[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are no easy games in the Premier League Can we stop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: pep.jpg (47 KB, 634x404) Image search: [Google]
pep.jpg
47 KB, 634x404
>There are no easy games in the Premier League

Can we stop with this meme already. It's because the top teams are mediocre

Imagine how easy Newcastle, Villa, Sunderland, West Brom etc would be for Barca and Bayern. If City and Arsenal were actually good they would have 20 easy games a season.
>>
We all know this m8
>>
>>64456540

But haven't you heard, anyone can beat anyone because the quality is just so high all through the league. Norwich would finish in the top 4 in La Liga.
>>
>>64456459
>Imagine how easy Newcastle, Villa, Sunderland, West Brom etc would be for Barca and Bayern. If City and Arsenal were actually good they would have 20 easy games a season.

Yeah obviously when you have the best players in the world
>>
the elite clubs like bayern, barca etc are only good because they have the best players and managers, talk about cheap tactics
>>
>if teams were was better they would have easier games

Fuck me sherlock
>>
>>64456731
Well it's not exactly difficult to win games when you have a guaranteed 50 goals a season player no one else can compete with that
>>
>>64456671
>>64456751

Nobody mentions this when they want to shit on La Liga and Bundesliga. They assume English clubs would also smash Getafe and Augsburg every week. Protip: They wouldn't
>>
>>64456856
If a Barcelona squad at their absolute worst can do it I'm sure a more well rounded team can do it
>>
>>64456924
Barcelona at their worst has finished outside of the top 5, as has Real Madrid. These teams haven't been in a true 'bad' spot in any capacity for nearly (or over) a decade.

You should rather look at Atletico, a team who fight for the title and is around top3 every year who doesn't win nearly as easily as the other 2 (even if they do end up winning a lot). This team, in the last 2 years, has only lost in a CL knockout round to Real Madrid.
>>
>If City and Arsenal were actually good they would have 20 easy games a season.

so much this
>>
>>64456856
They absolutely would.
>>
>>64457626
I meant in terms of the squad Guardiola built where they won the league with 100 points despite Messi being injured and Xavi past it
>>
>>64456459
Newcastle and Villa would win Serie A m8
>>
>>64458244
>despite Messi being injured
They fell apart when Messi got injured but had the title wrapped up by then.

They won it because Messi went god mode and scored something like 29 goals in the first 19 games (Barcelona went 18-1-0 in those games IIRC)
>>
>>64458244
Messi only got injured after securing around 80 points for them. He was GOAT-tier that season.
>>
>>64456459
>>64456540
>>64456618
>Irish circlejerking
All I know is Shamrock Rovers would get 3rd in Lel Liga
>>
>>64458408
Italy isn't in Ireland, ameridumb.
>>
>>64456731
This, they poach all the best talent and destroy their leagues. Reason you dont see that is we have 4 giants. If the top clubs were only concentrated into 1/2 teams like buundles and la liga we would be dominating too.
>>
>>64458473
>4 giants

Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U and Spurs, right? I mean, Chelsea and Jihad City aren't giants.
>>
>>64456459
Pep is gonna get his bootyhole crushed at city,. This isnt like barca and bayen who already are cruising. He actually has a challenge here.
>>
>it's a "i'm jealous of the premier league so i'll slag it off on the internet" thread
>>
>>64456856
>Protip

cunt
>>
No one except Britbongs believes that.
>>
>>64456459
Barca and Real would actually have a chance to lose to bottom half teams in the PL don't kid yourself

Currently there's 0 chance of that happening in the Sunny SPL.
>>
>>64456459
>the premier league
>premier
pick one

Guardiola is going to stomp that shithole.
>>
>>64456459
nobody in PL is as good as the big 4-5 giants in europe, but the 15th team in the table got out of the group stage of the CL, so clearly there is more balance than currently exists elsewhere
>>
>>64458473
>le buy all le talent and destroy le league meme
Real Madrid have 4 players signed from La Liga clubs on their squad - Navas, Casilla, Ramos, Isco

Barcelona have 6 players signed from La Liga clubs on their squad - Alba, Adriano, Mathieu, Alves, Bravo, Rakitic

Bayern have 4 players signed from Bundesliga clubs on their squads - Neuer, Gotze, Rode, Lewandowski

In comparison City have 6 players signed from EPL, United have 10 and Liverpool have 12.

Top EPL teams are poaching many more players from their league than Barca/Bayern/Real
>>
>>64458651
>le truth that hurts post
ouch
>>
>>64458651
good post senpai
>>
>>64456459
Atletico could be able to defeat City or Arse on a good day.
>>
>>64458501
>Spurs
>Giant

Yeah a club who won their 2nd title over 50 years ago is a giant
>>
>>64458558
That's what Germans were saying about Klopp
>>
>>64458651
Go scrub my bathroom
>>
This statement makes no comment on the quality of the league, just that on any given day, any given team can win or lose, thus making none of the games easy.
>>
>>64458934
>responding with logic to a JF butthurt thread

lad...
>>
>>64456459
Barca and Bayern would finish 4th at best if they were in the EPL.

Fucking deluded Irish cunt.
>>
>>64458855
I'm doubting your statement considering the shit season dortmund had in his last year tobehonest
>>
>>64458989
No. They were saying that the Premier League is so in the dark ages that even though Klopp was found out last season he'd still be light years ahead of PL managers

>losing 3-0 to watford

Top lmao
>>
Premier League is shit
>>
>>64456731
And they have the best players/managers because they are elite clubs.
>>
>>64459166
Barca were absolute shite until they won the lottery with Messi
>>
>>64458651
Great post
>>
>>64458968

gr8 b8 m8

You have no argument so you just throw insults and make ridiculous statements.
>>
File: 148-Derp.jpg (31 KB, 412x549) Image search: [Google]
148-Derp.jpg
31 KB, 412x549
>>64458503
> Implying sustaining the level of a an elite team like Bayern/Barca isn't a challenge.

Did you gift away your brain during Christmas?
>>
>>64459259
Bayern guide to success
>Did we win the league? If no buy the 2nd best team's best player if yes buy the 2nd best team's best player
>>
West Brom would literally win La Liga every other year if they moved to Spain
>>
Even poor PL teams have attacking talent who can create something out of nothing against any team in the league. In La Liga every team outside of the top 5 is made up of literally who Manuels who haven't been paid for months and roll over the first goal they concede against the bigger teams.
>>
>>64456459
Yeah, but for the teams actually in the league there are no easy games because the competition is so close.

Who gives a shit if Bayern or Barca are better? The league is the most fun to watch because any result can happen.
>>
File: 1391430790827.jpg (31 KB, 317x293) Image search: [Google]
1391430790827.jpg
31 KB, 317x293
>>64456856
>mfw Wolfsburg shit all over Manure and Sevilla wins the europa league cup every year

yeah those lower la liga and bundesliga teams sure do suck compared to the lower english teams

fucking pasty deluded faggots
>>
File: Od5DNEY.jpg (48 KB, 941x733) Image search: [Google]
Od5DNEY.jpg
48 KB, 941x733
>>64459181
> Implying the core of one the best NT teams in history didn't play a part in Barca's success.

And that shit Barca team still won the CL in 2006.

>>64459291
Yet teams like Leverkusen, Dortmund, Mönchengladbach & Wolfsburg are still better than their EPL qounterparts.
>>
File: 1277503501111.jpg (54 KB, 571x570) Image search: [Google]
1277503501111.jpg
54 KB, 571x570
>>64456618
>>
>>64459325
fucking THIS
>>
>>64459402
>> Implying the core of one the best NT teams in history didn't play a part in Barca's success.
Evidently it didn't when Messi carried Barca to a record breaking 100 point season despite the rest of the squad being shit

>>64459402
>Yet teams like Leverkusen, Dortmund, Mönchengladbach & Wolfsburg are still better than their EPL qounterparts.
But they're not Chelsea BTFOd Leverkusen, Arsenal have BTFOd Dortmund, City BTFOd Monchengladbach

>>64459394
>Sevilla wins the europa league cup every year
No one cares about the Europa league that much should be evident when the most successful champions have only won it 3 times
>>
this season is a bad/extreme example

the point is, in germany and spain every single good player plays for only two teams, because they have all the money and buy all the talent

in the prem the talent is spread out amongst several teams, because there is money money
>>
File: 58f.jpg (155 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
58f.jpg
155 KB, 1680x1050
>>64459471
> Evidently it didn't when Messi carried Barca to a record breaking 100 point season despite the rest of the squad being shit

Your small & biased brain clearly doesn't remember that the likes of Iniesta, Alves, Alba, Valdes & Busquets also played very vell that season. And why didn't you mention the seasons between 2008-2012, when Xavi & Puyol were in their prime?

> But they're not Chelsea BTFOd Leverkusen, Arsenal have BTFOd Dortmund, City BTFOd Monchengladbach

City's/Chelsea's counterparts are Bayern/Dortmund. Arsenal/ManUnited's are Wolfsburg/Monchengladbach. And go look at the coefficient, dipshit.
>>
>>64456856
Getafe has one (1) internationally capped player.
Augsburg has fourteen (14) internationally capped players.
Aston Villa has fifteen (15) internationally capped players.

Lel Liga is dogshit
>>
>>64459725
>Your small & biased brain clearly doesn't remember that the likes of Iniesta, Alves, Alba, Valdes & Busquets also played very vell that season

No they didn't they were fucking shit and past it that's the whole reason they fell apart as soon as Messi got injured

>City's/Chelsea's counterparts are Bayern/Dortmund. Arsenal/ManUnited's are Wolfsburg/Monchengladbach. And go look at the coefficient, dipshit.
Okay and why the fuck does this matter your 3rd world degenerate?
>>
>>64459739
That's just because everybody in Spain is spanish
>>
>>64459799
I know, I'm obfuscating an argument with heavily biased out of context stats to ruin the discourse in this dead thread because I have a headache and have to work later so I'm doing my best to ruin other people's moods as well.
>>
File: 1394981604469.jpg (55 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1394981604469.jpg
55 KB, 400x300
>>64459394
I always feel Eva Green would give you a fair chance, as long as you could fuck her brains out. A true woman of the people.
>>
>>64459739
augsburg and aston villa made squads that were equipped to fight for europa league spots. aston villa is actually a pretty rich club too. getafe is a side that knows they're in it for a relegation battle every season and use youth players, guys from literallywho leagues, and reject players from other teams in the league.

plus they have at least 3-4 players who have had international caps. too lazy to look through every cap that every player theyve had has, but just by looking at them, scepovic, emiliano velasquez, mehdi lacen, and bernard mensah have all had caps for their countries. dont know where you're getting your international cap stats from
>>
>>64459471
>Arsenal have BTFOd Dortmund
lol what
>>
>>64459873
Well they have the better head to head so I'm not sure what more they can do
>>
EPLel is dogshit and that's coming from someone who watches a load of dritte Liga
>>
>>64459725
>Your small & biased brain clearly doesn't remember that the likes of Iniesta, Alves, Alba, Valdes & Busquets also played very vell that season
Every single one of them had an awful season in 12/13. The team went to shit the moment Messi went down. The PSG tie is the best example

>with Messi
>75 minutes of game time
>2-0 to Barcelona, Messi scores one, creates another

>without Messi
>105 minutes of game time
>1-3 to PSG, only scored from the spot
>>
>>64459871
see
>>64459827
I was sure not to include Velazquez, Scepovic, Vergini and Mensah because they are on loan
>>
File: 1320184662198.jpg (18 KB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
1320184662198.jpg
18 KB, 330x270
>>64459777
> No they didn't they were fucking shit and past it that's the whole reason they fell apart as soon as Messi got injured

As I said, your small & biased brain clearly doesn't remember. Iniesta was in the form of his life that season, Valdes too, until the 13/14 season. Alba/Alves were immense in attack & Busquets was dominating.

> Okay and why the fuck does this matter your 3rd world degenerate?

Because it's fucking logical, dumbass, to compare the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th best teams in the BuLi to EPL's 1st/2nd/3rd/4th best teams. Fucking hodor, go stuff gingerbreads up your ass.
>>
A brief review of the performance of english teams in continental competitions this season:

Southampton loses agg 1-2 to FC Midtjylland
Tottenham ties 1-1 with Monaco, loses 1-2 against Anderlecht
Liverpool loses agg 1-1 (pens 4-5) to Besiktas, ties 1-1 with Sion at home, 1-1 with Bordeaux, 1-1 with Rubin Kazan at home with 1 extra man
ManUnited loses 1-2, ties 0-0 with PSV after buying their best player, loses 2-3 to Wolfsburg
ManCity loses 1-2, 0-1 to a depleted Juventus
Arsenal loses 1-2 to Dinamo Zagreb, loses 2-3 to Olympiacos, loses 1-5 to Bayern Munchen
Chelsea loses 1-2 to Porto, ties 0-0 with Dynamo Kiev
West Ham wins agg 1-1 (pens 5-3) against Birkirkara, a team from MALTA, loses agg 3-4 against FC Astra Giurgiu
>>
>Implying that Leicester wouldn't walk the shitty yuropoor leagues

>Implying that Dele Ali isn't the best young English midfielder in the world

>Implying Ross Barkley isn't the new Messi

>Implying that Rooney isn't deliberately being bad so to lull yuropoors into a false sense of security for 2016

>Implying Norwich wouldn't walk Serie A

>Implying Crystal Palace wouldn't walk the Belgian Pro League

>Implying Chelsea aren't going to walk the Champions League

Absolute plebs.
>>
>>64459986

>b-b-b-but w-w-we don't c-care about e-europa
>>
>>64459953
>Because it's fucking logical, dumbass, to compare the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th best teams in the BuLi to EPL's 1st/2nd/3rd/4th best teams. Fucking hodor, go stuff gingerbreads up your ass.

No it's not logical because for one thing the English teams fluctuate in strength far more than the German league and most of them never play each other so it's wholly irrelevant but I wouldn't expect much intelligence from a retarded poor 3rd world faggot like yourself

>As I said, your small & biased brain clearly doesn't remember. Iniesta was in the form of his life that season, Valdes too, until the 13/14 season. Alba/Alves were immense in attack & Busquets was dominating.

Then clearly you need to rewatch the games where Messi was injured and see how well they coped as well as the excellent performance against Bayern
>>
>>64459986
>Arsenal loses 1-2 to Dinamo Zagreb, loses 2-3 to Olympiacos, loses 1-5 to Bayern Munchen
Love it
>Arsenal beats Dinamo Zagreb 3-0, beats Olympiacos 3-0 and beats Bayern Munich 2-0
>>
>>64458651
shit post

in spain all the good players play for barca or madrid

end of debate

if someone is good and going to play in spain, its for barca or madrid

that is the issue
>>
>>64459986
A brief review of the performance of the Brazilian national team at the 2014 world cup
>refball
>7-1
>>
File: keane.jpg (46 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
keane.jpg
46 KB, 600x450
YOU KNOW WHAT I AM FUCKING SICK OF ALL THIS FUCKING ENGLAND BASHING THAT GOES ON IN THIS BOARD IT IS BULLSHIT AND UNDESERVED AND YOU FUCKING AMERICUNTS KNOW THAT ENGLAND IS BETTER THAN YOU AT SOCCER IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD. FUCK YOU OP I WILL PERSONALLY TRAVEL TO YOUR HOUSE AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU TO WITHIN AN INCH OF YOUR LIFE WHILE YOU ARE IN YOUR BASEMENT AND YOUR WHITE TRASH PARENTS WATCH FROM THE STAIRS ABOVE BUT DON'T INTERVENE BECAUSE THEY SECRETLY WANT YOU TO DIE ANYWAYS BECAUSE YOU ARE A LEECH ON THEIR FINANCES. SERIOUSLY, I AM ACTUALLY ALMOST KIND OF IMPRESSED THAT YOU TOOK TIME OUT OF YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE OF FAPPING TO LANDON DONOVAN AND EATING PIZZA ROLLS TO TAKE THE 15 SECONDS YOU NEEDED TO COME UP WITH A FUCKING TROLL THREAD ON /SP/. I WOULD GIVE YOU A BLUNT OBJECT TO DEFEND YOURSELF WITH AND EVEN THOUGH YOU WILL HAVE LESS THAN A 1% CHANCE OF DEFEATING ME IN HAND TO HAND COMBAT I GUARANTEE THAT IT WILL MAKE FOR AN AMUSING TIME. SAGE
>>
>>64459895

Dortmund smashed them a couple of years ago no?

Anyway, what it comes down to imo is that Barca, Bayern and Madrid are better than the best English teams and apart from that the equivalent teams in each league are of a similar standard.

If you put those 3 in the PL they would have easy games most weeks not because they PL is poor but because they are so bloody good.
>>
File: 1316887541481.jpg (63 KB, 610x480) Image search: [Google]
1316887541481.jpg
63 KB, 610x480
>>64460009
> No it's not logical because for one thing the English teams fluctuate in strength far more than the German league and most of them never play each other so it's wholly irrelevant but I wouldn't expect much intelligence from a retarded poor 3rd world faggot like yourself

Yeah they fluctuate between being shit & very shit. Their quality becomes clear every time they play in EL & CL.

And seeing how much you pretend to know about Barca I doubt you actually know anything about BuLi.

> Then clearly you need to rewatch the games where Messi was injured and see how well they coped as well as the excellent performance against Bayern

> Then clearly you need to rewatch the games where Messi was injured and see how well they coped as well as the excellent performance against Bayern

So let me get this straight, you are making your conclusions form comparing a mentally & physically handicapped Barca team to a treble winning Bayern? Fuckin hell, you really are an imbecile.
>>
>>64458651

Barca and Real can only have so many players in their squad. All those PL players would have gone there instead if they needed them.
>>
>>64460259
>Yeah they fluctuate between being shit & very shit. Their quality becomes clear every time they play in EL & CL.

Why don't we compare how many EL and CLs Chelsea, United and Liverpool have won compared to Bayern, Dortmund and Monchengladbach then :^)

>So let me get this straight, you are making your conclusions form comparing a mentally & physically handicapped Barca team to a treble winning Bayern? Fuckin hell, you really are an imbecile.

And the league games? Also why do you get personal in every one of your posts do you not know how to converse with a human being?
>>
Reminder that the Valencia academy alone in the last 10 years produced more world-class players than every single "british" club.

Then again, any number is higher than "0".
>>
>>64456459
*There are no easy games in the Barclays Premier Leagueâ„¢

Fixed that for you OP.
>>
Is this the official 'international statto NERD thread'. ?? Because it looks like it is.
>>
>>64460407
Bale
Kane
Wilshere
Ramsey
Welbeck
Sterling

Yeah, nah, you're full of shit.
>>
>>64460481
Shaw
Smalling
Stones

Vardy too, if he counts in terms of age.
>>
>>64460481
>world class
Only Bale and Wilshere if he was actually always fit would count. The rest are memes on the level of Aduriz or Obamayang this season
>>
>>64460407
>being this wrong
7-1
>>
> there are people on /sp/ who actually like seeing the same one or two teams destroying a league by 50+ points year after year after year

Be honest, how is that even fun unless you're a scummy glory supporter? Premierships not even perfect as we have the likes of a money pumped City buying their way to trophies, but it's so far more unpredictable than the likes of the Spanish, French, and Portoguese leagues.
>>
>>64460406
> Why don't we compare how many EL and CLs Chelsea, United and Liverpool have won compared to Bayern, Dortmund and Monchengladbach then

How about we compare how many times the BuLi & EPL teams have reached the CL/EL last 16/32 since 10/11 (when the EPL decline properly started)?

> And the league games?

You mean the league that they won with 100p that season?

> Also why do you get personal in every one of your posts do you not know how to converse with a human being?

Because you've not yet shown that you deserve to be conversed with like a normal human being.
>>
>>64460552
>there are people on /sp/ who happen to like the sport of football rather than 'spectacle' and 'unpredictability'
The CL exists for that already and it also comes with the requisite elite level to be interesting
>>
>>64460552
They're jealous they'll never have a period of dominance comparable to ours with 1 team let alone 4
>>
>>64460597
>How about we compare how many times the BuLi & EPL teams have reached the CL/EL last 16/32 since 10/11 (when the EPL decline properly started)?

Okay go do that

>You mean the league that they won with 100p that season?

Yes I mean the season where they won loads of games in the first half then Messi got injured then they lost loads of games. That precise season

>Because you've not yet shown that you deserve to be conversed with like a normal human being.

Literal autism
>>
>>64460535
Dunno lad, I think you're just a little bit upset at how popular the EPL is and are trying to find a suitable stick to beat us with.

All I can say is, I really, really, really, REALLY doubt that clubs like Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool would be anything less than 2nd-3rd in the German or Spanish leagues. And yet in the EPL they are struggling to even make the top 5-6.

Says it all lad. Strength in depth. Anyone can beat anyone. Most competitive league in the world.

di Maria couldn't hack it either, yet he tore up Spain for fun.
>>
Why isn't it called the English and Welsh Premier League? Why do Swansea and Cardiff get this cucked?
>>
>>64460642
>write a lot
>say nothing
Why are Brits allowed to talk about this sport again? They're like if Americans had an unwarranted superiority complex
>>
>>64460642
>I really, really, really, REALLY doubt that clubs like Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool would be anything less than 2nd-3rd in the German or Spanish leagues
>Liverpool
>competing with Madrid/Barcelona
How can one person be this deluded? Try to remember the last time Real visited Anfield.

If you already forgot, it was 0-3 at halftime and Liverpool looked no better than Getafe, Sociedad or other shit teams Madrid batter on weekly basis
>>
Brits are stupid.
I hope Athletic de Bilbao beat manu again.
>>
>>64460748
What about before that season la
>>
>>64460748
Liverpool wouldn't compete with Barcelona/Madrid as they are at the moment, no, but they'd easily finish 3rd in that shit-tier league. That's what I said.
>>
>>64460784
The season when City, the English champions, lost both games vs the worst Barcelona side in years?

The season when Arsenal got curbstomped the moment they drew a decent team in the knockouts?

The season when Chelsea got knocked out by their feeder team - Atletico?

>>64460844
Atletico went to the CL final in 13/14 and to the quarter final in 14/15. That's better than any English team. They also have a league title in the last 2 years
>>
>>64460844
Liverpool is fucking awful. Lallana, Lucas, Origi, Benteke, Henderson, Sakho.. like holy shit they are worse than midtable Italian teams.
>>
>>64460844
>3rd
>Atletico de Madrid
>Celta
>Villareal
>Sevilla
Hell they didn't even win agains SION.
>>
>>64460872
No the season where Liverpool were actually competing for the title when they faced them and thus could actually be used as a valid comparison
>>
>>64460911
08/09? Well, EPL was actually good back then and it's quite irrelevant at this point as it's pretty much history. Might as well brag about English teams dominating the European Cup in the 70s/80s
>>
File: Cheltenham Festival - Day 2.jpg (24 KB, 615x410) Image search: [Google]
Cheltenham Festival - Day 2.jpg
24 KB, 615x410
>>64460872
>One time, a few years ago, a Spanish team did okay in a cup competition and got to the final and an English team didn't, therefore this Spanish team would clearly win more points in a 38 game league season and thus confirm that it is indeed significantly superior to its English counterpart. The English counterpart in question, being global icons such as Manchester United, Arsenal, Manchester City, Liverpool FC and Chelsea.

Yeah okay. That's ultimate straw clutching.
>>
>>64460939
You're comapring teams that aren't even competing for the title to the best teams in Spain
City would easily beat Atletico if they had a good manager and they're probably capable of doing it without the only reason they can't compete with the top 3 is because they don't have one of the 2 best players for nearly a decade
>>
>>64460901
yeah mate because the likes of getafe and real socidad are elite and full of class players...

Liverpool would comfortably win the Italian league and finish minimum of 4th in Spain. Maybe even 3rd.

Get over it.

I don't even like Liverpool, I fucking hate them but come on.
>>
>>64460970
Well, atletico is actually better than all those teams you listed
>>
OFFICIAL UNBIASED RANKING OF EPL AND LA LIGA TEAMS

1. Barcelona
--Power Gap--
2. City/Madrid
3. Arsenal
4. United
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool
7. Leicester (inb4 memes)
>Celta
>Villareal
>Sevilla
11. - 20. EPL teams.

And that's how a hypothetical league would end up.

In terms of club size?

1. Man United
2. Real Madrid
--Gap--
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Barca
6-20. EPL clubs.
>>
>>64461054
Not even close to any of them, but nice try. Having a good cup run (where they didn't actually face any English opposition) is not evidence of being a great team.

Chelsea and Liverpool both won the CL when they weren't even in the top 4 for fuck sake.

Winning the CL just means you are good at winning the CL, nothing more. It's just another cup.
>>
>>64460970
>One time, 2 years ago, a Spanish team reached the final of the biggest club competition in the world and were seconds away from winning it, soundly beating one of the elite English teams in the process of reaching that final, as well as winning their domestic league over two of the three most dominant teams in recent history. Therefore this Spanish team would clearly win more points in a 38 game league season and thus confirm that it is indeed significantly superior to its English counterpart.
FTFY

>>64460982
I was replying to a post that claimed non contenders in the EPL (Chelsea, United, Liverpool) would finish 2nd/3rd in La Liga
>>
>>64461105
>united
>losing 2-0 against a who
>better than Atletico
>spurs
>better than Celta/Villarreal/Sevilla

D E L U D E D
E
L
U
D
E
D
>>
>>64461156
>where they didn't actually face any English opposition
Except that they literally and factually did
>>
>>64461156
>Atletico is not better than a team like Chelsea despite beating them directly because they don't play in the EPL
>and why does the EPL matter
>because good teams play in it
>but how do you know they are good? They embarrass themselves too often in Europe
>yeah but Europe doesn't matter because they don't play in the EPL
>but why does the EPL matter
>...
>>
>>64461156
They won the fucking league you turd
>>
>>64461164
>biggest club competition in the world
That'd be the EPL. Based on viewing figures and income from TV deals and sponsors.

>Relegation from EPL finishing last = £38 million + £4 million for league finish
>Winning the CL = £56 million
>>
>>64460982
And Atletico would beat City easily if they had world class players
>If, if, if

The question is that, right now, Atletico is much much more reliable and better team than City by miles.
>>
>>64461171
Ah but here's where your logic trips up... that 'literally who' side would comfortably beat any of those clubs that you just listed. Maybe by 3 or 4 goals.
>>
>>64461217
A Barca-Madrid match is literally bigger than the entire EPL combined

Let alone the CL
>muh arab oil money
>muh dirty TV money
irrelevant
>>
>>64461023
>Liverpool would comfortably win the Italian league

you only watch EPL games, don't you, deluded bong?
>>
>>64461252
Is there any other answer?

Brits are to football what Americans are to handegg, basketball or baseball. Except in this sport, other countries are actually relevant (and better).
>>
>>64461225
It's much easier to get a good manager in than trying to raise the quality of the whole squad
Pep is already going to City but I doubt Atletico will suddenly improve over the summer especially if Simeone leaves too
>>
>>64461225
>right now, Atletico is much much more reliable and better team than City by miles.
>right now

Is this meant to be epic banter or something? Come on lad, we gave Atletico credit for being good 2 years ago, and maybe you're right that 2 years ago they would have given teams like City a decent game and a good challenge, but the meme is over.

Currently Atletico are about as good as a 10th or 11th placed team in the EPL.

Fucking better than City? You are pulling my pisser aren't you?
>>
>>64461217
>winning the EPL - £99 million for 38 games - £2.6 million per game
>winning the CL - £56 million for 13 games - £4.3 million per game
:^)
>>
File: B2uWMWBCUAE4qNC.jpg-large.jpg (68 KB, 1023x492) Image search: [Google]
B2uWMWBCUAE4qNC.jpg-large.jpg
68 KB, 1023x492
>>64461239
Actually no, United - Liverpool got more viewers last year than Barca - Madrid got.

And that's despite both United and Liverpool playing like utter shit....
>>
File: 1449344943090.jpg (33 KB, 600x360) Image search: [Google]
1449344943090.jpg
33 KB, 600x360
>>64461273
>Currently Atletico are about as good as a 10th or 11th placed team in the EPL.
>>
>>64461293
Except neither is measured per game. Neither is based on wins/games ratio or bonuses.

Nice try but clearly no.
>>
>>64461309
Yes, bare in mind Liverpool are 10th and Chelsea are about 15th or something.

The EPL is a very strong league, that's the point you seem to fail to understand.
>>
>>64461273
The delusion
>>
>>64461318
Would you consider a job that pays £7/hour that would require you to work 40 hours a week better paying than a £14/hour one that would require you to work 12 hours a week?

Personally, I'd much rather get the 2nd one
>>
File: 1446861369111.jpg (11 KB, 307x307) Image search: [Google]
1446861369111.jpg
11 KB, 307x307
>>64461346
>>
File: 1435179256131.jpg (185 KB, 887x1019) Image search: [Google]
1435179256131.jpg
185 KB, 887x1019
>>64461309
They are, m8

I'd fucking kill myself if Simeone managed Argentina
>>
>>64461318
Also a big part of the CL money is literally given on per game basis and based on wins
>>
>>64461239
Not true.

An estimated 700m people worldwide tuned into their last meeting in March 2015, when Steven Gerrard was sent off seconds after coming on and Juan Mata's scissor-kick stunner sealed victory for United at Anfield.

In comparison, Barcelona's clash with Real Madrid, which took place later that day, was watched by an estimated 400m-500m people. The Champions League final in June had less than half the estimated viewers of the Liverpool v United clash across the planet.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11662/9985539/manchester-united-v-liverpool-the-biggest-game-in-football
>>
>>64461377
Says the real MAD fan who got btfo by Simeone multiple times
>>
>>64461293
Obviously when the PL has far more parity than the CL
Just look at how much AC Milan got when they were in it compared to German teams
>>
The real point is that Spanish football is boring as fuck and is played at walking pace by unathletic spic manlets in between the ref whistling for a foul every 30 seconds
>>
>>64461363
You don't even need to be as cryptic as that. Let me simplify.

You are a football club.

What would you rather your club earned?

>99 million
or
>56 million

Both are paid annually, on the same date. No strings. No catches.
Obviously the club is OBLIGED to play 38 games a season regardless of anything. So that's a given. Those games MUST be played.

I'd say the 99, wouldn't you?
>>
File: 1443550545068.jpg (12 KB, 426x382) Image search: [Google]
1443550545068.jpg
12 KB, 426x382
>>64461375
France and Germany are currently almost joint-favourites to win the Euro.

France beat Germany 2-0 easily.

England brushed aside France 2-0 easily.

Let that be a lesson - England has the best players, the best league, the most money. This Spanish obsession can only go on so long. Despite the fact we have multiple sports we concentrate on (unlike spanish/portu countries), we remain the greatest.
>>
>>64461391
I sure was mad those times Atletico beat Real Madrid in the champions league

oh wait :^)
>>
>>64461414
This Tbh

In real leagues like BPL not even offsides get called.
>>
File: 1440372976506s.jpg (2 KB, 103x125) Image search: [Google]
1440372976506s.jpg
2 KB, 103x125
>>64461385
SPICS BTFO
>>
Unless you're a fan of Real Mad/Barcelona/Bayern, I can't see how you could look at the Premier League and think "your average fan there has less excitement than I do"

Face it, if you're Spanish or German or an American bandwagoner who follows a team that isn't Barcelona, Bayern Munich or Real Madrid not only are your team not going to win shit - they aren't even in with a chance. There isn't even the slightest hope. Your domestic cups are purely there to give the top clubs more silverware. Your leagues are there to give them an easy ride into Europe.

If you're English or support an English team then you have a much higher chance of seeing your club win something domestically, or having experienced winning in the past. This isn't even up for debate. In the past quarter century we've seen the likes of Leeds United and Blackburn win titles, Wigan and Portsmouth win cups and three different English clubs win in Europe.

All the shit about where certain clubs would finish in other leagues is speculation. The above are facts. English football is the best in the world, for neutrals and fans alike.
>>
>>64461273
You are criminally overrating city. They are pretty shite
>>
>>64461414
this
also, no stars

>EPL
Rooney
Aguero
Costa
Sterling
Martial
Alexis
Hazard
Cech
Mata
Oscar
de Bruyne
Ozil
Schweinsteiger
Memphis
Kane
Yaya Toure
Terry
de Gea
Vardy
Silva
Lloris
Sturridge
etc.
etc.

>La Liga
Ronaldo (ex PL)
Messi
Suarez (ex PL)
Neymar
uh.......
uh..........
er......
Bale? (ex PL)
>>
>>64461385
This stats are made up as fuck.

>Liv vs Utd March 2015 screened in over 200 countries
>4 times as many as El Clasico
So El Clasico only aired in 50 countries? Yeah fuck off Sky Sports.
>>
>>64461505
and atletico, seville, celta etc etc are even worse
>>
>>64461540
These*
>>
Are they actually saying that finishing last in the bpl is more valuable than winning the cl?
I'm out lads
>>
>>64461540
Spic league isn't as popular as you think.

In Asia the PL is king. Asia is fucking massive. Sky don't make up stats like that. This isn't The Sun we're talking about here.

Sky don't make big mistakes like that without coming out and apologising afterwards.
>>
>>64461540
Why does it seem unrealistic to you that people would choose to watch a match in English over one in Spanish?

Spanish football doesn't really have a presence in Asia, which is the biggest TV market, outside of their Champions League performances. English football is supreme in Malaysia, China, Japan, Vietnam etc etc. No one around speaks Spanish (no one that can afford a television anyway) so it obviously gets less viewers.
>>
>>64461583
Nope, but winning it is and maybe coming 2nd-4th too (I'd have to check).
>>
>>64461472
Athletico and Dortmund both won the league not long ago, though I think your overall point holds some water in regards to Spain.

In the past decade, there have been 4 german champions and 3 english ones.
>>
>>64461589
Was just about to post this. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Asia is a massive market and the EPL is king. The only people that care about Spanish football are Spanish/Portuguese people and hues/argies that want to follow Neymar and Messi.
>>
>muh competition

yfw the last qualyfied in Germany, Spain or Italy has a better football structure, tactics and technique than the best english teams

>muh entertainment

When you get entertained by watching idiots who don't know how to play football telling other idiots how to play football, when the result that leads to that entertainment is obtained by performance that should ashame themselves

>muh espectators
dan brown is a better writher than shakespeare I guess

>muh better teams
then spend your night watching a chelsea liverpool, you'll enjojy being english and god bless the queen, but it won't be even half as good as a Dortmund-Shalke
>>
>>64461661
at least learn the language during your 3 hour siesta paco
>>
Only Arsenal and City are enjoyable to watch. The rest of English teams are hoofball run-a-lot-and-rely-on-set-pieces-or-blooters cunts. Unironically rather watch Celta or Eibar games.
>>
>>64461710
cool subjective opinion specific to you, brazil
>>
>>64461505
City are unironically objectively the best roster in the EPL, they just have to get their shit together and stop being plastic and inconsistent. With the investment into youth facilities etc. they're in for the long haul.

>>64461661
Do Spanish people unironically believe that La Liga is more popular than EPL? It may have higher coefficient, but let's face, it's OBJECTIVELY boring compared to the EPL. There's literally no reason for anyone to watch it aside for El Clasico.
>>
>>64461752
Stop using the word objectively, you don't understand what it means.
>>
>>64460481
Memes: the list
>>
>>64461772
maybe you don't, I think more money spread around and more even point distribution leads to a more entertaining league objectively you dirty JF
>>
>>64461752
top kek
Who said that is more popular?

Don't forget that spee, >this flag, this topic, considers asian espectators relevant.
>>
>>64461835
What about real life spectators? Not even Spanish people go to watch the games, so why would non-spanish watch (on TV)
>>
>>64461862
I think you're struggling to >objectively understand the point and >objectively say things related to what is being >objectively discussed because that is >objectively a fallacy
>>
>>64461862
>real life spectators
Dortmund confirmed for most popular club in the world
>>
File: Hoofesliga.png (46 KB, 682x565) Image search: [Google]
Hoofesliga.png
46 KB, 682x565
>>64461710
>Hoofern Munich
>Hoof Madrid
>>
>>64462024
>Accurate short passes
>Barca, Madrid and Bayern first
>inaccurate long balls (aka hoofball)
>Barca, Madrid and Bayern last
>Overall rating
>All three of them first
That table contradicts your point
>>
>>64462024
you're shaming british education m8
>>
>>64462024
kek
>>
File: tiki taka premier league.png (97 KB, 1280x562) Image search: [Google]
tiki taka premier league.png
97 KB, 1280x562
>>64462124
>>64462166
>>64462228
>England has the most
desu
>>
>>64461588
>>64461589
>in Asia the PL is king
>Spanish football doesn't really have a presence in Asia, which is the biggest TV market
So you are using one huge region that prefers one league over another to crank up the numbers and prove what? That EPL is better or more popular?

That's like saying the most popular sport in the world is cricket. A billion people have seen Cricket world cup final beetween India and Pakistan. Why are you still watching football, m8?
>>
>>64462669
It's more popular in Africa too and every other region is split
>>
>>64462746
Oh, it's the more popular in Africa too? You totally bought me with this one. I will only be watching EPL from now on.
>>
eplel is most popular only cause it has all the money, even literal whos are multimillionaires there, it brings all the attention, drama advertising at so on, in terms of quality it is nowhere near the top
>>
>>64463066
It's probably more popular in America and Europe I was only low balling so you spastics wouldn't sperg out about the fact no one cares about La Liga
>>
>>64463152
It's like the WWE. Being popular =/= quality
>>
>>64463325
>no one cares about the best league in the world
Their loss.
>>
>>64463066
Nobody cares if you've been 'bought' or if you will watch the EPL you autist.

The facts are the PL is the biggest league in the world and United and Liverpool are bigger clubs than Madrid and Barcelona.

It's a fact. Get over it.

Asia is massive. Over half the world's population lives in Asia. Asia is dominated by the PL. That's why it's significant.
>>
>>64464106
Doesn't matter what you think it's still the most popular no matter how much you sperg out about it
>>
Is delusion a sport?
>>
File: 1412195529237.jpg (39 KB, 500x331) Image search: [Google]
1412195529237.jpg
39 KB, 500x331
>>64461105
>Manure bigger than Madrid
ok kid now you are trolling
>>64464180
>>64464295
I guess to asians watching the eplel is like watching a big pingpong game with all the hoofballs and shit tactics lmao
El Clasico is and will be the biggest league game in the world no matter how much you sperg about it
>>
>>64464547
>El Clasico is and will be the biggest league game in the world no matter how much you sperg about it
Yet it's not as has already been proved
>>
>>64464692
best players
best teams in the wolrd
even chinks watch it bruuh like how do fuck do you compare a shit loserpool v manure with el Clasico like how the fuck is that posible like are brishit retarded or you are just a dumb paki
>>
>>64464692
>"proved" by Sky Sports
yeah no

And nice quote you fucking redditor.
>>
>>64464770
>best players
>best teams in the wolrd
Viewing figures are the only thing that matters in determining the biggest game and El Classico lacks that
>>
>>64464783
What the fuck are you talking about? Is your brain scrambled from living in a 3rd world shit hole?
>>
>>64464794
well I guess we all should watch cricket from now own m8
>>
>all this autism
lepl is basically a bad copy of laliga, unsuccessfully.

Barcelona,Real,Atletico > any epl team

Celta,Sevilla,Atlhetic Bilbao,Villarreal would be serious contenders to win the EPL.
>>
>>64464830
Those viewing figures are from all around the globe not from one country
People care more about Gerrard than they care about your fucking degenerate spics
>>
>>64464680
Yes Man United are bigger than Real Madrid.

Higher revenues
Bigger global fanbase
More shirts sold
More global viewers of their games worldwide
Higher average attendances over the past 10 years, past 20 years and past 50 years.
2 CLs each in the past 20 years or so (United with 4 final appearances to Madrd's 2), similar domestic dominance
Superior facilities: training complex, youth academy, infrastructure etc.
Don't boo their players when they're winning. Don't have fax machine issues. Aren't a circus of a club and conduct their business with class.

Comfortably bigger. The evidence is overwhelming as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>64464860
But BPL teams have a total of 12 champions league

And Atletico has 0 (Zero) (Null) just as any other team besides Refball Madrid and Barça
>>
>>64456459

Stoke
>Stoke

now have 5 (five) players who have been in Champions League winning squads. Let that sink in.

There are no easy games in the PL.
>>
>>64464770
>best players
Subjective. I think the EPL has more quality overall.
>best teams
Subjective. I think United, Liverpool, Arsenal, City, Chelsea, Spurs >>>>>>> Barca + Madrid.
>>
File: 1440708810587.jpg (71 KB, 717x600) Image search: [Google]
1440708810587.jpg
71 KB, 717x600
>>64464871
>muh shirts
lmao this is what matters kid winning in the field the name of EL MAS GRANDE besides Madrid can buy anyone they want even if they are 'poor'
but yeah enjoy those chinks and paki 'fans' lmao
>>
>>64456459
>not supporting UCD, Cork City or St. Patricks Athletic
>>
>>64464913
This.

>Easy games in La Liga
Between 15 and 18
>Easy games in PL
None. No easy games.
>>
>>64464920
Why don't you knock off the first 5 cups which came from a time when no one gave a fuck and countries were turning down invitations
>>
>>64464951
UEFA says Real have 10 UCL
thats all that matters kid
besides manure is so small Madrid always poach their best players, they know its a step foward when you pass from manure to Madrid
>>
>>64464920
Sorry, but that's how the size of a club is gauged. You walk around a city and you notice the shirt, the brand, the name. The more of that you see, the bigger they are. It's the same with music, fashion, business you name it.

Nobody cares what your personal opinion is, spic. It's not interesting or relevant. We're just dealing in facts.

Also, nobody said Madrid are poor. Quite the opposite. They are the 2nd richest and 2nd biggest club in the world. Behind Man United.
>>
>>64461105
Man United is not bigger than Liverpool
>>
>>64464977
>Madrid always poach their best players
You mean like di Maria?

Bale will probably be next this summer. Look forward to that one :^)
>>
>>64464911
barcelona 3-river 0 victim detected
>>
>>64465010
we will send you Ronaldo m8 enjoy :^)
degea and maybe martial will be good
>>
>>64464977
Obviously they'd say that it'd be too embarrassing to admit the CL used to be a joke competition
>>
File: Argentine pepe.png (4 KB, 477x539) Image search: [Google]
Argentine pepe.png
4 KB, 477x539
Can Celta be moved to Epl please? I would really love to see them challenging Leicester for the title. English teams seem to be incapable of it.
>>
File: 342434.jpg (68 KB, 667x646) Image search: [Google]
342434.jpg
68 KB, 667x646
>>64464871
deluded.
>>
Forbes ranks Madrid as the most valuable club in the world, Barcelona second, man u third.
>>
>>64465051
its a dumb paki that just arrived to england
Madrid have fans all over the world
probably the same manure fans are real or barca too
>>
>>64465013
nope, in fact I kinda celebrated blaugrana's goals

But there are facts that you just can't deny
>>
>>64465034
>we
>that flag
what part of real are you from m8
>>
>>64465051
>Counting the first 5
>>
>>64464860

No one is saying that La Liga hasn't been successful. They are saying that the league's structure makes it nigh on impossible for anyone but 2 teams to generate mid/long term success. As a result, it is boring as shit. I bet a bookies wouldn't take an either/or bet on Barca/Real to win.

Let's be honest, when Altetico and Valencia won the league it created a real and serious air of excitement in La Liga - that is what watching the PL feels like every year since Fergie retired.
>>
>>64465091
forgot to the ">" m8
but ronaldo is coming back home bruuh get hype
remind me where is dima know??
>>
>>64465034
>we
>bandwagons Real Madrid

Are you 17 years old or something, how disgusting
>>
>>64465078
>But BPL teams have a total of 12 champions league

la liga have 15 UCL

thanks for giving me a reason
>>
>>64465150
are you illiterate
>>
>>64465172
15 - 12 what a difference

I'm glad you're proud of your league, I'm sure you're either a culé or a merengue because nobody else in spain could be so happy with your league as you are
>>
>>64465118
>2 team league anti-propaganda
when;

clubs that won the EPLel in the past 10 years: 3
clubs that won the EPLel in the past 20 years: 4

clubs that won La Liga in the past 10 years: 3
clubs that won La Liga in the past 20 years: 5

Anglos are too chauvinists to recognize when they are inferior END
>>
>>64465118
>every year
>city chelsea city chelsea city chelsea
It's just this meme season.
>>
>>64465245
>Real and Barcelona are the biggest clubs in the world and they play in our league
>bad thing

pick one bartolo
>>
>top teams are mediocre

>3 out of 4 in the last 16 of the ECL

if the ECL didn't exist, mainland Euro teams would die. EPL teams would still have competition and flourish
>>
>>64465300
Now compare the 2 over their entire history rather than a cherry picked period of time
>>
This is literally Rasheed the thread.

Fuck off you JFs
>>
File: madrid.jpg (36 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
madrid.jpg
36 KB, 540x540
>>64465051
>>
>>64465744
>Champions since EPL exists: 5
>Spanish Champions during that period: 6
?
>>
>>64459007
Even though he was found out years ago, he still has a pretty decent record so far. Everyone here was hoping he wouldn't embarass us.
>>
>>64465992
>a glorified rebranding =/= english first division
"no"
>>
>>64465300
cule or merengue detected

You're denying the reality. Every time Barça or Madrid play people may watch it just to see how many goals they score. In BPL this very day a lot of big teams lost or draw their matches.
>>
>>64465305
>watching football since 2012
>>
>>64466389
before 2012

>united
>united
>meme team of choice
>united
>united
>>
>>64460407
How many of those players are from countries outside of Europe? English clubs aren't into desperate neo-colonial scouting for a fucking sport.
>>
>>64464871
Spot on mate, all these tapas eating flamenco fucks are so blinded by their two greatest exports
>Barca
>Real
>>
>>64466461
We have the same number of champions as Barcelona have titles it's testament to SAF as a manager that thickos like you think we're a league dominated in a similar vein to La Liga
>>
Let's be real. The epl is mls tier of Europe leagues.
>>
Epl has been poor the last couple of years there's no denying this, but from 2002-2010 was easily the best league in the world with the best players
>Bundesliga is boring
>Ligue 1.... lol
>La liga is simply geared to favour Barcelona and Real Madrid
>>
>>64465532
United and Liverpool are the biggest clubs in the world and they play in the EPL.
>>
>>64458244

that was Tito not poop, and Messi only got injured after he carried that team. That was when he had that run of scoring against literally every team in the league in a row before getting injured.
>>
>>64466624
It's a testament to money. hurr Premier League was just a rebranding
>>
>>64467211
All the other teams were spending just as much if not more
>>
>>64466718
Dunno about 2002, I think the EPL started becoming dominant when Mourinho and Benitez arrived and made their clubs compete hard at Europe which in turn revitalized internal competition and shot up Arsenal and Utd (who also had a star-studded team for some seasons).

Once Mourinho left and Barcelona started becoming GOAT-tier the league went down a bunch and players like Mascherano, Ronaldo, Alonso, etc started migrating.
>>
>>64460982
> City would easily beat Atletico if they had a good manager

Barcelona with MSN couldn't easily defeat Atletico. And City is not even as good as Simeone's ATM.
>>
>>64465917
LOL!
>>
>>64467211
>testament to money

That's why Van Gaal is doing well after spending so much with Man Utd

oh, wait.
Goddamn, you have to be retarded if you're downplaying SAF as a manager.
>>
>>64456459

Chelsea finished 5th in the EPL and won the CL.

More generally, Madrid playing Stoke or Newcastle etc would not be refereed to La Liga tastes. I don't know where Madrid would finish in the EPL after a 38 game campaign, but the experience of Di Maria does not promise much.
>>
coming from a young'un, the eplel was in their heyday when i started in ~2005.
since then, liverpoop became memey, chelshit got better in europe but are still plastic, manure lost SAF, shitty chokes in europe despite their money, and arsenlel were always the cuck.

accept it britbongs. eplel is meme. they will be back strong sometime in the future with all the money going around, just not rn.
>>
>>64467535
SAF is the best manager the English League has ever had.

But it's unrealistic to think United could dominate for nearly 20 years without a significant monetary edge over the other teams. Barca/Madrid get accused of the same thing despite splitting winnings between themselves.

And it's telling that, outside of a few great Arsenal seasons, Utd's dominance only started really going down when the arabs started creating super-teams first with Chelsea and now with City.
>>
>>64467826
But we're talking about the whole league. There's 20 teams in both the English and Spanish leagues. Not just a handful like you listed.

The discussion isn't "Are the best EPL teams weaker than the best Spanish/German team/s?" Obviously they are. This debate revolves around the ENTIRE LEAGUE.
>>
>>64467892
>SAF is the best manager football has ever had.

Fixed for you.
>>
>>64467909
The thing is, if the top teams are weak, how can you really judge the mid-table and lower teams fairly against other leagues where they actually get to play against top3 world teams? Chelsea who were absolutely crushing their league got knocked out by a flimsy 10-men PSG.
>>
This whole debate will end when Guardiola goes to City and they expend a ton of dollars again in their midfield. If they start utterly crushing the league, the conclusion is that the top teams were never actually strong. If the volatile dynamic remains, the conclusion is that the league itself is stronger.
>>
>>64467929
Chelsea were on their downward spiral during that period, they had a really strong first few months then weren't that great after christmas.
>>
Leagues' stretches of dominance. Note this is from when I started following soccer so nothing earlier than 90's.
90's- Serie A
late 90's to mid 00's- EPL
late 00's to present- La Liga
>>
>>64467929
You're talking about one-off games. You can't tell anything from them. PSG beating Chelsea was quite a shock and against the odds. These things happen in football. Especially in European competition where underdogs have everything to play for.

It doesn't tell you anything about how good either team is though...

Arsenal have beaten Bayern Munich and Barcelona in recent years. That doesn't make them a better team, it just means they were better in one game.
>>
>>64468026
But it wasn't exactly a game where an underdog won against a better team, like Arsenal or 2012 Chelsea. It was a disputed, even tie (both games) where it was hard to tell any real difference in quality between the teams.
>>
>>64468016
CL finalists from 2005 onwards

>England 8
>Spain 6
>Germany 4
>Italy 4
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.