson.
>right there on rebounds
lest we forget that magic is GUARD though. you take that into effect, that they played substantially different roles and yet magic still had more rebounds, it's really not even a competition.
>Things look a bit better for lebron in the playoffs.
you've got to be kidding me. magic went to 9 finals, and won 5. are you stupid are were you just born retarded?
what's lebron's records in the finals again? oh yeah
>2-4
>>
>>64501729
They have to say whatever helps the money keep flowing.

You decide who's more likely to tell the truth.
>>
>>64501729
>people on tv tend to overreact to people in the spotlight because it gives them more attention
breaking news, everyone! there's no way the people on tv could have a hidden agenda!
there's a reason this season has been all about stephen.
>>
>>64501729
Clearly the opinion of a bunch of internet jerkoffs who live off hot pockets know better.

/s
>>
>>64501729
>some guys on ESPN who's job is contingent upon hyping their product say if you buy tickets, league pass and gear now you'll be a part of history
That's the gospel
>>
>>64501784
I was talking statistically, obviously. And just pointing out that you brought up objectivity and were objectively wrong. Thanks for pointing out that they play very different roles, like i already explicitly pointed out.

Are you retarded my friend? because your comprehension seems severely stunted.
>>
File: lbj.jpg (166 KB, 1017x376) Image search: [Google]
lbj.jpg
166 KB, 1017x376
>>64501878
>>64501801
>>64501818
I believe you guys. Surely no one has said anything bad ever about Lebron on tv or radio before. Never ever.

Now how about these stats. Are these elite stats or are they "overrated"? Help me decide me lads.
>>
>>64501920
2-4

Advanced stats
>>
He's in the top 6-10 in terms of all-time. Everyone thought in the beginining that he was gonna just destroy everyone, win 7 championships and break every single record. 12 years after, he's made a damn good try to be Jordan 2.0, but he's been shown to be fallible. He's not even the current best player in the game anymore (that is Steph Curry right now, and get the fuck at me if you don't think so).
>>
>>64501920
42 minutes per game, 80 games played in his sophomore season at just 19-20 years old while averaging 27/7/7 with 2 steals shooting .472 from the field surely means nothing right?
>>
>>64499556
im just commenting to let you know i appreciate the dedication you put into this post
>>
>>64498764
I mean the nigga took the shitshow that was the Cleveland Cavaliers and got them to the finals in one season that has to count for something right?

Also heat went to shit as soon as he left so idk famalam
>>
>>64501246
whaaaat lebron james has at many points been unselfish to a fault, probably cost him a ring
>>
>>64498764
>would of
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>64501970
Don't forget the fact he needed to team up with other Allstars to win.
>>
>>64498764

That's a pretty retarded assertion you've made

1. Hakeem
2. Kareem
3. Shaquille
4. Jordan
5. LeBron

The fact you even bring up Kobe in the same thought shows you are completely ignorant of beautiful basketball
>>
Basically his legacy is tarnished, especially if he goes to the finals again and loses this year. Cavs/Heat dick riders will probably say just going to the Finals count but in terms of legacy people don't want to hear those excuses

He's gonna go down with an Elgin Baylor type legacy, one of the best small forwards of all time but not a potential GOAT

Especially when he played in the same period of time as Duncan and Kobe
>>
>>64502126
why are you pretending this isn't unique (or almost universal)?
>>
>>64502053
>he
>not trades for other allstars

Also the Heat had major injuries all season. You see their doing way better now healthy they just don't have fans
>>
>>64500756
Thing is Jordan played 1 GOAT team in Detroit and lost everytime til pippen stepped up
>>
>>64502126
>not 1 not 2 not 3
>>
>>64502037
Thank you, I felt it went underappreciated
>>
>>64501729
lol this. How salty can people be about this man?
>>
>would of
>>
>>64501030
Wilt and Russell played in Manlet NBA.

They weren't GOATs they were tall. Shaw is the only GOAT at the center position
>>
Love when retards say players from the 50s and 60s are better. They would get their ass kicked in today's game.
>>
>>64502248
Russell was only 6'9, Wilt was 7'1 and consistently beat by the little center
>>
>>64501169
>Jordan
>Hakeem
>not selfish

You can tell who was born after 95
>>
>>64502276
Not if they went through the same training as players of today have...
>>
>>64502188
>Thing is Jordan played 1 GOAT team
see >>64501784
only person to eliminate more 50+ win teams is kobe. jordan's list of fallen enemies reads like a hall of fame booklet
>>
>>64502248
>get demolished by Olajuwon
>only GOAT

born in 2001 I see
>>
>>64502276
Not with PEDs
>>
>>64502173
What allstars left their team to play with other stars? Besides Love no one else has done this recently. Please don't say LMA because Duncan is way past his prime and Kawahii is still developing.
>>
>>64502248
>Wilt
>Russell

The average height of a center in their day was 6'11", and they didn't lie about height back then like they do today.
>>
>>64502276
wilt could grab coins off the top of the backboard without modern training while wearing chuck taylors
>>
>>64502308
>this arbitrary 50 win threshold is the difference between shit and goat teams

besides 91 with the pistons/lakers, was anyone the bulls beat as good as the spurs lebron beat?
>>
>>64498764
Think of it this way, nobody even likes Lebron today. Imagine the historical revisionism you'll see in another few decades, 2010s belong to Curry 2000s to Kobe and Duncan
>>
>>64502350
That distinction has zero to do with the quality of accomplishments. Bringing it up just reeks of nitpicky butthurt
>>
>>64502363
The knicks, celtics, jazz, sonics
>>
>>64502350
KG
Ray Allen
Drexler
Dennis johnson
Karl Malone
Gary Payton
>>
File: dalai lelma.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
dalai lelma.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>64502423
thanksm8
>>
>>64502362
He also fucked 20,000 different women, amirite?

>believing memes pioneered before the internet
>>
>>64502308
No it doesn't. He beat niggas like Charles Barkley and Gary Payton.... These niggas are barely top 50.

Lebron went up against Duncan, Kobe, and curry. Jordan bitched like a little girl his whole career....still the GOAT
>>
Kreay is streaming boys.

GamerMom420.
>>
>>64502384

kobe is going to look like shit under the spotlight of history. He was a chucker that only ever won when carried by the top big men in the league
>>
>>64502363
>was anyone the bulls beat as good as the spurs lebron beat?
the '14 spurs aren't even as good as the '15 spurs he lost to the next year.
and "lebron" didn't beat shit. ray allen is the lone reason he has a 2nd ring. let's not forget that they literally had the trophies ring side in game 6, that's how close it was to going the other way. if it weren't for ray allen, lebron would be 1-5 right now, and we wouldn't even be having this conversation because literally no one would be dumb enough to believe lebron is GOAT material.
>this arbitrary 50 win threshol
except for the fact that this is tangible evidence that lebron has had a cakewalk in the playoffs every year, while jordan and kobe had to dredge through literally the best of the best the sport had to offer
>>
>>64502441
Nice thoughtful response
>>
>>64502440
I said recently dumbass and all those players were past their prime
>>
>>64499107
>implying he gives a shit about his regular season stats anymore
All he cares about now is April to June at this point of his career
>>
>>64502313
I don't like this meme.

Shaq averaged something like 28/13/6.5 on .600 shooting during that finals series
>>
>>64502313
In his what 2nd year against the best center of a generation.

By that logic Dumars is better than Jordan
>>
>>64502470
>No it doesn't. He beat niggas like Charles Barkley and Gary Payton.... These niggas are barely top 50.
when trolling, it helps to make your statements at least some what plausible. if you go full retard like this, the trolling is easy to spot
>>
>>64502481
Nah Kobe already looked at as the closest thing in the league to Jordan since him, Lebron can't catch him in jersey sales let alone success in their career field
>>
>>64502350
>kawhi is still developing

lol he is one of the best in the league already.
>>
>>64502470
to be fair, he closed the door on the celtics-pistons-lakers era that absolutely swamped MJ in ways that revisionists don't understand. Nonetheless, jordan deserves credit for besting those dudes. his next 5 weren't outrageous, though littered with undeniably good players.
>>
>>64502350
Kawhi is unironically winning MVP this season desu senpai
>>
>>64502484
I got to lone reason and stopped reading because you are retarded.
>>
>>64502519
You seriously thin Barkley or Payton are top 25 guys??? Please they were back page shit at best.

The NBA was weak in the 90s and MJ took advantage
>>
>>64502485
you tried to rank knicks, jazz, sonics in the same league as the spurs. Does that warrant a thoughtful response?
>>
>>64502569
Wat
>>
>>64502584
It would if you understood the sport.
>>
>>64502556
except if that 3 pointer had missed, the spurs would have won. so yes, literally (in every sense of the word literally) ray allen is the lone reason they won the series
>>
>>64502533
But his early career was losing to those teams. He NEEDED pippen.

I never understand how people can knock Lebron for understanding he can't do it alone.

Real talk if wade moved to Cleveland would his legacy be different?
>>
>>64502502
you said "What allstars left their team to play with other stars?" and I provided it fuccboi
>>
>>64502611
you can literally (in every sense of the word literally) say the same thing about every shot that was made that game, you dumbass.
>>
>>64502585
If you think Barkley, Payton or Malone are even top 5 at there position you are delusional
>>
>>64502605
you sure got me there.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 320x320
>>64502646
Ok Cletus I'm sorry if you can't read senpai
>>
>>64500668
You ever think the reason those teams weren'the more accomplished was because of the bulls? Especially those jazz teams
>>
>>64502645
oh for sure, people who complain about lebron playing with other top players are just huffing bayless paint and have an alarmingly limited awareness of history.
>>
>>64502722
i considered it, but they lacked the longevity of the spurs and didn't manage to win anything when MJ went away in the midst of the bulls run. So that argument is the best you have, its complete conjecture, and its weak.
>>
>>64500740
Ask Tony kukoch how good a defender he is
>>
>>64502646
It's clear this is some autist or underage attempting to troll
>>
File: Smug Bong.jpg (30 KB, 416x600) Image search: [Google]
Smug Bong.jpg
30 KB, 416x600
>>64502711
You only said besides love nobody has done this recently. What you didn't say was "What allstars recently left their team to play with other all stars"
>>
LeBron is top 5 already

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Magic
5. LeBron
6. Wilt
7. Duncan
8. Bird
9. Kobe
10. Shaq
11. Hakeem
12. Robertson
13. West
14. Moses
15. Erving
>>
The only thing that matters ultimately is the chip. Go up to any kid at your university who's into the game and they can't tell you specifically how many accolades individual players have won. But everyone knows Kobe has 5 MJ has 6, Duncan has 5.

We're talking legacy, Lebron will be known for having won 2 in Miami and being unable to bring any back home. Him, Wade and Bosh will be seen as back to back champions but Lebron is not going to be remembered as a top ten player when so many players have been much more successful in the Finals than himself
>>
>>64498764
>all-time great defender

no way. i mean he was really good for a while but never even close to pippen.

hell i'd even argue that kobe had more elite defensive seasons than bron bron has.
>>
>>64502958
lol Tim Duncan is way above Lebron and it's not even close
>>
>>64503009
>casuals won't think he's quite as great based purely on championships

maybe, and fair enough. your forecast won't be relevant until after he's dead, most likely. Until then he'll be treated as royalty and be super wealthy because he's recognized by casuals as a great.
>>
>>64498764
>Can we all finally agree that this guy is overrated?
Most manufactured super star of all time
>>
>>64503063
He'll get treated like Clyde Drexler and Elgin Baylor by casuals in another decade, not at all like Jordan or Kobe
>>
>>64503112
clyde and baylor never ever had anything approaching lebron's star power during their careers.
>>
>>64498764
I agree that he is overrated (projected to be GOAT but isn't), what I don't agree is everyone selling him off as a bum.
>>
>>64503156
You'll be able to walk up to him at his chain soul food restaurant and take photos and talk about the game with him whereas Jordan and Kobe will laugh in your face if you try to get within their vicinity
>>
>>64500092
It is better. Better to not make the play offs at all than to lose in the Superbowl.
>>
File: 1430885178979.gif (994 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1430885178979.gif
994 KB, 250x250
>>64499121
>the fact that he joined up with two other superstars to win 2 rings will ultimately hurt his legacy
Why?

You people act like guys like MJ were playing with a bunch of scrubs when they got their rings.
>>
Daily reminder people shit on Marino for not leaving to win an owl, but Lebron is a shitty person for doing it
>>
>>64503220
while i doubt this, i hope its true because it made me chuckle
>>
>>64503312
Well is Lebron WHITE!?
>>
>>64500614
Magic didn't play defense and was on stacked teams and Duncan was never objectively the best player in the league.
>>
>>64503285
Lebron left to join a superstar and convinced another to join him in Miami. MJ and Pippen were drafted by Chicago and developed their games together.
>>
>>64503312
>blacks and 4chan users
>people
>>
>>64503347
>was on stacked teams
So was LeBron ever since 10/11

>Duncan was never objectively the best player in the league
Except that he was in 02-05
>>
>>64503390
>draft a top 50 all time player
>play with the best 3 pt shooter ever (perhaps 2nd now)
>get an exceptional defender/rebounder who has no interest in scoring

its all the same shit dude.
>>
>>64503390
So we're going to shit on the guy because he didn't get drafted into money situation?
>>
You guys are acting like LeBron's 2015 final's performance never happened.

Caveman basketball is GOAT. The Cavs will destroy the Warriors in the finals this year.
>>
>>64503431

>02-05

nigger are you high? He wasn't even the best PF at that time. KG peaked higher than duncan
>>
>>64503480
>Lose to the Warriors with all your starters while they're missing Barnes, missing key free throws in the 4th quarter
>get blown out by 40 by the Trailblazers without Damian Lillard, the team with the smallest payroll in the NBA demolishing the team with the greatest
Why are Cavs fans so delusional? Spurs and Golden State will shit on your team again this year and it will be hilarious, what excuse this year?
>>
>>64503526
One of them filled up the stat sheet during the regular season on a shit team before getting swept in the 1st round, the other averaged 25/16/5 during a championship run.

I'm taking the other one any day
>>
>>64503469
Right! MJ forced Chicago to draft a high quality defender. He was ready to bounce
>>
I think everybody knows his over rated by now. Couple years ago did you see all those fucking comparassi n to mj. Hahaha it stopped. His lbj 2-4 hahahahababba
>>
>>64501169
As far as superstar basketball players go, Lebron is as unselfish as they come. Only player I can think of that's less unselfish and is in the convo for top 10 all time is Tim Duncan
>>
>>64503592
David Robinson was the most important player on that team. He put them navy ethics in San Antonio
>>
>>64503544
Those are regular season games. Who gives a fuck? It's all about the post season. Do you watch the NBA, like at all?
>>
>>64503670

He and duncan really were championship bigmen. They both understood what needed to be done to win.
>>
>>64503679
>t-they lost on purpose
All a part of their master plan, huh?
>>
>>64503701

They didn't lose on purpose but a goddamn regular season game in december doesn't really mean anything
>>
>>64503692
Agreed I was living in San Antonio at the time. Duncan-robinson- Elliot was a big boy combo. River walk celebrations were amazing
>>
>>64499556
Top quality post
>>
>>64499556
lol niggas will just say anything on /sp/ regardless of whether or not it's true, Lebron stans btfo again
>>
>>64503480
Kyrie Irving can't play D, steph curry shit on dellavedova even tho delli was playing D on curry like his life depended on it
>>
>>64503526
Dirk nowitzki was better than Duncan around that time to. I think the best player around that time tho was Allen Iverson
>>
>>64503784

There was no ego, no need to be the big dog.

They gelled so well in the post they were truly unstoppable.

Was beautiful to watch the few times I was down in the US for work.
>>
>>64502958
How can you rank EJ above James and James above Bird when EJ said time and time again that Bird was the better player than he was?

Explain your logic with this, please.
>>
>>64503870
You were incredibly lucky no 2 big men will ever do it again.
I was lucky enough to go to the Alamo some during those days. Remember pretty clearly a fight between the Spurs and lakers where Kobe literally was thrown 10 feet from the pile. He will always be a little bitch in my eyes
>>
>>64504029
Dome*
>>
>>64504029
>>64504041

If only times were different back then, so I could have seen more matches. I saw about four NBA games during that era and two of them were spurs games.

At least now I can watch the team I like anytime I want now that my son hooked me up with the streaming sites.

Your generation is extremely lucky with all this technology so you never miss a game ahah. It was hell for non-us nba fans to see games.
>>
>>64499750
Prime DWade had one of the best seasons ever, but 12-13 Bron is arguably THE best season ever
>>
Watching the things Lebron can do is amazing, and I really don't like him. Probably one of if not the best passer in the last 10 years behind Nash.
I think he goes top 10. Easily. Think about it, he's in his mid 30s, going through a decline and when he's giving 100% he's still the best player on both sides in the league.

My question is does Duncan also go in the top 10?
>>
>>64504539
>he's still the best player on both sides in the league.

I'd take Curry & Leonard over Lebron right now. When you have your entire team on alert on what a guy can do and everyone is reacting to one player you are the best player in the league. Curry is the new Jordan.
>>
>>64504772

The comparisons are stupid. Jordan and Currys game could not be more different.

Curry is up there in superstar status (and I hope he has a good and long career) but there must be better comparisons for Curry than Jordan cause they literally play nothing alike.
>>
>>64504772
>Curry is the new Jordan.

Did he win the DPOY the same year as the MVP? Did he even win Finals MVP? Has he even made an all defensive team?

There's more to basketball than just offense kid
>>
>>64504539
>My question is does Duncan also go in the top 10?

Nigga you can make an argument for Duncan being top 5 all time. He's the most skilled big men right next to Hakeem all time hence why he's called The Big Fundamental. Last season he was the most consistent player in the Clippers series and keep in mind he's 39 playing against the most athletic team in the league. The things he's doing at his age are insane. He is literally this generation Kareem in terms of longevity and most people have Kareem #2 all time.
>>
>>64504915
Jordan
Kareem
Magic
Duncan
Oscar Robertson
Hakeem
Kobe
Russell
Bird
Jerry West
>>
>>64498764

He'll be top 5 all time, but never be in the same sentence as MJ.

/thread
>>
>>64504974
He will be in the same sentence if someone asked you "Can you use the top 5 basketball players of all time in the same sentence?".
>>
>>64498764
You're wrong, it's not up for discussion bro, you know nothing about ball if you really think that he's not the truth.
>>
>>64504942
Idk about Magic being top 5 man. I know he revolutionized his position and hes an icon but he contributed nothing on the defensive end. To me a top 5 player ALL TIME had to have dominated both ends of the floor and for that I leave him out of the top 5.
>>
>>64500439
no you could not. 4 MVPs, 27/7/7 career averages over 12 years, 6 finals appearances, 2 finals mvps, 5x all defensive first teams? Who are these "a lot" of players who have accolades even similar to this? Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson? Because they are also in the top 10.
>>
>>64505084
Wrong again, you all argue just to argue, because there is no truth in what I keep reading. Magic brought to the NBA the global icon. That is less about the sport than marketing and making the NBA global, but a lot of foreigners first foray into Nba was the showtime Lakers. Magic paved the way for all these dudes you see now. His defense is completely a moot point as far as what he means to the NBA. Learn something peons.
>>
>>64505116

>People arguing about top 10 PLAYERS of all time using PLAY as the barometer for the list.
>muh icons

Fuck off kid.
>>
>>64505116
>defense doesnt matter because he was important

good lord
>>
>>64505116
>Magic brought to the NBA the global icon

but you're wrong. magic brought the NBA back to life but only in the US. Jordan was the one who made the NBA a global sport which is why he was the most popular player in the 92 Olympics.
>>
You Aussie fuck, stay to the Aussie rules football because you ain't shit, and know nothing, as far as what he did basketball wise, let's see.... Changed the position, ushered in the age of the do it all 1-5 position player a la LeBron. Was the most gifted passer of all time. Won the chip as a rookie starting at center etc etc etc etc. Find something better to debate you retard. You know nothing.
>>
>>64504539
>when he's giving 100% he's still the best on both sides

When is he ever giving 100% besides playing offense against the Spurs?

The nigga doesn't play defense at all if he doesn't get a foul call and you can always see him just standing around mean mugging letting the opponents get a 5v4...hell he actually walked off court like a bitch cause he didn't get a call.

His whole game now is jumpers or passing.

His decline is amazingly quick and by ASG he's going to be gassed like usual.

Everyone is still afraid of him because of his name but you still see Kawhi going almost full court press on his ass and still locking him down while dropping 20
>>
>>64505207

>Defense is a moot point

:^)
>>
>>64505207
what about his defense?
>>
>>64505218
Keep at it clown, you are wrong and not arguing something that is debatable. Magic is a god in the NBA, always has, always will be. You nitpicking his lack of footspeed and lateral quickness won't change that. Sorry boyo, but I am right.
>>
>>64505256

>Defense is a moot point

(^:
>>
>>64505256
bro we are talking top 5 ALL TIME here. I repeat, ALL TIME. Someone with 0 defensive impact cannot possibly be in the top 5 greatest players of ALL TIME.
>>
>>64505231
What about it? He was tall, thick, and moved slowly laterally. He also was a poor shooter with awful form. Doesn't change the fact that he is an icon, changed how the game was played, was incredible at what he did well, and will always be seen as one of the best ever. End of story.
>>
>>64498764
To me he's on the Julius Erving/Wilt level. Athletic freak who achieved plenty, but never quite found his final form.

Ahead of guys like:
>Dirk
>KG
>Pierce

Behind
>Kobe
>Shaq
>Duncan
>>
>>64505287
Oh so some nerds on 4chan think he is number 6 on some arbitrary list? Well golly! Guess that changes everything!
>>
>>64505310

>Is also a nerd on 4chan arguing his arbitrary list based on muh icons vs other arbitrary lists based on all round play
>Thinks he's not retarded

Well golly! Guess that changes everything!
>>
>>64505325
I have no list, I never mentioned my list because I am not a peon. Be plebs, do beta things, and say pussy things. It tickles me to interact with you.
>>
>>64505289
>He was tall, thick, and moved slowly laterally. He also was a poor shooter with awful form
I know, that's why he's not top 5.

>changed how the game was played
No he didn't. The game was big men oriented throughout the 80s, 90s, and half of the 00s.

>and will always be seen as one of the best ever
Yeah I know, just not top 5.
>>
>>64505353

>People talking about top 5 players
>Barge in with muh icons as if it's relevant at all
>p-p-peons!!!

Jesus christ.
>>
>Kobe dick riders still think Kobe will be remembered as being better than Bron

kek

KEK

HAHAHAHAHA fuck, just kill yourselves already. The old man Kobr is finished
>>
>>64505353
>Be plebs, do beta things

bro you're a namefag on an anonymous imageboard.
>>
File: i.png (116 KB, 350x254) Image search: [Google]
i.png
116 KB, 350x254
>my face when LeCuck dickriders tried to tell me that LeCuck is better than the Chef Curry
>>
>>64502958
>Shaq top 10

Okay, so why don't I see Dirk in the top 10 as well?
>>
>>64499388
this sounds like bullshit, dellys trash
>>
>>64505396
5>2

Kobe is going down in history as the second best shooting guard of all time, Lebron is going out one of the most hated with a horrific finals win ratio
>>
>>64501030
>no Kobe
Way to Just let everyone know you don't know shit
>>
>>64499556
Lebronfags deserve the rape of this post
>>
>>64499121
>ringfags

Is there anyone more insufferable? I think LeBron is overrated but I cant bear to even read posts like this.
>>
I judge NBA top by how much of an impact a player had on modern basketball.
Lebron would probably not be inside top 10.
We are still to see what his decline will look like but I doubt someone with that many unmet expectations will be able to change that much.
>>
>>64502645
The difference was the bulls drafted Pippen. LeBron had to leave and join up with 2 other established elite players.
Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.