[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've figured it out. Americans are absolutely fixed on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
I've figured it out.

Americans are absolutely fixed on their opinion that they are the best country on the planet. It is immensely important to them.
I believe that this is due to a dogged fear of Russia, and China, and small penis complexes.
So they have self containment leagues and sports in which they don't have to get their asses routinely handed to them by other countries.

The only thing they enjoy that is worldwide is the Olympics and this is because their nation of 300 million balanced with an influx of money ensures that they see a healthy number of gold medals each year.

'Soccer' is something that Americans are painfully average at - embarrassing when they should be the best in the world given their HUGE pool of athletes.
So the media shies away from it, and the people pretend that 'it's for faggots' or [insert other validating excuse here].

They are obsessed with the propagation of the mentality that they are somehow better than all other countries and hence whenever they win in Soccer it's all "haha we are awesome we beat you at your own game we don't even like soccer" which is just the perfect retort as it doubles up as a reason to lose.

Once USA becomes a top 8 side - which they will eventually; it will begrudgingly become the largest sports revenue in America. But until then the public will be withdrawn from the sport that third world countries are better than them at.
>>
>>64453922

OP you are a great person. I wish you the best.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year.
>>
Thanks OP for opening my eyes, Cheers and happy holidays!
>>
At last I truly see
>>
>>64453922
It's considered a women's sport so the media focuses hugely on the women's team. And they try to present the women's world cup as if it's on par with the actual world cup.
>>
I once watched Soccer, but then I fell asleep.
>>
>yfw Sweden has more refugee camps than the USA has World Cup appearances
>>
I love when third world countries make posts like this
>>
>>64454408
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index#2015_report
>>
Soccer never caught on because we weren't a European colony while the game was invented (like nigger land countries in Africa). And the US is so isolated from the rest of Europe, it never caught on the mainland from Britain.
>>
>>64454634
IT never caught on like the mainland from Britain*
>>
>>64454236
Divegrass: a sport for gay hobbits
>>
>>64453922
>someone is so assblasted by the united states that they took the time to type this out and post it

My sides have been gift-wrapped
>>
>>64453922
Soccer is for fags, america just beats u in I to show u how weak u really are
>>
>>64454728
this familia
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.